The Retro-PES Corner

1676664759380.png

@Geez that's right. :) It's speedhack. First you have to open the corresponding .exe, then click on the top left screen button (game should be open at this point, and then just select the .exe from the list) , then you click on the speedhack and adjust your preferred speed. (depending on the game, I usually like to play anyhwere from 0.85 to 0.95 speed). :TU:

Last edited:
Not interested if it's on PC only...
Just discovered one thing about WE10LE : there's not only new faces but also transfers from summer complete... But i got really hard to like that version.

Also, i wanted to "replace" one face for another on PES 5, as i never checked but Luca Toni face is not the real one : it's Hyypia's face...
Same i think for Ibrahimovic, he got a sweden guy not in game.
So, i imported face/image to overwrite, and 1st i created 2 monsters with eyes and mouth not aligned, then the "old" face i overwrited is still on the database.

No idea how to import face on PS2 without special stuffs like faceservers / i don't know there's a name like that, but way too much time taking, i'm good with my corrected facebuilds for PS2 versions. I wanted to import some missing PES 6 or 2008 faces, as to me it's more fitting than super HQ faces.
For Messi, Ribery, Toni, Ibrahimovic, David Villa at least.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not so so important, just made 4 games and you see so rarely faces closer except when they argue with the referee... But as i decided to correct all completely wrong faces + assigning resembling boots like IRL : otherwise it would be an OF like the other, even if on the paper i already did a lot :

PES 5 OF current state >
-All stats for all players retouched from WE10 or PES 6 if not available (even Nations) / and converted for PES 5 (higher balance / logic is because they changed the + and - percentage regarding form for Balance attributes)
-All tactics recreated from september-october most used line-ups and formations (often the same as WE10 for tactic)
-Many faces recreated for almost all the most important players. Also done for 8 English teams + Milan, Inter, Juve, Barça, Real, Anderlecht (just because i did it on JLWE2007), and some others faces here and there
-A lot of errors corrected like CF which are RB in reality etc., i try to keep the same cost from ML
-Of course no duplicates, some interesting Free Agents

It's taking time but i'm editing in the same time on PES 2021. Would like to recopy Mobile and Efootball stats for all players, and create all transfers > AFC clubs too.
When i'm done with Premier League for PES 5, i open a thread to release first a beta with only the O.F. / I got WEMERICA patch for PES 5, but kits are similar as man made, only banners are a bit interesting but well... Database and players correction/faces first :TTTH:
It's the game essence, the true effect of reality if you re-create a max of lookalike players as well on the pitch and visually : Banners and all stuffs are cool but it's not with that that we're all playing!

My goal as i got time, is for at least one version / the one everyone like > PES 5 otherwhise i would have choosen PES 2008 lol / to create the most "healthy" database never made.
Ah also i will took a day or two to create Bayern and Werder on JL2008CC / but it's pretty annoying i can't figure it out the hairstyles corresponding to presets (Well we'll deal with it i will search later)
Then as i said, Chievo quickly for WE6FE, it's fast to do.

Last edited:
@millossobek thank you :)) it seems to have done the trick, PES 2009 is a little on the fast side for me.
That was the biggest issue on PS3. Otherwhise the game shouldn't be rated that awful. I tried on PC with 0.95 not even less (i could've but i decrease little by little) and it was already another game, another PES HD like PES 08-10. It was the only PES i didn't owned with PES 2012 as i never played those two that much... Because i didn't liked it at the time, and after retrying.

But after a second retry first without even touch the speed hack and i kinda liked that version. Much more by decreasing it after. But i got no idea where to place it. PES 2010 AI is far too weak so not interested, i would say 2008+- equal as PES 2009 and PES 2010 then. Don't thing AI mods can resolve PES 2010 "always on target" shooting. Sad because i like ALL the rest of what the game purpose.

Yes bro @Geez that's the biggest issue. Not that much the AI is super simple, but it's just too easy to score, i feel when i playing that i don't try to shoot on target, but somewhere on the goal lol

That was the biggest issue on PS3. Otherwhise the game shouldn't be rated that awful. I tried on PC with 0.95 not even less (i could've but i decrease little by little) and it was already another game, another PES HD like PES 08-10. It was the only PES i didn't owned with PES 2012 as i never played those two that much... Because i didn't liked it at the time, and after retrying.

But after a second retry first without even touch the speed hack and i kinda liked that version. Much more by decreasing it after. But i got no idea where to place it. PES 2010 AI is far too weak so not interested, i would say 2008+- equal as PES 2009 and PES 2010 then. Don't thing AI mods can resolve PES 2010 "always on target" shooting. Sad because i like ALL the rest of what the game purpose.
Right, exactly bro. 2009 with the decreased speed plays like a completely different game, I've found it quite enjoyable TBH!

2010 is an entirely different case. The vanilla game is a bit on the easy side, but with some gameplay mods the difficulty is definitely better. I absolutely LOVE the lighting (color palette) and the depth of the ML in 2010, the only issue I have with it (even after the gp mod), is that it is quite difficult to dispossess the CPU, like they retain possession a bit too much. This is the gameplay mod that I use for PES 2010 (courtesy of jenkey) which significantly improves the difficulty, even if some other gameplay issues remain. But other than those issues, like you say, the game has a lot of good points, IMO especially the presentation. :TU:With speeder, 2008, 2009, and 2010 are very underappreciated titles like @Geez mentioned!

Hey guys, would any of you happen to know of a nice re-shader for PES 2013 PC? I've been looking for one that does not make colors too strong or fluorescent, but more natural looking, kind of like replicate PES 2010 lighting if possible.. Thanks in advance.

@millossobek i think if it was possible, the mod should be available since a long time :(
PES 2010 lighting got probably a different process, and it's perhaps also the whole colors palette... I don't know.
There's so much PES 2013 mods, i'm sure you will found more or less what you're searching for mate ;) BUT i doubt about PES 2010 Unique lighting.

But perhaps if you're searching some colors mod or lighting mod, you will found what you're searching. The issue is some are too old and links are dead. Got often that joke.

Like i founded WE 2008 on PS3, an option file with it, but impossible to start. I've heard that the game is a bit better than the PES 2008 Euro version. Then it was by curiosity.

On my side if someone could help me : i want to replace some Preset faces on PES 5 like i said before.
Here's what i do > i choose an IG preset face i won't use anymore. Then i replace it with PES 6 faces. I did it for Ibrahimovic, Luca Toni, Ribery.
Results : the guys seems to got 4 eyes : the older eyes from the older preset + the newer preset with his eyes height.

I see tons of patchs on PS2 with facebuild changed. Not even ones with faceservers or whatever... Patchs dating from 2006 etc.

I just tried with GGS : got bad results.
So the big question is :
How i replace a Preset face by another one on PES 5 ? Thanks in advance.

About reshade @millossobek , i like that one 1.2 ultime, then the "natural version" which seems rare : i don't know if you tried the first already as it's recent and seems to be pretty known.

Then also another doesn't look bad neither. But i don't know if it's a shader, image is a bit blurry.

But it's very hard to judge on vids : you'd have to try. I don't know how to save the older shader. I checked PES 2010 on YT and i didn't saw on most vids that super lighting we can get on PC or even console, without changing nothing.
Of course you need to install and check with your own settings/parameters. For example i put the grass more green on PES 2011 if i remember (when i think we could do that in the past lol)

@vialli82 Thanks a lot bro! I'm going to check them out, I like the second one especially as it looks quite natural. :TU: That's exactly what I'm looking for as sometimes I think PES 2013 lacks a little bit in the shading department, as the tones are sometimes too similar and monotone.. Probably won't get 2010 beautiful style graphics but looking from the vids, it looks like quite an improvement!

Actually giving 2013 a second chance. The first time around I played it with an earlier DLC and it felt too slingshot. But now, playing with the latest versions and DLC's (as well as with -2 speed), the game actually feels more balanced.

Yes the second was my favourite too, but i don't know if it's just a turf mod or a specific shader.
@millossobek don't be disappointed if it's a mod for colors only... I hope not.

As i got that result when i wrote "reshade" on YT on the around the followin 5 or 6 vids, i hope it act also on lighting etc.
Tell me if that's change a lot. I would try it too :)

Otherwhise i replayed PES 2009 smoke patch, probably the kitservers but i was "Wow" regarding the graphims/colors tone and lighting. Almost like PES 2010. No idea if it's vanilla as the last time i tried i don't remember but it was without any patch.

And... I didn't felt that game that fast. Probably because i'm playing on PS2 currently and let's admit it : PES golden era was very dynamic, not ultra fast. But to me PES 2009 without changing speed was totally OK, not faster than WE8LE for example, also less fast than WE10...
No idea if it's better than PES 2008 PC, but the animations transitions yes : it feels a small bit less rigid when you turn. Not FIFA's 8 direction Level but well.

I don't remember if on the 08-10 versions you can change the speed in game. I think (aint sure at all) you could on the second PS3 PES part, 2011-2013.

Off thread : i plugged my PS3 yesterday to add some games i DDL. PES 2009 didn't worked and WE 2008 neither... Really wanted to have the second especially but it gives me an error. Whatever, it was to try. Now the real off thread : i tried FIFA 08 since a long time. Well, there's only 8 directions too but with the animations transitions you got the feeling to move to 360 degree lol. I spend a good time playing it, better than in my memories.

The ball physics is special, looks like rubber a bit but i prefers it than some post version. It's not giving a super feeling while shooting... But it's resolved in FIFA 11 console version. They listenned to fans before when you see between two version all they added and corrected :(
But i still take FIFA 08 even more restricted as a different game, both are fun and bugs free.

Last edited:

@vialli82 Yes! Smoke patch for PES 2009 is actually quite well done I think. :) And the game, even though not as beautiful as PES 2010, still does have really good lighting! Here is a short video of my current Werder Bremen save in 2009, when I won the 2nd division title. :) I really like the lighting in this one..

Also an entire match under heavily rainy conditions, also from my 2009 Werder Bremen story.. It actually looks quite good! Also you can take a look vialli bro at the speed (I believe I am playing with 0.87 or 0.88 speed using cheatengine, I think in 08-10 you can't change the in-game speed so you have to use an external tool), I think this is quite a nice speed to play at for this edition! :TU:

Does anyone know where to find the official patches for PES 3 - PES 6 from Konami? Or, which games did have official patches?

Just a question :
-I saw a tool with all that should be wrote in the game was on the X files.
And i would like to change the name freely, as you can't for some option file (Others Leagues A B C for example)

Is there a most easy way to do it? I think to assign my created Bundesliga instead of Eredivisie as an option A on 2008 version (probably JL2008) and another which keep eredivisie at the same place.

For Other C? As it's practically impossible to rectify the players price, perhaps later i may built or a league, or a competition like Libertadores, or an historical package which is better to play on League or Cup mode... IF i still got the envy of course lol.
Not below 1990-92 as i was too young, played football but didn't carried about it excext Italy NT and Juve a bit (but only on international league).

Last edited:
pcsx2 2023-02-22 03-41-49-24.jpgpcsx2 2023-02-22 03-23-32-38.jpg
pcsx2 2023-02-22 03-24-44-87.jpgpcsx2 2023-02-16 00-42-14-98.jpg
pcsx2 2023-02-22 03-34-04-68.jpgpcsx2 2023-02-16 00-42-07-66.jpg

(2005) Winning Eleven 8 Final Evolution (18th anniversary) [2004-05]
https://www.mediafire.com/file/am0k6ync3fufff0/(2005)+Winning+Eleven+8+Liveware+Evolution.ISO/file
(18th anniversary) A tribute to reefur patch as a database, I have left the backgrounds and original music of the game, and the best kits from the 'la vuelta del lobo' ported from pc to ps2! teams and nationals of the 2004-05 season

Optional and necessary: all names corrected and some faces corrected
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2x4q...W.Eleven8LE_Option_F._%28EB4F8704%29.max/file

Last edited:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/am0k6ync3fufff0/(2005)+Winning+Eleven+8+Liveware+Evolution.ISO/file
(18th anniversary) A tribute to reefur patch as a database, I have left the backgrounds and original music of the game, and the best kits from the 'la vuelta del lobo' ported from pc to ps2! teams and nationals of the 2004-05 season

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2x4q...OPT+W.Eleven8LE+Option+F.+(EB4F8704).max/file
That's really cool, I loved those REal Madrid fonts and no patch seems to be able to reflect this correctly, how did you do this, Does those fonts replace a font in the editor or something?

Anyone has tutorials/guides on kit relinking for PES 6 and newer versions on PS2? It's one of the things I could never figure out in the past, I want to create a complete 2012 PS2 ISO to play some ML :)

I wanted to ask @nesa24 who made the camera mod a question about editing in game cameras on PC. The work he did with efootball 2021 camera was amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ View attachment 199234⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the release of Winning Eleven 7/Pro Evolution Soccer 3 which itself was a major milestone in the series as the game moved to a new game engine and set the course for the series dominance in the football video game market for the next 5 years. Later on February 17th 2004, Winning Eleven 7 International was released as a Sony PlayStation 2 exclusive in Japan. Not to be confused by the North American release which shared the same release date and name (which was in fact just the NTSC-U release of PES 3) the Japanese version of Winning Eleven 7 International is considered by most to be the best version, a final evolution release of sorts with many bugfixes and improvements including for example improved player responsiveness and fluidity and a reduction in handball calls from the ref.

I have taken the original Japanese ISO and together with an assortment of different patches from the likes of Redux, Wendetta and Xpatch/WeFantasy have created a new and improved release of the game for you to all enjoy. :)

Patch Details:
  • Database based on the Redux 3.0 patch including transfers and lineups up to date as of February 2004. The following teams have been replaced - Latvia replaces Hungary, Middlesborough replaces West Ham, VFB Stuttgart replaces PES United and Sampdoria replaces WE United. All stats have been returned back to their original default values as intended by Konami based on the original release. In the event that a team or player was not included in the original version of the game I have used the stats from either PES 4 or PES 5 to keep it as close to the original developers intent as possible.
  • The patch has been applied to all languages in the game - unlike other patches which only worked either in English, Japanese or Italian.
  • *Please note however the following - in game text is available in the following languages - English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish. In game commentary is only available in the following languages - English, French and Japanese. If you select either German, Italian or Spanish audio you will have English commentary as default (this can be changed in game to either French or Japanese also) but unfortunately German/Italian/Spanish commentary could not be added without it impacting the games stability.
  • All teams have their official kits - including all national, club, classic and all-star teams - imported from Redux, Xpatch and Wendetta patches.
  • High LOD fix applied to the SLPM file.
  • Ball cursor removed.
  • New blue powerbar.
  • Official matchballs - adidas Fevernova and adidas Finale.
  • New adboards.
  • Bootpack imported from a variety of patches.
  • Official referee kits.
  • Official goalkeeper gloves.
  • Chants included for a variety of national and club teams.
  • Player names, country and club names corrected.
  • New scoreboard - imported from Wendetta patch.
  • Added generic last names to referees that were missing one.
  • Uefa Champions League entrance music for matches.
  • Restored PES 3 highlight song.
  • Fixed stadium names and some have new texture files.
  • Additional callnames added e.g. Merseyside Red has been changed to Liverpool etc.
Download Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qw71cbrclfukbh2/Winning_Eleven_7_International.7z/file

I would like to thank the various patch teams for their original work as well as @vialli82 for helping to fix some of the incorrect player names.

Please download the latest nightly build of PCSX2 from here:

https://pcsx2.net/downloads/#nightly-anchor - Select the QT AVX2 release for Windows 10/11.

Ensure you apply the included Widescreen Patch to the appropriate folder in PCSX2 (I believe its cheats_ws and ensure 16:9 aspect ratio as well as cheats and widescreen patches are enabled in the emulator settings). You will know the widescreen patch has been applied properly as you will see a popup in the top left corner saying 'widescreen patches enabled'. Without this you will end up playing the game in stretched 16:9 and this causes the game to play at a higher speed than normal. Also ensure Optimal Frame Pacing is turned on to reduce any input latency.

To import save file data and option files to your virtual PCSX2 memory card please download MyMc from here:

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/
I get crashes with your patch. After creating a new ML campaign, the game will crash after getting through the Northern/Southern League cutscene and kick me out to the PS2 memcard browser screen

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2x4q...OPT+W.Eleven8LE+Option+F.+(EB4F8704).max/file
(2004) Winning Eleven 8 (Original game translated english) [2003-2004]
Clean game with fernando's translation and default 2003-04 squads
https://www.mediafire.com/file/j7nw09esfkmloq5/(2004)+Winning+Eleven+8.iso/file

Optional: option file with corrected numbers, faces and team squads, kickers and captains
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ngd8...PT+WS_________8+_________+(C28D53BE).max/file

Oh God! Guess who'll spend his time without sleeping after pulling an all-nighter, tonight?
Thank you so much, it looks so well made. I also have an idea of implementing the option file to the ISO, but I still don't get how to get them. Probably the puzzling hex-edit and cheat engine will help me again this time.

There is no way. The only one is to use adams06 pesfan editors, with this you can easily copy and paste player stats from PES 6 OF to PES 2008 OF. And you have to do this with every player. If we are talking about the PS2 version of PES 2008, of course.
Thanks! Yes, I talk about PRS 2008 ps2 version. I would like to copy some stats from PES 6 option file into 2008.I only found copy stats function in PES5 editor, there is also a version of fan editor for PES 6 that has this possibility?

Thanks! Yes, I talk about PRS 2008 ps2 version. I would like to copy some stats from PES 6 option file into 2008.I only found copy stats function in PES5 editor, there is also a version of fan editor for PES 6 that has this possibility?
Sure, all of adams06 editors (PES6, PES5, PES 2008 PS2) with copy&paste stats function are in this archive:

Attachments

• adams06_pesfan_editors.zip
    991.4 KB · Views: 14
I get crashes with your patch. After creating a new ML campaign, the game will crash after getting through the Northern/Southern League cutscene and kick me out to the PS2 memcard browser screen

I just tested the game and have no crashes. Started a new ML campaign first in the Northern League. Game loaded fine, cutscene showed fine, fixtures loaded, match loaded and played to the final whistle, negotiations loaded fine and the next match too. Tried the same with the Southern League and all fine there too.

Please ensure you downloaded the ISO again as I had updated it a few weeks ago to fix any crashes in Cup, League and Master League mode. Also this needs to be played on an emulator not real hardware as I have changed the LOD levels which may crash the game on actual PS2 hardware. If I get time I will release a version that is compatible with official PS2 hardware.

Back
Top Bottom