eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Are the patched ones this deep disaster? Even considering Konami's behaviour I'm a bit skeptic the situation is really this level of grimdark lol. I can believe there are less fouls but for the rest I don't really see a different game from the videos around.
Personally I don't see a huge difference, other than the lack of fouls (which can't be due to my play-style, which I've seen used as the excuse, because why would I be fouled in the demo but not now, using the same settings).

But v1 doesn't have fouls either, and the guys who are sure v1 is substantially different from v1.02 seem absolutely certain, so maybe it's too subtle for me!

It seems to me people are frenetically judging the game without having played it properly. I imagine it'd take at least a week or a month with some solid playing hours before you actually get to know the game inside out. Yet, people are all over it! How much in a rush are you?

There very different..Good news is version 1.0 is the demo code or build(with polish).

History will not be kind..The differences are clear as day..Must of put 200 plus hours in on the demo and most of the weekend on version 1.0..

So glad I can revert back even if having no option file is a big negative..

But you can always reverse it to 1.0 providing you have the disc. Only digital copy will be installed up to date.
Now the problem is - seems that we cant import kits on vanilla. Trying to work around editing demo, maybe finding some edit file that we could just load up to full version?

There is plenty of smart people here, so I have an idea

No fam.
I'm on PC and digital download won't give us that option.
We may have many other luxuries but not that one in particular.

We were chatting in Skype with friends, I make a short video to explain about new R2 and some maybe new advanced tricks? I wanna share it with you too :
You holding R2 without any direction, and when your players start to make this over the ball jumping or living the ball behind animation, you press opposite direction with Left stick/Dpad! You need good timing, the easiest one is just holding R2 + opposite of ball direction, but that is cooler and more advanced looking.

That's with auto feint off, yeah?

But on Steam you can access earlier branches, right? Or something like this? I saw someone post a guide to it in the PC thread the other day, and with it being on the home of modding, I'm sure someone could find a way (but this is off-topic here).

Was me.
Yeah, there's a way to do it. But everything depends on if there're diferent depots for each PES version on Steam depository. And i think the first depot will be already an updated PES version.

Man, seriously, if you dont have anything valuable to add to discussion - just stop talking. You poking your head out every day just to mock people. Im getting a little bit sick of you.
Someone does not even read the official notes in update history.
"Several Changes that improve the gameplay experience were made , visit www...."

Calm down dude, some people enjoy just being controversial for the sake of it. Don't boil your blood. :COP:

No fam.
In that case im sure our modding magicians will be able to save you there if required. Fear not.
. I imagine it'd take at least a week or a month with some solid playing hours before you actually get to know the game inside out
Thats true, definetely.
But things like randomness, ball freedom, general 'feel' to it - things like that are noticable straight away. And a lot of people are simply considering their options here. Its not panic mode here, its simply weighing stuff out. Everyone, as far as I can see, agree that even patched version is way better than pes19.
After that its just a matter of perception. Im delighted the we have much better choices this year than last. Its all good

But on Steam you can access earlier branches, right? Or something like this? I saw someone post a guide to it in the PC thread the other day, and with it being on the home of modding, I'm sure someone could find a way (but this is off-topic here).

No, I mean we're still unsure what Steam will download.
There's a good chance that it will download V1.02 from the get-go.

Last edited:
Was me.
Yeah, there's a way to do it. But everything depends on if there're diferent depots for each PES version on Steam depository. And i think the first depot will be already an updated PES version.
No, I mean we're still unsure what Steam will download.
There's a good chance that it download V1.02 from the get-go.
Damn. That's really bad. The v1 EXE exists somewhere though, right? I've no idea how you'd get hold of it but...... okay maybe it can't be done. That's shocking if so. :(

Guys. Since I checked this forum last night my gas production had increased (1.01). As we near official release, I noticed this was worsening (1.02). I just want to thank @bromi for his advice which allows me now to play the demo and satisfy that PES itch. You'll be pleased to know my gas output is now 1.0.

Well, it depends on whether they publish a branch with the 1.0 version or not.
If the dayone version is 1.0.2 (or whatever) we're pretty much screwed. Unless they maybe had someone try a sort of beta and it has been made available on Steam? Unlikely, but one can always hope.

No fam.
I think @amartingil implemented the demo dt18 to the full version, so if it is possible this year, you PC guys can revert technically to 1.0 ver.
We the console race, cannot define our fate, without a physical c opy, a switched off internet and some fast fingers.

I think @amartingil implemented the demo dt18 to the full version, so if it is possible this year, you PC guys can revert technically to 1.0 ver.
Well, usually it's something about the exe though. Not sure it's only a matter of dt18 unfortunately.
I'll say now what I said about PES 2015: I will wai and try the full game before judging it.
PES 2015, even with its shortcomings, blew me away... Even if many people were bashing it for being a PS3 port (I still remember several people in here angry as Hell 'cause it was not a PS4 port).

We the console race, cannot define our fate, without a physical c opy, a switched off internet and some fast fingers.

No, that never happened unfortunately, buddy.
I know because I always agreed with him about PES 2019 Demo being considerably better than the full thing.
But most of the differences aren't even in the DT18 file but hardcoded in the executable file. So while you can change and improve many gameplay aspects, the fundamentals are still within the EXE.

Sorry for the PC OT.

No, that never happened unfortunately, buddy.
I know because I always agreed with him about PES 2019 Demo being considerably better than the full thing.
But most of the differences aren't even in the DT18 file but hardcoded in the executable file. So while you can change and improve many gameplay aspects, the fundamentals are still within the EXE.

Sorry for the PC OT.
Ah ok sorry dudes. Shoot me if you like. Don't have pc modding knowledge after pes2017. Just seemed crazy idea and i expressed it.. :CRY::FISH:

I went from 1.00 to 1.01. Moving in that direction, the difference is noticeable and significant.
It may even be measurable in that the ball simply sticks closer to players with the patch.
I'd describe it as the difference between pes 6 and we10. Or pes 3 and we7. Subtle but significant.

To suggest its placebo is misguided. There was never any suggestion on the part of konami that 1.00 would be better than 1.01, quite the opposite. There was little benefit in believing 1.00 would be better than 1.01 and no incentive whatsoever either, in that you would forgoe options files, possible stadium additions. In fact, within the world of pes, it's a bloody disaster to have fallen for 1.00.
I hope the next patch reverts to 1.00 gameplay so I can option file the thing.

In terms of playing, one lesson I've had to learn is to wait...each time I pass the ball on and really look for how players are moving. I still get tempted into the kind of "chaining together" style gameplay of previous pes games. Here, every phase of play requires a kind of reset, to reassess play again before deciding what to do.
Its led to me scoring some incredible goals that could've come straight off match of the day.
That and moving down to top player. It's a bit easy at times but it gives me the room to adjust to the game style. I still get beaten regularly.

In terms of playing, one lesson I've had to learn is to wait...each time I pass the ball on and really look for how players are moving.

Not going to start a PA1 Vs PA0 circus,but that's how you (I) play when on PA0.
With patience.
Sounds like good news to me being a PA0 player
Again,not starting any beef with the PA1rs

Back
Top Bottom