The Retro-PES Corner

Guys, I'm having quite a persistent issue with PES 2010 Smoke Patch..
I want to play with Sheffield Wednesday, but the kits don't correspond to the team.

1728651264075.png

As you guys can see, the patch comes with its own kitserver, GDB, and map.. And the folder name is correct in the text file, but the kits are completely off.

Wonder if there's a solution to this issue. I've tried detaching and reattaching kitserver, and reinstalling the patch as well, to no avail.
Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Just started playing PES17 on PS4 again for first time in a long time. Previously vanilla FIFA 14 was my GOAT, better than 16 imo. As no jerky legs, no AI pinball 1 touch passing around area all day etc.

Right now PES17 is better than FIFA 14 and 16 imo. 14 has better inertia and more interesting shooting and variety in shooting, but PES17's AI, ppff, it wipes the floor with FIFA 14 and 16, they play and make choices very similar to a top level human. And you don't need mods or sliders for anything as the game still looks good and the ball moves realistically and most satisfyingly of all, you can score goals from all ranges and you really feel the force and speed of the shots when you smash them. There is build up play, fouls, aggressive AI when they see you may break through their press etc.

I play on the highest difficulty, advanced through balls and shooting and 1 off manual passing. Just to carve open a good chance is a fucking slog against a decent team and I LOVE that.

I can defend well, but AI are always dangerous and unpredictable. I just played Germany with me as England in Master League and there were very few chances the whole game for either team, but I managed to look around the box and saw a slither of space for Kane in the box, I quickly turned and shot bottom corner to grab a late goal in off the post, felt amazing.

A fantastic game and one I don't think you guys speak highly of enough.

PES 2017 is my favorite football game, maybe ever. :)
Perhaps my favorite game period.

I play the PC version, with Smoke Patch, PA1, with the following gameplay configuration.. I've written extensively about PES 2017 in the PC discussion thread, on how I love its respect for stats, its awesome vanilla gameplay, its "one more match feeling", etc.. so I won't extend myself here. But suffice to say, in the 30+ football games that I've played, PES 2017 has given me the most immersive, the best overall experience.

So yeah, heavily underappreciated like you mention, @Pagi84 :TU:

Last edited:

I play the PC version, with Smoke Patch, PA1, with the following gameplay configuration.. I've written extensively about PES 2017 in the PC discussion thread, on how I love its respect for stats, its awesome vanilla gameplay, its "one more match feeling", etc.. so I won't extend myself here. But suffice to say, in the 30+ football games that I've played, PES 2017 has given me the most immersive, the best overall experience.

Damn. I have to try the PC patch and configuration you use then!

I wish I can get that feeling from PES 17. I have it on my PC.....Its just idk...the way players are, the way they are built and move just feels off....ball physics are also off...I play FK 24 with PES 21 gameplay switcher and a few gameplay mods...honestly PES 21 is so much better.

The game that beats them ALL in my opion is WE9LE with exogenesis patch

Oh PES17.

I'm Southampton in Master League with van Dijk and Mane :) As they haven't gone to Liverpool yet. I'm away at Anfield, early in the season, on the hunt for top 4.

It's a wet and intense Anfield. And it feels intense, whenever I try and play they hound me! As soon as I try and pass to my wingers they are literally right behind me, its' so awesome, as you feel it is how Liverpool would be IRL at home.

The wet pitch has a very noticeable effect on the ball movement and players losing balance etc, very cool.

They actively are targeting my star guy Sane who somehow left City for Southampton. Liverpool destroy my main guy Sane, with two yellows in just 5 min game time, not real time. They kept fouling him when he was about to burst away, he even had to go off for treatment after a THIRD foul on him. Tell me a game that has this ruthless an AI? Soon after Henderson gets a third yellow for fouling my other winger Mane.

I had barely any chances all game, they really put me off my stride.

Watch the short video to see the goal they scored to win 1-0, cool 1st touch by Sturridge, don't think seen before, but believable considering quality of player and where ball was.

Last edited:
Yeah that´s my corner. PES 17 was very good.

To serve my own nostalic, i am going to make my PES-ALL-Times Review

ISS on Nintendo. Best game of an era. Not today, thought, pure nostalgia.

PES 3, first game to bring PES on PC.
PES 6, best game of an era.

PES 2008 new naming, with PES 13 being the pinacle of that engine.

PES 14 started the era where for the first time, player and ball are calculated seperatly on the Fox Engine.
PES 15 improved it. PES 16 was very fast, too fast for online play IMO, but great for vs. CPU.
PES 17 improved defending and goalkeeper. Played it online, fun times.
PES 18 Balanced the gameplay, every strategy equal and valid. My personal favorit soccer game.
PES 19 some changes, not bad either.

eFootball PES 2020 to season update, more realistic but no longer so responsive.

eFootball 2025, only "PES" with active server. But i prefere the good gameplay over any current game with online server, including FIFA / EA FC 25.

Got some of the old games installed playing with friends using online tools, you just need to join my pc with your controler and play PES 18 etc, as if localy here. If you don´t mind joining, sent me a PM.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the original PES 2013 ISO for PC with all the official updates to be made available? The links on archive.org are down and are not expected to return, does anyone know alternatives?

Does anybody play J-League Winning Eleven 2009 Club Championship

I played 2007 and 2008 and 2010....but 2009 seems to have much better ball physics and AI is very hard, like pes 2008 ps2.

And Master League is amazing, complete Uefa competitions with 32 teams, Fifa World Club competition...and Uefa club ranking with more then 160 teams...I think that J-League WE Club Championship have the best and most complete Master League from all versions.

Back
Top Bottom