eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

The "if you don't play players they don't care" thing is such an absolute kick in the balls.

Transfers are so good and that makes it even worse. You can replace someone who's of a decent enough quality to be a star elsewhere, and they'll happily play in your reserves until they retire.

Even if they just made form arrows meaningful (and not random, why do they have to be random) and put them on a "depressed" arrow permanently, it would be something.

I was hoping the (terrible) cutscenes would add moments where a star player asks for a word about his playing time or whatever. But no - all they are is interactive versions of the "chairman messages" from previous PES games ("win the next game", "get us into the play-offs" etc.), where your input means nothing anyway.
Are at least the chairman messages realistic, or still broken, like you win 5 in a row with Livingston and the owner demands to win the Intergalactic Cup savvvvy??
IMHO If they are like 18 it is good, if they are broken like last year; the cutscenes are just wasted resources and time.

Ok well I don't know what's going on then? I've been flicking between the two versions all weekend and not once did it say version 1.02 when I went back to the downloaded update (on PS4 notification page), was always 1.01.
I've got home from work and booted it up & decided to play with the patch. Started to download & it said 1.02 & had to sign/tick 3 privacy agreements pages on loading the game which hasn't happened once since I've had it?

Maybe I'm having a senior moment:COAT:

We were chatting in Skype with friends, I make a short video to explain about new R2 and some maybe new advanced tricks? I wanna share it with you too :
You holding R2 without any direction, and when your players start to make this over the ball jumping or living the ball behind animation, you press opposite direction with Left stick/Dpad! You need good timing, the easiest one is just holding R2 + opposite of ball direction, but that is cooler and more advanced looking.

Anyone else tried importing teams edited on the demo into the full game. Doesn't work for me; seems like I've wasted bucket loads of hours doing that!

Ok well I don't know what's going on then? I've been flicking between the two versions all weekend and not once did it say version 1.02 when I went back to the downloaded update (on PS4 notification page), was always 1.01.
I've got home from work and booted it up & decided to play with the patch. Started to download & it said 1.02 & had to sign/tick 3 privacy agreements pages on loading the game which hasn't happened once since I've had it?

It's all a little bit confusing but I think the conclusion is pretty easy: KONAMI already released the day one updates last week and I think that version 1.02 and 1.01 are included in one version. So you can only play with 1.0 or 1.02 (only a guess). The privacy agreements pages are a forecast because the servers will be online tonight but there were no new update.

My version has always been 1.02.

It just goes to show that sometimes we look for stuff that is or isn’t there because we’re aware of a patch.

Some serious placebo going on now. It’s why I emphasise this: if you don’t own the game, don’t let opinions in here be the deciding factor whether you get the game or not.

Play it yourself, form your own opinion. People have said it’s faster, it’s slower, it’s easier, it’s harder etc. It’s getting silly now.

Just fired up the pes 2021 demo.
Good news is fouls are back in.
But only in version 1.0.1.3 and providing you hold both triggers without letting go for the first fifteen minutes of each game.
The esports crowd are happy.

Anyone else tried importing teams edited on the demo into the full game. Doesn't work for me; seems like I've wasted bucket loads of hours doing that!
Are you on ps4? Xbox?
Getting any error?
I have usb ready and Im planning to edit few in the demo tonight. Tomorrow ill be getting the disc.

Just fired up the pes 2021 demo.
Good news is fouls are back in.
But only in version 1.0.1.3 and providing you hold both triggers without letting go for the first fifteen minutes of each game.
The esports crowd are happy.

Can you send me the lottery numbers for this week please. Thanks.

The privacy agreements have only just appeared because the servers for online play have been switched on (but will be up and down before 10pm, when they officially go live). Nothing to do with the update.

Also, I might be wrong but I don't think the version in the notification bar matches the version on the start screen.

I think this just shows how powerful @Placebo is. And it's not just him, it's the settings we play on, the teams we use etc... A lot of my AI issues (deep defending) are because in the league I'm playing in (Ligue 2) a lot of teams have the deep defending advanced instruction.

The only thing I can say with certainty that's changed is that - in every version (including 1.0) - there are less fouls. That's an easy one to prove, because I can finish a demo match (on tiny match lengths) with four AI fouls, whereas on the retail version, in exhibition, on the same match length, using the same teams, it's always zero.

What I'm saying is, @Placebo needs to go. Sorry mate.

EDIT: What @Mikhail said...

Last edited:

I had a handful of custom kits On the demo. Had no issues putting them in full game (PS4 btw)

Had to export onto usb from demo, then import into full game.

One thing I noticed, it didn’t give me the option to choose which team to overwrite. Hopefully that doesn’t cause headaches if people pick downloads from different sources

And am I wrong to say there's an update/patch on the 12th as well?
Kits etc!
Or am I just like @Goldstone having a senior moment?
It should be 1.1 right?
The only thing arriving on the 12th is the Live Update, as far as I know, which fixes all the transfers etc. - no word on when the other content (missing licensed content) arrives, such as Italy's Serie B, right?

On pc you have mods and file sharing option. Best platform for this. Many people have the physical copy.
Yeah our own @incas36 already made something incredible with poor 2019 last year. I'm worried about the patches but also very confident that he and the other guys playing with the d18 file could turn this already good base in something truly outstanding.

The only thing arriving on the 12th is the Live Update, as far as I know, which fixes all the transfers etc. - no word on when the other content (missing licensed content) arrives, such as Italy's Serie B, right?
I thought that was arriving on the 12th?
So just live update then?

Transfers are much improved which I'm loving. Especially when I was messing about with Man Utd and De Paul turned me down because he didn't think he'd get enough playing time in his favourite position.

However there are a few things needed to make it that bit better for me;

Transfer Intelligence - On one save Liverpool bought Neuer. I don't have a problem with this as at least it's Liverpool and not Neuer to Burnley but why would Liverpool buy him when they have one of the best keepers already in Alisson and he's only 27 years old? Clubs should have the intelligence to buy for positions where they actually need players.

Release Fees - I'm not against release fees but they're far too prevalent. So many times I've seen a player demand a release fee equal to his value and say it's non negotiable to have a release fee if you try and turn it off. For most players you have to pay more than the value so agreeing to these is risking losing the player for less than you've just paid.

Negotiations - Get rid of those stupid bars and let me choose the actual price and wages manually. Ridiculous this is still in a football game in 2019.

Timing - As I said previous, it's 2019 so why does it take 3-4 days for clubs and players to respond like they're using Royal Mail to negotiate? It can take up to 2-3 weeks to sign somebody if you're going back and forth negotiating the price when it could just all be done in one go like FIFA. They also need to get rid of the delay before you can bid again if a bid is outright rejected.

Transfer deadline day - Reduce how long things take. It shouldn't take 2 hours of deadline day to accept a bid for one of your own players. I'd set it at zero hours for accepting a bid, 1 hour for making a bid and 2 hours for actually signing the player. I'm sometimes stuck with players I wanted to sell as I had to use up the hours making last min bids and buys.

If they can add that to the work they've done this year then transfers would be amazing.

I had a handful of custom kits On the demo. Had no issues putting them in full game (PS4 btw)

Had to export onto usb from demo, then import into full game.

One thing I noticed, it didn’t give me the option to choose which team to overwrite. Hopefully that doesn’t cause headaches if people pick downloads from different sources

Would love to know if this worked for anyone else, too?

Would love to know if this worked for anyone else, too?
He did import them into patched game tho.

I was hoping it will work differently. That demo itself will create some sort of an Edit file, which will be just loaded up into full version (or we will be able to load it, same as user settings)
I'll give it a go and see does it work with 1.0.

release date is tomorrow though, so how can you be annoyed

Because I quite clearly stated it had been posted days ago by them but due to Royal Mail it hasn't showed up. Had the game before release ever year as far back as I can remember. Just very frustrating that is all

Sorry for using Twitter for the videos, but the upload from PS4 sucks.

Another example of CPU fouls. Steven davis with 2 yellow cards in a tight old firm game, love it.

Check out @ShootoUK’s Tweet:

Downloaded version 1.2 and have spent the afternoon playing it..

Hate it..The ball physics change..The ball is bigger and slower but behaves like it’s full of helium(the physics look off)It’s a bit like fifa.Passing even on pa0 feels much more guided and flat..Kills the freedom and feels on rails.

The players feel like there wrapped in cotton wall and floaty..The physicality system is butchered..

It’s weird..even the AI isn’t the same and there’s certainly less fouls then version 1.0.

Player speed is nerfed.Defenders catch fast forwards quicker and sprint speed is slowed...It’s just easy to ping pong and pass.All the craft to passing just vanishes and it’s hyper quick.

It’s super responsive but kills the gameplay and feel/timing.Back to Version 1.0..even tryed some kit edits but the negation to the gameplay doesn’t warrant it imo..

I bet Konami release another print as physical copy with version 2 to as default..Just to spite us and because they want the evidence of how good version 1.0 is assigned to history.

Grab version 1.0 while you can lads!..It’s the promised land..

Konami just don’t know when they’ve got something good..Talk about pandering to quick fast reactive gameplay and killing a masterpiece imo..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom