The Retro-PES Corner

I want to edit the option file of WE9LE or PES 5 in ps2 version. I started the game and created a new, default option file and then I opened MyMC to export this option file to my computer. With PES 2008 PS2 version it worked like that and also with PES6 but with PES Fan Editor for PES5/WE9/WE9LE it doesn't. I will upload this file later when I am on my computer. I tried WE9LE in ps2 and like it a lot, this version was uploaded in evoweb and is basicly a fully licensed game like original season patch. But since I like editing a lot I would like to be able to do an own option file or convert some of my old work that I made for PES 5 PC version to WE9LE PS2 version.

I found an option file for pes5 for 2019-10 season and there are different versions included. One the creator called "ps2 version editable in pes fan editor". It must be a different file format. So I would like to know how I can convert an option file for pc to one that is working with the pcsx2 game.

Try the PES editor for PES 5 :
http://www.purplehaze.eclipse.co.uk/downloads.html

I'm trying to access the we2010 aoki samurai no chousen database by renaming the files so that they are recognized as if they were from pes2010 but it is giving a storage error and @BillyKong told me that it is possible to access it through there but he was not the one who did this renaming process and access the database so I would like someone to help me get it
Captura de Tela (101).png

WINNING ELEVEN 7 INTERNATIONAL (NTSC-J) PLAYSTATION 2 - FINAL RELEASE - UPDATE 1.1
  • Updated database and fixes
  • Updated South Korea player names
  • Updated Old Trafford turf
  • Restored original scoreboard and powerbar
  • Restored original adidas Tricolore matchball
  • New adboards
  • New flags/emblems (thanks! @squidward)
  • Restored Hungary national team (replacing Latvia)
  • Added licensed Hungary national team kits
  • Fixed national and club team kits (numbering and fonts)
  • Fixed transparent GK glove bug
  • Updated translation strings
  • Added competition names (English only)
  • Fixed club names
  • Fixed stadium names
  • Added option file with unlocked ball type and Classic Teams (thanks! @sk_rea2f)
  • Removed Zionist banners
  • Stock SLPM provided for original PS2 consoles
This now makes this the most definitive patch available for Winning Eleven 7 International on PS2 in my opinion. I hope you enjoy it. This marks the final version of this patch and I wont be taking on any further requests or changes.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qhdb6c1lki6vjxk/Winning_Eleven_7_International.7z/file

MAIN THREAD: https://evoweb.uk/threads/winning-eleven-7-international-ps2-ntsc-j-patched.94690/

Last edited:
WINNING ELEVEN 7 INTERNATIONAL (NTSC-J) PLAYSTATION 2 - FINAL RELEASE - UPDATE 1.1
  • Updated database and fixes
  • Updated South Korea player names
  • Updated Old Trafford turf
  • Restored original scoreboard and powerbar
  • Restored original adidas Tricolore matchball
  • New adboards
  • New flags/emblems (thanks! @squidward)
  • Restored Hungary national team (replacing Latvia)
  • Added licensed Hungary national team kits
  • Fixed national and club team kits (numbering and fonts)
  • Fixed transparent GK glove bug
  • Updated translation strings
  • Added competition names (English only)
  • Fixed club names
  • Fixed stadium names
  • Added option file with unlocked ball type and Classic Teams (thanks! @sk_rea2f)
  • Removed Zionist banners
This now makes this the most definitive patch available for Winning Eleven 7 International on PS2 in my opinion. I hope you enjoy it. This marks the final version of this patch and I wont be taking on any further requests or changes.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qhdb6c1lki6vjxk/Winning_Eleven_7_International.7z/file

MAIN THREAD: https://evoweb.uk/threads/winning-eleven-7-international-ps2-ntsc-j-patched.94690/
There were Zionist banners in WE7I?

I am creating 2024 OF for PES 2010. I saw an idea on reddit and i like it. Instead of 5 usual league, i want to create joint leagues:
  1. British League (England+Celtic and Rangers)
  2. Western League (France+Germany)
  3. Latin League (Spain+Italy + maybe 4 Portuguese teams)
  4. Benelux League (Netherlands+Belgium)
  5. Balkan League (teams from Balkan region - just like in basketball)
For Other Leagues A it is going to have European teams who don't have a league.

Downside is that a lot of lower ranked teams for Top 5 leagues are deleted, also if you play ML in PES 2010 in UCL and UEL we will see less teams from top 5 leagues and more from "weaker league".

I am really interested in your opinion

I am creating 2024 OF for PES 2010. I saw an idea on reddit and i like it. Instead of 5 usual league, i want to create joint leagues:
  1. British League (England+Celtic and Rangers)
  2. Western League (France+Germany)
  3. Latin League (Spain+Italy + maybe 4 Portuguese teams)
  4. Benelux League (Netherlands+Belgium)
  5. Balkan League (teams from Balkan region - just like in basketball)
For Other Leagues A it is going to have European teams who don't have a league.

Downside is that a lot of lower ranked teams for Top 5 leagues are deleted, also if you play ML in PES 2010 in UCL and UEL we will see less teams from top 5 leagues and more from "weaker league".

I am really interested in your opinion

That's a little bit like the Master League in PES 3. Nice idea !

Would have been interesting to see all be it extremely difficult in real life. The keeper would have to be off his line. In open play this can happen but from a dead ball situation the keeper has to be caught napping.
What if the shot was so powerful that it took the keeper's hand off?!?!?! You didn't think of that did you! :)
2013 is great. It's fun, PES-style. I wouldn't say it's the most realistic, and it's a little fast (and a little end-to-end with the ball glued to your feet too often for my liking). But, individuality really shines in terms of how attributes are applied to passes and shots - and tactically you can see the changes they make. Tactics do have genuine importance, and planning out your strategy helps. The ML is fun too, although the AI can be a little cheaty.

For me, 2014 (v1.13 and v1.16) takes all of that, slows it down, applies real physics to it (which introduces some funny bugs, but not often) and removes most of the scripting, whilst keeping tactics important (if I don't man-mark real dangers, I tend to lose badly).

*** Major caveat - on PS3, you can't connect to the servers to download the DPs any more (including the "Road to World Cup" mode I mention). I'm not even sure if you can download the latest gameplay patches, but I'm assuming they're hosted on Sony's end rather than Konami's. Could be wrong. ***

The best bits are simply the things I'm not used to having in football games any more. Which is fucked up, when you see how basic this list is:

I love getting such a variety in results. I love that I can (and need to) rotate my squad for a match against some bottom-of-the-league team, and still win. Normally with PES, you get punished incredibly harshly for that. I love that with the physics it has, sometimes I have to stretch to win a ball, and with the wrong player (and if the attacking player turns at the last second), you could end up getting a red card. I never get red cards any more, unless it's on purpose.

I love that, as Fulham, I get humped by Man United, and I hump Norwich, but when I play Stoke, they hit me with long balls, score, and then keep the ball out of danger. In modern games, it would be reversed - and it would all be accomplished with the same patterns (long ball from defender to striker, chests it, 180-turn-shot, goal). In the modern games, players have more individuality when you control them, than when the AI controls them.

On top of all that... I love love love the Road to World Cup mode, or as they've called it for legal reasons, the World Challenge. That really takes me back, but also, it's great to play as (and against) a variety of different teams (with a variety of different qualification styles for each continent).

What I don't love...

It's buggy. You'll see the odd, crazy own goal, and the odd player running out of touch for no reason. Response times are genuinely (IMO) the same as 2020's - but not always. The catch-up bug is mad (but can be modded on PC). Individuality could be much better (again, can be modded on PC).

The ML is so barebones it's sad. There's one bit I really like, actually - there are no scouts or anything like that, but there's one giant list of "players it would be realistic for you to sign". If you limit yourself to that list alone, your transfers are pretty realistic. But the values are absolutely tiny (even though you don't get tons of money, so it's not a broken financial system).

There are barely any stadiums. Atmosphere is better than 2020 in some cases (the national teams seem to have their own, real chants), but largely it's pretty poor. The real, recreated faces are honestly dreadful, but the "generic" faces are 100x worse. Like a playschool kid made a clay model of their teacher, then sat on it by accident, then tried to remake it, then took it home, the dog ran off with it in its mouth, the kid wrestled it off the dog, rebuilt it again, and the dad went "I'm going to import that into my 3D modelling software and spruce it up maybe 10%". Then he ran out of time.

saviola.jpg

And if I'm going off on a tangent here... Their representation of black players, is "a white man painted black".

alvarez.jpg
My word, those faces really make one wonder if Konami were so pressed for time that they were getting the best out of a work experience school kid, nervously doing their best in their one week of time with the firm. Even as a white person, when I see these low effort portrayals of black people in football games it is embarrassing, what must people think? Just make a bloody effort at least! Mind you, given how odd Saviola looks, perhaps it's best that they didn't try!

might be a stupid question but i remember PES 3 on ps2 having this kind of blur filter and DoF is there anyway i can make it look like that on pc?

PES 2017 hands down..had the best gameplay of the PES series

PES 2017 was pretty enjoyable in ML after the wilderness years not a bad effort by KONAMI

one thing always bothered me with PES 2017 and 2018 the game on auto shooting would make one team miss ridiculous chances to keep the games competitive. I guess manual players never had that issue tho

PES 2017 was pretty enjoyable in ML after the wilderness years not a bad effort by KONAMI

one thing always bothered me with PES 2017 and 2018 the game on auto shooting would make one team miss ridiculous chances to keep the games competitive. I guess manual players never had that issue tho
Yeah...the gameplay in the video is Full manual ..I found playing on assisted pretty repetitive and Manual on PES 17 is very refreshing

For the iconic moments, Konami could have made to a tribute for old games by modeling players as they made them in previous editions.

They could have used Messi's modeling for PES 2008 for Messi's 2007 iconic moment, Villa's modeling in PES2010-2011 for the 2011 iconic moment. I found that the old modeling weren't bad, Beckham's modeling on Winning Eleven 9 is better than the one they used for 2005 iconic moment which was Beckham's hairstyle for World Cup 2002.

I love PES 2017. After trying almost every PES and FIFA game, it remains my favorite. Played tons of really fun seasons in PA1, and even tried one with manual passes (which was quite fun as well), but I decided to go back to PA1 as I love to feel the weight of player stats, which I think creates a nice differentiation between players). I also like the reactiveness of it. :)

For the iconic moments, Konami could have made to a tribute for old games by modeling players as they made them in previous editions.
I never quite understood iconic moments in PES. What are they, and are they still available, or is it strictly an online feature?

Last edited:
I never quite understood iconic moments in PES. What are they, and are they still available, or is it strictly an online feature?
yeah, it's an online feature where u get a player card for an iconic moment in his career. as an example Messi got a card for his goal in the UEFA CL 2009 against MU.. but they did it wrong, cuz they set Messi as a RWF on the card, but in reality he played as a central SS/ AMF during this game, and Eto'o was a right SS.

I've received today my copy of PS2 PES 2014 today.
I was curious about this game after reading very positive review here.

I'm very surprised that CONMEBOL clubs and their players cannot be edited and are only usable in Copa Libertadores mode. :(

I love PES 2017. After trying almost every PES and FIFA game, it remains my favorite. Played tons of really fun seasons in PA1, and even tried one with manual passes (which was quite fun as well), but I decided to go back to PA1 as I love to feel the weight of player stats, which I think creates a nice differentiation between players). I also like the reactiveness of it. :)

Yeah, 17 is the only one for me out of the last true PES games (up to 19) which didn't have gamebreaking flaws in it (18 with the spammed over the top ball by the CPU and 19 with the non-stop passing to the outside and low cross and the poor CPU defense) and still felt some magic from the golden era. Graphically (at least on consoles) it's a bloody eyesore but it plays true to the original idea and is still fun. I can't touch even 20 or 21 anymore, it's just bland nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom