The Retro-PES Corner

Talking about PES 2008, is there a way to quickly convert PES 6 Option File into PES 2008?

Nope, most pes games have the same issue/good thing, different quantity of players and teams, i have made a version of the of team editor but for pes2008, you can use pes fan editor by peterc10 or lazanet to export the pes6 of into csv then import back to pes2008 (of course previously making the needed changes)

I’ve actually been playing Pes 5 & 6 recently, great games. Don’t complain about getting penalties when I can play 3 whole seasons of Master League and not get 1 😀. 👍🏻

Maybe it has to do with playstyle? I usually get a good number of penalties as well, at least in Pes 5. It's funny cause I was messing a bit with the Original Season patch the other day and already had like two in three games :P

@Hayes Even though the most complete Master Leagues are 2010-11 I believe, the most unique experience IMO is offered by either PES 2018-2019 or PES 2021, for different reasons. PES 2018-2019 have the challenge mode, which means that your hold on the job is quite unstable and depends a lot on your performance, which adds a very tension-like experience to the whole ML. In terms of 2021, you can have star players refusing contract extensions, which also makes ML different.

Then again if you really want to go with something out of the ordinary you can play PES 2013 with the boots skill system, which I don't like, but it is still unique to that installment. :LOL:

Last edited:
hey guys, i have a question about ps2 pes/we games, from pes2008 i see the mode community, what it is this mode? also i saw it on pes2009, it is online?

Edit: was pes2008 the last ps2 pes with online mode?
Community was an offline mode. It could track statistics of games between you and your friends. It was really interesting if you played a lot of games. Me and some friends had hundreds of games so the data was pretty cool to look back on. It also awarded certain titles to players. You could be something like the Free Kick Master if you scored the most free kicks for example.

In your Opinion, which PES is most unique ML content ? I'm not talking about most complete one

Tagging you @slamsoze , i'm planning to play ML again, lol :D
I loved the official Champions League licence from PES 2010 on PS2. After all those years without it, it was weird hearing the iconic anthem and seeing all the UEFA graphics years after the PS2’s heyday.

hey guys, i have a question about ps2 pes/we games, from pes2008 i see the mode community, what it is this mode? also i saw it on pes2009, it is online?

Edit: was pes2008 the last ps2 pes with online mode?
It was an offline mode, it was like a room basically, you had to create an avatar or profile with your settings, like in PES 2012, so let's say you create the avatar Marquis.

Then, let's say i am "your friend" , and i create an Avatar named Slam.

Now next time we will go into the community and choose participants, we can play friendly matches, and the community menu will keep records of our matches, statistics, IIRC it had some graphs, it was very nice.

You could also play a type of cup, but each participant should be an avatar/profile. Its not like the KONAMI Cup, where you can be 2 friends and just set tournaments users to 32 and play all matches, having each person 16 teams, that's what we used to do.

Well in community, IIRC we never tried it at full, but we had to create 32 profiles, in order to play this, i dont even recall if the community allowed so much profiles, my memory has faded on this.

But the resume is, for a semi casual, semi competitive, setting, it was a good choice, if you were 2-3-4 friends and wanted to play some exhibition matches among you, with stats keeping tracked.

Another case , where i wonder why they complete scraped it, instead of evolving it.
I mean even today in modern PES, i know people that play casual matches, online or offline couch, and keep their results in mobile apps, or Excel sheets, while with community, it was just there 😅

Last edited:
In your Opinion, which PES is most unique ML content ? I'm not talking about most complete one

Tagging you @slamsoze , i'm planning to play ML again, lol :D
Wel purely ML content, i would say as @millossobek , 2010 & 2011 hands down. Financial management, staff management, best training menu in the series, only behind the PES 5 or 4 ML summer camp (for those who remember). Only cons, you can't change clubs (KoNAMi why) and IIRC you can't make trade transfers, only buy or loan.

Then it's ML 2012 with the complicated communication system with players, but for me the training system was completely destroyed for no obvious reason (konami why), someone may not bother, for me having freedom to expand your players in new positions and traits and focused allocation is thr No1 for training.

And then 2012 is still a mystery in many aspects,for example ot has some missions the boss assigns to you, and there is a trust leter graphic, but i dont know what happens if you fail, since AFAIK there wasn't a change club or get fired option, so maybe Game Over? Maybe lower budget? Maybe nothing?

Them it's 2009 and 2008, which has the player/club fame-reputation rating, building up some RPG element in team transfers and management.

And then something between PES 2018 or 2019, where it more play-make transfers smd nothing else except for some club boss missions again , nothing close to 2012 , more halfarsed here, but at least it does exist and is checkable, especially 2018 has some interesting Team Info screen, with a lot of details, like W/D/L stats, team bias, 4 key players, your boss trust, etc.

Here it is, not compated to past games tracking options, but it something compared to nothing.

Last edited:
It was an offline mode, it was like a room basically, you had to create an avatar or profile with your settings, like in PES 2012, so let's say you create the avatar Marquis.

Then, let's say i am "your friend" , and i create an Avatar named Slam.

Now next time we will go into the community and choose participants, we can play friendly matches, and the community menu will keep records of our matches, statistics, IIRC it had some graphs, it was very nice.

You could also play a type of cup, but each participant should be an avatar/profile. Its not like the KONAMI Cup, where you can be 2 friends and just set tournaments users to 32 and play all matches, having each person 16 teams, that's what we used to do.

Well in community, IIRC we never tried it at full, but we had to create 32 profiles, in order to play this, i dont even recall if the community allowed so much profiles, my memory has faded on this.

But the resume is, for a semi casual, semi competitive, setting, it was a good choice, if you were 2-3-4 friends and wanted to play some exhibition matches among you, with stats keeping tracked.

Another case , where i wonder why they complete scraped it, instead of evolving it.
I mean even today in modern PES, i know people that play casual matches, online or offline couch, and keep their results in mobile apps, or Excel sheets, while with community, it was just there 😅

So, I play a competition with my brother using all the teams in the game, we do our own draw, and play exhibition matches, so far it has taken us over 2 years. Would Community Mode be any benefit to us? :D

By the way here are the results so far since July 2020...

I am (g) and my brother is (a)

and from the First Round:

• If you select the date - you get the goals from the games played on that day.
  • If you select the match number - you get the highlights from that match.
  • If you select the goal time - you can watch the goal, the same for red cards, and penalties.

Attachments

• LEWS ALL COMERS CUP 2020-?.pdf
    263.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hey guys, hope you're having a good weekend. :) I've been looking everywhere for a patch (preferably PES 6, but any PES would do) which features "lesser known leagues" only.

Basically, taking a cue from the great Amador patch, I've been really wanting to play a Master League which doesn't feature any well known stars, and only focuses on low to medium-rated players.

I think the only solution would be to find a patch which doesn't feature the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A etc.. But only has for example, Balkan Leagues + Greece + Romania for example, or only Asian Leagues.

In the vast universe of PES patches, I'm sure there must be one that has this kind of setup, but it's quite hard to find. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hey guys, hope you're having a good weekend. :) I've been looking everywhere for a patch (preferably PES 6, but any PES would do) which features "lesser known leagues" only.

Basically, taking a cue from the great Amador patch, I've been really wanting to play a Master League which doesn't feature any well known stars, and only focuses on low to medium-rated players.

I think the only solution would be to find a patch which doesn't feature the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A etc.. But only has for example, Balkan Leagues + Greece + Romania for example, or only Asian Leagues.

In the vast universe of PES patches, I'm sure there must be one that has this kind of setup, but it's quite hard to find. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

I have never seen something like that, mostly because the main reason is they put always well known players and leagues to get more users, but if i know someone who knows everything of pes6 patches and have them is @Ahg37

So, I play a competition with my brother using all the teams in the game, we do our own draw, and play exhibition matches, so far it has taken us over 2 years. Would Community Mode be any benefit to us? :D

By the way here are the results so far since July 2020...

I am (g) and my brother is (a)

and from the First Round:

• If you select the date - you get the goals from the games played on that day.
  • If you select the match number - you get the highlights from that match.
  • If you select the goal time - you can watch the goal, the same for red cards, and penalties.
The games between you and your brother would be tracked, as exhibition games. I don't even remember if you can check the paper stats for each individual match, after a while, except maybe for the last 10 or something matches. But there is a summary of you stats and the results of course.

For the competition part, you could try some lifehack inside the community, like having more than one profiles/avatars and play something like Confederations Cup, with 2 groups of 4 teams, if it's possible of course. But this would defy the purpose of community, and would split your stats among your own avatars, even if you name your avatars G1, G2, G3, G4 and your brother B1, B2 , etc, you again have to summarize on paper or on Excel the results to see whose Better, G1+G2+etc or B1+B2+etc.

And again IIRC, if you play as intented , with 2 profiles only, Geee and Brooo, if you play an in-community cup-tour, you'll have your 2 teams and the rest willbe COM controlled, which assuming by the tournaments i did with my friends back then , is a no-go.

For sure it is not as detailed as the way you keep your stats, with dates and highlights etc. Amd you need to keep the competition tracking somewhere else, like you do now.

EDIT: Just checked the video you posted, and i understand that it allows up to 4 players, it's up to PS2 standards maximum of 4 players. But it includes a lot of interesting stats being tracked, that cannot replace the format you have with your brother, but can help as a companion to your already project.

And the titles like @ToZanarkand said accuratelly, are some good extra cheese.

Last edited:
Sums up perfectly why I love PES 5 so much. My biggest complaint is that I get awarded too many soft penalties. It always seems like contact is penalised harsher for the AI in the box. I never seem to give away penalties.

I'd love to play some PES 5 online but I honestly have no idea how I'd go about doing that. Do you have a guide for what I'd need to do?
Yes, I have a guide in my discord and I suggest you to join at least one of them to find players and receive support. Sadly, 99% of online players (an inflated percentage that does not reflect in any way the PES 5 vs 6 debate) are on PES 6, so it's important to get in touch with such groups of players unless you want to wait hours and hours online to play one match. This is the world PES 5 + 6 (Indie) server https://discord.gg/sP4wGjgVDp (the most popular for PES 6 is "6 stars" though) and this is my European "Pro Evo 4 (EU)" group https://discord.gg/y9Aj4U6FKK. It's named like this because we started with playing PES 4 exclusively (I really have a crush on it) also for simplicity (it's the only one which supports TCP/IP) and then we expanded to PES 5 (we're playing it a lot) and PES 6 for occasional 2v2's. Just yesterday I discovered that also ISS games and WE2002 are perfectly playable online without any Parsec so I added that possibility, although it seems significantly more complicated to setup than PES 4-6. My basic idea, since PES 5 will hardly have the number of online players of PES 6, is to focus on quality instead of quantity. So one should join regional/continental groups in order to play with a lower ping. PES 5 is very playable under 100 ms of ping and feels almost like offline under 50 ms, but this is something achievable only if we live relatively near. So join a group, and if there is no one, start with creating it. Invite friends, colleagues, post links!

A great alternative to what I'm looking for is the English PES 6 Option File created by my friend @mattmid. (Hopefully he will be back to the forum and hope he's doing well). This is a great OF which has at least 4 divisions of English Football, and so I'll probably start an ML with mixed English teams, it's one of the closest ones to "mid level teams" that I've found, and the inclusion of EPL makes it a complete experience! :) :TU:

Maybe it has to do with playstyle? I usually get a good number of penalties as well, at least in Pes 5. It's funny cause I was messing a bit with the Original Season patch the other day and already had like two in three games :P
I’d missed out that it’s Pes 21 I can play 3 seasons in and not get a penalty, I get a few in Pes 5 & 6. 😄

Wel purely ML content, i would say as @millossobek , 2010 & 2011 hands down. Financial management, staff management, best training menu in the series, only behind the PES 5 or 4 ML summer camp (for those who remember). Only cons, you can't change clubs (KoNAMi why) and IIRC you can't make trade transfers, only buy or loan.

Then it's ML 2012 with the complicated communication system with players, but for me the training system was completely destroyed for no obvious reason (konami why), someone may not bother, for me having freedom to expand your players in new positions and traits and focused allocation is thr No1 for training.

And then 2012 is still a mystery in many aspects,for example ot has some missions the boss assigns to you, and there is a trust leter graphic, but i dont know what happens if you fail, since AFAIK there wasn't a change club or get fired option, so maybe Game Over? Maybe lower budget? Maybe nothing?

Them it's 2009 and 2008, which has the player/club fame-reputation rating, building up some RPG element in team transfers and management.

And then something between PES 2018 or 2019, where it more play-make transfers smd nothing else except for some club boss missions again , nothing close to 2012 , more halfarsed here, but at least it does exist and is checkable, especially 2018 has some interesting Team Info screen, with a lot of details, like W/D/L stats, team bias, 4 key players, your boss trust, etc.

Here it is, not compated to past games tracking options, but it something compared to nothing.

Think i'll go with 08 or 09. Can't play 12, game is too fast for me.

Last edited:
View attachment 202245View attachment 202246
View attachment 202247View attachment 202248
a patch tribute wendetta and wedoit converted to original backgrounds and original music with remastered adboards based on the 2002 world cup, featuring the 2002-03 team rosters and featuring the fevernova ball

Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution 20th anniversary
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zsw6f3ekxdbl8id/(2003)+Winning+Eleven+6+Final+Evolution.iso/file
It would be great if we could port this to the GameCube version one day.

a patch tribute wendetta and wedoit converted to original backgrounds and original music with remastered adboards based on the 2002 world cup, featuring the 2002-03 team rosters and featuring the fevernova ball

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zsw6f3ekxdbl8id/(2003)+Winning+Eleven+6+Final+Evolution.iso/file
Great work 👍. I look forward to trying this out later 🙂.

I know it's a simple thing, but look how beautiful the scoreboard and name plates are. Lower case after capital letter and clean design, worlds away from shouting letters and eyesore colours now.

Back
Top Bottom