The Retro-PES Corner

and more recently in Pes 2019 you had a warning about players with low stamina, where if you did not change them it sometimes risulted in an injury without contacts.
Yeah, but players can be injured even without the cause of low stamina, especially players with B and C.

Injuries on PES/ FIFA are based on physic contact between two players or low stamina, which does not reflect real life.

I've been taking a real good liking to PES 2013 lately, as I wrote in the tier list thread. I know, it was in my bottom half of PES installments not too long ago, but that really changed now. I think I've said this before, but I was playing with a South American patch which did not have gameplay I liked at all, and now, playing with PESEdit 6.0 patch, with the latest .exe and DLC, I've been having an insane amount of fun. :)

What I saw as "too counterattack oriented" is really "dynamic play" in my opinion. This latest official gameplay has addressed a lot of the defensive lapses that the other patch included, and even though yes, the game is more offensive than others, I read this as a real highlight in dynamics. And this comes from someone who likes slower games. Is this a contradiction? Maybe, but in the end fact is that I've been on a PES 2013 marathon in these past few days.

Even if I wished goalkeepers were a bit better, I can accept this as part of the whole package (Which cannot be said about PES 2014-16). It's kinda like this: When I open PES 2013, I know I'm gonna have fun. I can't believe the night and day difference between the previous patch I'm playing with and this one, not only in terms of playing style and physics, but also overall appearance, pitch, stadiums, players, etc. Now I'm playing PES 2013 as it was meant to be. :)

Stay tuned for more ongoing observations!

I've been taking a real good liking to PES 2013 lately, as I wrote in the tier list thread. I know, it was in my bottom half of PES installments not too long ago, but that really changed now. I think I've said this before, but I was playing with a South American patch which did not have gameplay I liked at all, and now, playing with PESEdit 6.0 patch, with the latest .exe and DLC, I've been having an insane amount of fun. :)

What I saw as "too counterattack oriented" is really "dynamic play" in my opinion. This latest official gameplay has addressed a lot of the defensive lapses that the other patch included, and even though yes, the game is more offensive than others, I read this as a real highlight in dynamics. And this comes from someone who likes slower games. Is this a contradiction? Maybe, but in the end fact is that I've been on a PES 2013 marathon in these past few days.

Even if I wished goalkeepers were a bit better, I can accept this as part of the whole package (Which cannot be said about PES 2014-16). It's kinda like this: When I open PES 2013, I know I'm gonna have fun. I can't believe the night and day difference between the previous patch I'm playing with and this one, not only in terms of playing style and physics, but also overall appearance, pitch, stadiums, players, etc. Now I'm playing PES 2013 as it was meant to be. :)

2013 still has the best player ID and ML for me. Equipping +stats boots is fun

Really interesting for me.
I'm playing pesedit 3.8 with dlc 5. Are there big differences between this and the version you're using?

@Fabri55 I'm not exactly sure, bro. In terms of the exe and DLC, I've really enjoyed DLC 6.0. However, the previous South American patch I was using, I'm not realy sure what version it was, or if it had tweaks, but I didn't like the gameplay. This one is great.

The only downside to PESEdit 6.0 is that I don't think it is compatible with Jenkey's gameplay tool.

But other than that, it's a great patch. I think it has some additional leagues and second divisions, and it also has an optional boots stats disabler, which iis awesome. :)

For those of you who don't play with PESEdit and don't have the boots disabling switcher, here is a video I found which has instructions on how to disable boots abilities. The instructions are in Spanish, but they should be straightforward enough.

I'm sure there was a simpler program which disabled boots stats, but I can't find it ATM..

In PES 3, hands were pretty common from what I remember.
I agree, i just remember it was half-implemented and in an infant stage, IE when the defender did a handball in his Penalty area, it was Free Kick for the defending team, and not a PK for the attacking team, as it happens in modern FIFA in contrast , where they "borrowed" the feature from PES, but they improved it drastically, while PES removed it completellly.

I agree, i just remember it was half-implemented and in an infant stage, IE when the defender did a handball in his Penalty area, it was Free Kick for the defending team, and not a PK for the attacking team, as it happens in modern FIFA in contrast , where they "borrowed" the feature from PES, but they improved it drastically, while PES removed it completellly.
true, sometimes there was suddenly a free kick for the opponent in the game. it must then have been this hand game. but for the first time i got a penalty for myself.

unfortunately a bit bad quality, sorry
Wish this was on 4, 5, 6 as well. You still get handballs given for attacking teams but was disabled for defending teams. Can understand why it was disabled but it doesn't happen that often really, and adds to the realism a bit.

I remember once on PES6 seeing a defender on the line clearing a shot with his arm. :D Was hard to take.

They could have combined that Defend + Reaction + Mentality stats to (re)create the handball uses/ fault in the game.

They are so much classier without. With that being said, some are iconic and was synonymous with the strip for years and still looked smart, like Siemanns, Carlsberg & Opel, but nowadays seeing them printed bigger than ever and being plastered on sleeves & shorts or just about anywhere you can squeeze them is just obnoxious and I hate it.

But the sport literally revolves around money and it'll never go back now. Can't put the bullet back in the gun once you've fired it.

They are so much classier without. With that being said, some are iconic and was synonymous with the strip for years and still looked smart, like Siemanns, Carlsberg & Opel, but nowadays seeing them printed bigger than ever and being plastered on sleeves & shorts or just about anywhere you can squeeze them is just obnoxious and I hate it.

But the sport literally revolves around money and it'll never go back now. Can't put the bullet back in the gun once you've fired it.
I hate how French kits get plastered with logos especially at the ass area. So much better without them ass logos

For all of you PES 2013 fans..

What graphics mods do you recommend? I've been browsing Moddingway but there are literally thousands of them.. I'm not really looking for kits, but other graphics improvements (crowd, scoreboards, adboards, filters, lighting, etc). So if you guys have any suggestions in the large sea of PES 2013 mods, that'd be cool. Thanks!

Guys, do any of you know if this version of PESEdit for 2013 is legit? I've struggled to decide whether to install it or not.. Apparently there is PESEdit 7.0 and 8.0 but the lack of reliable links makes me want to stick with 6.0. Perhaps if anyone knows anything about later versions (official after 6.0), that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Guys, do any of you know if this version of PESEdit for 2013 is legit? I've struggled to decide whether to install it or not.. Apparently there is PESEdit 7.0 and 8.0 but the lack of reliable links makes me want to stick with 6.0. Perhaps if anyone knows anything about later versions (official after 6.0), that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

No, only 6.0 was the latest, all versions after that were done by other editors, most of them don't work when you select different ligues, etc

Last edited:
Replaying PS2 PES recently, I just discovered that I don't like PES 6 as I use to.

On the other hand, I'm still loving PS2 2008, 5 and 3.

Between 2008 and 5, I can't tell which I prefer but it's probably the 5 by a very small margin. PES 3 coming 3rd.

What's your PS2 favorite guys ?

Last edited:
Replaying PS2 PES recently, I just discovered that I don't like PES 6 as I use to.

Between 2008 and 5, I can't tell which I prefer but it's probably the 5 by a very small margin. PES 3 coming 3rd.

PES6 has always been my favourite *ducks for cover* :D

Don't think you can go too wrong with any though, just annoying that some features were removed over the years like being able to choose players which should always go up for corners etc.

It was PES5 for so long.

But then I discovered PES2008 PS2 which is may fave. :D

Never liked PES6.

Back
Top Bottom