eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

for all those that have the full game, have you tried reducing the passing stats to a minimum on modric for example and verify if the stats really work or are they overidden with the player cards/styles

Game shipped and hopefully arrives tomorrow. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Will try patchless first.

Game shipped and hopefully arrives tomorrow. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Will try patchless first.
Telling you - patch it up and see if you like it first. You might be surprised and enjoy it when you dont have anything to compare it to.

Reactions: OBH
So having played a lot of games of the full PES2020 1.1. For me headers are still hard to score, there’s a lack of power on them. As for fouls I’m disappointed, yes people complained about too many fouls in the demo but I thought they were good. You had to master the tackle. also it plays better for the ai meaning players dribbled past you more as you don’t want to give a foul away. Now all you have to do is hold the tackle button. I also felt in the demo the ball was more free.

Telling you - patch it up and see if you like it first. You might be surprised and enjoy it when you dont have anything to compare it to.
I don't know. I wanted to start patchless then try patched. Or is it better patching it, hammer it, get used to it, then try patchless?

Or is it better patching it, hammer it, get used to it, then try patchless
Thats my plan anyways. You'll lose a lot if leave unpatched. Cant import kits (apparently), all the Data Packs throughout the year.. its a lot to give up.
From what im hearing - its still a very solid game post patches, so why not try it first without knowing what you're missing out? ;)

Pre ordered it via PSN 30 minutes ago. I was under the impression it was supposed to download but its not, i have received a notification on my mobile stating the money has been deducted.
Nothing downloading by notifications tab and nothing showing up in library https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPy8vKFQQbzFf0Y/giphy.gif
Found it in the library under purchases . There is a option to download as well(downloading now ). Thought it would download automatically though.

I don't know. I wanted to start patchless then try patched. Or is it better patching it, hammer it, get used to it, then try patchless?
Yeah sorry mate that’s what I was referring to, see if the patch stuff things up if it doesn’t and is the same as demo I’ll buy it myself as well

Can you delete patches for digital version aswell or it applies only to physical copies (have a ps4 pro)
I would also like to know this. What happens if you buy a game on psn and then delete it, do you have to pay for it again if you want it in future or just download it?

I would also like to know this. What happens if you buy a game on psn and then delete it, do you have to pay for it again if you want it in future or just download it?

No. Once bought. It’s your forever, can just re-download .

What’s interesting. You can’t have a digital version and a disc version of the same game installed. The PS4 tells you to delete one or the other

Morning' folks.

What is the difference between Exhibition and Master League matches? Earlier it has been like playing two different games.
i play the post patched version (since the begining).I dont know for ML, but there is a BIG difference in Exhibition & "Cup Mode Competition" games.Even vs the same teams.In Exhibition mode is like playing vs an opponet who does not pursue
to win & even more does not care to loose.In Cup mode they totaly play with difference behavior.More agressive & when you make progress in the competition like advancing from group stage to knock out matches & they play even more agressive & you feel like the difficulty went up!

Thats my plan anyways. You'll lose a lot if leave unpatched. Cant import kits (apparently), all the Data Packs throughout the year.. its a lot to give up.
From what im hearing - its still a very solid game post patches, so why not try it first without knowing what you're missing out? ;)
Yea makes sense. If I still prefer patchless, I'll live. I'll have to do all the transfers myself like the old days. Only if the game's worth it.

Morning' folks.

What is the difference between Exhibition and Master League matches? Earlier it has been like playing two different games.

Have just played a few matches in competition mode and tbh the experience was absolutely appalling and very similar to PES 19. No time, no space, outnumbered and shrugged off the ball effortlessly with nearly every attack. Didn't manage over 3 shots in most of the games and the opposition rarely looked like scoring either. In other words a mind numbingly dull shitfest. Hope that answers your question :GSCARF:

Found it in the library under purchases . There is a option to download as well(downloading now ). Thought it would download automatically though.

please can you check what version you download i.e. is it 1.0 and then you get the option to stop an update. Thanks

Unlocked Legend difficulty over the weekend and tried a few games with it towards the end of last night... Eeek.

Certainly changes things. In my Ligue 2 ML, on Superstar I was finding that every team playing away would put ten men behind the ball - and I'm one of the worst teams in the league, so it doesn't really make sense. You'd hope the bottom five teams do it, but not all of them.

On Legend, that doesn't happen any more. Every team starts double-pressing you, tiki-taka comes back (not permanently but in short bursts), and it feels closer to 2019 in terms of the worst teams playing like the best.

I'm enjoying the game but man it's turgid. It's pass, pass, pass trying to create opportunities. I keep turning up the match length to allow more time but half my games have been 0-0. I've been beaten 3-0 once so far, in about 40 games now, and I've beaten someone 2-0 a couple of times. Every other game is 1-0, 1-1 or rarely, 2-1.

Here's what I think the big issue is:

Low scorelines are a PES thing and it's always been this way. Because, defending is way too easy, for you and for the AI - holding X and automatically winning the ball without thought. The best players don't punish you for your mistakes - because nobody is very nimble, and even with the worst defenders, hold X and you get the ball. That simple.

I disagree that the demo was purposefully made to discourage holding X all the time, because I conceded as many "non-fouls" in the perfect position as I did running in from the side/behind. Referees were just crazy.

But, the end result of that was that it did make you stop holding X, sometimes allowing the AI space - which allows them to score - and the AI would concede free kicks when they got too close, which you would score.

That resulted in a match where stuff happened.

Right now... Not much happens.

Is there a day 1 patch or is this it just available early
It's been available for the last few days and will automatically apply when you install the game.

Unlocked Legend difficulty over the weekend and tried a few games with it towards the end of last night... Eeek.

Certainly changes things. In my Ligue 2 ML, on Superstar I was finding that every team playing away would put ten men behind the ball - and I'm one of the worst teams in the league, so it doesn't really make sense. You'd hope the bottom five teams do it, but not all of them.

On Legend, that doesn't happen any more. Every team starts double-pressing you, tiki-taka comes back (not permanently but in short bursts), and it feels closer to 2019 in terms of the worst teams playing like the best.

I'm enjoying the game but man it's turgid. It's pass, pass, pass trying to create opportunities. I keep turning up the match length to allow more time but half my games have been 0-0. I've been beaten 3-0 once so far, in about 40 games now, and I've beaten someone 2-0 a couple of times. Every other game is 1-0, 1-1 or rarely, 2-1.

Here's what I think the big issue is:

Low scorelines are a PES thing and it's always been this way. Because, defending is way too easy, for you and for the AI - holding X and automatically winning the ball without thought. The best players don't punish you for your mistakes - because nobody is very nimble, and even with the worst defenders, hold X and you get the ball. That simple.

I disagree that the demo was purposefully made to discourage holding X all the time, because I conceded as many "non-fouls" in the perfect position as I did running in from the side/behind. Referees were just crazy.

But, the end result of that was that it did make you stop holding X, sometimes allowing the AI space - which allows them to score - and the AI would concede free kicks when they got too close, which you would score.

That resulted in a match where stuff happened.

Right now... Not much happens.

It's been available for the last few days and will automatically apply when you install the game.

I'll rework the fouls and physicality to be closer to the demo if Avok can release his tool for PC and if the values are still there. It was a bug agree but gave context to defending.

For those that have the full game how does the PS4 pro sound while playing? because 2019 and the 2020 demo makes my fan go to full speed a lot of the time.

Back
Top Bottom