The Retro-PES Corner

Hard to judge as the better called something like "Universe 2.0" i don't remember the name is not available any more. It was the one i gotted before my old PC crashed, no links available.

You would like "World Patch 1.0 07-08", easy to found on youtube and to install as there's perhaps no Eredivisie replaced by Bundes, but teams from South/North America.
Or "VirtuaRed Deluxe 08-09" but it's kinda long to install : i forgot one thing to ddl, now it work.

But both got some "Free Agents" sometimes melted, and any team can buy a removed "PLAYER015" on ML.
So, not a single patch i know is bug free for ML.

@Madmac79 @vialli82 Bros what would you guys say are your favorite patches for PES 2008 PC?

After hearing your opinions, I'd finally like to give this installment a shot :)
I'm playing vanilla with kitserver and the stadiums of Virtuared Patch (although I downloaded, but still have to use them lol). To add to what Vialli said, I saw an original season patch somewhere in edit section (I think in 09 one) but I have no idea how that is. Unfortunately (I guess thanks to the "most hated" status this chapter holds), the choice is really scarce afaik.

Now that we are at it I'll take the opportunity to ask @vialli82, who is well versed in editing, or anyone that might know if there is a decent global editor for this edition. I'd love to unlock things without having to win trophies and also to do some editing myself, but I haven't had any luck finding one.

Weird, i checked about unlock, in PC version you had to won some stuffs it's not like "WEN" to add, but even with another way there's nothing.
Perhaps in advanced stuffs on team locked, no idea.

There's an option regarding kit servers not on the older version and all but i don't understand. I don't think Goldo version got some unlock things neither, (sorry if you don't found a way for it)

Last edited:
@Madmac79 @vialli82 Bros what would you guys say are your favorite patches for PES 2008 PC?

After hearing your opinions, I'd finally like to give this installment a shot :)
I'm using the World Patch which is a nice polished patch that only adds the correct kits, names, balls and stadiums etc and keeps the rest of the game as vanilla for authenticity.

I used to use the VIRTUARED patch for 2008 but back then, their patches were a bit messier and you have to contend with ugly UI & soundtrack that ruin the original nostalgia of the game.

Thread 'PES 2008 World Patch 2007-08 (2008)' https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-2008-world-patch-2007-08-2008.90788/

I'm just furious and very disappointed in the same time... As i build a full ML under "Others League C" and even use some of those players for transfers.
For having Bundes on ML.
Noticed 2 things, one rectifiable, one i don't think..

Firstly, i've made an ML with two things :

-If you set "YES" on "Use Classic Players" : all registered players which cost 5000 on you can buy in PES SHOP will got their price like it should be. "NO" and you will get 5000 points registred or not... Well doesn't even matter when you see the second ML problem >

-Second BIG problem for ML : every players from "Others League C" even if you change their consistency, will got price very, very low, like between 1 and 300. I even got some youth Keeper with "1" point. So every "PLAYER001" to the last "PLAYERxxx"

I suppose it's the same shit in PES 6... But i didn't got any clue about that bug.
Why FFS? What's the point to make an empty league were you can recreate another league with different standards for price in ML players?

After almost 2 months of works, before i discovered that shit.
I don't think there's a solution about those LIDL players price with Roberto Baggio stats.

Just wanted to restore the game as it should have been, built for Master League, but it's impossible.
Perhaps there's a trick with mods (i even doubt about it) but i'm done with it. Awful incomprehensible database system.

Going back to the recent mention of Winning Eleven, what is the best version for PS2 and how can you play it on European PS2?

@vialli82 Is that PES 2008 on the PS2 you're talking about? I've always found the transfer market on that ML all over the place. I had players available for 1 PES point wages. Put me off, hence why I'm back on PES 5.

@vialli82 Is that PES 2008 on the PS2 you're talking about? I've always found the transfer market on that ML all over the place. I had players available for 1 PES point wages. Put me off, hence why I'm back on PES 5.
Yes, about Others League C especially, but it's the same on PES 6 since they removed Bundesliga. I just checked : players stats got more or less/very approximately -75% of their cost or something like that.
I don't get why. But the ML overall is better, just that league problem. Perhaps i got an alternative... Will try it and see if it work.

