The Retro-PES Corner

@Fabri55 : the only thing i should purpose to you is if you don't have already is the camera custom modifier : you'll see the game with less rigidity and more deep, i don't know but it was a game changer for me. Now it's the only game objectively i can said without shame from PS3 era "it's a good game", i like personally plenty of others version especially with the recoil and without waiting a revolution : so i take the game as a full product. Like PES 2008 PS2 which is not that awful at all. Some will like 2009 or 2010 but i'm more on that version as it's looks more like a PS2 HD with a special AI which makes you change your playing style etc.

@millossobek posted it not so long ago but weirdly i can't found his post : there's also cam changer for PES 2012, 2013, i don't have it for PES 2014 as camera angle wasn't an issue.

https://pespatchs.com/2011/04/pes-2011-camera-settings-tool-v-1-6-0-by-mxsonic.html

Yes @etb10dmk i already mentionned the 1000 patch for PES 6, and PES 6 only. Probably as it's the last from the era, i don't know.
But you can still found patch from older version here and there each year. But especially in South America and Italy they're all about PES 6. I would like to try a real modded version and not by stats but from the engine etc. which make the game more realistic etc.

But one thing i through, is that the evolution should be much, much more enhanced since 20 years. I don't know, taking PES 6 360 graphisms. Or revamp animations etc., practically transform the game but not, it's more cosmetic and all about faces in HQ that i don't really care PC or PS2 version. I could even said i ain't a fan at all and even prefers a good option file with a good worked database.

Last edited:
@vialli82 This is the post, but strangely, it seems like the camera mod in the website was removed. But no worries, the one you posted works exactly the same, in fact I think it is a more modern version. One thing I love about this mod is that it also enables PES 2010 camera in 2011, which is one of my favorite retro cameras ever, with the higher angle. :TU:

Since i zoomed a bit the cam and put it higher. If i remember well i was a bit lost that time to "retrieve" my first settings with 2 or 3 pretty good cameras. Then i keeped only one (the one that looks very low).
But the tools gives you very different results regarding the "base" camera you're trying to mod. Especially angle and the cam turn differently. I ain't a fan of too much angle, visually it's looking pretty good but i just can't play when there's practically 30 degree in more than in the middle. I still don't get how people can play like this especially in manual lol. Must be an habit (if you can get used to that..)

🌟 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 View attachment 167907🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

After some delays due to bug fixing the option file, here is J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship fully patched and translated into English.
Originally released in Japan on August 2nd 2007 as a PlayStation 2 exclusive - JLWE2007CC represents in some ways a Final Evolution version of PES 6 with gameplay being a mixture of PES 6 and PES 2008 (which was released only a couple of months after). The game is also the first one in the series to offer a Fantasista or Become a Legend mode.

Download link:

https://sharemods.com/ots8susrarbj/J.League_Winning_Eleven_2007_Club_Championship.zip.html

Patch Details:
  • Fully translated from Japanese into English. I took the base of Fernando's v1.5 English translation and added further English translated text to hundreds of untranslated strings. This was done with a combination of Google and Apple translation apps. Please note due to the nature of the computational translation software, there may be some sentences that do not make grammatical or contextual sense, and in some instances text may appear outside of their respective boxes due to word count and text size not being fully observed due to translating from Japanese to English, but for the most part you will be able to understand and read the text fine. Huge props to Fernando as this must have taken ages back in the day without these kinds of apps.
  • Imported club emblems, league and competition logos, balls, adboards, textures, banners, scoreboards and turf from an assortment of different patches including from the following teams: Wendetta, Brazukas and WE11 teams.
  • Additional sound files e.g. UEFA Champions League theme for competitions and PES 3 highlight theme for replay playback.
  • Option file kits based on @vialli82 and Wendetta option file, further updated with improvements and assignments as well as brand sponsors - Please note kits may not be 100% accurate due to logo import restrictions and other factors.
I want to give thanks to the following people:

@fernando - for his amazing translation that was used as a base and for all his hard work in previous patches over the last 20 years.
@vialli82 - for his fantastic option file that he worked on and improved and for his importing of faces and testing.
@marqisspes6 - for helping to support us with the development of an Option File editor for the J.League versions of Winning Eleven.
@morodolarama1 - for helping me by providing a partial AFS map for the game.
@Shales - for his support and providing downloads for a large number of previous titles.
@kerim - for offering to help link kits.

Please download the latest nightly build of PCSX2 from here:

https://pcsx2.net/downloads/#nightly-anchor - Select the QT AVX2 release for Windows 10/11.

Ensure you apply the included Widescreen Patch to the appropriate folder in PCSX2 (I believe its cheats_ws and ensure 16:9 aspect ratio as well as cheats and widescreen patches are enabled in the emulator settings). You will know the widescreen patch has been applied properly as you will see a popup in the top left corner saying '4 widescreen patches enabled'. Without this you will end up playing the game in stretched 16:9 and this causes the game to play at a higher speed than normal. Also ensure Optimal Frame Pacing is turned on to reduce any input latency.

To import save file data and option files to your virtual PCSX2 memory card please download MyMc from here:

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/
Can you reupload please? File Not Found

I found vid with on guy "YERRY" who have unlocked the special hairstyle.
But he don't share or told how. Hate that kind of posture... He shows the thing but keep it for himself.

Edit: i also heard there was an iso for JL2008CC with special hairstyle patched, so unlocked. But it was impossible to ddl or to found, i think it's the well known "Bomba patch" version XX

I wanted to work both on JL2008CC and Finish PES 5 (it's done, i got a global check to do about data and faces)
So, put to Ribery his real hair, but i got no idea how does it work on others games after PES 2009 or 2010 don't remember :
> The face number = The Special Hairstyle 2 number. So super simple to assign.

If i remember well, i've readed on Winning-eleven-games that you got to make a +1500 or a weird thing like that in comparison to his Preset number (don't do that : just invented it from nowhere lol, just to explain).

Well, same shit as PES 2008 : there's TONS of hidden custom hairstyles on JL2008 but you can't use them to complete the real player.
Pretty ironic.
It was for Bayern players so importants one, if you have an idea how to found the corresponding hair with the preset number... It would be awesome.

Last edited:
@Fabri55 : the only thing i should purpose to you is if you don't have already is the camera custom modifier : you'll see the game with less rigidity and more deep, i don't know but it was a game changer for me. Now it's the only game objectively i can said without shame from PS3 era "it's a good game", i like personally plenty of others version especially with the recoil and without waiting a revolution : so i take the game as a full product. Like PES 2008 PS2 which is not that awful at all. Some will like 2009 or 2010 but i'm more on that version as it's looks more like a PS2 HD with a special AI which makes you change your playing style etc.

@millossobek posted it not so long ago but weirdly i can't found his post : there's also cam changer for PES 2012, 2013, i don't have it for PES 2014 as camera angle wasn't an issue.

https://pespatchs.com/2011/04/pes-2011-camera-settings-tool-v-1-6-0-by-mxsonic.html

Yes @etb10dmk i already mentionned the 1000 patch for PES 6, and PES 6 only. Probably as it's the last from the era, i don't know.
But you can still found patch from older version here and there each year. But especially in South America and Italy they're all about PES 6. I would like to try a real modded version and not by stats but from the engine etc. which make the game more realistic etc.

But one thing i through, is that the evolution should be much, much more enhanced since 20 years. I don't know, taking PES 6 360 graphisms. Or revamp animations etc., practically transform the game but not, it's more cosmetic and all about faces in HQ that i don't really care PC or PS2 version. I could even said i ain't a fan at all and even prefers a good option file with a good worked database.
Thanks for the tip.
The tool is definitely interesting, now I have to find a good set :))

About patch, i ain't sure i'm using the same as you... Is it the very latest from the 2010-11 season? Let me take a look...
-PES 2011 > PESEDIT 2.3 patch
-PES 2012 > PESEDIT 4.0 + 4.1 fix
-PES 2013 > PESEDIT 3.8 patch

If you don't have it, i will try to upload tomorrow, not all at once as i'm out on afternoon.

Both are of course before summers transfers. I prefers that by miles. Same for PES 2010 but you won't be interested and PESEDIT at the time worked with PSD > before they separate as they got a small altercation regarding their overrated players 😅 it's not what PESEDIT boss wanted, but something which fit with the whole database from Konami.

That was PSD issue during 10 years lol : or you got every single player rated from PSD so it was balanced, but didn't fitted with Konami standards : too much player to recreate.

But right now they remade completely their rating system, and stats are no more overated : i discussed with a PES 2011 guy who made a patch PSD with some change by himself, and he was totally right. Except that there's tons of errors in formations with several GK playing outfiel lol, he forgot (alone, focused fully on players stats) it's forgivable and well... I'm okay to settle automic starting 11 for all teams as it's patch i won't play more than 5 times a year.

A question, what do you mean by "finding a good set"? PESEDIT isn't good enough?
It's the "find a good set" that i don't understand @Fabri55

I have just felt in love with PES 6 Panini patch, it is an incredible piece of art (not exaggerating).

I never liked fantasy teams, I never liked the idea of collecting cards and getting together your fantasy team with unreal lineups, therefore, I had never enjoyed MyClub, FUT etc. I wanted to play with real teams and if acquire new players then with regular transfer fees, contract pre-agreements etc (basically Master League, Football manager, etc.)

But this is just awesome - having legends of your team in one place is amazing. I can play with Tottenham with Jimmy Greaves and Harry Kane on top, Glen Hoddle and Bale.... With Czech National Team having both Nedved and Panenka in the midfield. There are no duplicate players and how they assign players to the teams is a pretty complex but genius idea which can be found on creator's website.

And as a bonus everything is in HD, new sounds, plenty of kits, stadiums, faces. So PES 6 looks sick with good old gameplay. I just can't get enough.

You can find more info about that patch here
https://pes-6-panini.webnode.es/ - I do not speak Spanish but Google Chrome integrated translation to English works just fine. There is also an installer from Sanny in PES 6 edit forums.

You should definitely check it out.

@MartanCJ I'd heard of the patch before, but I had no idea it was about the teams' legends, I thought it had something to do with the Panini cards and albums. :LOL: It's a pretty neat idea, even though I prefer team-building the traditional way (preferably from the bottom up with a low-stats team, or add a few higher rated players to start at most 4 or 5). One thing that strikes my interest though, is Master League in Panini Patch, that oughta be interesting. Maybe I'll download it to give it a try, it's a cool representation to be played in cups and leagues, but actually I am most curious about its ML and how it would work.

Last edited:
About patch, i ain't sure i'm using the same as you... Is it the very latest from the 2010-11 season? Let me take a look...
-PES 2011 > PESEDIT 2.3 patch
-PES 2012 > PESEDIT 4.0 + 4.1 fix
-PES 2013 > PESEDIT 3.8 patch

If you don't have it, i will try to upload tomorrow, not all at once as i'm out on afternoon.

Both are of course before summers transfers. I prefers that by miles. Same for PES 2010 but you won't be interested and PESEDIT at the time worked with PSD > before they separate as they got a small altercation regarding their overrated players 😅 it's not what PESEDIT boss wanted, but something which fit with the whole database from Konami.

That was PSD issue during 10 years lol : or you got every single player rated from PSD so it was balanced, but didn't fitted with Konami standards : too much player to recreate.

But right now they remade completely their rating system, and stats are no more overated : i discussed with a PES 2011 guy who made a patch PSD with some change by himself, and he was totally right. Except that there's tons of errors in formations with several GK playing outfiel lol, he forgot (alone, focused fully on players stats) it's forgivable and well... I'm okay to settle automic starting 11 for all teams as it's patch i won't play more than 5 times a year.

A question, what do you mean by "finding a good set"? PESEDIT isn't good enough?
It's the "find a good set" that i don't understand @Fabri55
I was talking about good camera settings thanks to the tool you sent me.

Anyway I'm using pesedit 2.2, and I really like what pesedit team did at that time.
Years ago I also played pesedit 2013, and If I remember correctly I didn't know how to add stadiums and this things got me bored.

Also, it's very interesting the psd question.
In the projects I've been involved with I always tried to keep the konami values or using FM 2006-07-08 with the verter tool, albeit with some small doubts about the reliability of the converted values.

I don't know much about psd or pes miti del calcio. I consulted them but almost never used in practice.

Anyway, utmost respect. They are resources that facilitated the work of many patchmakers :))

Don't use Verter fool! Jumping is relative to height (so a 195cm will get around 18-20 every time), tons of stats have the same names but don't have the same impact etc.

The PES 2011 converter is pretty good, but you can mod stats, just upload a .csv, or change manually the stats on the csv, i used to change the first line personaly, but i never really used it : it was because i was intrigued by his formulas.
Height and weight are took in account in the calculation. It's not perfect but better than anything. The PES 2013 one was pretty good but as it's missing stats...

On my side i got my own formulas looking logic and i see that it fits with reality in fact. the stats Balance in FM for example, for having an high stats in PES, he need to participate to aerial battle (don't remember the stat name lol), but also a good balance to stay straight, and also a good timing.
So i make Balance + Header + anticipation. I also made a calculation regarding height but it's complicated. 185cm, like in PES is the best height for a player to learn to jump with full power.
When a guy from 196cm won't jump with full power but as he got easier to get high, he got also more time to make his header precise.
Ect. Ect.

Edit : also the doubts you got about weird FM stats is because at each save for some less known player : they give a random set with random values, sometimes random height if they didn't founded it.
It's okay for a manager game. But PES should have standard stats, not a 19 years old CB with 90 in speed.
To see if the player is rated or not : check the "pre-game editor". On that tool you will found what stats are really rated and also player with no stats at all > random at each save. Some got like 10 stats rated, but used your imagination and your logic, regarding position, height, etc.

Last edited:
Don't use Verter fool! Jumping is relative to height (so a 195cm will get around 18-20 every time), tons of stats have the same names but don't have the same impact etc.

The PES 2011 converter is pretty good, but you can mod stats, just upload a .csv, or change manually the stats on the csv, i used to change the first line personaly, but i never really used it : it was because i was intrigued by his formulas.
Height and weight are took in account in the calculation. It's not perfect but better than anything. The PES 2013 one was pretty good but as it's missing stats...

On my side i got my own formulas looking logic and i see that it fits with reality in fact. the stats Balance in FM for example, for having an high stats in PES, he need to participate to aerial battle (don't remember the stat name lol), but also a good balance to stay straight, and also a good timing.
So i make Balance + Header + anticipation. I also made a calculation regarding height but it's complicated. 185cm, like in PES is the best height for a player to learn to jump with full power.
When a guy from 196cm won't jump with full power but as he got easier to get high, he got also more time to make his header precise.
Ect. Ect.

Edit : also the doubts you got about weird FM stats is because at each save for some less known player : they give a random set with random values, sometimes random height if they didn't founded it.
It's okay for a manager game. But PES should have standard stats, not a 19 years old CB with 90 in speed.
To see if the player is rated or not : check the "pre-game editor". On that tool you will found what stats are really rated and also player with no stats at all > random at each save. Some got like 10 stats rated, but used your imagination and your logic, regarding position, height, etc.
Thanks for these tips, you're always helpful :BEER:

i've been playing some pes 2008 on ps2 emulator. it's a very good game indeed. however, i'm wondering what are the differences between it and pes 2014 ps2, what's better, what's worse? i don't really have time to test them in-depth these days, i just want a good game to have some fun with occasionally, and to dedicate my database editing to, so any feedback @vialli82 or anyone familiar enough with both games can provide is appreciated. is there more midfield pressure in 2014 to represent modern football, different pitch zones utilised more etc, slower pace, or is it mostly the same? one thing i instantly noticed is that they kinda broke feints system, now it's necessary to use modifier key all the time even if right stick is unused by other functions, so i wonder if that game has any other issues

Oh, you will notice the changes in graphics and animations starting to 2009. On gameplay? It's very hard to tell as the whole feeling is different : slower but less interraction on 2014, the pitch seems bigger, pace slower... But overall it's not a better game.
Ball physics seems basic to me and there's less fun and more, let's say predicability. The approach is appart from every others PES, same as PES2 for example.

Try and you'll see. I tried on the new PCSX2 and i didn't found bugs (hair disappearing, slowdown) perhaps once or two in a whole game. It's pretty great, just a bit of input lag but whatever.
@josev if you like PES 2008, continue to play (so you will see the difference) and then : switch to JL2008cc.
Sad there's no nations, but no boring Others League C and a full league J1+J2. In terms of gameplay, i must admit that as good is PES/WE 2008, that one is like a "final evolution" from those game.
For my own taste, i love WE9, PES 5 and JLWE9AC, but that one surpass it on everything (there's almost 3 years of difference and total freedom for devs so... Kinda normal) to me it's the perfect PES PS2 era. There's match between PES 5 and 2008 vanilla for my preferences but that version is worked and "debbuged" completely, all feel smooth and logic.

Otherwhise 2009 to 2013 are "a copy-paste" from their parents on PS3 lol, regarding body structure and some elements. But it's dumbed down until PES 2014. Let's remember those games where built for PSP and others portable (3ds)

The most noticable from PES 2009 PS2 is AI more doing low shot, low key kill the game. Ironically 10 years later PES 2019 is well known for its stupid AI low crosses, lol.

I fully agree with you. WE9LE's minor tweaks drifted away from PES 5's uncompromising nature. Passing the ball around, or shooting, does not give me the same pleasure I get in PES 5. In WE9LE the ball is sensinsibly heavier, resulting in less varied and more predictable outcomes when the fight rages. With WE9LE, it's like Konami acted on two opposite ways: on one hand it made the player be more "in control" by polishing the game and by making player control smoother, a bit à la PES 6. A heavier ball is easier to control, and this was subsequently brought to the extreme with PES 6, where you can really count just on one fingers hand those rebounds typical of PES 5. On the other hand, Konami made finishing, passing and crossing significantly more sensitive. One could argue that this should have made the game harder, but ultimately this further dimmed the "day or night" electrifying nature of PES 5. I'm not surprised, then, that WE9LE is favoured by PES 6 fans. All of this is evident in online matches. In PES 5, when the defending player wants to make it really hard for the opponent to score, matches really resemble the mid 2000's Serie A. Lots of grinding battles, defenders trying to get in control of the frequent rebounds and kicking the ball away, and also the use of tactical fouls. WE9LE would simply be much more boring: imagine a PES 5 with less rebounds, less fouls and less goals (shooting effectively is indeed harder). WE9LE is a PES 5 with less things happening, which needs longer playing times to have fun and experience a complete soccer match.

For your last inquiry, we're lucky that the ELAF AI tool (for PES 5 and WE9 only!) exists. It really makes the AI much more aware of football's basic goal, that is... scoring! The AI tries to score harder and with an increased offensive awareness. Also, it's more lethal when it has a chance. The ultimate challenge will always be to face humans, but this AI enhancer is well done and it fixes exactly what PES 5 missed. And if anyone wants to play some PES 5 online there's two discord groups to start with, @marqisspes6's Retro PES Club (https://discord.gg/AQnfXhtFb4) and also my EU-based group (https://discord.gg/y9Aj4U6FKK).
Sums up perfectly why I love PES 5 so much. My biggest complaint is that I get awarded too many soft penalties. It always seems like contact is penalised harsher for the AI in the box. I never seem to give away penalties.

I'd love to play some PES 5 online but I honestly have no idea how I'd go about doing that. Do you have a guide for what I'd need to do?

If anyone got some extra adx (sound names) from World Cup 2006 such as Ghana, Angola, Trinidad, Togo : please share. They aren't on an PES not even the 6 and there a reason (3rd paragraph, underlined)
Or a pack with some nations, English especially.

I tried a "0" bytes sound instead of Argentina for example on PES 5 (the 3 callnames available), and the commentator said "From right to left (no audio, everything is on mute) then after that block he repeat Argentina.
I would like to add the 4 WC missing teams but seriously, that thing block me. I got another files with all callnames from fakes teams but nothing regarding others nations which aren't in PES 5 :(
OR a patch which have modded that. I could do the same. Well i repeat but it's important to me , that's why. I want both PES 5 summer season transfers and WC 2006 but if i don't have it : i won't do the next version. I can focus on other games through... That's the good part of it.

Wanted to create the perfect option file regarding database and all faces remade... It's not doable. And i found ridiculous in every patch that you choose Togo and the commentator said "South Africa". And the thing is that issue on EVERY patch changing nations. I got a PES 6 commentary to PES 5 converter (**Reason : on PES 6 they don't says teams names as to avoid fakes ones) but it's complicated... In spanish was the version, but decrypted there's 3 others versions but i got no idea how to install it. The language i don't want to such as German and French. There's only italian, spanish and japanese (my favourite)
I could release it in 2 days just the time to polish a bit but you won't see all the works on data and stats (formations etc.), so i will release something like an Option File preview when the PL will be done. IG face editor gives almost good results, at least more authentic.
But today : break. I searched since the morning about commentaries and every time i got a bug :(

... Well, it got a commentary files for PES 5 which correct the fakes names, no more West London White if your choose Fulham. But let's say you will play a special WC before everyone knows that Angola, Trinidad etc. would be qualified. It sincerely doesn't annoy me at all, but it's for sharing. Even if i add on my file Trinidad etc. : just have to cut commentary and i even prefers (except Japanese) and voilà.

Last edited:
Sums up perfectly why I love PES 5 so much. My biggest complaint is that I get awarded too many soft penalties. It always seems like contact is penalised harsher for the AI in the box. I never seem to give away penalties.

I'd love to play some PES 5 online but I honestly have no idea how I'd go about doing that. Do you have a guide for what I'd need to do?
I’ve actually been playing Pes 5 & 6 recently, great games. Don’t complain about getting penalties when I can play 3 whole seasons of Master League in Pes 21 and not get 1 😀. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Instead of PES 6 : try JLWE2007 on emulator if you play it on PC. It's the balanced and rectified version of PES 6, transfers included : @BillyKong created it then he erased it... As JLWE2008 is superior, not from only PES 6 but practically all PES (i exclude PES 5 and WE9, but for the fans lol)

BUT the 1.6.0 version of PCSX2 : it's like playing in HD on a real hardware : perfect.

About my issue : i found (again) another program to import PES6 sound to PES5, not only commentary also crowd sing etc., but it could be only in japanese and italian with ADX "PES6-PES5WE9". It convert also for WE9.

There's a Japanese X_TEXT on the package to convert thankfully (then they got Togo, Angola etc from WE10, the only game that saying those names clearly)
Now how to assign it, i need to understand as he's spanish and made a tutorial in English.
If i got the courage, it should be for the alternative version. On the first i will keep classics and got in English this time commentaries saying all real teams names.

In reality that was the language i wanted for myself exactly lol. Often it's japanese, sometimes english or i cut put the bar to zero about commentary (feels better the emotion on the pitch)
Now about assigning some teams names if there's an issue, i suppose the tools create it (it's based on Spanish commentary) but there could be some errors for ex-teams without real names. Not a big issue, i suppose as there's not 1000 teams.

@vialli82 Bro, if I remember correctly.. you uploaded the PS2 .iso of PES 2014 fully licensed here? I haven't been able to find it, but I think it was posted. Wondering if you could re-direct me to that post. I've heard you say great things about it and would like to check it out. :TU:

hey guys, i have a question about ps2 pes/we games, from pes2008 i see the mode community, what it is this mode? also i saw it on pes2009, it is online?

Edit: was pes2008 the last ps2 pes with online mode?
I don't know exactly, but PES 2008 was the last game with the “with net play” label on the disc cover.

Talking about PES 2008, is there a way to quickly convert PES 6 Option File into PES 2008?
There is no way. The only one is to use adams06 pesfan editors, with this you can easily copy and paste player stats from PES 6 OF to PES 2008 OF. And you have to do this with every player. If we are talking about the PS2 version of PES 2008, of course.

Back
Top Bottom