The Retro-PES Corner

As @Titch said before and @miguelfcp in the opening post,whatever goes before the current pes of each year is“on-topic”,at least that’s what I understand reading the post.
As for pes5-6 on win10 ,I currently have win7 but I am sure if you are annoyed from dated animations, a patch with hd and in game resolution can mask some of issues.

hello all

@rockstrongo told me to post my question in here so here I am :)

I have just bought PES 2013 on PS3 ... is there an option file that gives us 2018/19 roster, kits etc?

someone give me some good news! :)

Moving house in a couple of weeks so spent most of my weekend packing. Didn't get much game time in but when i have I've been doing my usual rotation of PES games.

What i like about the classic games is when you see a AI player dribble or maneuver a defence in an organic way a human player would, watch Peter Crouch of all people collect the ball, shot feint past one defender, anticipate the sliding tackle from Carra and knocks the ball into space for a disappointing finish. This was PES 6.

FUXVEg7.gif

P2NBFFT.gifv

Here's my first Goal of the week entrant from PES 2013. Not exactly a banger but was notable as i hadn't scored for a while and was a difficult shot on the turn but Hulk seems to love these cut inside shots.

#1 - HULK - PES 2013

WC8k2TG.gif

Then from the same game literally moments later the CPU equalise with a great goal of there own.

#2 - Barrera - PES 2013

IIo0Grm.gif

2 Goals in 6 minutes!.. And that's how it ended.

Last edited:
Moving house in a couple of weeks so spent most of my weekend packing. Didn't get much game time in but when i have I've been doing my usual rotation of PES games.
Prepare yourself for the moment you find out (several months after moving houses, of course) that you've left some games behind and that you now need to buy them again. Been there, done that. :LOL:

Prepare yourself for the moment you find out (several months after moving houses, of course) that you've left some games behind and that you now need to buy them again. Been there, done that. :LOL:
In any move I made,changed 2-3 cities and 4-5 houses the last five years,I secure my pc games especially pes games.It is the first pack I make every time.
However and unfortunately , whatever I left to my child age room ,in my parents house,back to my hometown, which I considered a safe house,got lost after some clean-up black ops my mother and my sister did.So some of my precious yugioh cards,some dragon ball cards from the first dbz tcg ,and my snes and N64 cartridges both with all my psx cds ,are all considered “missing in action”, including mario kart snes & 64 ,iss,iss64-2000,pes and PES2 psx cds.I cant find them nowhere but neither my mom nor my sis remember throwing them in the garbage or not :P :( Or storing them in packs in the basement. :/

There'll be no chance of that, my TV, consoles, PC and any type of media and gadgets are my priorty above furniture, clothes and any other belongings when moving!

In any move I made,changed 2-3 cities and 4-5 houses the last five years,I secure my pc games especially pes games.It is the first pack I make every time.
However and unfortunately , whatever I left to my child age room ,in my parents house,back to my hometown, which I considered a safe house,got lost after some clean-up black ops my mother and my sister did.So some of my precious yugioh cards,some dragon ball cards from the first dbz tcg ,and my snes and N64 cartridges both with all my psx cds ,are all considered “missing in action”, including mario kart snes & 64 ,iss,iss64-2000,pes and PES2 psx cds.I cant find them nowhere but neither my mom nor my sis remember throwing them in the garbage or not :P :( Or storing them in packs in the basement. :/

I can relate. I kept all of my retro stuff at my parents house but when they passed away, by the time i was able to get to that house my brother was responsible for the clear out and i've never been able to make contact with him since.

I wonder if he sold all my retro games and my classic Pokemon cards i had hoped would one day be valuable..

Hi all,

If anybody has any tips on running 3/5 or 6 on windows 10 I'd appreciate them. I have tried pretty much everything I could find on forums but it's still not super smooth like it should be or like I've seen on YouTube vids.
My laptop runs 2013 through to 2017 smooth and 2018 runs ok so I should be able to run 3/5 and 6 right?

Finally, I am loving this thread and 3veryones enthusiasm for the older games. I read the updates on my commute in to work every morning.

This is for PES6 (I'd assume it would work on the others)

Are you playing the original install - if so do you have kitserver installed? If you're playing a patch then it will be. Assuming you're familiar with kitserver (if not let me know and I'll be more detailed) open up the kload.cfg file inside the Kitserver folder and down near the bottom you can change the resolution like this.... this is mine, but put in whatever resolution you can run..

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 3840
dx.fullscreen.height = 2160
internal.resolution.width = 3840
internal.resolution.height = 2160

make sure you remove the #'s that are originally at the start of those lines above when you first go in the file otherwise they won't get read by kitserver.

So either use that above or replace with your own desired resolution.

Then have you tried this file http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ot8h3dvloxsgx5/enb.rar/file

Just unzip it and put it in the pes games folder (the one with the .exe) That fixed the stuttering I initially had on PES6 on windows 10.

Hopefully that'll help and if you get as high res as you can it looks great too.

This is for PES6 (I'd assume it would work on the others)

Are you playing the original install - if so do you have kitserver installed? If you're playing a patch then it will be. Assuming you're familiar with kitserver (if not let me know and I'll be more detailed) open up the kload.cfg file inside the Kitserver folder and down near the bottom you can change the resolution like this.... this is mine, but put in whatever resolution you can run..

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 3840
dx.fullscreen.height = 2160
internal.resolution.width = 3840
internal.resolution.height = 2160

make sure you remove the #'s that are originally at the start of those lines above when you first go in the file otherwise they won't get read by kitserver.

So either use that above or replace with your own desired resolution.

Then have you tried this file http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ot8h3dvloxsgx5/enb.rar/file

Just unzip it and put it in the pes games folder (the one with the .exe) That fixed the stuttering I initially had on PES6 on windows 10.

Hopefully that'll help and if you get as high res as you can it looks great too.

Thanks @mattmid I shall give it a go when I get home later.
I have 3, WE9LE and 6installed so will try it with all 3.

I have edited the kload.cfg for all of them in the past but I don't remember the internal.resolution settings being there, is that something you added? Maybe I have a slightly version of kitserver installed in my patches? Either way I shall add it in and see if it helps.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Russ

Is there a video guide anywhere on how to install these patches etc?

I'm not that clued up when it comes to edit scene ... i have pes 2013 installed on PC but have no idea what do in regards to these patches.

@rsl1 That's a new part of the latest kitserver. If you don't see it on your kload.cfg here's the download of the latest kitserver, https://kitserver.mapote.com/files/ it's the kitserver671 one

@Lobbedball :) It seems on 17, which is the only modern one I have, that he says the same few things every single game, no variation at all.

@Mikhail I'm not sure on the newer one's they are different, but if you install any of the older pes's (we9le, pes5, pes6) from Sany's installer page they all install as if they were a brand new game. Then just click the shortcut to run.

I'm playing the game out of the box,imported badges etc myself.
Went with La Liga since it's fully licensed,and with stadiums
Nice ... I might do the same. where did you get badges etc from?

The PC version and all the other stuff is giving me headache ... I am not skilled with PC!!

Nice ... I might do the same. where did you get badges etc from?

The PC version and all the other stuff is giving me headache ... I am not skilled with PC!!
Man that took a while,I just googled "Villarreal badge PNG" etc
It's important that it's PNG format if you want them to be "translucent" and not with white edges.
I'm coming straight from Xbox one,and haven't fiddled with these things since Pes 6 on pc 10 years ago:)
And I'm really shit at it
It's a bit of work,but it's kinda fun.

It's important that it's PNG format if you want them to be "translucent" and not with white edges.
I'm coming straight from Xbox one,and haven't fiddled with these things since Pes 6 on pc 10 years ago:)
Nice ... thanks again rock! :)

Wish I could help more,having a patch etc.
I think you'll find Pes 13 very good and hope you'll find all badges etc.
I'll keep an eye out if I find patches etc.
Welcome to the retro corner mate
thanks again mate

pes 2013 was my favourite since pes 5 I cant wait to play it again

@rsl1 That's a new part of the latest kitserver. If you don't see it on your kload.cfg here's the download of the latest kitserver, https://kitserver.mapote.com/files/ it's the kitserver671 one

Thanks again @mattmid
These are the kitserver files for PES6 is that correct?

I'll see if the combination of the additional resolution and the enb file you linked me too earlier solves the issue.
If so, hopefully I can find newer versions of kitserver for PES3 & 5 as well so I can decide which one I prefer.

Does the enb file work for all versions of 'older' PES do you know?

Kind regards

Russ

As I tortured myself many times with this staff the best site with optimists logos for pes ready in res and png format is this.not 100% in English but it has much content
https://peslogos.blogspot.com/?m=1
If you navigate through the menu with the flags it has almost every big leagues team logos in the world

@rsl1 All the kitservers on that link are the latest version for each one. I'm pretty sure pes5 has the same internal resolution part on kload too. I haven't tried the enb thing on other versions so I don't know, certainly worth a try.

One strange thing though is that downloading Sany's installer patches I haven't had any stuttering in pes6 at all and that's without that file in the game folder. I only had it in the original and that file fixed it. Whether that's a coincidence and it was an nvdia/win10 driver issue I don't know.

Ah and I think in sany's patches there's that d3dOverrider, which might also help, although I haven't used it

What i like about the classic games is when you see a AI player dribble or maneuver a defence in an organic way a human player would, watch Peter Crouch of all people collect the ball, shot feint past one defender, anticipate the sliding tackle from Carra and knocks the ball into space for a disappointing finish. This was PES 6.

FUXVEg7.gif

P2NBFFT.gifv

Here's my first Goal of the week entrant from PES 2013. Not exactly a banger but was notable as i hadn't scored for a while and was a difficult shot on the turn but Hulk seems to love these cut inside shots.

#1 - HULK - PES 2013

WC8k2TG.gif

Then from the same game literally moments later the CPU equalise with a great goal of there own.

#2 - Barrera - PES 2013

IIo0Grm.gif

2 Goals in 6 minutes!.. And that's how it ended.
Still amazed how good Pes 13 looks,even though I play it
Compared to my latest modern fix,Pes 17,which looks like a washed out t-shirt

@rsl1 All the kitservers on that link are the latest version for each one. I'm pretty sure pes5 has the same internal resolution part on kload too. I haven't tried the enb thing on other versions so I don't know, certainly worth a try.

One strange thing though is that downloading Sany's installer patches I haven't had any stuttering in pes6 at all and that's without that file in the game folder. I only had it in the original and that file fixed it. Whether that's a coincidence and it was an nvdia/win10 driver issue I don't know.

Ah and I think in sany's patches there's that d3dOverrider, which might also help, although I haven't used it

I just tried the enb thing with WE9LE (using a HD exe) and while it helped with stuttering it introduced weird vertical waves in the picture from time to time. On the other hand d3dOverrider eliminates almost all stuttering I have.

@rsl1: Hi, and welcome to the Corner, I'm glad you're enjoying the thread. Reading people's stories and experiences is so entertaining, it persuades us to try those games ourselves doesn't it?
As for your question of what we consider retro-PES here...when I created the thread I decided to open the discussion to any PES version except the current, latest one. Still, I suspected that a few older games would be more popular (like PES6, PES3...), mainly because the majority of PES fans do recognize the PS2 era as the "golden age" of PES games. After 85 pages on this thread, I don't remember anyone mentioning PES17 or 16 or 15 and even if someone did, games like PES2008 PS2, WE9LE or PES3 are lightyears ahead when it comes to popularity here on the Corner.
However, the purpose of the thread is to encourage people to try the whole collection of past PES games out there, from the oldest to the more recent ones, and play whichever version(s) they want - which goes against the established idea of modern gaming that you should definitely be playing the latest version because it's new.

@rockstrongo: As soon as the new version is released, talk about 18 will be allowed here. I don't believe there will be many people interested on that game here but still, it fits the purpose of the thread indeed.

Cool, thankyou.

I might give one of Sany's installers a go as well then to see if they play smoother if I can't get the other method(s) to work.

Roll on 5 o clock so I can get outta here and give it a try...

Back
Top Bottom