The Retro-PES Corner

An interesting version of PES (winning eleven) you may not know about. I imported it back in the day for my GBA. The guy that sold me it sent a folded piece of paper with all the menus translated into English 😄 Surprisingly the gameplay was quite similar to to the console versions. I thought it was a great feat to get the game anywhere near its console counterparts.

This is a gem, absolutely. I'd never even heard of this edition, amazing what they did with the limited engine like you mentioned!
Would love to try this indeed. :)

Last edited:
I thought I should copy and paste what I posted in @adams06 PES 2008 Option File thread

“First of all a big thanks again to @adams06 for this editor. With the copy and paste function it does save so much time. :)

I have a question, hopefully someone may know the answer.

@adams06 included a nationality.txt file with the editor which enables you to change the National names in the editor (not the game itself). When I first tried this when it was first released it worked fine but I had no need to use it so I didn’t. But now I want to do an option file for the Euros with different National teams, but the nationality.txt does not work this time.

I have tried redownloading it and I also tried v5 of the editor but still no joy.

I am using a Mac but I don’t think it would make a difference because I used my Mac the last time it worked. I also have a virtual pc but I cannot get the editor to open on that. I think there may be a problem with Java on the pc.

Any answers / ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks :) “

When editing Pes games to Today's games it is hard. Efootball stats are car crash and FC 24 is different to Pes when it comes to stats. So i created some kind of converter. So basically every stat 80 or above in FC 24 is not changed or you can give a +1 upgrade. But below 80 are given different upgrades. Starting from 79. For Pes it gets +1, also 78 get +1, 76 and 77 is +2, 74 and 75 is +3, 72 and 73 is +4 and 70 and 71 is +5. And it goes the same for every value in FC until 0 where it becomes 40. It has some flaws, like defending stat for attacker is way to high so i prefer downgrading it by 10. Also non GK stats like passing and dribbling for goalkeepers are way to high so instead i downgrade it by 10 or 20 till it comes into 50s or 60s because it is most common value for nonGK stats for GK.
Using this will see how Mitrovic looks(using +1 for 80<= stats and dowgrading defending stats by 10,left ones are FC and right ones are my stats):
Pace:
Speed 66->73
Acceleration 62->71
Shooting:
Finishing 85->86
Positioning 87->88
Power 84->85
Long Shot 70->75
Penalty 67->74
Volley 79->80
Passing:
Vision 70->75
Cross 43->62
Free Kicks 52->66
Long Pass 53->67
Short Pass 71->76
Curl 51->66
Dribbling:
Agility 60->70
Balance 60->70
Reactions 82->83
Composure 75->78
Ball Control 77->79
Dribbling 68->74
Defending:
Intercept 14->47 - 10 = 37
Header 90->91
Marking 25->53 - 10 = 43
Stand Tackle 24->52 - 10 = 42
Slide Tackle 13->46 - 10 = 36
Physical:
Jump 91->92
Stamina 79->80
Strength 91->92
Aggression 91->92

When editing Pes games to Today's games it is hard. Efootball stats are car crash and FC 24 is different to Pes when it comes to stats. So i created some kind of converter. So basically every stat 80 or above in FC 24 is not changed or you can give a +1 upgrade. But below 80 are given different upgrades. Starting from 79. For Pes it gets +1, also 78 get +1, 76 and 77 is +2, 74 and 75 is +3, 72 and 73 is +4 and 70 and 71 is +5. And it goes the same for every value in FC until 0 where it becomes 40. It has some flaws, like defending stat for attacker is way to high so i prefer downgrading it by 10. Also non GK stats like passing and dribbling for goalkeepers are way to high so instead i downgrade it by 10 or 20 till it comes into 50s or 60s because it is most common value for nonGK stats for GK.
Using this will see how Mitrovic looks(using +1 for 80<= stats and dowgrading defending stats by 10,left ones are FC and right ones are my stats):
Pace:
Speed 66->73
Acceleration 62->71
Shooting:
Finishing 85->86
Positioning 87->88
Power 84->85
Long Shot 70->75
Penalty 67->74
Volley 79->80
Passing:
Vision 70->75
Cross 43->62
Free Kicks 52->66
Long Pass 53->67
Short Pass 71->76
Curl 51->66
Dribbling:
Agility 60->70
Balance 60->70
Reactions 82->83
Composure 75->78
Ball Control 77->79
Dribbling 68->74
Defending:
Intercept 14->47 - 10 = 37
Header 90->91
Marking 25->53 - 10 = 43
Stand Tackle 24->52 - 10 = 42
Slide Tackle 13->46 - 10 = 36
Physical:
Jump 91->92
Stamina 79->80
Strength 91->92
Aggression 91->92
And what you all think about this stats system i madeđŸ€—

Hey anyone know faster way to edit players for any team(Arsenal, Man U or any other), coz i have been doing it manually using editor, one by one and i tried to make this season patch for any Pes from 6-13, but trying to edit every single one takes time. Not only i have to edit every single national team, but the club aswell.😀

Heey geeeee...hope all is well. Was wondering if you've done any editing for these Euro squads ?
Hey, not bad thanks, hope you are ok too.

No not yet, I am still rushing to get the clubs finished by next weekend as I wont be around for a while after that. Although the National teams are quite up to date anyway from their last competition that they performed in. I am planning to update them when I am back with my computer.

This season‘s file has taken me forever, because life is very busy and I did stop for a while and had to play ‘catch up’ once I got motivated to start again.

I only have 98 players left to create which should not take me long.

What is taking time is exchanging player ID’s for example those that have improved and should now have a Master League rating of C rather than D or B rather than C, and so on, this is to make it more realistic in Master League.

View attachment 284862

Based on this post by @slamsoze..

I just had to look it up! You just sent me down the rabbit-hole of Early PES ML Default names, bro!
I mean, who is Oranges102? (I know he's Huylens, but still, LOL) :LMAO:

Iorga, Castello, Miranda, Stromer.. hahahahaha, man, I friggin' love PES.
And now i will send you much deeper. In the first OGs!!!!

ISS.jpg

Regarding the Oranges102. There was an issue with Dutch players, mostly the Netherlands National team, in early PES games. Keep in mind that some FIFA games had the same issues and could not include them in a game.

In PES 2 the licensing problem was so big i asume that instead of just fake names, they used codes for playerrs, ORANGE001, etc...

Oranges102 is Huylens. For some reason KONAMI was so KONAMI at that moment, that gave a coded name, even to their fictional Dutch fake player!

In my country we would say, they took it more serious than needed!

Copying from neoseeker again:
In PES 2 players names were given codes, e.g. Edgar Davids was called Oranges101 as were all the other Dutch players except they had different numbers. This then made it hard to tell players from other due to their faces also not resembling the player.

Hey, not bad thanks, hope you are ok too.

No not yet, I am still rushing to get the clubs finished by next weekend as I wont be around for a while after that. Although the National teams are quite up to date anyway from their last competition that they performed in. I am planning to update them when I am back with my computer.

This season‘s file has taken me forever, because life is very busy and I did stop for a while and had to play ‘catch up’ once I got motivated to start again.

I only have 98 players left to create which should not take me long.

What is taking time is exchanging player ID’s for example those that have improved and should now have a Master League rating of C rather than D or B rather than C, and so on, this is to make it more realistic in Master League.
Cool...thanks for the update geeeee man! Does the option file need to be in a certain format for the editor to recognize it ? It's not showing up when I open the editor and navigate to it.

And now i will send you much deeper. In the first OGs!!!!

View attachment 284863

Regarding the Oranges102. There was an issue with Dutch players, mostly the Netherlands National team, in early PES games. Keep in mind that some FIFA games had the same issues and could not include them in a game.

In PES 2 the licensing problem was so big i asume that instead of just fake names, they used codes for playerrs, ORANGE001, etc...

Oranges102 is Huylens. For some reason KONAMI was so KONAMI at that moment, that gave a coded name, even to their fictional Dutch fake player!

In my country we would say, they took it more serious than needed!

Copying from neoseeker again:

I remember the Oranges issue :LOL:

I remember in one version of PES, I think PES 2, the Brazilian Ronaldo was always injured because of that injury he had in real life :D

Cool...thanks for the update geeeee man! Does the option file need to be in a certain format for the editor to recognize it ? It's not showing up when I open the editor and navigate to it.

I am guessing you are referring to last years file?

I normally open it as the SLES-54913
.file.

What editor are you using?

Yea, the file I'm trying to open is BESLES-54913P2K80PT

...with this editor

http://www.purplehaze.eclipse.co.uk/downloads/PES_Editor_2008-1.zip

It has to be the SLES-54913... file (not the one with BES at the beginning)
The BESLES file is what is extracted from the SLES file when transferring it to the PS2.

Do you play on an emulator or on a physical PS2?

Also try this editor, it has some extra features..

https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/post-3903506

It has to be the SLES-54913... file (not the one with BES at the beginning)
The BESLES file is what is extracted from the SLES file when transferring it to the PS2.

Do you play on an emulator or on a physical PS2?

Also try this editor, it has some extra features..

https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/post-3903506
So is there anyway to take a BESLES file and convert it back to a SLES file ?

I play on a physical PS2 with the free mcboot mem card/usb setup. I've been using this option file as a base (seemed like it was the most updated) https://evoweb.uk/threads/of-pes-laziale-2024-championship-edition.95775/
and just doing some editing on these Euro squads, but wanted to apply your global changes with the editor (even though I've also been playing a bit and getting use to the faster speed)

Also anything higher than regular/normal difficulty in this game seems too much for me to handle...lol. Feels like it's worse when I play the cups as opposed to an exhibition, where the cpu doesn't seem as brutal. It's not bad until you take the lead on them and then they seem to go into 'superman' mode.

So is there anyway to take a BESLES file and convert it back to a SLES file ?

I play on a physical PS2 with the free mcboot mem card/usb setup. I've been using this option file as a base (seemed like it was the most updated) https://evoweb.uk/threads/of-pes-laziale-2024-championship-edition.95775/
and just doing some editing on these Euro squads, but wanted to apply your global changes with the editor (even though I've also been playing a bit and getting use to the faster speed)

Also anything higher than regular/normal difficulty in this game seems too much for me to handle...lol. Feels like it's worse when I play the cups as opposed to an exhibition, where the cpu doesn't seem as brutal. It's not bad until you take the lead on them and then they seem to go into 'superman' mode.

I don’t actually transfer back from the PS2 anymore as I always do my editing on the PC and transfer it to the PS2 rather than the other way round but these are the instructions that I typed for myself in case I forget.

PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF YOUR FILE BEFORE IN CASE IT GOES WRONG!!!

Transferring Option File from PS2 to PC (Mac)

PS2 Part

1. Insert “MaxDrive”
  2. Turn on the PS2
  3. Select “uLaunchELF”
  4. Select “FileBrowser”
  5. Press OK on “mc0” (that is the memory card in slot 1”
  6. Press OK on “BESLES
OPT”
  7. Mark “BESLES
OPT” (that is the option file currently on the memory card)
  8. Press R1
  9. Select “Copy”
  10. Press UP twice
  11. Press OK on “mass” (that is the MaxDrive)
  12. Press R1
  13. Select “psuPaste”

Your option file has now been transferred from your PS2 to the MaxDrive

PC (Mac) Part

1. Insert “MaxDrive”
  2. Copy “BESLES
OPT” onto desk top.
  3. Open “PS2SaveConvertor”
  4. Select “Open”
  5. Select the older version of the Option File that is already on the PC, maybe “SLES” and Open it.
  6. Select the “BESLES
OPT” file in the convertor.
  7. Delete it
  8. Select “Edit”
  9. Select “Add File”
  10. Select the new “BESLES
OPT”
  11. Select “Save” (It saves as “SLES
”
  12. Open “mymc-alpha-2.6”
  13. Open “mymc”
  14. Select “Mcd001.ps2” (that is the virtual memory card slot)
  15. Select “BESLES
OPT”
  16. Select “File”
  17. Select “Delete”
  18. Select “Import”
  19. Choose the new “SLES
” file.
  20. Select “Open”

Your option file has now been transferred from your MaxDrive to your PC (Mac)

I only remember vaguely how this process works because, like I said, I normally only transfer from PC to PS2

Sorry guys, I know that this is a little off topic.

I normally use the PES 2008 editor on my Mac, but I am trying to use it on my Windows 10 Virtual PC too. I have the latest Java installed on my PC but when I try to open the editor a black screen flashes and disappears and the editor does not open.

I have searched online but I cannot find what is wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

And let's not forget one of the most epic PES intros in PES history! Still giving me goosebumps of that days back then.

That's an amazing intro bro!! The atmospheric photos in the beginning of the park and city life mixed in with the in-game cinematics everything moving to the beat, the celebrations, the fact that they left in the entire Brian May solo, I mean, it's TRULY epic.

But still, if I have to think about it really really hard.. It's still #2 on my list, my friend!! Because #1 IMO is this..
Basically the best intro of any football game, and one of the best intros of ANY game, period!! :BSCARF: (I know I've posted this here before, but I can't get over how cool this intro is).

Thanks to @etb10dmk for reminding me to watch this again, and to @Silverdome94 for showing it to me in the first place. :)

Last edited:
I don’t actually transfer back from the PS2 anymore as I always do my editing on the PC and transfer it to the PS2 rather than the other way round but these are the instructions that I typed for myself in case I forget.

PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF YOUR FILE BEFORE IN CASE IT GOES WRONG!!!

Transferring Option File from PS2 to PC (Mac)

PS2 Part

1. Insert “MaxDrive”
  2. Turn on the PS2
  3. Select “uLaunchELF”
  4. Select “FileBrowser”
  5. Press OK on “mc0” (that is the memory card in slot 1”
  6. Press OK on “BESLES
OPT”
  7. Mark “BESLES
OPT” (that is the option file currently on the memory card)
  8. Press R1
  9. Select “Copy”
  10. Press UP twice
  11. Press OK on “mass” (that is the MaxDrive)
  12. Press R1
  13. Select “psuPaste”

Your option file has now been transferred from your PS2 to the MaxDrive

PC (Mac) Part

1. Insert “MaxDrive”
  2. Copy “BESLES
OPT” onto desk top.
  3. Open “PS2SaveConvertor”
  4. Select “Open”
  5. Select the older version of the Option File that is already on the PC, maybe “SLES” and Open it.
  6. Select the “BESLES
OPT” file in the convertor.
  7. Delete it
  8. Select “Edit”
  9. Select “Add File”
  10. Select the new “BESLES
OPT”
  11. Select “Save” (It saves as “SLES
”
  12. Open “mymc-alpha-2.6”
  13. Open “mymc”
  14. Select “Mcd001.ps2” (that is the virtual memory card slot)
  15. Select “BESLES
OPT”
  16. Select “File”
  17. Select “Delete”
  18. Select “Import”
  19. Choose the new “SLES
” file.
  20. Select “Open”

Your option file has now been transferred from your MaxDrive to your PC (Mac)

I only remember vaguely how this process works because, like I said, I normally only transfer from PC to PS2
#5 - Select the older version of the Option File that is already on the PC, maybe “SLES” and Open it."

I don't have an older version that starts with SLES and even the ones I dl fresh like yours and that laziale one start with BESLES. The save converter isn't recognizing those either.

Do yall know how to import unlicensed kit onto a licensed one in Pes 2010 editor. I want to import unl. kits so i can edit them, because you can't edit licensed ones

Sorry but i mean on Pes 2010 editor. When you double click on a team, it opens up formation settings. I think you mean on a Pes 6 Fan editor

Sorry but i mean on Pes 2010 editor. When you double click on a team, it opens up formation settings. I think you mean on a Pes 6 Fan editor
Ah... Can't exactly help you on that one then. (I'm not talking about PES 6 Fan editor since we also have PES Editor 2010 for the PS2. lol)

https://mega.nz/file/FZ9DXQxJ#jhwTn0-UTu6xpsO7wj3H8YyIpJXDQL6D3PSpDNIOnxo

Don't think I'll be able to do more on the OF since it's very difficult to find kits for the Chinese teams.

Amazing work. Just amazing. Just started playing JLWE8AC this week with the english patch uploaded, and I really like the game. Thank you for this OF, I was about to do the same myself.

Weird game this. No names on shirt at all. If you play without patching LOD, in wide camera you see names and then when you zoom in they vanish lol. The opposite of what's happening in later games. Konami being Konami I guess. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom