The Retro-PES Corner

PES6 has always been my favourite *ducks for cover* :D

Don't think you can go too wrong with any though, just annoying that some features were removed over the years like being able to choose players which should always go up for corners etc.

Also in PES 5, you could also mix jerseys and shorts from the home and away kits.

Never understood why they removed this feature.

Don't think you can go too wrong with any though, just annoying that some features were removed over the years like being able to choose players which should always go up for corners etc.
I read that some players complained that the player doesn't go back after a set-piece, and they thought that it's a match engine problem.

I think it's true, since on PS3 (with PES 2008) they re-added this feature, and not on PES 2008 PS2 version.

But on the official guide of PES6, they confirm that when u set the level of attack/ defence on the top level, CB will join go up.

Replaying PS2 PES recently, I just discovered that I don't like PES 6 as I use to.

On the other hand, I'm still loving PS2 2008, 5 and 3.

Between 2008 and 5, I can't tell which I prefer but it's probably the 5 by a very small margin. PES 3 coming 3rd.

What's your PS2 favorite guys ?
My PS2 favorite is W.E. 10
Playing we10 on a rainy day at the ps2 cafe as if I was given an oscar award in my childhood,
The man running while it was loading..Damn can't forget it.
You know what, match was also rainy. It was on the seria league first fixture match. Will never be erased from my memory!
My PC favorite is PES 6

I read that some players complained that the player doesn't go back after a set-piece, and they thought that it's a match engine problem.

I think it's true, since on PS3 (with PES 2008) they re-added this feature, and not on PES 2008 PS2 version.

But on the official guide of PES6, they confirm that when u set the level of attack/ defence on the top level, CB will join go up.

There is also a tactic that can be set to have your centre back going in attack. Maybe it can be used for corner kicks...

1682050510128.png
Hi, anybody here knows's if I can download the J-League DLC for Winning Eleven 2013 using a japanese PSN account or another mean to have access to this level of excelence in football video game (aside from the PESJP Patch)?

Attachments

• 1682050509921.png
    1682050509921.png
    634 KB · Views: 0
The French commentaries on PS2 PES 2008 are also sometimes hillarious.

Sometimes after a win, the co-commentator says "ho, they'll not start the party without me ?!" and then says to the commentator something like "I'll go down to the dressing room to meet them right now".

Or during the game he says that I knows the player who just tried a shoot with his wrong foot. He says he's his friend and that he told him"look, today I'll kick with both feet".

Replaying PS2 PES recently, I just discovered that I don't like PES 6 as I use to.

On the other hand, I'm still loving PS2 2008, 5 and 3.

Between 2008 and 5, I can't tell which I prefer but it's probably the 5 by a very small margin. PES 3 coming 3rd.

What's your PS2 favorite guys ?
It's a tie between PES5 and PES 2008 (PS2) for me. PES 5 is the best PES ever BUT it does have a frustratingly blunt AI attack at times. PES 2008 is a little more balanced and far superior to the overrated PES6.

And PES3 is my third favourite too. Looks amazing, weirdly, compared to the later PS2 PES. A lot of fun.

It's a tie between PES5 and PES 2008 (PS2) for me. PES 5 is the best PES ever BUT it does have a frustratingly blunt AI attack at times. PES 2008 is a little more balanced and far superior to the overrated PES6.

And PES3 is my third favourite too. Looks amazing, weirdly, compared to the later PS2 PES. A lot of fun.

I would tend to say that if playing solo, go with 2008 and if playing vs. friends, PES 5 are the nuts.

in pes 2003 even the goalkeepers are named by the reporter. I can't remember right now that another pes part did this. it's the little things that i like.

the ball is simply one of the freest in pes 03, the wide camera is also better than in 4/5/6/8, the pace of the game is ok. the ki is demanding, every game is actually different from the previous one.
for me the game is important, not shoes, jerseys or 300 teams.
greetings go out.

I have resigned to the fact that duplicate players will always exist in older PES, overwriting them with young or random players takes too much work, so I'll just treat them as if they are FIFA Ultimate Team cards: there exist multiple versions of a player :))

Playing WE8i for the first time because I skipped it years ago. Damn it's hot trash

I have never played any football games that made me feel this unjust. The AI was so aggressive at tackling and fouling it's almost like Konami consulted Vinnie Jones to develop the AI between 8J and 8I. Scripting is heavy, so many jammy goals for the AI and double-triple crossbar or post for me. GK was overtuned to be God at 1v1. Refs turn blind eye towards AI fouling with impunity. I can't think of why 8I was so different from 8LE, which was released just a month after 8I

Literal assault in the box, no penalties
View attachment World Soccer - Winning Eleven 8 - International_SLUS-21117_20230423050617.mp4

Last edited:
Also in PES 5, you could also mix jerseys and shorts from the home and away kits.

Never understood why they removed this feature.
It was due to licenses. The kit manufacturers weren't happy with players being able to mix and match the kits outside of their intended assignment. Which is pretty pathetic considering back then it's just you and the TV, there was no streaming or Youtube to share your gameplay experience & show your kit swapped abominations if that's what the manufacturers understood them to be.

Hey guys, maybe one of you can help me in this matter: I'm looking for an ML tool which increases Funds for PES 6.

I don't want to make them unlimited, but only add approximately 6000 points to an ML I already started. (Started out with 1500 ML points and would like to increase them a bit).

Thanks a lot! :TU:

Hey guys, maybe one of you can help me in this matter: I'm looking for an ML tool which increases Funds for PES 6.

I don't want to make them unlimited, but only add approximately 6000 points to an ML I already started. (Started out with 1500 ML points and would like to increase them a bit).

Thanks a lot! :TU:

I dont think there's such a thing, grab cheat engine, search your current ml points for example 1500, play a match and search your new value, repeat until you get the correct addresses, probably the best will be to create a new ml save to make this test, once you found it load your other ml save and make the change

I dont think there's such a thing, grab cheat engine, search your current ml points for example 1500, play a match and search your new value, repeat until you get the correct addresses, probably the best will be to create a new ml save to make this test, once you found it load your other ml save and make the change
I was able to do it my friend! :TU:

Using these instructions and Cheat Engine! https://www.ultigamerz.com/2018/11/pes-6-master-league-hack-unlimited-money.html

Thanks a lot!!

I've finally got around to playing some PS2 Winning Eleven after not doing so for quite a few years now, I barely remembered how it felt to play and had a lot of trouble getting back into it at first, as the only time I really sunk a lot of hours into it was over a decade ago when I still had my PS2, since then I've played PS3, PS4 and even went back to PS1 through emulation... well, I've tried emulating PS2 and it just wouldn't run well on my laptop or my old smartphone that I've turned into a handheld thanks to my latest acquisition, a MOCUTE060 controller, anyways I sort of expected this, both of these machines are not so new anymore and have about 4GB of RAM... PSP did run well on both though, and from what I can tell the PSP Winning Eleven installments are just like the PS2 ones, but with stuff taken out to make it work on a weaker machine with less space on its media, the file sizes are much smaller, and it's been a good time.

At first it wasn't so easy to choose which PES I was going to play, as Konami kept pumping out these PS2/PSP PES versions all the way to PES2014, so my choices were plenty, anyways I went with PES2011 at first, because I figured they'd all be similar, so I made my choice based on OST and HUD/UI, also how much I cared about that particular season in football. I did make the switch to PES2012 though, as I had it for my PS3 and was familiar with the squads of so many clubs and national teams from it, and it worked just as well. What impressed me the most so far is how it plays, obviously, but I wasn't so impressed at first, I suppose playing so much PS3/PS4 PES has got me used to everything being super responsive and smooth, I also missed things like manual passing and how good it felt to pass the ball around through the ground and through the air, the players also felt a bit too light for my liking, though it doesn't break it.

Well, now for the good... I'm getting fouled so much more often here, I even get penalties, even if rarely, and it all feels natural, they're not forced fouls which are there just to increase a statistic, they happen because there's more physicality between players... like in real football! Also, whenever I play with weaker teams nowadays, it doesn't feel like it much, I can sort of feel the difference, but it's subtle, while here the lower rated players do things that genuinely leave me speechless, and the increase in error makes things feel more random, I don't know what'll happen next... like in real football! I now get why people seem to love using the word "organic" when describing PS2 PES, the way it plays, with fouls and player error depending on stats, and randomness that keeps you on the edge of your seat, everything's just... LIKE IN REAL FOOTBALL! What happened between then and now? How did we just lose all of these things?

I have been going through some old PES games on PC and kind of got stuck with PES 2015 with a modded patch to play a Master League. I'd never played it upon release except the demo for consoles so it's pretty new to me and I cannot believe they removed this feature
20230425_152922.jpg

I decided to do the preseason friendly in coach mode expecting to just watch the game and basically discovered its a mini championship manager built in the game!? Im sure its not new to many here but you can swap back and forth to the pitch or 2D menus instantly no delay,speed up time, get a small but interesting variety of players stats like touches and tackles won etc and once the games finished see the goals scored in a replay if you were looking away from the pitch

I'm considering playing out the whole Master League this way since the AI is pretty fun to watch. We lost 2-1 but my signings in midfield seemed to have worked with the passing style I'm playing.

Last edited:
I have been going through some old PES games on PC and kind of got stuck with PES 2015 with a modded patch to play a Master League. I'd never played it upon release except the demo for consoles so it's pretty new to me and I cannot believe they removed this feature
View attachment 213433

I decided to do the preseason friendly in coach mode expecting to just watch the game and basically discovered its a mini championship manager built in the game!? Im sure its not new to many here but you can swap back and forth to the pitch or 2D menus instantly no delay,speed up time, get a small but interesting variety of players stats like touches and tackles won etc and once the games finished see the goals scored in a replay if you were looking away from the pitch

I'm considering playing out the whole Master League this way since the AI is pretty fun to watch. We lost 2-1 but my signings in midfield seemed to have worked with the passing style I'm playing.
This does exist,. and is exactly the same till PES 2021. If you mean the 2D sim mode. If you mean the preseason friendly matches, them you are right.

It's from the very few features, they didn't remove, but never bothered to improve it too, over the years.

Last edited:
This does exist,. and is exactly the same till PES 2021. If you mean the 2D sim mode. If you mean the preseason friendly matches, them you are right.

It's from the very few features, they didn't remove, but never bothered to improve it too, over the years.

Crazy I never even knew it was in the game.. I always presumed coach mode was simply watching the match on screen and able to pause to make subs/tactical changes

Crazy I never even knew it was in the game.. I always presumed coach mode was simply watching the match on screen and able to pause to make subs/tactical changes
Yes, i wasn't neither aware of this, until a recent PES.

To set it fair, i was not aware that this was available in 2015, i learned it by your post.

I discovered it by accident on 2020 IIRC, on MyClub, while i was forcing myself to do some RPG staff , like concert player cards to trainers, etc, and i could not bother to play ranked matches vs other crazy people , that could potentially do the Void Cheat and waste my time.

Well on the topic, i find this feature decent, but it would need some more tools , to be more usefull for my playing style.

First of all, it should have since always an INTERVENTION option, to cut the SiM whenever the match needs and jump to take it to your hands .

Also it needed an on the fly gameplan screen, so you can change tactics like FM. In the current SIM, you have to go to the classic gameplan screen to make changes, and the only difference in modern PES in comparison to 2015, is that you can apply advanced tactics and ATT/DEF mentality, while the SIM is running.

But as i said, they never bothered to improve or even highlight this feature, it makes sense now in F2P era, and they will jever bother with it in the future , if ML ever comes back in any form. 😞

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom