eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Damn. Not what I wanted to hear.

I'm going to assume this means the digital console versions will be upgraded too without being able to revert to 1.0.

Hence the only way to play 1.0 is via disc right now. And I bet if you buy disc after 10 Sep you will be forced to update.

If I'd preordered the disc and had it right now, I'd be installing and taking my console offline.

Looks increasingly like I'm going to give this year a miss.

I'm going to assume this means the digital console versions will be upgraded too without being able to revert to 1.0.
Someone asked this earlier. The day that you download it, it comes with whatever update is available on that day and there's no way to cancel or get rid of that update. On PS4 and also on Xbox I believe. But you can cancel subsequent updates (on PS4).

So anyone downloading the digital version can only get it with 1.02. But you can stop it getting to 1.03, for example.

If you deleted the game after (for example) 1.03 releases, whether you download that 1.03 update or not, when you re-download the game, it will come with 1.03.

If you have the disc, you can go back to 1.0.

That's true. I noticed that players who don't play for you have an affection bar, which is weird - so before I sign someone, having been a manager for a week, they love me / hate me immediately, and they don't even play for me (and I've never played against them)!

haha I never noticed that before actually ahh Konami will you ever change

Im kind a confused. Is the retail version already worse than the demo or thats only true for the patched game?

my interpretation :
disc version right now kept at 1.0 is like demo
any update applied so far makes the game inferior to demo
the "retail" version due to release on 10/9/19 will be updated to 1.2 (hence possibly assumedly inferior...or it could be AMAZING?!!!!!!)

Edit : just seen what Chris said above....exactly - I saw your helpful post earlier hence my conclusive interpretations. thanks

Hence the only way to play 1.0 is via disc right now. And I bet if you buy disc after 10 Sep you will be forced to update.

If I'd preordered the disc and had it right now, I'd be installing and taking my console offline.

Looks increasingly like I'm going to give this year a miss.
Why would you be forced to update if you buy a disc after September the 10th?

Hang on, so 1.2 is brand new now?

Not just a rehash for PC release day of the 1.1 that people didnt like?

Hang on, so 1.2 is brand new now?

Not just a rehash for PC release day of the 1.1 that people didnt like?
Yep, haven't played it yet but there's about 3 privacy agreements to tick when you boot up the game, that wasn't the case on Saturday when I first loaded it up so it's an update of sorts, whether it's gameplay related I'm not sure. Gonna have a couple of quick games now.

Actually I wanted to stop on the demo, but I couldn´t bear it and fired it up again.

I love picking Palmeiras and playing against big teams.
Had a game against Bayern.

The ball physics together with first touch error is such a joy.
I take hard passes and the ball bounces off the foot of my receiving player who might not have much value on ball control. Him trying to get the ball under control is such a lovely animation.
This adds so much unpredictability to the game...I really love it.

To all you lucky b...............lucky buddies having the full game already:
If you tell me that this has been toned down.....that´s so awful.
I know I´ll be able to get my hands on it in a couple of days...I´m just concerned that I might be too disappointed.

The good thing is, out of the box its near identical to the demo. I was playing it for four hours straight yesterday. Patched its still a decent title but you lose some of the randomness. I have tested this out several times and gone back and forth to test. Means you won't have all kits though as you cant add images unless you patch.

Im kind a confused. Is the retail version already worse than the demo or thats only true for the patched game?

Patched game. Not terrible by any means but not as good.

my interpretation :
disc version right now kept at 1.0 is like demo
any update applied so far makes the game inferior to demo
the "retail" version due to release on 10/9/19 will be updated to 1.2 (hence possibly assumedly inferior...or it could be AMAZING?!!!!!!)

Edit : just seen what Chris said above....exactly - I saw your helpful post earlier hence my conclusive interpretations. thanks

Absolutely correct.

Means you won't have all kits though as you cant add images unless you patch.
UNLESS you edit teams and import images in the demo, which should transfer your kits to the full version.

Can anyone test it?
Kick the demo off, update a kit manually and then boot the full version up??

When can we get On-line (xboxOne)??
My copy arrived Saturday ,it updated but i cant get on-line ....Will this go live after midnight ??
Thanks

Last edited:
UNLESS you edit teams and import images in the demo, which should transfer your kits to the full version.

Can anyone test it?
Kick the demo off, update a kit manually and then boot the full version up??

Will that really work? I bloody hope so. Although 1.2 has been released but I don't know what it contains...

Will that really work? I bloody hope so. Although 1.2 has been released but I don't know what it contains...
Just grab any team thats not licensed, like Real Madrid kits and try patch them up in the demo
Here's a link to kits
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/e...thread-ps4-xbox-one.80779/page-2#post-3425396

Then boot up full version and see if they are updated. It would be ideal if someone with version 1.0 tested it, to see if its all linked and loving.

I didnt test it yet, i dont have full version.
Its just my mad theory but worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom