eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Placebo doesn't apply when Konami says they've changed it in their patch notes.

Placebo applies when people imagine gameplay changes for a patch that clearly isn't gameplay related. The phantom demo 'gameplay update' on PC the other week being a great example.

Fuck knows. I wonder if they'll pretend they never said it?

Apart from the fact it wasn't phantom that's 100% accurate.

And im pretty sure there is no difference between the patches, just this knock on placebo
Placebo doesn't apply when Konami says they've changed it in their patch notes.

Placebo applies when people imagine gameplay changes for a patch that clearly isn't gameplay related. The phantom demo 'gameplay update' on PC the other week being a great example.

Precisely this. It was adjusted.
You can tell the difference within 3 or 4 passes, or even the first pass to another player and control. So, yeah, about 10 seconds.
But if you feel that it's placebo, having played both versions (I'm assuming those comments about placebo and putting two screen side by side are from people who have done just that), then fine. Good luck to you. I envy you and the time you'll have with an option file.

I disagree Nik. I am not a friend of placebo effect and yet I did notice changes in PC after the update which were corroborated by Nesa checking files and codes within PES exe.

I disagree Nik. I am not a friend of placebo effect and yet I did notice changes in PC after the update which were corroborated by Nesa checking files and codes within PES exe.
So if they released an update for the PC demo (which was making the game better, according to people in the PC thread), why the heck would KONAMI change it up again?
Guess we'll never know with KONAMI...

So if they released an update for the PC demo (which was making the game better, according to people in the PC thread), why the heck would KONAMI change it up again?
Guess we'll never know with KONAMI...

Because most of us don't even play MyClub, mate. And that's where the money is. That's only my opinion, obviously. Doesn't make it true.

Adam himself tweeted that he noticed less fouls in the full version (and having played it, it's a fact, and I don't use the word "fact" often):

(He mentions the ML not being so bad for it, but it is, trust me!)

With this in mind, and having spoken to a few people on the inside about what Konami listen to - I'm going to start a poll through the Evo-Web Twitter account, a few days after release (pointless doing it now because it's not technically out yet) - and if you want it changing back, we are going to have to make it go as viral as we can.

I'm telling you this now, so that you're ready when I tweet it out (over at @evo_web), if you want to help us get it some attention.

Whether we can get a YouTuber or something to retweet it and help us out or something, I don't know - because are those guys really going to give a shit about fouls? But let's give it a go.
Chris, maybe you can put it up somewhere on the editing section as well? Because I think a big percentage of people who are on there don't come here (and could certainly help) and vice versa.
I certainly found out about these discussion threads far later than the editing forum, so there'd be a lot of people like that.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced.
Why would they patch just the PC version for gameplay changes? There's literally no reason why.

I just tried Barcelona - Real Madrid with both teams having Klashman's tactics from PES 2019 applied. I'm going to try more teams but I had a really good game. 5 fouls committed by Barcelona and 3 fouls committed by me as Real Madrid. Midfield on both sides felt more compact as well.

:LOL: The default tactics are that bad you couldn't wait. Fair play man :)

Just played a match under demo conditions with two demo teams..

It’s a short 5 minute match..Allianz arena..Utd have the black strip and the snows heavy as are the conditions..

Will link shortly so people can see version 1.0.

Your see it’s the demo gameplay..Plus improvements..and how good the finished code is..

Because most of us don't even play MyClub, mate. And that's where the money is. That's only my opinion, obviously. Doesn't make it true.
No but if they really put out a gameplay update with it, I'm assuming they had some basis to it right? They would want feedback on that update, shouldn't that be the case? Seeing the feedback from the ping pong players, they wouldn't release 'that' kind of update on the pc, surely?

Maybe I should leave my logic at home when we're speaking about Konami. :COAT:

It’s a short 5 minute match..

Your see it’s the demo gameplay..Plus improvements..and how good the finished code is..

Are dribbling, players individuality, randomness still the same?
Can you still out run a defender or have they re-introduced catch-up by the AI?

It’s a short 5 minute match..Allianz arena..Utd have the black strip and the snows heavy as are the conditions..

If you stick with 1.0, how will you deal with the missing kits? Apparently it‘s impossible to import option files on version 1.0 :(

No but if they really put out a gameplay update with it, I'm assuming they had some basis to it right? They would want feedback on that update, shouldn't that be the case? Seeing the feedback from the ping pong players, they wouldn't release 'that' kind of update on the pc, surely?

Maybe I should leave my logic at home when we're speaking about Konami. :COAT:

Maybe they use PC as guinea pig? Since they can push updates whenever they want and get instant response from the fanbase?

I thought the same and I have no answer for that. But it happened.

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/e...scussion-thread-pc.80576/page-25#post-3420387
What if (I'm stretching with this theory, i know), the update to the pc version is actually the same as the now released 1.01 patch? Because if I remember rightly, the general consensus was that the update made the AI generally tighter. But probably because most of the people didn't play the demo much after that point (usually in the build up to release, we tend to play less of the demo to feel more of the full game), nobody noticed it. Seems plausible?

Maybe they use PC as guinea pig? Since they can push updates whenever they went and get instant response from the fanbase?
I mean, yes, but wouldn't they specifically say they wanted feedback on the new update? So people would test it more

I have a question for you guys.

When you mentioned the differences between the demo, pre patch and post patch, did you noticed them when playing with the same team on same settings (difficulty, grass length, players, tactics, etc) for both versions?

Also, fouls are VERY random. Sometimes I'll get fouled 3 or 4 times in a match. Then I'll not get fouled in the next one
I actually really like this.
I never understood the trail of thought that goes “an average game has x amount of fouls, therefore every game must have that many fouls”.

This is incredibly important to remember.

I have no idea how many people play each game mode, but assuming MyClub is the most popular, should they want a snappier, less random experience, it makes perfect business sense to do what they want.

Plus, even if this were to be the case, they aren’t wrong. They just want a different experience to most of us here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom