eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

This is frustrating, and also - I've started setting grass length to "short" to make the ball a bit more lively, and I really like it, but you can only do this in your home matches.

What the fuck is it, seriously, with Konami locking things? (Let me rant for a minute.)

You can't assign certain stadiums to teams because they're region-locked. You can't change grass length when you play away, it's locked. You can't use Legend mode until you win on Superstar five times. Why lock it away?

You can't change what stadium cup games are held in on-the-fly, or edit this into the "competition rules" so that it's never a neutral venue again during the initital stages. You can't edit the African club team (Pleasure Horn), they're hidden. Edit mode hasn't changed, other than being able to edit the sponsors that appear on boards behind you in the dreadful cut-scenes and any news item images.

What is this obsession with locking stuff away?

Just to say on PS4 you can assign any stadium to any team regardless of region by changing a single byte hex wise in the .ted files then importing them I did this on pes 2017/18/19 so you can assign a brazilian stadium to Barnsley for example

posted for pes 2017 a while back

ALTERNATE VERY EASY WAY TO ASSIGN SOUTH AMERICAN STADIUMS TO EUROPEAN TEAMS WORKS FOR ALL MODES WITH NET SHAPE EDITS/COLOURS, ASSIGN STADIUM NAME ALSO WORKING

SMcCutcheon I hope you dont mind me posting this here it might help us use all stadiums of pes 2018 ps4 version and adds more variety to stadiums in master league mode

ok found a much easier way with no PC version needed ..go in to your editmode on PS4 select a european team who you want to assign a south american stadium to change their home stadium to KONAMI stadium and edit the stadium name,net shape net pattern and net colour to what ever you want then export that team to USB note that stadium perimeter and seat colour cannot be edited

decrypt the bin then open with hex editor look for the id number 1D near the top this is the KONAMI stadium ID that you want to change to a south american stadium ID.Then save the bin file encrypt import back to ps4

HEXEDIT.png

here are the ID you can use you may lose kit edits and badges but that takes a couple of minutes to redo also if you enter stadium edit menu the stadium will reset and you lose your edit

Allianz Parque ID - 21
Alberto Armando Boca ID - 1C
Estádio Beira-Rio ID - 24
Corinthians Arena ID - 23
Maracanã Stadium ID - 18
Mineirão Stadium ID - 22
Estadio el Monumental ID -1B
Morumbi ID - 0E
Saitama stadium ID - 17
Estádio Urbano Caldeira ID - 10

Haha feel your angst mate, I've been this way with PES for years, but I totally understand the grass thing....
its to simulate you being able to manipulate the turf length in HOME matches to suit how you play, if Man City are visiting, you might let the grass grow and keep it longer so their quick passing and moving game isn't so sharp.

You can't change it for AWAY games, as you cant really turn up with your Flymo at the Emirates and start cutting another teams grass can you. lol.

Irrelevant anyway as I highly doubt the grass length has any impact whatsoever, its purely cosmetic.

Klopp would love to be able to set the grass length for away games against the likes of Burnley, West Brom etc I'm sure. :D

It's a tough one... makes sense that you can only decide the grass length for home games in a practical sense, but maybe an option to unlock this and various other options at the start of Master League? If you're allowed to start with £3bn in the bank, why not this too? :D

Btw does the AI home team ever change the grass length? Or is it always normal?

You can't change it for AWAY games, as you cant really turn up with your Flymo at the Emirates and start cutting another teams grass can you. lol.
Klopp would love to be able to set the grass length for away games against the likes of Burnley, West Brom etc I'm sure. :D
Of course I understand that's the theory but you're not really selecting "cut the grass", you're selecting to speed up / slow down gameplay a tiny bit, by slightly altering ball physics.

It's like a "slider-lite". I want to make the ball move a little bit quicker, it's a bit too slow by default.

So at home, it moves a little bit better - and away, it doesn't...

Btw does the AI home team ever change the grass length? Or is it always normal?
Always "normal".

I don’t think goals are difficult to score or are the defences to rigid..

Egos aside I think this game is designed to be this way..Being hard to break down defences and get in behind a team.

Bare in mind 3 months from now when people have had extensive play time and are really good at the game..

Personally I think there’s a massive learning curve..Things and ways of scoring that I haven’t tapped into yet..There’s a lot of learning to be done.

Reminds me so much of early pes on the ps2 and how hard it was for the first few weeks to score and break teams down.

I say this without hesitation but for me football games had become to easy and simplistic..Goals have been to easy to come by and defences to easy to bypass..

I now know after a weekend with this years game why I had become more and more bored of football games..

I feel rejuvenated again..There’s a challenge and something to get my teeth into..That asks more questions then it gives simple answers!

I also think we’ve been conditioned by ten years of football games that are very simplistic to play...and very easy to score..

You moved on to fully updated version now right?

These are similar thoughts to what I have. I think (and hope) the reason its a struggle at the moment is because of the learning curve has now been reset. The AI is smarter, stronger and at the moment you have to fight for ever single inch - if you beat a man, then if your next move isn't perfect the AI will recover.

The demo was different because it has a 'bounce' to it, where you could play this really nice free flowing football and the AI would play it back. It's a shame we are losing this because it's really fun to play, and if i'm going to jump into a game then I think i'd much rather than that the what I described yesterday as a 'chore'.

On the other side of the coin - if i'm playing a 50 game per season ML then do I really want it to be so effortless? This is a brand new game and I should expect to have to work and learn in order to be good at it otherwise I may as well just load up last years version.

It's a tricky situation and either way people won't be happy - I don't even know which I prefer yet. I demo gameplay is pure addiction, but at the same time I want a ML that feels like i'm achieving something, even if i'm picking the strongest teams in the game.

It can easily be fixed if Konami stop being dicks and open the game up a bit - give us sliders, or gameplay toggles, or just let us choose which version we want to play! They've created two different feeling games with what I assume (although have no idea) little change on the back end - open it up a bit and you keep more people happy!

My biggest worry, as mentioned yesterday, is that the conflicting fan feedback is going to lead to an option C that is way off the mark and we've only just moaned ourselves from a good game to a bad game.

So here's a mad idea.. it might be a completely stupid idea, nonetheless ill share it with you.
Along with the demo they gave us edit mode. Apparently (coz I didnt test it myself) you could edit stuff. It was made with Option Files in mind, so creators could test the shit out of it.
Also, there were talks all edited stuff will be transferred to a full game.

So... Could you not edit teams in the demo, import all the images and then play with them on Vanilla 1.0?

I made a decision I wont bother with keeping it offline and wont even play 1.0 in order not to be confused, but for all those who'd like to keep it on vanilla... would that not work?

Ps. If its most *****ic thing you read here last few days - forgive me and carry on. :LOL:

No, this is actually a great idea, at least for people who install minimalist option files (just the kits/emblems for existing teams). And I was able to import images by themselves, so in theory almost everything else can be done too, but it would be a giant pain and probably not worth it.

It all depends on the edit data save file from the demo being compatible with the full game.

Konami (and EA!) need to stop listening to feedback from the masses and stick to their vision of what they think makes a good football game.

Social Media doesn’t help us in fact it does quite the opposite. Unless you’re a faces obsessed, myClub grinder.

Just to say on PS4 you can assign any stadium to any team regardless of region by changing a single byte hex wise in the .ted files then importing them I did this on pes 2017/18/19 so you can assign a brazilian stadium to Barnsley for example

Thx mate! Is there a way you don't have to do this team by team? Thx anyway!!

Hi mates, I've made a video compilating some brilliant moments playing what I consider the best football game I've played ever: PES 2020 demo.:WORSHIP:

Its a collection of goals, skills and details that demo has gifted me and make me amazed with his posibilities of this incredible virtual representation of football.

I hope this feeling was only a pice of the cake for what it coming in final game.
Then.. enjoy it!!:WASTED:

great vid

I didn't know that - fantastic tip. Bloody hell, the workarounds we have to find (but thank God they're there).

The one downside is that every stadium now features a flag of the country it's supposed to be in, or so I've read. So Barnsley in their Brazilian stadium would have a Brazil flag in the crowd.

But I mean, Barnsley are the Brazil of the north, so that's fine. :D (It really doesn't matter to me - but the stupid "BELIEVE" banners we can't get rid of are way more annoying.)

You moved on to fully updated version now right?

These are similar thoughts to what I have. I think (and hope) the reason its a struggle at the moment is because of the learning curve has now been reset. The AI is smarter, stronger and at the moment you have to fight for ever single inch - if you beat a man, then if your next move isn't perfect the AI will recover.

The demo was different because it has a 'bounce' to it, where you could play this really nice free flowing football and the AI would play it back. It's a shame we are losing this because it's really fun to play, and if i'm going to jump into a game then I think i'd much rather than that the what I described yesterday as a 'chore'.

On the other side of the coin - if i'm playing a 50 game per season ML then do I really want it to be so effortless? This is a brand new game and I should expect to have to work and learn in order to be good at it otherwise I may as well just load up last years version.

It's a tricky situation and either way people won't be happy - I don't even know which I prefer yet. I demo gameplay is pure addiction, but at the same time I want a ML that feels like i'm achieving something, even if i'm picking the strongest teams in the game.

It can easily be fixed if Konami stop being ****s and open the game up a bit - give us sliders, or gameplay toggles, or just let us choose which version we want to play! They've created two different feeling games with what I assume (although have no idea) little change on the back end - open it up a bit and you keep more people happy!

My biggest worry, as mentioned yesterday, is that the conflicting fan feedback is going to lead to an option C that is way off the mark and we've only just moaned ourselves from a good game to a bad game.

Not yet..Version 1.0...Just retains everything. I loved about the demo..

There’s definitely less fouls in version 1.0 then the demo...The more questionable ones
Imo.

It’s a funny one because preferably I would like the none related gameplay stuff from updates.

It’s just the way version 1.0 plays.The balance just feels right for me..

This year more then other year is going to drive people nuts..I can only imagine the flip flipping some will be doing between builds..

The only solution and a fair one is to give people the choice of what build they play..

I think it would be unfair to say what build is better and I guess it all boils down to personal taste..Whatever version people settle on it’s still a very deep and arresting game..It’s just whether you prefer the fundamentals to be a bit more loose.

The AI in my opinion is head and shoulders better then the demo.Longer matches make a huge difference and it’s not lightning fast arcade gameplay..It’s slow methodical..prodding and probing for openings..Half chances that can open the game up and all the end to end stuff and drama..Superstar is also a lot more challenging then the demo.Its speed chess.

Last edited:
Wont quote any post in particular and im also guilty of it on a previous post, but you have to feel for Barnsley being used as the 'comparison' to everything shit in PES and why things should be shit :D Excuse the language.

Its like we all hold a grudge deep in our memories against Barnsley.

Hi mates, I've made a video compilating some brilliant moments playing what I consider the best football game I've played ever: PES 2020 demo.:WORSHIP:

Its a collection of goals, skills and details that demo has gifted me and make me amazed with his posibilities of this incredible virtual representation of football.

I hope this feeling was only a piece of the cake for what it coming in final game.
Then.. enjoy it!!:WASTED:

Awesome compilation. Sums up perfectly what makes the demo such a masterpiece.

Just had a great ML game with Man City vs Spurs. Battled for everything, as mentioned above, every wrong move the AI won the ball and it was my job to win it back. Dominated possession, had more chances but couldn't handle Harry Kane and finished 1 - 1. You have to work for it, and think about every move you make and I love that about it.

Also, fixed transfer values add a huge load to ML. Wanted to sign Harry Kane but it would have taken nearly £200m! In 2019, I probably would have found a way to get a front three of Kane, Mbappe and Neymar all in the first window.

You have to work for it, and think about every move you make and I love that about it.
I love that too.

But it's one thing having a few (or even most) games like that - it's another playing as two terrible teams in a terrible league, and there being no defensive mistakes, the line never breaking, etc...

It feels like an achievement when you finally score, and I'm absolutely not asking (or wishing) for a goalfest of a game. But in terms of realism - and variety (i.e. having to break down an entire perfectly-defensively-positioned team to score, every damn game)... I don't think it's right.

But this is on Superstar - because Top Player's way too easy for me (perhaps because the AI suffers more with poor teams, as opposed to me being great, because I'm definitely not). So I'll have to experiment some more.

Just had a great ML game with Man City vs Spurs. Battled for everything, as mentioned above, every wrong move the AI won the ball and it was my job to win it back. Dominated possession, had more chances but couldn't handle Harry Kane and finished 1 - 1. You have to work for it, and think about every move you make and I love that about it.

Also, fixed transfer values add a huge load to ML. Wanted to sign Harry Kane but it would have taken nearly £200m! In 2019, I probably would have found a way to get a front three of Kane, Mbappe and Neymar all in the first window.
What difficulty mate?

The thing is you do get those moments where the line is broken and your easily in behind the back line..It’s seeing those split second moments..Those small movements..

You also get the gaps and space and when the opposition is stretched..I’ve also had plenty of situations where I’ve countered and had strikers one on one with the keeper through a perfectly weighted ground pass or lofted pass..

The variation is all there it’s not just about a opposition that’s always got Everyman behind the ball..

Patience is the key and probing.Retaining the ball and trying to stretch the opposition and create space yourself(this creates the angle to play the ball into and movement for your players).Everything else just happens and feels so organic..It’s smart football for the thinking man.

Neither game has ever replicated this so well imo..There’s even moments like real life where you or the opposition have everyone behind the ball and a tiny pocket of space or time can create quick goals in or outside of the box.You get the split second wonder strike moments where a defenders slightly turned...Plus and it’s a big plus the moments from deflections and bad touch..

Last edited:
People are loving Barnsley that's for sure even me comparing them and Milan on the FIFA thread.
Grass length,I wouldn't want to be able to change height on away games,that's their stadium right?

Would I be able to have the option in edit mode yes!
Would I want to be able to play as Barnsley on Maracana yes!
I think the regional lock are a stupid thing,just like me trying to watch a clip on twitter from BBC sport,but I'm "in the wrong region"
Fucking unbelievable.

Would I like to be able to chose if I'd get sacked or not on FIFA?
Yes!
"But it's not realistic" fuck you I paid for the game,and as long as the CPU ai/game AI is as smart as a pair of shorts,then yes,I'd fucking like to customise my own game(which I paid for).
We should be able to customise whatever we want,to be able to have options.
I'm glad Pes actually has options that matter (minus the region thing on stadiums) like setting how many games you'll get suspended for a straight red (tackle from behind) in a game.
I always want it to be 3 ,some other leagues has one game suspension.
How many yellow cards will have you suspended?
How a tie in the table is sorted?
(Different rules for different countries)
How s play off is setup.
Pes has a lot of those options,should be more,should be on all things.
But at least we all these

So played about 3 games pre and post patch. I much prefer post patch. The ai is just miles better.

Pre patch is essentially attack vs defense for the whole game and the defense is awful. I can take the mick out of defenders without thinking.

Hey guys, Hope you all had a good weekend and those that received the game have been enjoying it.
Got my copy Saturday morning, busy weekend but have managed about 15 matches, just friendlies, playing 6 minute halves, on Top Player with custom Stadium cam, Zoom: 7, Height : 0, Angle: 8

My early initial impressions are very good. As someone who hated PES 19, and the abysmal AI, its much improved.
First off to address the two main points, I don't feel pace has been upped, but responsiveness has which can seem like the game is quicker.
I also found the pace/responsiveness varies between teams, playing a Brazilian league match, or even English Div 2 match seems slower paced than a Premier league or La Liga match.
Also fouls, they have been toned down from the demo for sure, you dont get a lot of the little nudge and bump fouls from the demo, which did get infuriating at times, but I've had no trouble drawing fouls from the COM by dribbling, R2 close control dribbling, using the shield and dash mechanic etc, by nature, the less time you spend with the ball, the less opportunity you have of being fouled, ie playing a quick pass and move game will yield less fouls than if you dribble a lot.

Overall think the game looks and feels fantastic, some of the realistic moves you can piece together look and feel sublime, just hope it all holds together within ML mode.

A few goals from my first session on the game.

Which camera and what settings is the bottom vid? It's spot on

Ignore me, I've just read your post fully. I'll give it a go

But it's one thing having a few (or even most) games like that - it's another playing as two terrible teams in a terrible league, and there being no defensive mistakes, the line never breaking, etc...
What tactics are the opposition teams using?

Asking because that’s the first thing I’m going to check when I get the game. I don’t want every team set up with ‘deep defensive line’ when that absolutely isn’t the case.

More teams should be set up using fluid formation by default. Barcelona, for example, I'll be giving something mad like this.
upload_2019-9-9_13-8-6.png

If you're struggling to get round the back using quick 1 2s and the manual override button is effective on the edge of the area. You can really put some smart moves together

Hey forgot to ask (not sure if it's been asked)
League mode?
Still in or has it been removed?
Saw some rumours it's gone

And it's DL...
View attachment 19385
League mode still there, pal.
From what im seeing and reading - top player for us at the beginning and see if we can manage on manual.

I'll also be majiging all the tactics for teams. I'll remove all Swarm the Box and Deep Defensive lines and will change all the good teams to frontline aggressive pressure, leaving only weeker ones on All out Defense. Will see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom