The Retro-PES Corner

Last edited:
@morodolarama1 Thanks for sharing WE9. I've been wanting to give this a go.

BUT I've just loaded it via McBoot on my PS2 and I'm just getting a white screen. :((
I uploaded the iso again.
this time I just imported the files:
unnamed_00023.bin = (para_we9.bin) [player name data]
unnamed_00024.bin = (pd_data_license.bin) [collars and number info]
from my 0_text to the 0_text of the usual game, it should work, I'm still going to play it in free mcboot on usb of the ps2 console

@morodolarama1 Thanks man but it's still not working. I'm doing it the usual way through McBoot on my PS2. The game is selectable but just goes to a white screen. Nothing more. Did you re-upload it to the same location?

Just thought, could it be that being in the Uk means I can'y play Japanese PS2 games, even via McBoot?

Last edited:
@morodolarama1 Thanks man but it's still not working. I'm doing it the usual way through McBoot on my PS2. The game is selectable but just goes to a white screen. Nothing more. Did you re-upload it to the same location?

Just thought, could it be that being in the Uk means I can'y play Japanese PS2 games, even via McBoot?

you should try probably another japanese game, tested with OPL throght network and works fine, usually through USB (are you using that?) sometimes you need to do a defragmentation, i remember i had those issues back then

IMG-20230302-WA0017.jpg
Its works for me

My ps2 model is 50010 (it doesn't have a power transformer, it goes directly to the power), and here in South America everything that is ntsc-u and nothing from pal reaches us. (the main reason why I edit WE and not PES on ps2)
try another usb or a hard drive, don't forget to format in fat32 or look for a method that supports ntfs, for example I use a 64gb usb converted to fat32 or sometimes to test the games I use an external hard drive with cable also converted from ntfs to fat32 that passes the files faster. although there are methods to use it in ntfs.

greetings

Last edited:
Sometimes it's the OPL version @reinelt97
I prefers to use the "10th anniversary" than the very latest : more compatibility... But i didn't tried the game.

One solution which time to time works is going in "game setting" and check the case "skip videos", but i'm a bit unsure for your problem : i sometimes got a black screen and that trick work but the white screen is often linked to some games with modification....

OR for the most case i got that white scree issue : it's like my browser didn't downloaded completely the iso or i removed a bit too fast my HDD to put in in the USB from the PS2... So the issue is was always because i didn't waited enough in one side (ddl) or another (paste to my SSD)

Last edited:
Nothing related but even if i already said it, on my side i'm correcting some stuffs from the JL2008CC patch like i've said, and it take a bit much time that what i planned (if only those WE/PES United player didn't got, again another calculations... Already explained the issue (WE PES United players costs)
About the classics not appearing if they're not registered to a club, it's more a gift than an issue.

I will probably retouch some stuffs a bit weird on JLC2008CC patch, from my tates, some Emblems are a bit too dark (Man City, Liverpool et.), menus are important to me : i want it to looks like professional as it's one of my 2 favourite PS2 era without contest.

Also the Leagues logos a bit too "flat" and pixelated in comparison to others Emblems... Will try to found some others less pixelated. This time it's sure i will finish what i purpose ;)

PES 5 cause me issues more visually, the datase is clean.

Stiil, i'm renaming and putting their real names/faces, thanks from old Jap websites : https://w.atwiki.jp/jwe2008/
The SHOP section : https://w.atwiki.jp/jwe2008/pages/73.html

Last edited:
Got a patch with all kits for PES 5 ps2 version, WEMERICA if you remember:, his patch his feeling complete but far from homogenous and "PES 5 feeling". It's a compilation from everything he found. Transformed Japanese stadium in many of European ones, but not the overall structure : just the colors. Ain't a fan, + San Siro with a fluorescent green pitch lol, no please.

Even in 2005 it was criticised. And we know the (french) guys, he got banned from WEAREPES as he talked to people like ignorants but he was the real brain haha.

Fortunately, the most important (kits) made by community are great, same you can found on PC, so i will probably take it. As no O.F. got 2005/2006 season with accurate recreated kits. I tried just importing the graphical part, it worked directly (the original didn't), next week i'll probably only import kits.

And perhaps chose the fakes/real Stadium, like i don't remember Anfield recreated : for that i'm not agains't at all. Banners neither, even if it's often a bit random : i gives some good atmosphere around the pitch and you see them more than the global stadium in fact. One thing at at time, but it took me 10-15 minutes to import everything lol. Except the Logos from Leagues : They're probably in 0_TEXT or something like that.

You can't found it on the YT, but that's not what i'm searching for. Database is my priority (concern also faces)

Just some talk and words about Retro-patches etc., if you have something to say about i found it interesting, perhaps i'm the only one lol.

Plenty where greeat and feels like ONE game, Like all the WE6FE patch from that time, the original and also the "Club Edition" was awesome.
And others leaves an bad cheap tast in the mouth, "totally recreated" isn't or wasn't especially better / don't talk about current graphical patchs of course.

Last edited:
Wanted to ask you guys.. What are your favorite speed/duration settings to play realistic and fun matches in PES 2011?

Personally, I am playing with 0.94 speeder and 20 minute matches (PESEdit patch), but would like to hear your inputs. :TU:

Odd request but does anyone have or point me to a csv/excel list with squad numbers for the default/unedited teams on all PES & WE games for PS2?

I don't particularly want to go through each game manually noting them down or downloading loads of option files & editors to get them.

Main issue we all got = link are dead when we litterally need it the most lol.

Fortunately i found all i needed, except one or two translation in Brazilian, Spanish or Italian when i wanted it in English.
Also i posted a message on Reddit about WE5FE/PES1 kitmaker
Does anyone know what are the differences between ISS Pro Evo 2 and PES2 on PSX?
ON PSone? Rosters that's all.

Also to answer about it : i created a Reddit account and posted on that message. Then i searched his famous Google Drive and didn't founded it.

No joke, to me it was like something desperate to have those version edited, and in terms of replayability they're my favourite (less animation and freedom, but full Chess-Action football which stats matters the most) and i always through "ahhh if only there was a patchs for at least kits" even for PES 1.
WE5LE got J-League kits. No idea about the format, he seems to mod the IG kits by adding and changing stuffs, not completely replacing the kit pictures but with the version in game as a basis.

But 3 months later and nothing, i searched all twitter account with the name (there's one with the same name and PES on tweets, but no sign of patch or Drive), if there were a patch it should be available on WinningElevenGames or PesSoccerWorld at least, PESPatchs is more about new season patches.

EDIT/ I found his real kitmaker account, it's the well known Peda69. You can found is drive on that Twitter account, and there's every single kits for PES 1 and emblems for WE5 (they should be compatible, even with WE5FE...
There's also almost all kits for FOOTBALL KINGDOM :SHOCK:
You can ddl the game, i suppose with latest Fernando's translation, i don't know if he assigned kits on the ISO, for the fans ;) To me it's more because i'm a collector otherwhise i dont play it.

Now i got no idea how to edit that version. I'll see one day when i'm editing and tired of the usual things i did every day.

https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...3RGZTSEk?resourcekey=0-DXa0Jtr1L3PCXTX30NmdVg

Last edited:
Guys, i own the PES / WE5FE kits.
But i tried again and again during 2 and a half-3 hours. If one people found how to assign kits, a tutorial or something like that thanks :WORSHIP:

If i know how to do it, i will probably do all the rest i shouldn't took that much time. But some adverts :
-the "bin" files can't be unzlib
-There's images, i tried everything to put them with GGS, AFS explorer, DKZ and nothing seems to work.

We're not used to PES1 or WE5FE for kits... No joke WE5FE is the most balanced and the most "chess football" i loved so much that time.
Again thanks in advance and the link for is on my previous post ;) As long as you own PES1 the system for importing would (i don't feel it like it he past)

Thanks again. Having real kits for PES 1 or WE5FE was a dream for me lol, and i ain't joking 😍
But i tried so much on FILEDATA.AFS, the only one who takes textures in the game and or the game don't launch, or nothing changes :(
He said he will release an ISO but after around 3 months... I don't think he will.

Guys, i own the PES / WE5FE kits.
But i tried again and again during 2 and a half-3 hours. If one people found how to assign kits, a tutorial or something like that thanks :WORSHIP:

If i know how to do it, i will probably do all the rest i shouldn't took that much time. But some adverts :
-the "bin" files can't be unzlib
-There's images, i tried everything to put them with GGS, AFS explorer, DKZ and nothing seems to work.

We're not used to PES1 or WE5FE for kits... No joke WE5FE is the most balanced and the most "chess football" i loved so much that time.
Again thanks in advance and the link for is on my previous post ;) As long as you own PES1 the system for importing would (i don't feel it like it he past)

Thanks again. Having real kits for PES 1 or WE5FE was a dream for me lol, and i ain't joking 😍
But i tried so much on FILEDATA.AFS, the only one who takes textures in the game and or the game don't launch, or nothing changes :(
He said he will release an ISO but after around 3 months... I don't think he will.

I think you should use we picture decoder... But as i never worked on that game before im not so sure maybe @DiegoPino knows more about it

1st & 2nd goals are really interesting

Yep I agree both goals are new types of goals for me especially the sliding tackle one :D

That is what I like about this game, i have been playing it for over 10 years and yet still new situations including goals occur.

I think you should use we picture decoder... But as i never worked on that game before im not so sure maybe @DiegoPino knows more about it

Hi marqisspes6 :BYE: and Friends from evo-web :BYE:

if my English is ok, I think you need a way to extract all the data from we5 and we5fe.

For that you use a tool called Quickbms (http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm)

with that tool we can extrat and import all kits, and BMPS from game
If you need:

video tutorial to extract the data:

video tutorial to Import the data:

The Kits are very easy to edit, not remember but can edit all kits 100% to Licenced Kits. Not remember if we5 o we8 with that featuring.

If you need more information of extract, the user elrussiewe and other users provide information on how to do this process in winning eleven --> Winning Eleven Forum

Best Regards Friends :WASTED:

Talking about WE5FE (so PES 1 too) i saw a month ago a post on reedit showing teams with kits. One thing i've always searched for as a big fan of the 1st version / and even more WE5FE. He posted it 3 months ago, you can see pictures... Nothing about his "iso" or where to ddl it, not even an idea of his twitter.
Do you know him? Just take a look mate :

Me too, I've been looking for the WE 5 with kits for a long time. I never found any patches. The most I could do was apply translation... lol
So if you (or another user) ever get it, please share. Because, I would be happy to have it in the collection.

read previous post from yours @DiegoPino already explained how to do it
It was not what I was referring hermano. But, yeah, getting a patch ready. Because, things are not that simple. I'm not an editor/modder, although everything suggests that working with the program attached by DiegoPino is not difficult FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND EDITING. Besides, you need to get the kits (textures), from the 2001 season.

I would like someone here to qualify to help me translate we10 with the original casts of the Japanese game.

you have to just change the japanese name to the player's back name, there are more than 5000 players and it would take a while to finish.

Back
Top Bottom