eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Want to buy PES again, after a lot of years FIFA. Very excited about the ML.

Can someone tell me how the youth academy works? Are youth players ONLY retired players? So C. Ronaldo 16 years old, Mandzukic, 16 years old. Just like that, included their faces?

What tactics are the opposition teams using?

Asking because that’s the first thing I’m going to check when I get the game. I don’t want every team set up with ‘deep defensive line’ when that absolutely isn’t the case.

More teams should be set up using fluid formation by default. Barcelona, for example, I'll be giving something mad like this.
Ah. Yeah. Good shout, it turns out...

Just had a look through Ligue 2. The majority of teams use a 4-5-1, with a couple of 5-3-2s and 4-4-2s in there - and about 35%-40% have "deep defensive line" set. What a pain in the arse.

I've also just realised that a lot of players, in terms of their attributes, are identical... Jesus Christ. No wonder games feel samey.

At least randomise them a bit if you can't research them.

Anybody with the game who's waiting for servers to go live so you can play online - they've just announced through the internal "game news" thing that they're being officially turned on at 10pm UK time tonight.

They also state you might be able to play a few games before then, but that you might find your team / stats are wiped at 10pm!

League mode still there, pal.
From what im seeing and reading - top player for us at the beginning and see if we can manage on manual.

I'll also be majiging all the tactics for teams. I'll remove all Swarm the Box and Deep Defensive lines and will change all the good teams to frontline aggressive pressure, leaving only weeker ones on All out Defense. Will see how that goes.
Phew!
I'll be doing the same ,but I bet the update coming in on the 12th will ruin that right?
Will probably start a test ML and see anyway

Want to buy PES again, after a lot of years FIFA. Very excited about the ML.

Can someone tell me how the youth academy works? Are youth players ONLY retired players? So C. Ronaldo 16 years old, Mandzukic, 16 years old. Just like that, included their faces?
Not the first year,after that it's regens (not sure if it's all of them)

Someone gave us a tip that you can edit the "old boys" players who are about to retire.
Could be a workaround

Not the first year,after that it's regens (not sure if it's all of them)

Someone gave us a tip that you can edit the "old boys" players who are about to retire.
Could be a workaround

Thanks!

What kind of players do you have the first year in the youth academy? Or is the youth academy available from season 2?

A lot of questions haha, sorry man. Long time a go that i've played PES..

Thanks!

What kind of players do you have the first year in the youth academy? Or is the youth academy available from season 2?

A lot of questions haha, sorry man. Long time a go that i've played PES..
Good question,im DL the game right now,won't be able to play until midnight tonight!
But I guess it's the same players that were in the past 8-10 years.
60-67 ovr,I usually sign a few if those,never regens,that's @Emroth thing

I was messing around looking at settings and set the Master League starting transfer budget to small – £2.2m.
Then I restarted and set it to large – £94.5m! With the default players! Ludicrous.

Has anyone started a ML with a big team, say a Juventus - What sort of transfer budget do you get?

Good question,im DL the game right now,won't be able to play until midnight tonight!
But I guess it's the same players that were in the past 8-10 years.
60-67 ovr,I usually sign a few if those,never regens,that's @Emroth thing

Oke, thanks!

I don't like the retired players in your youth academy, they should change that.

You don't sign them too?

Ah. Yeah. Good shout, it turns out...

Just had a look through Ligue 2. The majority of teams use a 4-5-1, with a couple of 5-3-2s and 4-4-2s in there - and about 35%-40% have "deep defensive line" set. What a pain in the arse.

I've also just realised that a lot of players, in terms of their attributes, are identical... Jesus Christ. No wonder games feel samey.

At least randomise them a bit if you can't research them.
I just quickly booted up Football Manager to have a look at Ligue 2 teams and only one team in the whole league uses 5 defenders.

Yeah, Mr Rock almost made the heist of a lifetime!

I just DL PES from my Swedish Xbox store,and I'm not allowed to play it until midnight tonight.
But what if I set my Xbox to New Zealand time,and my region to New Zealand?
giphy (4).gif

Well that didn't work.
But,if I had bought it from the New Zealand store, release date 9/9 2019 (my time) I'd pull it off!
So close!

Any confirmation it's out in New Zealand /Australia?
@aussiepesfan @Lami @MafiaMurderBag (I think) ?

Just had a game where I managed to play almost the entire game in the opponents half by experimenting and switching to the highest attach level. It really was amazing, and feel like more top level/bottom level games need to be like that.

I don't know if my attack level caused the AI to adjust accordingly or not, but I hadn't seen it up until this point. Finished with 70% possession and only won 2 - 0.

Would like to be able to achieve a similar level of dominance without switching to top level attack (which by default sends another player up front, pushes wingers further forward and brings keeper up for corners towards the end).

Back
Top Bottom