eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Demo conditions version 1.O..Superstar..pa0..manual shooting..

Snow drenched game..

Isn’t she a thing of beauty..Wanted to show the great balance of version 1.0...and that loose ball control and physics..

Last edited:
What if (I'm stretching with this theory, i know), the update to the pc version is actually the same as the now released 1.01 patch? Because if I remember rightly, the general consensus was that the update made the AI generally tighter. But probably because most of the people didn't play the demo much after that point (usually in the build up to release, we tend to play less of the demo to feel more of the full game), nobody noticed it. Seems plausible?
I think it's not stretched. Your opinion seems more than plausible. My doubt is if the updated pc demo is equal to full release v1 or v1.1. Tuesday I can tell

After playing Demo for a month I was 100% decided to buy PC steam version, but this "Updategate" it's killing me.

There's a way to download any game version on steam. But the problem it's this update has been launched before the game release so PC users don't know if PES 1.0.0 will exist on Steam depository.

This means that maybe, the best PES 2020 version (Demo code polished and without PS4 input lag issues) won't be accesible for anyone. Really shitty mates...
From Konami schedule:
"Depending on where you live, Data Pack 1.01 and Patch 1.01.01 may release on an earlier date."

Everyone who played the PC version of the demo instantly noticed when the fouls were toned down after the demo got updated. Also CPU players started dribbling the ball.

If you haven't played it on PC before and after said update I don't know how you can insist that they are all wrong. It went from brushing shoulders being a free kick to a barge off the ball being play on.

So is it actually possible to add real kits to version 1.0? If so, how do you do it?
I always thought it was restricted unless you you were connected to the internet which means playing with the patch?

Have you tried importing the kit images specifically instead of the .ted files.

I might be wrong but can't imagine why this wouldn't work

I have a question for you guys.

When you mentioned the differences between the demo, pre patch and post patch, did you noticed them when playing with the same team on same settings (difficulty, grass length, players, tactics, etc) for both

All settings identical for all three versions. Same teams, weather etc. Everything.

Everyone who played the PC version of the demo instantly noticed when the fouls were toned down after the demo got updated. Also CPU players started dribbling the ball.

If you haven't played it on PC before and after said update I don't know how you can insist that they are all wrong. It went from brushing shoulders being a free kick to a barge off the ball being play on.
I think it's not stretched. Your opinion seems more than plausible. My doubt is if the updated pc demo is equal to full release v1 or v1.1. Tuesday I can tell
Hmm, so now I think that it may well be the case. Seems like v1.1 more than v1 though, based on people's opinions. But I'm not going to say anything before I get the game on steam.

I had the AI really aggressively shoulder-charge me off the ball during a stream I did last night and I loved it - no foul, which is right.

They've not got an easy job, balancing this stuff. I'd love to see more fouls but I think the only way they would introduce them again is to make the referee blow for the slightest touches again.

That shouldn't be the fix. The fix should be to make the AI mistime challenges much more often - and for cards to come out more easily (two yellows for the AI in my last ten games and none for me, which takes away the tactical element of your players picking up suspensions).

But it's a very fine balancing act, it's not a simple bug fix. I have a bit of sympathy for them here.

So the update has watered down the stats and make the game more rigid/predictable to make online game more "balanced". Oh, I never expected that to happen /s. I mean seriously though, who comes to with these decisions to balance everything and make 11 clones running around the field. It kills replayability and it's not even remotely realistic or fun. Oh, let's just kill all the variety for balance. Was hoping to buy it on steam until ofcourse the update seems like it just reverted back to boring PES 19.

(two yellows for the AI in my last ten games and none for me, which takes away the tactical element of your players picking up suspensions).

But it's a very fine balancing act, it's not a simple bug fix. I have a bit of sympathy for them here.

I always used to change the settings in edit mode to make it 3 yellow cards for a 1 match ban on past editions it was the best solution but still not great except on 2019 where i hacked the shit out of the AI for scoring their 4th cut low cross goal in a row and got some nice suspensions

I always used to change the settings in edit mode to make it 3 yellow cards for a 1 match ban on past editions it was the best solution but still not great except on 2019 where i hacked the shit out of the AI for scoring their 4th cut low cross goal in a row and got some nice suspensions
That's genuinely a fantastic idea, I'll do that when starting my next ML!

I had the AI really aggressively shoulder-charge me off the ball during a stream I did last night and I loved it - no foul, which is right.

They've not got an easy job, balancing this stuff. I'd love to see more fouls but I think the only way they would introduce them again is to make the referee blow for the slightest touches again.

That shouldn't be the fix. The fix should be to make the AI mistime challenges much more often - and for cards to come out more easily (two yellows for the AI in my last ten games and none for me, which takes away the tactical element of your players picking up suspensions).

I agree 100% and having fouls given for nothing challenges it's an annoyance in itself.

But after playing FIFA with no fouls in it, I'll take a broken system that at least gives some free kicks.

So the update has watered down the stats and make the game more rigid/predictable to make online game more "balanced". Oh, I never expected that to happen /s. I mean seriously though, who comes to with these decisions to balance everything and make 11 clones running around the field. It kills replayability and it's not even remotely realistic or fun. Oh, let's just kill all the variety for balance. Was hoping to buy it on steam until ofcourse the update seems like it just reverted back to boring PES 19.
whilst I'd like more fouls, still getting some, the game certainly isn't 11 clones on the field. Weaker teams stand out and better players stand out

I think this is actually a very good point. Rather than tweaking the fouls system itself a lot, they should introduce error in the AI's tackles, which would be loads better and the actual solution. I think the foul detection system itself is decent, but the CPU tackling is where it goes wrong.
I think that's really too harsh a judgement. I've seen a lot of contradictory views here, and if you can afford the game, you really should try the game for yourself before reaching a conclusion, that's what most of the people here are saying. I think it's still a very good game compared to PES 2019 according to what people are saying, just that the expectations from the demo might not have entirely carried over the full game.

The post was a while back so I can't find it to quote it but on the subject of someone struggling to break down the defensive teams. I've been doing some testing with England vs Andorra and the first goal is just so crucial vs those defensive teams. As soon as I would get the first goal they'd open up a bit and I quickly got goal 2 and 3. Andorra just completely lost it after goal number 3 though, they let me get through time and time again and hacked me down for free kicks close to goal on 4 or 5 occasions.

It's such a struggle to get that first goal though I admit, these poorer teams are so hard to break down. Out of 3 games, I got the first goal on 2 occasions with a set piece (1 direct, 1 indirect) and the third was a long shot. Practically zero space to get in behind.

i think we are losing perspective, there does seem a reduction in fouls which is disappointing but there are fouls. PES 17 was still my favourite football game to date and some games i got 1 or zero fouls.

The AI can be beaten on top player just look at my broadcasts so not sure why people are saying its almost impossible.

Its still without a doubt for me the best football game since a long time as a full released game
Mostly lurk on forum and I just wanted to say I really appreciate your input in this thread in the midst of a lot worrying. Won't be able to until Thursday or Friday but I am looking forward to playing.

Actually I just watched a guy on twitch, vdzemedia, who also have a site where he review games..he actually said that for the first time, the full game is better than demo in his opinion, he said it's slower and more physicality..so there you are. We all see it different..he has a option file for free aswell on his site if anyone wants..PL, La liga and Eng 2nd div.

Have you tried importing the kit images specifically instead of the .ted files.

I might be wrong but can't imagine why this wouldn't work
Hi chaps,

Don’t know if my comments misplaced but I always end up with two of the same files for each team. If that’s the case, I’m sure I just select the 2nd only for every team and then it works. Been the same every year for me.

Hope that helps

Hi chaps,

Don’t know if my comments misplaced but I always end up with two of the same files for each team. If that’s the case, I’m sure I just select the 2nd only for every team and then it works. Been the same every year for me.

Hope that helps

That doesn't work. it won't let you access any import options unless you patch it.

Gotta say been playing it vanilla for the past three hours. I played Liverpool v Sheffield Utd, as id played with both of them yesterday patched. The difference I'm afraid was night and day. Post patch they hardly had a shot or did anything of note other than sit back. Pre patch they beat me 1-0. Their players where taking me on, crossing the ball and getting into dangerous positions. I had a few chances myself but couldn't convert. Right at the end Salah hits a shot that deflects off the defender up into the air and across the goal, Mane and a defender are running in and Mane gets their first and gets his head to it. Certain goal...but no the keeper has anticipated and flings himself to smother the header point blank, it was amazing. ill upload it tomorrow.

Such a shame. I knew I wasn't making things up yesterday after the patch, it felt a bit like 19, where you get locked into a rigid style of play because you are bound by the game. I didn't feel that tonight, there was lots of nice ricochets and random events, misplaced passes and touches, lots of keeping your feet through tackles (Mane and Neymar).

Bit gutted really, won't be able to put my option file in now.

[QUOTE = "Cro_Cop, post: 3425908, member: 318116"] Eigentlich habe ich gerade einen Typen beim Zucken gesehen, vdzemedia, der auch eine Seite hat, auf der er Spiele rezensiert Seiner Meinung nach besser als Demo, sagte er, es sei langsamer und körperlicher. Wir alle sehen das anders. Er hat eine kostenlose Optionsdatei auf seiner Seite, wenn jemand möchte. PL, La liga und Eng 2nd div. [/ QUOTE]

here is the man :

So here's a mad idea.. it might be a completely stupid idea, nonetheless ill share it with you.
Along with the demo they gave us edit mode. Apparently (coz I didnt test it myself) you could edit stuff. It was made with Option Files in mind, so creators could test the shit out of it.
Also, there were talks all edited stuff will be transferred to a full game.

So... Could you not edit teams in the demo, import all the images and then play with them on Vanilla 1.0?

I made a decision I wont bother with keeping it offline and wont even play 1.0 in order not to be confused, but for all those who'd like to keep it on vanilla... would that not work?

Ps. If its most idiotic thing you read here last few days - forgive me and carry on. :LOL:

I got a feeling that whoever has pre-ordered digitally on XB1 will have no option to but to play versions AFTER 1.0 (i.e. that will what the downloaded version will be).

It was better in the 360 days where you'd be given the option to update the game.

(Reason I'm thinking about this now is today is technically the last day to get this game on XB1 with a small chance that it could d/l a 1.0 which could be kept offline at 1.0 if fortunate enough - and I say "fortunate enough" because Xboxes sometimes need fresh resets when they go wrong in which case you would lose a potential 1.0 forever.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom