The Retro-PES Corner

Anyone play ISS deluxe? It had a mode that I don’t think any game after used (could be wrong) where you had to overcome scenarios. Eg things like you’re trailing the game 1-2, you’re into injury time in the game and you’ve got to get an equaliser before the whistle blows. I thought that was one of the best modes and always wondered why they didn’t make it a permanent mode going forward. That would have been great for later games like PES 5, 6 and all of them going forward.

PES2008 PS2 has something similar :D

Hello! Quick question: vanilla versions or mods/patches/option files?

Which way do you prefer to play any PES game?
On PS2 after encountering so many issues with ML on OFs/database mods I have resigned to using 100% vanilla for OF/DB, and create my own graphics mods

@baygonstroberi there were 2 versions of this patch on your channel

This was the 2nd version with V-League, 08/09 rosters, some more graphics changes. There was another previous version with 07/08 squad and no V-League, I have been trying to find it for years to no avail, could you find out if it existed online?

On PS2 after encountering so many issues with ML on OFs/database mods I have resigned to using 100% vanilla for OF/DB, and create my own graphics mods
I've been experiencing that at the moment.

Decided to play vanilla PES6 and just customize the game to my preferences (kits and players for example) using the in-game editor.

Anyone play ISS deluxe? It had a mode that I don’t think any game after used (could be wrong) where you had to overcome scenarios. Eg things like you’re trailing the game 1-2, you’re into injury time in the game and you’ve got to get an equaliser before the whistle blows. I thought that was one of the best modes and always wondered why they didn’t make it a permanent mode going forward. That would have been great for later games like PES 5, 6 and all of them going forward.

I think fifa wc 2010 has that!

Do you know how patches such as Smoke Patch or Pesedit decided player stats. Mainly SP because they still make patches for newer seasons even after PES death with horific eFootball

Do you know how patches such as Smoke Patch or Pesedit decided player stats. Mainly SP because they still make patches for newer seasons even after PES death with horific eFootball
I've always wondered about this too.. I know that some patchers have used converters and formulas based on the old PES Stats Database or FM inside, or other websites, so maybe Smoke Patch also has some kind of internal procedure with a formula or something similar.. But yeah no idea, it's a great question. In fact, I've always wondered if PES had a dedicated group of anonymous "game watchers and analysts". I remember reading somewhere that FIFA used this method (not sure if they still do though).

What do you guys think of the 2011/12/13 trilogy?
In terms of gameplay, what are their differences, advantages and disadvantages when compared to each other?

In terms of gameplay, what are their differences, advantages and disadvantages when compared to each other?
I did not play PES 2012, but mostly played PES 2013 and hooked on 2011. Trilogy is improvment from early PS3 era Pes. Gameplay is very good especially in 2013. Advantages of the trilogy are:Master League is amazing, it is the first games that went to more global approach and added Copa Libertadores and Brazillian League, 2011 and 2012 returns Pes Shop which has some underrated features such as cheats for ML and BAL, a mode called Club Boss, load of options for balls, stadium and more. Soundtrack is amazing, even the licensing is great because in 2013, the whole La Liga was licensed even the stadiums. PES 13 is one of the only games that can be compared to the legends of 5 & 6. Disadvantages can't really think so maybe sometimes game can be too easy but i play on Regular so that is my problem. Vanilla versions are great, but when you download a patch(SP, PesEdit, QPes), it makes the games even better

I think all three games are fantastic, PES 13 very attack minded from the cpu, last time i played it (a year ago) i played a modded version with sider, so I could tone down some things I don't like with it (and a better cam angle)
Didn't play Pes 12 on release but years later and I really like that game, feel it's better balanced ai wise than 13 (still great though) with its very attack minded ai.

11 is a very good game as well, haven't played it for a while though.
If buyin, get them all

I've not played them for a while, but I remember 2012 feeling quite loose in terms of player and ball control. 2013 is golden and I'd say maybe the best of the three, but all excellent games when compared to the few that came before

I LOVE scenario modes. I can't believe they're not a standard fixture of every game. Quite a few have them, but ISS made the most of them. They had them from SNES ISS to PS2 ISS. Dropped them for ISS2 and ISS3 for some reason.

It used to be a part of their marketing:

20240715_145804.jpg

Although that ad is shared with ISS Pro, which didn't have the mode. As far as I know, the only Konami Tokyo game to have scenarios was MLS ExtraTime.

Another random thought on the subject:

Screenshot_20240715_151547_YouTube.jpg

Lol. Different times.

I LOVE scenario modes. I can't believe they're not a standard fixture of every game. Quite a few have them, but ISS made the most of them. They had them from SNES ISS to PS2 ISS. Dropped them for ISS2 and ISS3 for some reason.

It used to be a part of their marketing:

View attachment 290996

Although that ad is shared with ISS Pro, which didn't have the mode. As far as I know, the only Konami Tokyo game to have scenarios was MLS ExtraTime.

Another random thought on the subject:

View attachment 290998

Lol. Different times.
It was superb. Another thing they removed which I thought was f***ing awesome, and that’s not an exaggeration… is smiley faces!!!!!!
Someone needs to make a patch that includes these instead of arrows. I don’t even think it would be that difficult to replace the arrow graphic for face animated graphics
ip06.png

I thought it gave a feeling of caring about a player. At the time I would have been like, awww man Laudrup just isn’t happy today, I better give him a break.

The three of them are solid games, I think some of the hardest of all PES.

I fluctuate a lot between which one is my favorite, between 2011 and 2013. 2011 is slower, much more dense in the midfield and more geared towards possession football, and 2013 is much more arcade, faster and more concentrated on counterattacking I feel. The great thing is that there's gameplay mods for both editions, personally, I'm using this one for PES 2011, and Jenkey's gameplay tool for PES 2013.

PES 2012's gameplay is somewhere in between 2011 and 2013, in my opinion. The gameplay is also solid, but it's my least favorite out of the 3 installments because of the training method in Master League, which I find a little confusing.

So I would say I like all installments, right now I would probably say 2011 is my favorite out of the 3. An interesting point, which @slamsoze pointed out some time ago, is that the player models are smaller in these editions, giving the games a more "FIFA" feel. I wouldn't say they are amongst my absolute top installments, but they are all nice representations of football, challenging and quite different from the other editions. PES 2013, in particular, has a lot of mods and patches and still has support from the community. It has a lot of support in South America, especially I've noticed.

All in all, I think no matter which one you try, you can expect a solid and enjoyable footballing experience. :TU:

I have been removing sponsors from kits, on and off when I have some free time to mod the games (f**k Adobe subscription fee tbh). It's amazing how some kits just look incredibly clean without sponsor logos, even iconic kits like Inter + Pirelli do too

Does any one remember somebody (maybe it's you :D ) who uploaded a Random Player Generator for PES6? I think it was in Spanish. I had it but deleted it off of my PC, but now I need it again. I tried to find it but no joy. Thanks

Haha literally 3 mins later I just found it

https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/post-4008451

I obviously did not look hard enough :LOL:

For my friend @millossobek and for everyone who still plays pes 2013, in the last days many patch have been reupdloaded on another site.
I don't mention it publicly because I don't know if it's allowed by the regulation, but I think you understand what site it is :LMAO:

PES 2013 PTE Patch Liga ZON Sagres Season 2012/2013​

Last version of PTE Patch 2013 which include 2012/2013 Season for PES 2013 PC. The patch is quite rare and hard to find. Reuploaded for archive purposes only.

https://sharemods.com/0x9uaww2ev9k/PES13_PTE_Patch_1.5-WWW.PESNEWUPDATE.COM-.rar.html

They also uploaded many pesedit versions of that season, and as I'm talking about the amazing pesedit...does exist a solution to launch the selector correctly?
I try everything and every version, but I can't run it. What a pity...
Hi, I'm using this patch but I can't switch league. It says unhandle exception has occured in your application

Hey guys, first post here :)

I have a rather specific request for you, that is not necessarily on-topic, but since this is one of the most active threads of the forum, I would like to give it a go.

So, I used to play many football games when I was younger, mainly FIFA games (basically every FIFA between 06 and 15).

I then took a step back and more recently I played some PES games (17 mainly), as I thought (at the time) that they offered better gameplay. A few years ago I purchased the 2021 edition, mainly because I read that you could patch the game even in PS4.

You see, I have little to no interest in playing with the current teams (at least not the top teams), rather than teams from my younger days (ie 2000s, 2010s). To be honest, this task was a little bit difficult, as most OFs tend to focus on the 1990s etc, but I eventually found a good OF (made by Mestre Kamika) and after some individual arrangements, I even got some extra teams I needed.

However, I encountered some problems: the first is rather insignificant or niche if you like, but even though I had 100+ teams of my liking in the PS4 version, I was still a little bit bugged that you could not patch the teams, faces, stadiums to a full extent like PC. It was a little bit baffling to see legends with custom faces or teams playing in fake stadiums.

The second problem was the game itself. PES 2021 is regarded as a decent game by some, but truly, the gameplay felt shit at times (ofc that was vanilla PES without gameplay tweaks at the PS4). Shooting was mediocre at best, passing was quite good (I'll give you that), but pace was non-existent (prime Messi could not outpace defenders) and tactics were almost non-existent. Every team plays almost the same way, it does not matter if Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi or Bob from the pub has the ball, the players will always try to cross for a header or receive the ball with the back on the net, change direction and shoot etc. Of course, there were some good moments or nice games, but most of them were frustrating.

So, even though I got that superficial, nostalgia itch, it did not feel right.

So, I know that I am most probably looking for something too good to be true, but is there any PES/FIFA edition out there that:

1)Has decent and variable gameplay
2)Has mods focusing on the 2000s/2010s
3)is available on PC

?

I am not looking for great graphics or anything.

Thanks in advance, cheers

Hey guys, first post here :)

I have a rather specific request for you, that is not necessarily on-topic, but since this is one of the most active threads of the forum, I would like to give it a go.

So, I used to play many football games when I was younger, mainly FIFA games (basically every FIFA between 06 and 15).

I then took a step back and more recently I played some PES games (17 mainly), as I thought (at the time) that they offered better gameplay. A few years ago I purchased the 2021 edition, mainly because I read that you could patch the game even in PS4.

You see, I have little to no interest in playing with the current teams (at least not the top teams), rather than teams from my younger days (ie 2000s, 2010s). To be honest, this task was a little bit difficult, as most OFs tend to focus on the 1990s etc, but I eventually found a good OF (made by Mestre Kamika) and after some individual arrangements, I even got some extra teams I needed.

However, I encountered some problems: the first is rather insignificant or niche if you like, but even though I had 100+ teams of my liking in the PS4 version, I was still a little bit bugged that you could not patch the teams, faces, stadiums to a full extent like PC. It was a little bit baffling to see legends with custom faces or teams playing in fake stadiums.

The second problem was the game itself. PES 2021 is regarded as a decent game by some, but truly, the gameplay felt shit at times (ofc that was vanilla PES without gameplay tweaks at the PS4). Shooting was mediocre at best, passing was quite good (I'll give you that), but pace was non-existent (prime Messi could not outpace defenders) and tactics were almost non-existent. Every team plays almost the same way, it does not matter if Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi or Bob from the pub has the ball, the players will always try to cross for a header or receive the ball with the back on the net, change direction and shoot etc. Of course, there were some good moments or nice games, but most of them were frustrating.

So, even though I got that superficial, nostalgia itch, it did not feel right.

So, I know that I am most probably looking for something too good to be true, but is there any PES/FIFA edition out there that:

1)Has decent and variable gameplay
2)Has mods focusing on the 2000s/2010s
3)is available on PC

?

I am not looking for great graphics or anything.

Thanks in advance, cheers
You want FIFA 14 or 16 on PC, 14 vanilla. Both have everything you want. They both have a classic patch with all the retro players you want too.

Everything you need to mod them is on this forum, search for them and classic.

You want FIFA 14 or 16 on PC, 14 vanilla. Both have everything you want. They both have a classic patch with all the retro players you want too.

Everything you need to mod them is on this forum, search for them and classic.
Hey, many thanks for the reply! Do these classic patches have teams with authentic kits from the 2010s too? Which one (FIFA 14 or FIFA 16) is easier to find these days?

This may have been discussed many times, but after PES 6, do the PS2 editions change much at all other than players and kits?

I know PES 5 and 6 are the top dogs, but I often wonder if anyone prefers 2008-14 on ps2 more.

Gameplay seems similar from some videos.

I suppose the bigger appeal for 5 and 6 is the nostalgia that comes with it!

This may have been discussed many times, but after PES 6, do the PS2 editions change much at all other than players and kits?

I know PES 5 and 6 are the top dogs, but I often wonder if anyone prefers 2008-14 on ps2 more.

Gameplay seems similar from some videos.

I suppose the bigger appeal for 5 and 6 is the nostalgia that comes with it!
Not much at all, some minor tweaks to gameplay, some new modes,

Problem is that there is no pc version

Back
Top Bottom