The Retro-PES Corner

@vialli82 i think there's a solution for players with wrong salary, but... Is not something tested yet, to be honest, i think it may work but as for easy testing i might recommend using pes5 pc, because for ps2 you will need to change the iso, if this works on pes5 pc probably will work on pes2008 ps2 (im pretty sure it will work)

First thing to do is to convert of into db then there's one file inside the db that handles the salary of the player, there are 2 values that handles this one is this sub file inside the db file, the other is the growth type so far there are no tools for that, i could try to work on that, but then we have another issue which im not sure how to fix @Fabri55 knows about this, they call them fake players and they don't appear on ML.

Gonna start work on that later this week

@vialli82 another factor that actually seems to be important is the team that the player is registered affects their value on ml, now its actually really important that the of is converted into db, since ml takes in consideration those values too, if you guys want something close to a real master league that's the hard works it need to be done, can't done by just changing the of

@vialli82 also... I don't know how pes manages to indicate which team has more value than others, but i left some info here

Post in thread 'Random WE9/LE/PES5 Discussions' https://evoweb.uk/threads/random-we9-le-pes5-discussions.83578/post-3859555

I don't have time/energy/full interest to test this, but if anyone wants to give it a shot its welcome to use this information and if you found some (that you can hold with facts) then i would be happy to make tools for that

I lost all my energy by searching something, but thanks @marqisspes6
My goal was just to found a way to get the deserved points for a player, as there's 3 "bugs":
-Japanese/Korean players (too low, all the same)
-Unlockable PES SHOP 5000 points (too high, sponsored by Apple)
-Others league C (very very low cost > the only one i don't get why )
It's like they don't want us create real players with their basis... Perhaps again a signature from EA / Bundes since PES 6

Already resolve 1 thing sure / 5000 points players got their real value if you set "YES" before Hidden players
And i found a solution for the Other C, but needs to see the result before (normally it should work.

If i got enough players to exchange (still got a lot of Free agents) i could do the same for Kor/Jap players ;)

Some sacrifices for ML, like the Classics. But you can switch your Memcard or Virtual Memcard if you want with unlocked Classics. But for ML, Baggio and Gascoigne may cost 230 points lol, better to keep them locked. Also, I saw playing most of the Legends players from PES 2014, but the rest was on their top when i was born... I don't give a damn to play with it.

Last edited:
Another thing : in counterpart, i won't try to change ML by adding D2 teams.
ML was built for Fantasy league like one member mentioned on PES 2009 Gladiator trhead / even if i like too their way to get full 8 D2 teams for all leagues. Just that the game wasn't built for it, and you can't add slots.

I will check East/West/South/North clubs and open a thread with the best teams to choose or some alternative fantasy league..

Don't want to keep away teams like Celtic, Rangers, Porto, Benfica, Olympiakos, even Anderlecht.... ML was, like the guy said, built for fantasy leagues, the way Konami settled it : or there will be much more D2 clubs i believe.

Fantasy out from the pitch, Realism on the pitch. Fun everywhere ;)

Here's the post i'm refering to https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-6-gladiator-patch-2008-09.89756/page-2#post-3818082

Also, i don't like PES 6 that much / only the 360 version but that patch seems exceptionnal, really one in a million if you read what the guy as done. It's outsanding. Now needs to see about database the talent/aknowledge of rating etc. regarding stats and all.

Forgot that part:

About team "value" : i think it's also a bit related to the overall teammates value could also increase the whole team "add" about transfers fee, release etc.
It's a whole.

But it's impossible to change i checked it, and i don't really care sincerely, it doesn't matter : we're talking about a full team with 200 fucking points for around 25-30 players. Like a D6 teams with superstars... It's by far less acceptable than the club value which will give more or less for added value on transfer, etc.
That's a GIGANT difference. Now all the rest i don't care, it will be +- the same for every Others C clubs about value added. But it's acceptable, if you think like that you don't create any teams anywhere even on PES/WE United.
I sincerely don't think a lot of patchmaker settle teams value on PES 6 etc., it's kinda hard to do.

It's more a PES 2021 thing with Transfermarkt players official value etc., all was more important and enhanced regarding Team ID.

Don't want to keep away teams like Celtic, Rangers, Porto, Benfica, Olympiakos, even Anderlecht.... ML was, like the guy said, built for fantasy leagues, the way Konami settled it : or there will be much more D2 clubs i believe.

except on j league games where you can have a full ml...
Also, i don't like PES 6 that much / only the 360 version but that patch seems exceptionnal, really one in a million if you read what the guy as done. It's outsanding. Now needs to see about database the talent/aknowledge of rating etc. regarding stats and all.
i dont like it at all + their community aint the best tbh

Forgot that part:

About team "value" : i think it's also a bit related to the overall teammates value could also increase the whole team "add" about transfers fee, release etc.
It's a whole.

But it's impossible to change i checked it, and i don't really care sincerely, it doesn't matter : we're talking about a full team with 200 fucking points for around 25-30 players. Like a D6 teams with superstars... It's by far less acceptable than the club value which will give more or less for added value on transfer, etc.
That's a GIGANT difference. Now all the rest i don't care, it will be +- the same for every Others C clubs about value added. But it's acceptable, if you think like that you don't create any teams anywhere even on PES/WE United.
I sincerely don't think a lot of patchmaker settle teams value on PES 6 etc., it's kinda hard to do.

It's more a PES 2021 thing with Transfermarkt players official value etc., all was more important and enhanced regarding Team ID.

i think its hard, not impossible, if we found the right values at the game code maybe we can at first create our own map of values and make changes as we want, that would make the game waay more interesting than anything else, you can modify many leagues as you want, you can add even a random factor for some teams, tbh one of the things i hated of ML was that lower teams after 5 seasons they're still lower teams, which i mean yeah could be real, but we have many special cases that would be amazing to be recreated in game something like leeds, west ham, etc.
i think its pretty sad that we can't change the max value of a player and its stuck at 5000, i would love to make it look more realistic

PES 6 official guide explained how created players' points in ML are calculated:

T1: players attributes 1-99

T2: players attributes 1-8

T3: the number of special abilities

View attachment 175587
Got that table bro it's pretty simple, but the issue is that you can settle a player with 71 or 79 on every stats, it doesn't change the price.
The whole "between" 1 to 9 should be took in consideration.

But on the other side, it's also good to have 5 players with the same price, but 1 bad and one good. I focus on the main attributes for the type of game/tactic i want personally, i only check Mentality and teamwork if it's not too low for every player.

1- I'm gonna ask a friend to see if he could find something related
2 and 3 i think those two could be fix with my idea modifying the db files
Thanks mate, for the 2 and the 3 i found a "solution" (to replace with players i don't need and Classics, but keeping Classics locked. I use a Database Editor)
Edit 1: i replace them with Players from Others C. And keep the teams locked.

One thing impossible with an O.F. editor.

About team value etc. i can't change anything, as the editor don't purpose anything. Neither a PC one.
There's nothing really big for PES 2008 all is about PES 6 and it's (sorry) not my favourite of the series at all, too unbalanced, too spectacular and fast. But like i said already i loved the 360 version different game (closer to PES 2008 PS2).

And yes, only on J-League game you can have a complete rosters/teams ML. It's just that i prefers mixed clubs than D2 club originally.
Now about J-League 2008 i'll see later if i still got the courage and time, it's a lot of cosmetic and i need to found "man made" Spanish league 07-08 for logos (Emblems in good quality, i extracted from the "unnamedxx.bin +- 14 emblems from PES 2008 then i stopped, was busy on something else).

Edit2
But i would love to restore it too and and ML on it. There's a recent patch i don't remember if they got all-in regarding kits (Emblems yes) but in Spanish, and i don't like playing in Spanish at all lol.

Fortunately there's already the JL2007CC patch which is a pretty good version too.

Last edited:
Just one thing : i noticed a lot of errors in JLWE9 regarding unlicensed teams and players.
Many got a misunderstood about the wrong names in the english translation.
I would like also as it's a 4-5 days work to restore some kits. The issue is i perhaps didn't checked well, but there's no "import from WE9" or something like that for that version.
Don't really care about that version kits, but a minimum for big teams to get their brand and design (Real with Adidas for example. Sponsor can wait)

Well whatever. Just to say that i retried that game, and it seems different even with big teams than WE9LE. I can't say better, it could varie from one match to another. But seems there's more midfield than in PES 5. It's a mix of balance between WE9 (the most defensive version) and PES5 (Good balance, but perfectible in terms of situations : less midfield. It doesn't mean more scoring : you can balance the shoot stronger etc.)

It should be better to compare from ISS PRO EVO 2, as stats are on 19, and more precise overall.
And also with/without the ball such as Ronaldo. I don't remember but i think he's like 19/17/19 (dribbling) while Babangida is or 19/19/ and lower in Dribbling, or 19/18. Faster without the ball or with double forward long push/straight... But less fast.

About dribbling in general Technique plays a lot on that version too. I remember being like impossible to get the ball when i was with Del Piero, but i didn't played too much running.

Won 2 tournaments (with money) a row with Italy i remember lol.

Looking forward to hearing what your PES 5 patch will be about/look like! :TU: Maybe you've mentioned it before but I've missed your post. :LOL:
Ho, something simple. It's a big big restoration in fact, more database focused.
Just that there's zero real summer database edition not even in Option file, and also stats are all outdated. I use WE10 and/or PES 6 (when not available) or WE10 Europa 06/07 for transfers.
No more Aaron Lennon with 70/75 in speed/acceleration etc. (rectified on WE10/PES6)

Also, i check all new players : as they're young, sometimes they appears once in a position which aren't their real position. So what i do, is to keep the value +- (for 1 or 10 points difference doesn't matters) and i rebuild the player stats with his strong and weaker points.
Like Dimitri Payet as a CF remade to fit with his real position (LMF opposite side/AMF/SS occasionnally). It's rare but i try to do it. We're in the future in comparison to PES 5 so for some players especially youth we knows better if there's an error, or if they given random value etc.

Or Eljero Elia young : less complete but more speed and dribble oriented. But very less : up to the game or you to make some players like they really are : i just change the one which are IMPOSSIBLE to evolve like in reality with the value they got in WE10. I don't increase them : i change their basis ;)

There's not a lot to do... But i want at least an evolution which fits to their future counterpart. Another example : Chiellini. He was a long time SB. But as a Juve fan : i know he wasn't an offensive SB : so i've made some balance (+ in Defence than in all Attack related. I do the math with a system, not at the eye so don't worry ;) )

Aslo VERY weirdly : it's by far easier to do transfers from Winter than from Summer. I checked, more IG player remaining etc.
There's tons of players back to loan but also a lot of players out in January.
Just O.T. but from what i noticed : many teams shouldn't have done transfers and keep their players when i saw the season lol, like one of the 3 England who were retrograded 😅 It was worst on the first part than after (perhaps some players just left for X reasons too... Or bad managerial change etc.) and they got a good Octagon with the summer + WE10 stats (converted for every players : Balance was different)

In brief > there's more players to create not in game (but on others version)... With the summer rosters, and a lot of IG editor faces + extras.
Or completely redone or slightly retouched (hair color/style, eyes colors, beard is sometimes enough). I can't afford to redo every single face.
First, and most important : players info : checking errors in Height/weight/preferred foot. Sometimes by comparing on pic.
I just didn't know how random some faces were + i hate the same Preset for 2 players. Those one will be rectified as a priority.

Last edited:
I love the PC version of PES 6, play with speeder 0.91 or 0.92 and the pacing is perfect for me. I also think it is one of the PES where stats really matter the most, I can really feel a difference between players not only in passing but in speed, heading, shot accuracy/power, attacking attitude, etc.. PES 5 is also a great game, very different in feeling, but I think they are both good representations of the beautiful game. :)

I'm about to check out PES 2014 PC for the first time, with Fire Patch. It is one of the titles that received bad publicity (like PES 2008), but having read some reviews over time regarding how gameplay improved with the data packs, I'd like to give it a try, especially with Fire patch! PES 2015 was good, but unfortunately I couldn't really enjoy it because the in game cameras were too zoomed in for my taste, and I couldn't find a camera mod anywhere to set it more zoomed out, like I enjoy playing. Anyway, will try PES 2014 out shortly! :TU:

Last edited:
Ho, something simple. It's a big big restoration in fact, more database focused.
Just that there's zero real summer database edition not even in Option file, and also stats are all outdated. I use WE10 and/or PES 6 (when not available) or WE10 Europa 06/07 for transfers.
No more Aaron Lennon with 70/75 in speed/acceleration etc. (rectified on WE10/PES6)

Also, i check all new players : as they're young, sometimes they appears once in a position which aren't their real position. So what i do, is to keep the value +- (for 1 or 10 points difference doesn't matters) and i rebuild the player stats with his strong and weaker points.
Like Dimitri Payet as a CF remade to fit with his real position (LMF opposite side/AMF/SS occasionnally). It's rare but i try to do it. We're in the future in comparison to PES 5 so for some players especially youth we knows better if there's an error, or if they given random value etc.

Or Eljero Elia young : less complete but more speed and dribble oriented. But very less : up to the game or you to make some players like they really are : i just change the one which are IMPOSSIBLE to evolve like in reality with the value they got in WE10. I don't increase them : i change their basis ;)

There's not a lot to do... But i want at least an evolution which fits to their future counterpart. Another example : Chiellini. He was a long time SB. But as a Juve fan : i know he wasn't an offensive SB : so i've made some balance (+ in Defence than in all Attack related. I do the math with a system, not at the eye so don't worry ;) )

Aslo VERY weirdly : it's by far easier to do transfers from Winter than from Summer. I checked, more IG player remaining etc.
There's tons of players back to loan but also a lot of players out in January.
Just O.T. but from what i noticed : many teams shouldn't have done transfers and keep their players when i saw the season lol, like one of the 3 England who were retrograded 😅 It was worst on the first part than after (perhaps some players just left for X reasons too... Or bad managerial change etc.) and they got a good Octagon with the summer + WE10 stats (converted for every players : Balance was different)

In brief > there's more players to create not in game (but on others version)... With the summer rosters, and a lot of IG editor faces + extras.
Or completely redone or slightly retouched (hair color/style, eyes colors, beard is sometimes enough). I can't afford to redo every single face.
First, and most important : players info : checking errors in Height/weight/preferred foot. Sometimes by comparing on pic.
I just didn't know how random some faces were + i hate the same Preset for 2 players. Those one will be rectified as a priority.

Very nice my friend! It'll be cool to see the differences and the modifications that you add to your patch for more realism. Can't wait to try it out! :TU:

Just one thing : i noticed a lot of errors in JLWE9 regarding unlicensed teams and players.
Many got a misunderstood about the wrong names in the english translation.
I would like also as it's a 4-5 days work to restore some kits. The issue is i perhaps didn't checked well, but there's no "import from WE9" or something like that for that version.
Don't really care about that version kits, but a minimum for big teams to get their brand and design (Real with Adidas for example. Sponsor can wait)

Well whatever. Just to say that i retried that game, and it seems different even with big teams than WE9LE. I can't say better, it could varie from one match to another. But seems there's more midfield than in PES 5. It's a mix of balance between WE9 (the most defensive version) and PES5 (Good balance, but perfectible in terms of situations : less midfield. It doesn't mean more scoring : you can balance the shoot stronger etc.)

It should be better to compare from ISS PRO EVO 2, as stats are on 19, and more precise overall.
And also with/without the ball such as Ronaldo. I don't remember but i think he's like 19/17/19 (dribbling) while Babangida is or 19/19/ and lower in Dribbling, or 19/18. Faster without the ball or with double forward long push/straight... But less fast.

About dribbling in general Technique plays a lot on that version too. I remember being like impossible to get the ball when i was with Del Piero, but i didn't played too much running.

Won 2 tournaments (with money) a row with Italy i remember lol.

So dribbling in ISS Pro Evolution (2) is actually dribbling speed? I didn't know that. :)
It felt that Amokachi was faster than anyone, even faster than Ronaldo.

It's linked, let's say in a straight line Amokachi will be faster.
Well "linked to dribble" not always, it depends the situation /edited/ (also depends on technique)
For example Amokachi with lower technique should normally get a small "slow down" before every ball touching.

But in a straight line, with less dribbling, he will push the ball longer (so easier to intercept) and so on as he's faster, he will "retrieve" his speed if you know where i get.
So i don't think he may loose speed in that case, but while turning a little bit, moving etc.
If i remember he got also a good dribbling stats, it's not just a basic talentless speedster lol, i remember he was pretty complete.

Last edited:
I love the PC version of PES 6, play with speeder 0.91 or 0.92 and the pacing is perfect for me. I also think it is one of the PES where stats really matter the most, I can really feel a difference between players not only in passing but in speed, heading, shot accuracy/power, attacking attitude, etc.. PES 5 is also a great game, very different in feeling, but I think they are both good representations of the beautiful game. :)

On JL2007 as it's the same era : you can feel it too. There's no PC version though, but you can decrease it on PCSX2.
And the game is better in every ways.

Yes in PES 6 that's were you feel more the stats especially ball on feet and you got more space. But you can feel also than stats are much more essential than some others. Balance, speed, Shoot power. That's why Adriano was so strong : he was already good in others area...
Well the guy i scored the most goals is on my avatar :P ...

-on PES 6 PC/PS2 it was R9 on versus, even decreased.
And one i took sometimes but it became too easy for me in every ways was Shevchenko. I avoided to take him as i feelt like i cheated, scoring a goal on every game lol.

-On PES 2 : Enrico Chiesa i don't know why, but i started to score again and again and i've transformed him in a beast who can rivalise with Batigol, Ronaldo, Shevchenko...
He's the guy i scored most goals in ML of all time against CPU.

-Vieri from PES 3 to 6 / Same for Nedved more on VS friend. I don't have a clue why, but i wasn't so good for cross/header... Except with him.

... And as we're talking about Iss Pro Evo 2 : Batistuta.

PES 1 : i don't remember : was a lot of construction, less indiviualities the game was harder to make some "solo" stuffs. More compactness in defence.

There's guys who fits more with the way you play, like Vieri (playing back to goal, turning, and shooting, or running and shooting strong on the opposite side)

But more physical/dribbling stats than the rest, positionning, defending, etc. is less put in front. For me, too much stats based doesn't means a good game : it should be part with physics at least a bit (don't talk about PES 6)

There's also much space so you got the time to "feel". But without decreasing speed.

To me, it's on part with PES 4 in terms of feeling stats, even WE8LE (miles better than his european pre-version)

Hello all. I’ve created my 2nd Retro Goals Compilation video if anyone fancies having a look 🙂.

Now I slowly start building the next video 😄.

Thank you mate! Was watching this for five times in a row... Love the video editing, in game action, goals, music, everything... That's pure ISS/PES sweetness !!! 😍

Hello all. I’ve created my 2nd Retro Goals Compilation video if anyone fancies having a look 🙂.

Now I slowly start building the next video 😄.

That's a really beautiful compilation, a magnificent testament to how immortal these games truly are.

My favourites are absolutely that incredible Dodo's volley and also Bergkamp's lob, for CPU Claudio Lopez insane slalom.

I ain’t doing no fancy unboxing videos, im just recording opening a package with you guys… 🤷‍♂️
…because sharing is caring and this is a way of still having fun with PES (for me)! 😉 👋

that growling sound at 0:36 is an old mens happy noise! 😂

bonus:
I like a surprise box opening video when I don’t know what is inside. More of these I reckon 🙂.

Thank you mate! Was watching this for five times in a row... Love the video editing, in game action, goals, music, everything... That's pure ISS/PES sweetness !!! 😍
Thank you for checking it out (x5) 🙂. I enjoyed creating and editing this video. Especially trying to make the music go with certain clips of the video.

That's a really beautiful compilation, a magnificent testament to how immortal these games truly are.

My favourites are absolutely that incredible Dodo's volley and also Bergkamp's lob, for CPU Claudio Lopez insane slalom.
Thank you for taking a look 🙂.

I think the Bergkamp goal looks great with the Irish defender chasing back to try to stop going in.

I ain’t doing no fancy unboxing videos, im just recording opening a package with you guys… 🤷‍♂️
…because sharing is caring and this is a way of still having fun with PES (for me)! 😉 👋

that growling sound at 0:36 is an old mens happy noise! 😂

bonus:

Love this. I know the feeling. Slowed down a bit now but for a while I was ordering so much and stuff from Japan so I wouldn't know what was arriving or I'd have totally forgotten about ordering it!

Collecting does breathe new life into the PES love.

And you sound pretty much exactly how I expected you too. 😄

Back
Top Bottom