The Retro-PES Corner

Hey guys! Finally found K-League Winning Eleven 9: AC, the last, lost chapter of the WE9 saga. Unless I lost something in the latest months (totally possible, in the case it was already out there imagine this post it's targeted to who missed it like me), was still pretty much unattainable/unseen here, right? By the way, did a small video of the intro/menus:

from the little I played, gameplay wise seems identical to the JL counterpart.. but it's just a first time impression, with Konami's passion for small tweaks and touch ups you never know until you put solid time in it.

I suppose the site on which I found it put it up quite recently as now it's the first result on Google, while last time I checked was nowhere to be found

Last but not least, of course I upped the game for anyone who wants it:

K-League Winning Eleven 9: Asia Championship

;)
I used to have the iso on a very old hard drive which I lost 5 or 6 years ago. I remembered that there weren't any differences in gameplay compared to JLWE9. No English translation = no bueno for me

Sorry, I wasn't implying for it to be a brand new chapter or even something of a final evolution. Maybe it wasn't clear enough from the original post? After all, WE9 based games are already the ones in which versions have the less differences, at least compared with the WE8 and WE10 gen. Totally normal for it to be basically the same, maybe bar some small ininfluential thing.

By the way, I remember time ago some discussion about this edition and the difficulty to find it arisen, I think just for the curiosity factor of it being centered on Korea football somebody may be happy to give it a look, so.. there it is, just in case ;)

Yes you can be right, as i saw that Korean version were faster, probably because they're less football addict and want something more i wouldn't say arcadish in the mechanics, but faster to be funnier (for them).

Sorry, I wasn't implying for it to be a brand new chapter or even something of a final evolution. Maybe it wasn't clear enough from the original post? After all, WE9 based games are already the ones in which versions have the less differences, at least compared with the WE8 and WE10 gen. Totally normal for it to be basically the same, maybe bar some small ininfluential thing.

By the way, I remember time ago some discussion about this edition and the difficulty to find it arisen, I think just for the curiosity factor of it being centered on Korea football somebody may be happy to give it a look, so.. there it is, just in case ;)
I didn't mean to come off as anything in my post. It's annoying how Konami never stated the differences between the games they made, except for maybe a tidbit or two buried deep within Japanese gaming magazines many years ago

I didn't mean to come off as anything in my post. It's annoying how Konami never stated the differences between the games they made, except for maybe a tidbit or two buried deep within Japanese gaming magazines many years ago

Don't worry, you didn't!

And.. yes, totally agree, wish they were a little clearer in that regard as well.

Hey guys! Finally found K-League Winning Eleven 9: AC, the last, lost chapter of the WE9 saga.
Yes, yes bro!! You found it!! :RSCARF: :BSCARF:

This is absolutely awesome! For one second I thought it had the K-League 1 and 2, but it seems like it has the same teams as JLWE9AC. It would've been great if it had KLeague 2 as well, but in anycase this is more than a worthy addition to the collection.. Love the Korean theme!! With K-League banners, themes, background, and commentary! Been looking for this for a loooong time and you're right, this I absolutely love!! Downloading it as of this moment. :TU:

Sad it's the only version who didn't get ever a Spanish or Brasilian at least translation. I really, really can't play vanilla Japanese games or Korean.
Even if i understand more or less menu, i don't feel at ease.

There's tons of patches but way too much Brasileirao versions.
I sometimes searched some version in particular and it wasn't there, or the link was dead.

does anyone have a list of the correct names of players with fake names in we10 japanese version? I'm translating but it's hard to find the names on the internet, I only find pes 6

@BillyKong if ever you know the unnamed.bin from JL2008cc to open the database, that would avoid me to research lol.
If not, don't worry mate. Didn't found on the net, just the PES versions and 3 JLeague version but not that one (number were a bit lower than for PES around 50-60)

Currently started Werder. The issues is as i said you have to switch WE United with a Classic teams for having the "real" ML cost.
Didn't even know that PES/WE United player price were fucked up like "Others C"... I didn't remember at all having done an ML on PS3.
Is the problem was recurrent? I mean players with completely (not a bit) different standards.

When i see that, i think the PS4 version was by far the most logic regarding players values... Except the Transfermarkt locked one unfortunately on my favourite version (PES 2021)

The most simplier and the one who don't have that problems are all version before PES 6. PES 5 the best ML so (there is no issues regarding unlocked NT, or players costs.)

Last edited:
I love the Reefur patches for WE8LE, but the aesthetic feels too bombastic and in your face - very 2005 indeed

I'm working on bringing UI elements to stock and changing a few things, such as adboards (you could never do proper classic Champions League wide adboards, didn't stop people from doing it and it looked like crap in almost every patch, or patch makers putting nonsensical things like 3 beverage brands and 2 sporting goods brands in the same roll), stadium previews, other graphics, no opmov (shorter start time), non-Japanese commentaries removal (smaller iso, faster packing)

Winning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316055508.pngWinning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316055515.pngWinning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316055547.pngWinning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316055556.pngWinning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316055603.pngWinning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316150328.pngWinning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316150337.pngWinning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316055705.pngWinning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316055736.pngWinning Eleven 8 - Liveware Evolution_SLPM-65788_20230316055740.png

Last edited:
Anybody tried making kits for PS2 games? I'm running into an issue with GGS showing my font graphics (saved at 4-bit color, both non-interlaced and interlaced) like this, which also doesn't work in-game

1679064427262.png

Last edited:
Anybody tried making kits for PS2 games? I'm running into an issue with GGS showing my font graphics (saved at 4-bit color, both non-interlaced and interlaced) like this, which also doesn't work in-game

View attachment 207343

use we picture decoder, ggs has problems when importing 16 colors images, otherwise use optpix to increase the color quantity, but highly recommend using we picture decoder

Reactions: du0
hello sorry for this post, but I am looking for where to download Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship, I got lost in this big thread can please somebody point me in the right direction where to download it? also, i am not sure if there is pc version or only ps2 version

hello sorry for this post, but I am looking for where to download Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship, I got lost in this big thread can please somebody point me in the right direction where to download it? also, i am not sure if there is pc version or only ps2 version
K-League WE9AC: https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/post-3931948 or Vimm's Lair
J-League WE9AC: https://archive.org/download/ps2japanredump2 (JP version), https://sharemods.com/ivt4xy0e4yyr/WE9JLACENG.rar.html (English translation, found on Adailton's Museu dos Patches blog), OF available here

Last edited:
I've made some test about players cost in ML, based on PES 2008. Well it's pretty complicated, and i don't know why they added that much things for a simple price system.
I noticed that players got a reputation level which is not linked to their stats. I through before but no.

So i create 5 time the same players. The cost varies depending 3 parameters :
-The team were he's in reputation
-The players reputation (weird no one has found it since there's tons of editors)
-Of course, the stats.

I created players with different ways or should i say base copied one player with PES 2008 Editor.
-The same player with the highest price which was around 1200 was the player "base copied" over a Legends. It was the only one with a reputation (the others got a "-" regarding reputation
-Second cames the created player around 980 pts
-Then cames the one i created over an IG basic players 583 points and i created over another basic one... 582 points lol, there's perhaps a "randomization system"
-The lowest cost was the one took from WE United around 520 pts

Now, if i register those 4 or 5 players on Wigan instead of Newcastle, they lost many points, almost 1/5 or their price.

Finally : i noticed that players from PES and WE united are never selected when you choose "random" and don't appears in ML, like the Others league C players on PES 6 an 2008.

That's for PES 6 and 2008 and probably the next PES.
But ALL of those issues because for me that cause problems and irregularities, doesn't concern a lot PES 5 : the system is more regular (except for created players i think, price is still pretty high)

Last edited:
For Drogba's celebration they choose the dance he did when he scored vs Newcastle (2004) and reproduced it with Chelsea when he scored vs Middlesbrough (2004)

1679084081719.png

on PES

there's a file in which you can enable the additional commentary, there's like 5 slots per player, around the last files of 0_text, im trying to find that on pes5 in fact...
Wow! I didn’t know that.
Pes 6 has 4 callname slots for some players. 3 regular+1 when he shoots.

Did you find a way to activate this for pes 5?

maybe i will try to implement fifa commentary+ callnames for pes 5.

1679117952098.png

Guys, I wanted to start a "customized Konami Cup" in PES 2010 PC but found out that the game doesn't have customizable cups. It has the Euros, the World Cup, African Cup of Nations, Copa America, and AFC Asian Cup, but not an option to create your own cup. Wondering if I'm missing something, if it's something that's hardcoded into the game itself, or if there is a workaround to it. Thanks in advance. :TU:

For Drogba's celebration they choose the dance he did when he scored vs Newcastle (2004) and reproduced it with Chelsea when he scored vs Middlesbrough (2004)

View attachment 207511

on PES

this is one of the many dances of the ivorian music genre "Coupé Décalé" created in 2002-2003. there's even a dance/song named after him, the "Drogbacité" :
i could talk about this for a long time, but that's not the point of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom