The Retro-PES Corner

Yeah, 17 is the only one for me out of the last true PES games (up to 19) which didn't have gamebreaking flaws in it (18 with the spammed over the top ball by the CPU and 19 with the non-stop passing to the outside and low cross and the poor CPU defense) and still felt some magic from the golden era. Graphically (at least on consoles) it's a bloody eyesore but it plays true to the original idea and is still fun. I can't touch even 20 or 21 anymore, it's just bland nonsense.
I agree 20 and 21 get pretty stale especially after so many years....PES 17 has been so refreshing for me especially on FUMA...the variety of plays is awesome.

PES 2017 is good, I love the physicality but what stops it from being excellent is the shooting. I just find that every shot is hit well, regardless of the player’s stats.

The shots are either on target, just past the post, or just over the bar. I think they did this to bring those ‘ah! just wide moments’.

Playing the older games, miss hit shots can go so wide that they go out for a throw in or be so high that the ball comes down with snow on it. :)

Yeah, 17 is the only one for me out of the last true PES games (up to 19) which didn't have gamebreaking flaws in it (18 with the spammed over the top ball by the CPU and 19 with the non-stop passing to the outside and low cross and the poor CPU defense) and still felt some magic from the golden era. Graphically (at least on consoles) it's a bloody eyesore but it plays true to the original idea and is still fun. I can't touch even 20 or 21 anymore, it's just bland nonsense.

The problem with 17 is the game is too damn easy after few matches. And mostly the CPU doing some stupid feints when there's no need to use it. And about the gamebreaking flaws, there's a phantom goal bug on both console & PC. Durandil explained this in this video. I do agree with your point about 18 & 19 though however i still take 18 over 17 if i had to play single player mode. It still play like 17 on roids.

Lol you said 17 graphic on console is eyesore then 17 on PC is ass, like really worst cause it's ported from PS3 graphics. It's double-edge sword i guess cause the graphic being ass is responsible my old laptop could still handle it. Still playing it to this day when my mate come over though :D

20 & 21 is an anomaly. It doesn't play like its previous game (19 to 15) atleast but also don't play like efootball at all. I still like it though.

PES 2017 is good, I love the physicality but what stops it from being excellent is the shooting. I just find that every shot is hit well, regardless of the player’s stats.

The shots are either on target, just past the post, or just over the bar. I think they did this to bring those ‘ah! just wide moments’.

Playing the older games, miss hit shots can go so wide that they go out for a throw in or be so high that the ball comes down with snow on it. :)
Hi,
is your project for Pes 2008 PS2 with season 23/24 still alive? Otherwise, could you tell me a 23/24 updated options file to match your ISO for Pes 2008?

Thanks
❤️

@Madmac79 Hey bro! Yeah, same thing happened to me.. And I was using a newer cheat engine. I went ahead and used cheat engine 5.5 and it worked! I've applied it to many different Sany's installers and they've all worked fine!

I attach both the PES 6 Superstar mod and the Cheat Engine 5.5 here. :TU:
Sorry for my ignorance, I looked, but don't seem to find a straight answer, what does this PES 6 Superstar mod actually do to the game? Does it change player stats to improve AI behaviour? Also, perhaps you know if this is the same mod that is being used in Firebird patches where the gameplay is altered?

Thanks in advance

Sorry for my ignorance, I looked, but don't seem to find a straight answer, what does this PES 6 Superstar mod actually do to the game? Does it change player stats to improve AI behaviour? Also, perhaps you know if this is the same mod that is being used in Firebird patches where the gameplay is altered?

Thanks in advance
Hi there. I've noticed that the AI plays more intelligently, matches are tougher with the mod compared to Top Player. :TU:
As for Firebird, I actually don't know if it's the same modification.

Does anyone know the maximum amount of players you can create in old WE/PES games?

PES1/2/3/etc.

Thinking of how best to do the 2002/03 patch for PES3/WE7(I)

When making PES patches for newer seasons, how do you decide on player stats because eFootball default player stats are low and maximum is not 99 but instead 90. Just curious because i would choose to do Season Patch for 2021-22 or before that i would use default stats, used by PES Master, but because eFootball exists and that game is really bad, i don't know really where to choose stats for players in this season. Maybe EA FC 24 stats are the best but the problem is they are always updated and FC stats minimum is 0, but in PES it was always 40 or 60 for any ability. Just curious how you determined player stats for today generation of players

When making PES patches for newer seasons, how do you decide on player stats because eFootball default player stats are low and maximum is not 99 but instead 90. Just curious because i would choose to do Season Patch for 2021-22 or before that i would use default stats, used by PES Master, but because eFootball exists and that game is really bad, i don't know really where to choose stats for players in this season. Maybe EA FC 24 stats are the best but the problem is they are always updated and FC stats minimum is 0, but in PES it was always 40 or 60 for any ability. Just curious how you determined player stats for today generation of players
For the season 2021-2022 you can use the PES2021mobile tab. It was an update in disguise, for mobile users only, until the efootball was playable.

Also a useful tip I can give, if your player has a definite lower OPR than his actual life, you can use the level slider.

When I want to create players that exist only in efootball and PES2021mobile database, I use the level slider until the OPR matches his efootball one.

Also keep in mind that efootball has a different OPR formula, so lower stats produce somehow higher Overall Rating.

They fu***** the rating system for the online cards.. I don't expect them to back to the old rating with the career mode.

I am asking because i am making for 23-24 in Pes 2011. Also do you know the way to delete national team kits without pes crashing

I am asking because i am making for 23-24 in Pes 2011. Also do you know the way to delete national team kits without pes crashing
Well for PES 2011 you can't use anything after PES 2013.

The formula is so different from 2014 and onwards, sometimes it's even different from season to season.

You need something like PSD site. There was a strange site "PES Kings" IIRC , something like this. They had some similar topics with stats for players in older formulas.

Edit: If you go to Google and type PES KINGS, it's the very first result, Tapatalk something.

(2007) Winning Eleven 10 Liveware Evolution-K - (16th anniversary) [2006-07]
Korean commentary
translated

View attachment 214315View attachment 214316
View attachment 214317View attachment 214318
View attachment 214319View attachment 214320

ISO: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ky4xvye76kc4r8s/%282007%29_Winning_Eleven_v10_Liveware_Evolution.iso/file

OF: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g7u3eoeqkav79f6/SLKA-25153+WE10LE+OPTION+FILE+(6929C5B8).max/file

from here on comes WE2008... and the ps3 era. Sorry for the triple post, it was the best way to present the images, I will make a topic for you later where all the editions of the saga that I uploaded in previous months will be.

see for yourselves and compare the fluidity and the differences that these asian versions can have with the ps2 european versions of pro evolution soccer that we all know, in my opinion these games are faster and you must be faster to think about giving the passes It's still more entertaining even if it's more arcade.

You can find the other games in the ps2 saga at
https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/post-3926974
why Chealsea and Liverpool (as i know) kits have no sponsors??

Anyone know of a Mac version of Memory Card Rex or at least something similar?

Don't really have the ability at the minute to put .max format option files into a .ps2 save for PCSX2/AetherSX2 unless anyone can help?

" in the future we would like to explore and improve the depth in stats so that we can represent what is good Teamwork and what is not good Teamwork" (Seabass, PES 5 guide)

View attachment 283127
View attachment 283128

Teamwork is one of the most underrated stats in retro PES.

Seeing your players increase their Teamwork and gradually seeing your team gel together is one of the most satisfying experiences in Master League. :)

Seeing your players increase their Teamwork and gradually seeing your team gel together is one of the most satisfying experiences in Master League. :)
so, u think the PES team failed to achieve what Seabass intended to do ?

When I want to create players that exist only in efootball and PES2021mobile database, I use the level slider until the OPR matches his efootball one.
This is a really useful tool. The level slider over at PES Master is actually pretty good! It can give a nice estimate of a player's development. I attached Jude Bellingham as an example. In PES 2021, he is rated 76 as a 17-year old, but if you move the slider, let's say he is now rated 87, all the stats move accordingly. Even if it isn't 100% accurate, it can give a good estimation of where a player could be standing in terms of skills with his progression. :)

Last edited:
The problem with 17 is the game is too damn easy after few matches. And mostly the CPU doing some stupid feints when there's no need to use it. And about the gamebreaking flaws, there's a phantom goal bug on both console & PC. Durandil explained this in this video. I do agree with your point about 18 & 19 though however i still take 18 over 17 if i had to play single player mode. It still play like 17 on roids.

Lol you said 17 graphic on console is eyesore then 17 on PC is ass, like really worst cause it's ported from PS3 graphics. It's double-edge sword i guess cause the graphic being ass is responsible my old laptop could still handle it. Still playing it to this day when my mate come over though :D

20 & 21 is an anomaly. It doesn't play like its previous game (19 to 15) atleast but also don't play like efootball at all. I still like it though.
For me pes 17 is pretty hard. The AI on that game feels like im playing a good online player. Very unpredictable and they have me looking stupid occasionally. I play on full manual btw

I think you can definitely tell as well, putting moves together gets easier as time goes by during a Master League to an extent that cannot be explained by improvements in the other stats such as passing accuracy and technique. Teamwork is a stat that I began paying a lot more attention to when picking a side in the last few years.

This is a really useful tool. The level slider over at PES Master is actually quite useful! It can give a good estimate of a player's development. I attached Jude Bellingham as an example. In PES 2021, he is rated 76 as a 17-year old, but if you move the slider, let's say he is now rated 87, all the stats move accordingly. Even if it isn't 100% accurate, it can give a good estimation of where a player could be standing in terms of skills with his progression. :)
Keep in mind that the formula is for MyClub Stats development that doesn't follow the Master League development formula.

But it's the only tool we have, for the moment.

I love PES 2017. After trying almost every PES and FIFA game, it remains my favorite. Played tons of really fun seasons in PA1, and even tried one with manual passes (which was quite fun as well), but I decided to go back to PA1 as I love to feel the weight of player stats, which I think creates a nice differentiation between players). I also like the reactiveness of it. :)

I never quite understood iconic moments in PES. What are they, and are they still available, or is it strictly an online feature?
Iconic moments were variant player cards for My club.

Basically after the establishment of featured cards , it was their way (KONAMI) to step on the new status with a player having multiple card version of himself.

An interesting version of PES (winning eleven) you may not know about. I imported it back in the day for my GBA. The guy that sold me it sent a folded piece of paper with all the menus translated into English 😄 Surprisingly the gameplay was quite similar to to the console versions. I thought it was a great feat to get the game anywhere near its console counterparts.

this thing plagues the whole series from 17 and after, because of the generic implementation of the shooting mechanics, there are no variety..

I mentioned Betis? Nah, I sadly went back on my word XD @millossobek (and others who remember)

I... went with Manchester City, you know, 2005-06, the season they almost got relegated, and given the current football landscape, I thought I might just try to take Manchester City to the Champions League. (or win even)

There are some things though... I'm playing in a... 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 formation... except the 1 isn't the Attacking Midfielder..

This is once again a bit of a parallel to the current City.. except not, Guardiola does not play like that, so who does? Cruyff played that formation in Barcelona's 5-0 win over Real Madrid in 1993-94, or so if you wish to call it a "formation". Sergi Barjuan, the Left Back, is in question the "1" in the midfield, except he's not in the midfield, he's all alone on the left wing, going up and down the pitch, but usually more offensive. And when you see that game, Barcelona were just as direct at times as they were pragmatic under Cruyff, and they won 5-0 nonetheless.

Trying to set player roles and positions with this City team was quite an interesting task in that way, because I don't even think the game was ready for that kind of thing XD

Anyways, this all is on 4 star (that's kind of my level right now anyway) if it disappoints anyone... I managed to win the Division 2 Cup and the Championship itself.. didn't score too many goals (as you would expect with that kind of formation and a team like Manchester City) but... defense was quite tight as you can tell.

1718106457973.png

Talking about transfers.. I wanted to mix 2 things.. Nationalities of players; that played in Cruyff's team... so let's say.. 1 Dutch guy in the centre (could say Heitinga.. if he would bother joining us XD).. and 2 Englishmen on the right? Well, I was trying that until I realized the 2nd thing I wanted to do..

See players from future City squads if they're in the game.. so I found David Silva, Zabaleta, Aguero, Nasri and Kompany. Aguero and Kompany did join, I decided to not sign Silva and, Nasri and Zabaleta for some reason don't want to join.

The 3rd thing about transfers is.. of course players I want to sign for the team, my personal dream is Iniesta, you can imagine a team of Iniesta and Aguero in attack..

And since we're talking about Aguero, he really likes Wigan, we played Wigan 4 times this season, and He scored like 7 goals in 3 games against them XD. He's developing pretty quick. Since now we're in the Premier League (along with Rangers, Portsmouth and Sunderland Relegated), I'd like to have a go at some of the players I like.

1 last thing: Cruyff had Stoichkov in that right wing side.. who can I get who's that good (or will be)? a Young Messi? That's difficult.

EDIT: Here's my Starting 11 going into the Premier League
1718113525630.png

There's Modric, Aguero in the substitutes. Siberski too, Sun Jihai who technically acts as our backup DM, and Distin as a backup CB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom