The Retro-PES Corner

I've made some test about players cost in ML, based on PES 2008. Well it's pretty complicated, and i don't know why they added that much things for a simple price system.
I noticed that players got a reputation level which is not linked to their stats. I through before but no.

So i create 5 time the same players. The cost varies depending 3 parameters :
-The team were he's in reputation
-The players reputation (weird no one has found it since there's tons of editors)
-Of course, the stats.

I created players with different ways or should i say base copied one player with PES 2008 Editor.
-The same player with the highest price which was around 1200 was the player "base copied" over a Legends. It was the only one with a reputation (the others got a "-" regarding reputation
-Second cames the created player around 980 pts
-Then cames the one i created over an IG basic players 583 points and i created over another basic one... 582 points lol, there's perhaps a "randomization system"
-The lowest cost was the one took from WE United around 520 pts

Now, if i register those 4 or 5 players on Wigan instead of Newcastle, they lost many points, almost 1/5 or their price.

Finally : i noticed that players from PES and WE united are never selected when you choose "random" and don't appears in ML, like the Others league C players on PES 6 an 2008.

That's for PES 6 and 2008 and probably the next PES.
But ALL of those issues because for me that cause problems and irregularities, doesn't concern a lot PES 5 : the system is more regular (except for created players i think, price is still pretty high)

Hi Vialli, I thought that you already knew most of these things.

Most of the prices depend on the player's reputation, and that depends on his ID.

You may find this PDF useful. It is what I have compiled from my findings of PES2008.

Attachments

• PES2008 ID's and RANKINGS.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
Hi Vialli, I thought that you already knew most of these things.

Most of the prices depend on the player's reputation, and that depends on his ID.

You may find this PDF useful. It is what I have compiled from my findings of PES2008.
In fact i stopped to play ML after PES 5 and there's less big differences. Don't remember about reputation... I think it's a PES 6 thing, started with that version.
Never played, except on PES 2011 and 2014, an ML on PS3 an on PS4 i did it on 3 versions.... But you know memories, it's been a long time.

I wasn't that much RetroPES before Efootball as i liked the last episodes they release more or less. and i mostly played with friends than offline to be honest. Times changes.

Now you're talking about PES 2008 as a basis "for every special stuffs" but there's still small differences on many WE/PES PS2 after that :
Example : the players from PES United and WE utd doesn't appears on PES 2008 ML. But they appears and need to be edited on JL2008CC ML whatever option you choose... Then some others have again different (but simplier) standards. I will investigate PES 2014 PS2 and i'm sure to found again some exceptions 😅

Thanks for the file, i will see if it's doable first, having to replace 150 missing transfers by keeping their Reputation it's almost impossible. So sometimes just closer will be okay :)
Sad we can't change it. Instead of linked it with the IDs, leaving it modifiable would have been more structured but well...

Whatever, really usefull your tool mate. Will add a new big letters in front of player to create for exchanging lol.

Last edited:
Hi, @BillyKong, it's me again, I have some questtions.

I don't know if someone else ever had this problem, but when I play the JLWE2008 with your save and patch, the Roasso Kumamoto's stadium gets bugged on exibithion mode, Master League and Fantasista (Be a legend mode) doesn't have this issue. Is there any way to fix it? J. League Winning Eleven 2008 - Club Championship_SLPM-55033_20230319162227.png

Another thing, how I could change the champions league music in the entrance scene (I really like this series because it has the J-League)? And the boots, how I can get them back to the originals?

Thanks for the work and hope you can help me.

Wtf, looks like they made a perm shaping on the pitch.
I'm also working on an option file + some rectification (some wrong, some to fit to my taste) for an ISO.

Harder than i through, i spend my time to conturn wtf or illogic stuffs regarding of how Konami's created the game.
Well like on every patch after W9 i would say.

Last edited:

I don't know if someone else ever had this problem, but when I play the JLWE2008 with your save and patch, the Roasso Kumamoto's stadium gets bugged on exibithion mode, Master League and Fantasista (Be a legend mode) doesn't have this issue. Is there any way to fix it? View attachment 207773

Another thing, how I could change the champions league music in the entrance scene (I really like this series because it has the J-League)? And the boots, how I can get them back to the originals?

Also when you're on ML selection, "Ligue 1" is on the wrong side (back instead of face)

I don't know if someone else ever had this problem, but when I play the JLWE2008 with your save and patch, the Roasso Kumamoto's stadium gets bugged on exibithion mode, Master League and Fantasista (Be a legend mode) doesn't have this issue. Is there any way to fix it? View attachment 207773

Billy edited the SLPM game file for higher LOD, which can cause this. Try doing a diff between his SLPM and the original SLPM file to see the original values
https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-we-jl-fix-lod-level.91388

To change music, use DKZ Studio to look inside 0_sound.afs, play the sounds until you find it. PS2 PES games use CRI ADX format at 24000hz sample rate, use Audacity or something to convert your sound to WAV 24000hz, then use https://gamebanana.com/tools/6491 to convert it to ADX (this tool can create looping and non-looping ADX audio files, DKZ Studio's converter makes everything looping), replace the sound file inside 0_sound.afs, repack the ISO

JLWE2008 should be similar to WE8LE in this regard, I'll mod it after I'm done with WE8LE. Here's CL anthem walkout replaced with Faithless - Insomnia, because 2 national teams or 2 non-European teams walking out to the CL anthem feels wrong, and Insomnia is a banger (RIP Maxi Jazz)
https://streamff.co/v/mYFKJml4FY

Last edited:

Hi.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, unfortunately I dont have time to test every stadium and feature before releasing a patch.

I had done some tests to see if it was affected by the SLPM file like @du0 kindly suggested. After some testing it appears its not due to the SLPM but instead due to the adboards.

I will have to investigate it further and try and fix it later this week.

Hi.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, unfortunately I dont have time to test every stadium and feature before releasing a patch.

I had done some tests to see if it was affected by the SLPM file like @du0 kindly suggested. After some testing it appears its not due to the SLPM but instead due to the adboards.

I will have to investigate it further and try and fix it later this week.

Try to place the original adboards and also check the size of the file modded vs the original, sometimes ps2 can't handle bigger sizes, which is pretty weird probably this could affect others stadiums

Reading the comments, I identify myself a lot with the user vialli82. Who writes manuscript and goes beyond. lol

One version that I particularly consider the best made by Konami is J-League Winning Eleven 10 Club Championship.
It's amazing that there are no patches or OFs, just licensing the generic content, in order to preserve the original identity of the work.

Instead, I find thousands, tons of patches, Brazilian, horrible and bizarre, that change everything. And honestly, it makes me really sad. Because, the true fan, should value the game of his time (season). To have in your collection with affection.

So if anyone knows if there is at least one good Option File I would very much like to find out.

Congratulations to you, who are always here, sharing ideas, content, helping people, keeping alive the memory of the great versions that Konami produced.

Reading the comments, I identify myself a lot with the user vialli82. Who writes manuscript and goes beyond. lol

One version that I particularly consider the best made by Konami is J-League Winning Eleven 10 Club Championship.
It's amazing that there are no patches or OFs, just licensing the generic content, in order to preserve the original identity of the work.

Instead, I find thousands, tons of patches, Brazilian, horrible and bizarre, that change everything. And honestly, it makes me really sad. Because, the true fan, should value the game of his time (season). To have in your collection with affection.

So if anyone knows if there is at least one good Option File I would very much like to find out.

Congratulations to you, who are always here, sharing ideas, content, helping people, keeping alive the memory of the great versions that Konami produced.
There aren't. However the unlicensed part of that game was small, so you could just chip away at it for a while. Even when it's not original I love Honome's Classicos patch for it, one of the best made patches ever on any PS2 PES

Tested JLWE8AC, typical Konami laziness and/or weirdness in licensing, J League 1 and 2 teams have unlicensed kits despite it being a J League official product when K League is fully licensed...

Thanks a lot mate, i'm touched by your kind words.
Just one thing : i never tryed JLWE10 as plenty of my people said it's almost the same as PES 6 with correction (which is what PES 6 needed, that's real) but there's a game in the same 06-07 era probably better as they not only removed bug but changed the gameplay and added stuffs :

Try JL2007CC : it's like the "final evolution" of PES 6 : i ain't a PES 6 fan at all but i love that version, they deb-bugged everything and defensively it's more solid.
Pretty dynamic, and you can't pass trough everyone with a 95 in balance + 85 on speed running straight lol.

But i tried then JL2007CC, they added animations and the tempo is different. It's Closer to PES 2008 than PES 6, the same feeling as i think PES controls gives a good feeling, but pretty different AI, contact, defense etc., a revamped version ;)

There aren't. However the unlicensed part of that game was small, so you could just chip away at it for a while. Even when it's not original I love Honome's Classicos patch for it, one of the best made patches ever on any PS2 PES
Yes that's a shame we can't have all around the world patch, but only South America especially Brasil and Argentina.

Last time i falled for example on a japanese patch for WE2014 AOKI on PS3 (the only one my PS3 can accept O.F.) Then another for another version i really liked, don't remember, more retro (think it was WE7I or WE9). Links dead of course...

EDIT / I remember the game now : it was an O.F. for WE2008. Not the J-League version. And i'm more interested by that version than PES 2008 as there's no "6 stars difficulty" removed . Gameplay, i didn't checked that much i posted my 1st impression but there's some little palpable difference i don't think it's placebo when it's a game out practically 5 months after the European version.

But it's not "game changer" as JLWE2008CC, both are good but that one is slower and more structured in positioning.
I don't like to say "the first" but i think it's reaching the maximum excellence from every PES and WE i played. One of the rare with PES 2008, JL2007CC and PES 5/WE9 even more to cover the wings...

Last edited:
Sorry for the 3rd post but i'm asking : is there a tool to modify the type "A B C D E" etc. or money price in ML BUT for PES 5?
Or just showing their level?

I noticed the high stats when i overwrite a high rated player before but it's pretty hard to guess which player got which letter assigned and even harder to found another player which fits. DKZ and all others PS2 editors i tried gives that option. Well if it's for 20 point i don't care, but when it's 1500 points in more than the player should have...

Hey guys! Wanted to ask you about PES 2016. :)

I uninstalled it not too long ago because of the awful keepers, but I've found some gameplay mods and I'm installing the game again (I want to try Sudamericana), and also try out the gameplay mods, they say they improve the gk's.....

My question is.. Does PES 2016 also have the "unrealistically high master league scores" when playing games with over 10 minutes, or was this fixed from 2015? Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Back playing my beloved PES 3 again after a couple of years away and as always straight away I remember why it will always be my number 1 in the PES series

i really think they touched what a football is meant to be more than ever when they designed this game because despite its slight clunkiness it feels like anything can happen and you are able to create almost any moment you can imagine seeing in a football match circa 2003

I started a ML with Udinese and the first match was a day time home game against Brescia which quickly turned into a nightmare as I was blowing off some cobwebs after years away. We found ourselves 2-0 down after 55min this wasn't how it was supposed to go until...I was awarded a penalty to pull a goal back to be honest I thought id blast it wide given I havent taken one for so long but nope right into the top corner 2-1 and then not long after Brescia lose the ball in our box and we counter attack reaching the halfway line then playing a through ball ,to Nomvete a quick tap of R2 for a burst of speed past the defender and then buried in the far corner in off the post 2-2!

I was already happy to settle for a draw but in the last 5 mins after a cross and scramble in the box the ball fell loose to Jorgensons feet on the edge of the box I decided to blast it first time (more a hit and hope than anything) and I was shocked to see the net bulge after it flew into the far top corner 3-2 and then all 3 points what great match Brescia had plenty of chances to bury me even further at 2-0 but we stole the win. This game always reminds me of why I loved PES in the first place all those years ago PES 3 is a masterpiece of football games

Hey guys! Wanted to ask you about PES 2016.
I just answered my own question, :LOL:

1679458354960.png

Scores look pretty normal in a simulated, 38-match Brasileirao, 15 minutes. :TU: Really no complaints.

BTW, in case you guys are interested, I'm playing with this gameplay. I've noticed quite a bit of improvement in the keepers and many other things. Huge credit goes to @yair25! :BSCARF:

Last edited:
Back playing my beloved PES 3 again after a couple of years away and as always straight away I remember why it will always be my number 1 in the PES series

i really think they touched what a football is meant to be more than ever when they designed this game because despite its slight clunkiness it feels like anything can happen and you are able to create almost any moment you can imagine seeing in a football match circa 2003

I started a ML with Udinese and the first match was a day time home game against Brescia which quickly turned into a nightmare as I was blowing off some cobwebs after years away. We found ourselves 2-0 down after 55min this wasn't how it was supposed to go until...I was awarded a penalty to pull a goal back to be honest I thought id blast it wide given I havent taken one for so long but nope right into the top corner 2-1 and then not long after Brescia lose the ball in our box and we counter attack reaching the halfway line then playing a through ball ,to Nomvete a quick tap of R2 for a burst of speed past the defender and then buried in the far corner in off the post 2-2!

I was already happy to settle for a draw but in the last 5 mins after a cross and scramble in the box the ball fell loose to Jorgensons feet on the edge of the box I decided to blast it first time (more a hit and hope than anything) and I was shocked to see the net bulge after it flew into the far top corner 3-2 and then all 3 points what great match Brescia had plenty of chances to bury me even further at 2-0 but we stole the win. This game always reminds me of why I loved PES in the first place all those years ago PES 3 is a masterpiece of football games
I feel the same about WE8LE. Ironically what made it arcadey back then becomes realistic nowadays with intense pressing being the norm in modern football and the importance of a DM being highlighted

Most overrated PES ever to me (.. With PES 6). Never get the hype when you see things which aren't even on PS2, and i feel like i play on the moon as everything is too floaty or light, you don't feel the physics, weight, etc.
And "strong" shoot doesn't looks strong. Well, i'm a lot about the feeling but that's the first reason you will like or not a game.

Wait, i said overrated because i've read often "best PES of all time" and shit but i don't hate it with all my hearth lol, i played some exhibition or cup sometimes without carrying. I liked the ball conduction and passing.

But then you see like on the gif the exact same animation of 2 or 3 guys tackling with exactly the same animation and speed, and windows button + right click on the game and closing.

Last edited:

i really think they touched what a football is meant to be more than ever when they designed this game because despite its slight clunkiness it feels like anything can happen and you are able to create almost any moment you can imagine seeing in a football match circa

I started a ML with Udinese and the first match was a day time home game against Brescia which quickly turned into a nightmare as I was blowing off some cobwebs after years away. We found ourselves 2-0 down after 55min this wasn't how it was supposed to go until...I was awarded a penalty to pull a goal back to be honest I thought id blast it wide given I havent taken one for so long but nope right into the top corner 2-1 and then not long after Brescia lose the ball in our box and we counter attack reaching the halfway line then playing a through ball ,to Nomvete a quick tap of R2 for a burst of speed past the defender and then buried in the far corner in off the post

I was already happy to settle for a draw but in the last 5 mins after a cross and scramble in the box the ball fell loose to Jorgensons feet on the edge of the box I decided to blast it first time (more a hit and hope than anything) and I was shocked to see the net bulge after it flew into the far top corner 3-2 and then all 3 points what great match Brescia had plenty of chances to bury me even further at 2-0 but we stole the win. This game always reminds me of why I loved PES in the first place all those years ago PES 3 is a masterpiece of football games2-2!2003
Hey, what about your ambitious 95/96 patch for PES 3? In 2019, you wrote that you were returning to work. How are things now? I have been following this project since 2013 😄

Hey, what about your ambitious 95/96 patch for PES 3? In 2019, you wrote that you were returning to work. How are things now? I have been following this project since 2013 😄

Hey thanks for following the work it kills me I never finished my work completely with that patch 😔 I'd still be playing it now if I did... i put some insane effort into that watching hours upon hours of footage about obscure players from the 90s, getting hold of 90s football magazines along with various championship manager game databases and reading tons of stats online about who was top scorer in smaller European leagues small details like that to compile the 95/96 season as real as possible

I still have the complete database and all kits (sadly lost all the euro 96 kits I made) all the players are there and completed with stats just except for appearances in game. If I start again I'm going to need some free time as I'm really OCD about getting things perfect and wouldn't want to rush out a badly made patch

I'm gonna finish it someday I really hope..this inspired me when I found it yesterday the PES team had so much passion back then and love for their game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom