eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I was messing around looking at settings and set the Master League starting transfer budget to small – £2.2m.
Then I restarted and set it to large – £94.5m! With the default players! Ludicrous.

Has anyone started a ML with a big team, say a Juventus - What sort of transfer budget do you get?
If you select normal, you'll get a pretty accurate sum, all others are usually fixed amounts. Like if you select large for a big team, you'll get £2bn.
Maybe I'd have to play it with my Xbox turned upside down?
(Sorry to the fine people of the southern hemisphere)
Thanks Chris
:LOL:
This 100% doesn't happen in my experience. I don't think the AI has been programmed to get a tackle wrong.
That's actually a huge opportunity lost there. When they're introducing the tactical foul into the game, making the AI perform it in last man situations would make games a lot more exciting. I'm afraid the main problem of PES is that not a lot of things are actually contextual.

That's actually a huge opportunity lost there. When they're introducing the tactical foul into the game, making the AI perform it in last man situations would make games a lot more exciting. I'm afraid the main problem of PES is that not a lot of things are actually contextual.
Someone I know playing ML the day before last had the AI last-man hack him, for a straight red. I'm sure it's not frequent enough though.

So according to someone on Reddit ML transfers can actually go awry due to factors like player x doesn't want to transfer to rival team, x won't transfer due to team loyalty or concerns of lack of playing time, etc.

Is this true?

So according to someone on Reddit ML transfers can actually go awry due to factors like player x doesn't want to transfer to rival team, x won't transfer due to team loyalty or concerns of lack of playing time, etc.

Is this true?
Would be huge!

Someone I know playing ML the day before last had the AI last-man hack him, for a straight red. I'm sure it's not frequent enough though.
How realistic would it be if, towards the end of a game, a player like sancho comes on, takes the barca midfield through a walk, and then is pulled down to the ground by a no nonsense Vidal!
A nice dream to have :LOL:

Would be huge!

Here's the post from Reddit:

I have gone through everything in Master League to see if the mode has truly been improved.

I played around with transfers. Tested the difficulty of buying from rivals. Looked at transfer news. Tested to see if cutscene choices makes any impact Dropped my star players to see if they complained Tested contract renewals Simmed all matches up to December

What I discovered was:

Players have personality in transfers - some players turned me down because they felt they wouldn't get match time. Some turned me down to stay loyal at their club and didn't want to join rival club.

Transfers have improved and are more realistic

Player values are very accurate to real life now

Can change view of wages to weekly rather than yearly

Can disable 1st transfer window

Can change transfer difficulty and frequency

Cutscenes are a gimmick and have no bearing on your ML despite what you say in the multiple choice dialogue

Followers appear to be a gimmick

Players do not care if you don't play them. No player personalities outside of transfers. I dropped harry kane for two months and I didn't receive anything about him not playing.

I didn't receive 1 injury from July to December

I have played a couple of games today that had some lovely moments. In one I was 1-0 up with about 5 mins to go and broke on the counter attack in a two versus one situation. As I looked to play the striker in on goal the AI completely wiped me out - it was intentional for sure. In the next game the AI winger cut in from the touchline and as I closed him down he pushed the ball past my defender and with minimal contact hit the deck. The ref blew and then booked him for diving. It looked so realistic on the replay.

I

Last night CPU player got booked for 2 footed tackle into the back of me. I might have it recorded.

That game was actually really good where they had a few misplaced passes straight out of play. I will try find the recording.

Tackle is right at the end of this small clip.

Last edited:
Here's the post from Reddit:
The "if you don't play players they don't care" thing is such an absolute kick in the balls.

Transfers are so good and that makes it even worse. You can replace someone who's of a decent enough quality to be a star elsewhere, and they'll happily play in your reserves until they retire.

Even if they just made form arrows meaningful (and not random, why do they have to be random) and put them on a "depressed" arrow permanently, it would be something.

I was hoping the (terrible) cutscenes would add moments where a star player asks for a word about his playing time or whatever. But no - all they are is interactive versions of the "chairman messages" from previous PES games ("win the next game", "get us into the play-offs" etc.), where your input means nothing anyway.

The issue with the cutscenes: Deep down, I always knew they'd be naff. It's Konami, that's what they do, and to some extent it's part of a Japanese development tradition (think Yakuza, rather than Kojima though). That's part of its charm.

But I'm just a bit miffed at the advertising claims, which I was incredulous about before really, and it seems for good reason. Things that have been claimed:

"daily challenges"
"create your own unique story"
"new cutscenes will unlock according to your decisions and performance"

These are from the latest ML trailer released on 30th August. It just seems like that's a massive exaggeration, especially the bolded bits. I haven't (yet) heard anything about daily challenges; the uniqueness of a story seems to be very much in question (keep seeing the same cutscenes in people's streams, e.g.), and the cutscenes that are "unlocked" don't seem to be much more significant than what would happen in the old ML without the cutscenes: you don't finish where the board wanted you to, and so now they say something different as opposed to what they'd say if you met the target.

It all just seems incredibly naff, sorry to say.

I was hoping the (terrible) cutscenes would add moments where a star player asks for a word about his playing time or whatever. But no - all they are is interactive versions of the "chairman messages" from previous PES games ("win the next game", "get us into the play-offs" etc.), where your input means nothing anyway.
This is just what I've been writing haha, seems you nailed it on the head before me here.

I'm more worried from the july to december no injuries bit. Even something like last year would have been fine to me. If they completely culled injuries to nothing, well, that simply sucks.

The issue with the cutscenes: Deep down, I always knew they'd be naff. It's Konami, that's what they do, and to some extent it's part of a Japanese development tradition (think Yakuza, rather than Kojima though). That's part of its charm.

But I'm just a bit miffed at the advertising claims, which I was incredulous about before really, and it seems for good reason. Things that have been claimed:

"daily challenges"
"create your own unique story"
"new cutscenes will unlock according to your decisions and performance"

These are from the latest ML trailer released on 30th August. It just seems like that's a massive exaggeration, especially the bolded bits. I haven't (yet) heard anything about daily challenges; the uniqueness of a story seems to be very much in question (keep seeing the same cutscenes in people's streams, e.g.), and the cutscenes that are "unlocked" don't seem to be much more significant than what would happen in the old ML without the cutscenes: you don't finish where the board wanted you to, and so now they say something different as opposed to what they'd say if you met the target.

It all just seems incredibly naff, sorry to say.
Unless...
This is some sort of "base" and they will add/unlock some bits and bobs via patches and DLC's. (Which I highly doubt tbh)

My personal take on it - Meh..

Id rather put some effort into campaign to bring back more physicality/fouls and make defending more tactical again. Maybe not as much as the demo, but lets try to find a sweet spot.

I'm more worried from the july to december no injuries bit. Even something like last year would have been fine to me. If they completely culled injuries to nothing, well, that simply sucks.
That’s a shame. I remember back in the day my mate playing ML, bought Kaka, next game was injured for an insane 57 weeks or something mental like that :D we’d never seen an injury even remotely near as long

Last edited:
Unless...
This is some sort of "base" and they will add/unlock some bits and bobs via patches and DLC's. (Which I highly doubt tbh)

My personal take on it - Meh..

Id rather put some effort into campaign to bring back more physicality/fouls and make defending more tactical again. Maybe not as much as the demo, but lets try to find a sweet spot.
Of all the reflections I'm hearing about the full game vs demo, the fouling changes are what concern me most. I'll be playing a fair amount of the game online, and I had thought with the demo that the sweaty pressing game was no longer gonna be a thing.

Quick summary.

I hate it.

I won’t go into the details yet because it’s still new and people can still enjoy it, or at least form their own opinions.

Just played full game, immediately followed by the demo to see if it’s burn out. It’s not, it’s made me love the demo.

Hopefully more of you enjoy the game than those that don’t, I’ll go back to lurking so as to not overspill my negativity.

(Set a new record though, fed up of PES before it’s technically released. I’ve outdone myself this year)

Actually I wanted to stop on the demo, but I couldn´t bear it and fired it up again.

I love picking Palmeiras and playing against big teams.
Had a game against Bayern.

The ball physics together with first touch error is such a joy.
I take hard passes and the ball bounces off the foot of my receiving player who might not have much value on ball control. Him trying to get the ball under control is such a lovely animation.
This adds so much unpredictability to the game...I really love it.

To all you lucky b...............lucky buddies having the full game already:
If you tell me that this has been toned down.....that´s so awful.
I know I´ll be able to get my hands on it in a couple of days...I´m just concerned that I might be too disappointed.

Yah, very much like pes2019. Fast-paced, mindless ping-pong game again. Every one plays like pros on pesleague. lol
I guess, this type of game is what sells to majority.

I watched some bits of a Juventus vs Napoli match and I did not ser that tbh, wich is good

Pace is great and First time passes were not se perfectly straight to feet so there were some interceptions

Transition from defence to attack was not fast, Juventus could recompose most of the time wich forced Napoli to play some lateral and even backwards passes.

At least this particular match was ALL fine

there is this though

you didn’t check player affection. if they don’t play the bar decreases and you won’t be able to sign a new contract.

this was a thing for me on 2018 I had a back up striker who I never played and he declined all my contract offers eventually he left this was on challenge setting btw I mean it still isnt what we want as far as player interaction goes but not playing them can have an effect long term

Can you not alter the kick off time in ML anymore?
You can change a game from day to night or vice versa, but pre-kick off the game tells you what times the kick-offs are. So it will say 20:00 but you can change it to be a day-time game, if you like.

Having just looked up some Ligue 2 fixtures it turns out they all do kick off at night in real-life, so it's actually realistic in my case - but it sounds like it's not realistic in @Woodzy's case (sounds like he's playing in England and there are only day games).

there is this though

you didn’t check player affection. if they don’t play the bar decreases and you won’t be able to sign a new contract.
That's true. I noticed that players who don't play for you have an affection bar, which is weird - so before I sign someone, having been a manager for a week, they love me / hate me immediately, and they don't even play for me (and I've never played against them)!

Back
Top Bottom