The Retro-PES Corner

Last edited:
(2007) Winning Eleven 10 Liveware Evolution-K - (16th anniversary) [2006-07]
Korean commentary
translated

pcsx2 2023-05-02 13-11-20-65.jpgpcsx2 2023-05-02 13-11-27-12.jpg
pcsx2 2023-05-02 13-12-30-44.jpgpcsx2 2023-05-02 13-11-56-85.jpg
pcsx2 2023-05-02 13-14-58-90.jpgpcsx2 2023-05-02 13-16-16-10.jpg

ISO: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ky4xvye76kc4r8s/%282007%29_Winning_Eleven_v10_Liveware_Evolution.iso/file

OF: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g7u3eoeqkav79f6/SLKA-25153+WE10LE+OPTION+FILE+(6929C5B8).max/file

from here on comes WE2008... and the ps3 era. Sorry for the triple post, it was the best way to present the images, I will make a topic for you later where all the editions of the saga that I uploaded in previous months will be.

see for yourselves and compare the fluidity and the differences that these asian versions can have with the ps2 european versions of pro evolution soccer that we all know, in my opinion these games are faster and you must be faster to think about giving the passes It's still more entertaining even if it's more arcade.

You can find the other games in the ps2 saga at
https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/post-3926974

Last edited:
Hi, @BillyKong, it's me again, I have some questtions.

I don't know if someone else ever had this problem, but when I play the JLWE2008 with your save and patch, the Roasso Kumamoto's stadium gets bugged on exibithion mode, Master League and Fantasista (Be a legend mode) doesn't have this issue. Is there any way to fix it? View attachment 207773

Another thing, how I could change the champions league music in the entrance scene (I really like this series because it has the J-League)? And the boots, how I can get them back to the originals?

Thanks for the work and hope you can help me.

Hi!

I was able to fix this finally - turns out it was due to an animated adboard that was incompatible.

I have updated the ISO so its all working now - I also restored the original scoreboard to prevent any graphical glitches and I have also included a default LOD and Zoom SLPM file for users wishing to play the game on original PS2 hardware. To apply this simply open the ISO in Game Graphic Studio, right click on the SLPM file in the list and import the included SLPM from the folder over the one in the ISO.

Here is the new link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s0b8...Winning_Eleven_2008_Club_Championship.7z/file

I have also updated the original post here:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/post-3907586

Hi @BillyKong ,
Are the player names also translated or you left that to the OF editors ?
I've this game and I'm looking for a patch to translate the menus. I'm for the moment using a text editor to translate the team and players names.
Would it be possible to only provide the texts translation patch ?
Thanks for sharing this !

Hi @BillyKong ,
Are the player names also translated or you left that to the OF editors ?
I've this game and I'm looking for a patch to translate the menus. I'm for the moment using a text editor to translate the team and players names.
Would it be possible to only provide the texts translation patch ?
Thanks for sharing this !

Hi. Everything is translated including player names using Fernando's earlier translation as a base and then expanding upon it. The base ISO has the full translation. The only thing the option file has is the kits and stadium names if I recall correctly.

You are free to use any contents from the patch but you will have to export the data yourself - most of the translation is in the J_TEXT.afs file in the .str format.

Last edited:
Hi!

I was able to fix this finally - turns out it was due to an animated adboard that was incompatible.

I have updated the ISO so its all working now - I also restored the original scoreboard to prevent any graphical glitches and I have also included a default LOD and Zoom SLPM file for users wishing to play the game on original PS2 hardware. To apply this simply open the ISO in Game Graphic Studio, right click on the SLPM file in the list and import the included SLPM from the folder over the one in the ISO.

Here is the new link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s0b8...Winning_Eleven_2008_Club_Championship.7z/file

Could you share the 0TEXT.AFS (Like hairs: unnamed_XXXX.bin~unnamed_YYYY.bin) map and tell wich file has the file musics? . I would like to restore the original boots and music... Oh, Thanks for the hard work!

Hi. Everything is translated including player names using Fernando's earlier translation as a base and then expanding upon it. The base ISO has the full translation. The only thing the option file has is the kits and stadium names if I recall correctly.

You are free to use any contents from the patch but you will have to export the data yourself - most of the translation is in the J_TEXT.afs file in the .str format.
Thx, I'll have a look !

Could you share the 0TEXT.AFS (Like hairs: unnamed_XXXX.bin~unnamed_YYYY.bin) map and tell wich file has the file musics? . I would like to restore the original boots and music... Oh, Thanks for the hard work!
Sorry I dont have the AFS Map on hand anymore. Music is in 0_SOUND.afs. You will have to go through the files one by one individually to find the boot files.

Is there a PS2 OF editor for J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship, I was looking to globally edit some stats?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐World_Soccer_Winning_Eleven_9_Liveware_Evolution.png⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐

Considered by many to be the pinnacle of the franchise, Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution was originally released on March 9th 2006 as a South Korean exclusive for Sony PlayStation 2 and PC. Some fine tuned adjustments to the core gameplay of PES5/WE9 were made to WE9LE, but these were of a far lesser impact than previous Final Evolution or Liveware Evolution titles. Overall the game still holds up today and is one of the most realistic football titles released in the last 20 years thanks to its impressive defensive AI, ball physics and realistic refereeing approach.

Huge thanks to user @morodolarama1 who helped contribute to this patch. If you wish to try his version please view his post above. My version contains a few more bells and whistles which some may appreciate! (or not!)

Patch Details:
  • Fully translated from Korean to English - all menus, modes, club names and players.
  • High LOD fix applied via hex edit to the SLPM file.
  • Included default LOD SLPM file for original PS2 hardware. Simply import and copy over SLPM file in GGS.
  • New multi coloured power bar.
  • Removed ball cursor.
  • New selection of footballs.
  • New positional plate texture.
  • New adboards.
  • New entrance and formation music.
  • New replay music.
  • New font.
  • New stadiums and turf.
  • Fully licensed kits for all teams - national, club and classic.
  • Thanks to @morodolarama1 who fixed kit numbers and fonts and provided the 2D kits as well.
  • New licensed referee kits.
  • New licensed goalkeeper gloves applied to all teams.
  • Nike boots created and applied via option file.
  • Official national crests applied as well as club logos.
  • Competition and League logos.
  • Transfers made to February 2006 - thanks to @morodolarama1
  • Faces applied to correct players - thanks to @morodolarama1
  • Banners for national and club teams.
  • A selection of chants are included for both national and club teams.
  • Updated formations and lineups for some teams.
Download Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jsd9e1owd1gdbfn/Winning+Eleven+9+Liveware+Evolution.7z/file

I would like to thank @marqisspes6 for his tools, help and support as always, @morodolarama1 for his help and support in creating this patch as well as @Fabri55, @Shales and @kerim.

Please download the latest nightly build of PCSX2 from here:

https://pcsx2.net/downloads/#nightly-anchor - Select the QT AVX2 release for Windows 10/11.

Ensure you apply the included Widescreen Patch to the appropriate folder in PCSX2 (I believe its cheats_ws and ensure 16:9 aspect ratio as well as cheats and widescreen patches are enabled in the emulator settings). You will know the widescreen patch has been applied properly as you will see a popup in the top left corner saying 'widescreen patches enabled'. Without this you will end up playing the game in stretched 16:9 and this causes the game to play at a higher speed than normal. Also ensure Optimal Frame Pacing is turned on to reduce any input latency.

Please ensure the option file is imported before playing.

To import save file data and option files to your virtual PCSX2 memory card please download MyMc from here:

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/

Last edited:
Right, exactly bro. 2009 with the decreased speed plays like a completely different game, I've found it quite enjoyable TBH!

2010 is an entirely different case. The vanilla game is a bit on the easy side, but with some gameplay mods the difficulty is definitely better. I absolutely LOVE the lighting (color palette) and the depth of the ML in 2010, the only issue I have with it (even after the gp mod), is that it is quite difficult to dispossess the CPU, like they retain possession a bit too much. This is the gameplay mod that I use for PES 2010 (courtesy of jenkey) which significantly improves the difficulty, even if some other gameplay issues remain. But other than those issues, like you say, the game has a lot of good points, IMO especially the presentation. :TU:With speeder, 2008, 2009, and 2010 are very underappreciated titles like @Geez mentioned!
hello . what patches you recommend for pes 2010 ? with the less mistakes in it , there's smoke and pesedit ones , don't know what to choose ...

rvQn6hg.png

Koen Casteels was the bane of my existence in this match. :D

Ended 1-1.

hello . what patches you recommend for pes 2010 ? with the less mistakes in it , there's smoke and pesedit ones , don't know what to choose ...

1683452598373.png

Hi there! In terms of PES 2010, let me see I actually tried I think ALL patches.. But I ended up settling on T.P.S. patch!! Something about it struck better to me, I'm not sure if it was the faces, assigned stadiums, kits, or leagues, (maybe a combination of all of them), but for this particular edition, T.P.S. best fit what I was looking for! Been playing multiple seasons with it and I've really really enjoyed it. Like I've mentioned before, I think PES 2010 is an underrated gem. :TU:

Available here!

Me too I got 8/10, i got the first one and the last one wrong.

So you could say apart from the stale bread either side, the sandwich filling was perfect :LOL:

Last edited:
I got 8/10 :LOL:

The referee one I said it was PES 4 and said 2014 was 2013 (which I realized my confusion very shortly after) :LMAO:
Hahaha... Dude i aways forget you skipped the early days of PES :P
PES 4 has Collina (The referee one :BAND: :P) with Totti and Henry. Collina was the talk of the town, cause he was in the PES 3 and 4 covers, but nowhere inside the game!!! :) :D

And interesting backstory here. I had 2 copies from PES 4, cause my first PC-DVD, was cracked from factory seal and stopped working after a while, so i posted on my wall as a decoration. With the second copy i bought, from the same shop, that they denied to replace my first copy, when i went and show them the crack, about 30 minutes after the purchase, as a "redemption" they gave me a special copy that came with a with a beautifull grey one-strap PES 4 backpack. I think the other extra gift was a ball, not sure for this.

Unfortunatelly my mom threw it to the garbage, some time , while i left my parent house to study in the university :(

@slamsoze noo those are the losses that are irreplaceable dude! Like when I left also for college and my mom gave away my Ninja Turtle action figures!! :( Man I'd give anything to have those back. :LMAO:
Hahaha... Dude i aways forget you skipped the early days of PES :P
Haha yeah man.. I arrived a bit late to the PES party but now that I'm here I am determined to stay! :LOL:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐View attachment 214974⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐

Considered by many to be the pinnacle of the franchise, Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution was originally released on March 9th 2006 as a South Korean exclusive for Sony PlayStation 2 and PC. Some fine tuned adjustments to the core gameplay of PES5/WE9 were made to WE9LE, but these were of a far lesser impact than previous Final Evolution or Liveware Evolution titles. Overall the game still holds up today and is one of the most realistic football titles released in the last 20 years thanks to its impressive defensive AI, ball physics and realistic refereeing approach.

Huge thanks to user @morodolarama1 who helped contribute to this patch. If you wish to try his version please view his post above. My version contains a few more bells and whistles which some may appreciate! (or not!)

Patch Details:
  • Fully translated from Korean to English - all menus, modes, club names and players.
  • High LOD fix applied via hex edit to the SLPM file.
  • Included default LOD SLPM file for original PS2 hardware. Simply import and copy over SLPM file in GGS.
  • New multi coloured power bar.
  • Removed ball cursor.
  • New selection of footballs.
  • New positional plate texture.
  • New adboards.
  • New entrance and formation music.
  • New replay music.
  • New font.
  • New stadiums and turf.
  • Fully licensed kits for all teams - national, club and classic.
  • Thanks to @morodolarama1 who fixed kit numbers and fonts and provided the 2D kits as well.
  • New licensed referee kits.
  • New licensed goalkeeper gloves applied to all teams.
  • Nike boots created and applied via option file.
  • Official national crests applied as well as club logos.
  • Competition and League logos.
  • Transfers made to February 2006 - thanks to @morodolarama1
  • Faces applied to correct players - thanks to @morodolarama1
  • Banners for national and club teams.
  • A selection of chants are included for both national and club teams.
  • Updated formations and lineups for some teams.
Download Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jsd9e1owd1gdbfn/Winning+Eleven+9+Liveware+Evolution.7z/file

I would like to thank @marqisspes6 for his tools, help and support as always, @morodolarama1 for his help and support in creating this patch as well as @Fabri55, @Shales and @kerim.

Please download the latest nightly build of PCSX2 from here:

https://pcsx2.net/downloads/#nightly-anchor - Select the QT AVX2 release for Windows 10/11.

Ensure you apply the included Widescreen Patch to the appropriate folder in PCSX2 (I believe its cheats_ws and ensure 16:9 aspect ratio as well as cheats and widescreen patches are enabled in the emulator settings). You will know the widescreen patch has been applied properly as you will see a popup in the top left corner saying 'widescreen patches enabled'. Without this you will end up playing the game in stretched 16:9 and this causes the game to play at a higher speed than normal. Also ensure Optimal Frame Pacing is turned on to reduce any input latency.

Please ensure the option file is imported before playing.

To import save file data and option files to your virtual PCSX2 memory card please download MyMc from here:

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/
Great to see how far these mods have come on this game since the initial translation 🙂

Hi!

Here is the new link:

Hi, is there any way to open the ISO on mac?

I want to revert the slpm to for my ps2.

Back
Top Bottom