If i was aware of it before : regarding the first point : registred players with "YES" for Hidden players got their real values > i could use "Legends teams" players instead/replacing them with "PLAYER001" etc. only. And put on free agents those players.

But if i remember well, if you don't unlock the team, the player (normally locked) with the editor you registred appears as "Not Registred" if they aren't unlocked.

ML was good with Popularity and plenty of others things you don't have in PES1 to PES6 > But only on PES 2008. It's practically copied from the Next Gen version, light version with the most important thing (no presentation stuff and all > but the same system)

Yes, about Others League C especially, but it's the same on PES 6 since they removed Bundesliga. I just checked : players stats got more or less/very approximately -75% of their cost or something like that.
I don't get why. But the ML overall is better, just that league problem. Perhaps i got an alternative... Will try it and see if it work.

If i was aware of it before : regarding the first point : registred players with "YES" for Hidden players got their real values > i could use "Legends teams" players instead/replacing them with "PLAYER001" etc. only. And put on free agents those players.

But if i remember well, if you don't unlock the team, the player (normally locked) with the editor you registred appears as "Not Registred" if they aren't unlocked.

ML was good with Popularity and plenty of others things you don't have in PES1 to PES6 > But only on PES 2008. It's practically copied from the Next Gen version, light version with the most important thing (no presentation stuff and all > but the same system)
Yeah, its a great ML with some nice extras but a few glitches in terms of fees and contracts.

I've got PES 2011 on PS2 as well. That's a great ML with full Champions League too. It's just the gameplay is a bit frantic.

Yep @vialli82 it’s a pain but as i have mentioned before that is the reason i have not used any league C teams or classic players etc in my option file. :)

It’s annoying if you want extra teams and players but without them it is more realistic. Very very occasionally i get a 5000 player in a ‘play test’ ML. The lower number players are not that low and it depends on their stats and the player ID. Like i said without all the extra teams and players, they can be kept under control ;)

The Jap version? Hell yes.
Just the stats where, before PES 4/5, a bit weirdo but the gameplay is awesome.
Way better than PES3 : not my favourite with the recoil of course i got hard to play it.

But WE7I Jap version is more balanced, more "heavy" physically, slower, but also a tiny bit smoother in terms of animations transitions or speed.
I would said the biggest effort should be WE8LE when we talk about restoring and correcting bugs. That one was more enhancing the game, as PES 3 wasn't that buggy as WE8 and PES4

The Jap version? Hell yes.
Just the stats where, before PES 4/5, a bit weirdo but the gameplay is awesome.
Way better than PES3 : not my favourite with the recoil of course i got hard to play it.

But WE7I Jap version is more balanced, more "heavy" physically, slower, but also a tiny bit smoother in terms of animations transitions or speed.
I would said the biggest effort should be WE8LE when we talk about restoring and correcting bugs. That one was more enhancing the game, as PES 3 wasn't that buggy as WE8 and PES4

If directed at me and WE7I, then yes the Japanese version. 🙂

Yep @vialli82 it’s a pain but as i have mentioned before that is the reason i have not used any league C teams or classic players etc in my option file. :)
Didn't saw it, or i would have found a way. And there's one / In bref above.

Now, if It's for an ML based/only version. I can do the version i got and the ML ONLY version (if i want to, for the ML Only, as i lost motivation lol > Will probably focus on JL2008. Better ML system)

The basic one version for league mode etc., like i already got : ain't an issue. Just don't assign Bundes teams... Can also replace Eredivisie and put 4 team instead of the Swedish teams keeping the 1st (the others didn't even finished on the 4 on 06-07, even worst on 07-08 season)

They won't be transferred with those stats... I suppose. And they're unfortunately not part of the players who disappears when you start an ML.

So i tested and it works just if you're interested @geeeeee = just for information. It's safe.

-The number of player on Others C is 256.
And remember when you register a 5000 points player on a team with "YES" on Hidden Players : the price will be restored to his real cost.
There's more than 256 players you can use in the game with Unlockable + Classics in the game, just have to base copy with the editor and replace to be really brief about restoring players price issue.

Here's the system in big (there's things like checking the 256 i didn't mentionned.;) )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st: Unlocking some Classic Teams, and Hidden players necessary to obtain all the players you need to switch (for that, put a special character on the one to remove or whatever)

2nd: Base copy with OF2 the "Others C" players you createed on Unlockable, or Classics with the Editor.
You will even keep even the player Nationality even if it's a Ecuador player "base-copied OF2" England Classics.
Classics are weirdly considered as "Clubs".

3rd: Register the copied player and remove the Other League C players...

4th: Finally, as i believe that once a player type Other league C like "PLAYERA01" will appears in ML IF he's on free agent (only) put "1" on every stats.
Not a single team will brought them.

Last edited:
Going back to the recent mention of Winning Eleven, what is the best version for PS2 and how can you play it on European PS2?
I have a soft spot for Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship. WE9 environment and low stats teams produce a really pure football experience, maybe in some sense the purest. If we talk about Winning Elevens with euro clubs instead I think it's hard to top Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Evolution.

Well he asked for an European PS2 lol, and we purpose him Japanese version 😅
Hhhmmm it's hard but go for PES5 like always, as i don't think WE9LE is compatible with an European version : it's the only foreign version out on PC, but i don't think it's EU compatible.

Well he asked for an European PS2 lol, and we purpose him Japanese version 😅
Hhhmmm it's hard but go for PES5 like always, as i don't think WE9LE is compatible with an European version : it's the only foreign version out on PC, but i don't think it's EU compatible.

Ah sorry, I think I misuderstood the question then :LOL:

Truly no idea what's compatible and what's not in this terms. Always supposed Winning Elevens just wouldn't go on not-chipped euro consoles!

Didn't saw it, or i would have found a way. And there's one / In bref above.

Now, if It's for an ML based/only version. I can do the version i got and the ML ONLY version (if i want to, for the ML Only, as i lost motivation lol > Will probably focus on JL2008. Better ML system)

The basic one version for league mode etc., like i already got : ain't an issue. Just don't assign Bundes teams... Can also replace Eredivisie and put 4 team instead of the Swedish teams keeping the 1st (the others didn't even finished on the 4 on 06-07, even worst on 07-08 season)

They won't be transferred with those stats... I suppose. And they're unfortunately not part of the players who disappears when you start an ML.

So i tested and it works just if you're interested @geeeeee = just for information. It's safe.

-The number of player on Others C is 256.
And remember when you register a 5000 points player on a team with "YES" on Hidden Players : the price will be restored to his real cost.
There's more than 256 players you can use in the game with Unlockable + Classics in the game, just have to base copy with the editor and replace to be really brief about restoring players price issue.

Here's the system in big (there's things like checking the 256 i didn't mentionned.;) )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st: Unlocking some Classic Teams, and Hidden players necessary to obtain all the players you need to switch (for that, put a special character on the one to remove or whatever)

2nd: Base copy with OF2 the "Others C" players you createed on Unlockable, or Classics with the Editor.
You will even keep even the player Nationality even if it's a Ecuador player "base-copied OF2" England Classics.
Classics are weirdly considered as "Clubs".

3rd: Register the copied player and remove the Other League C players...

4th: Finally, as i believe that once a player type Other league C like "PLAYERA01" will appears in ML IF he's on free agent (only) put "1" on every stats.
Not a single team will brought them.

Thanks @vialli82 if I am honest it all looks a bit too confusing for me now, especially as I have now come too far and I have got a good system in place where those players rarely appear. And I don't want to start messing around with the Classics or Team C teams just in case in produces a crash or something in the ML like I think it did in PES6 (unless I am wrong) ;)

Strangely one thing I noticed when I first started editing PES 2008 is that once the classic players and teams are unlocked, they appear in the ML regardless of whether you select "YES" or "NO" to Hidden Players.

Also I thought I would share this clip, anyone seen this injury before?

I have seen it a few odd times in about the 10 years I have played this game.

Also, I loved this passage of play against Wolves (CPU).

I love the possession that Wolves keep in their own half, the missed diving header, and then the breakaway goal. All in this piece of action...

Love this game! :)

Thanks @vialli82 if I am honest it all looks a bit too confusing for me now, especially as I have now come too far and I have got a good system in place where those players rarely appear. And I don't want to start messing around with the Classics or Team C teams just in case in produces a crash or something in the ML like I think it did in PES6 (unless I am wrong) ;)

Strangely one thing I noticed when I first started editing PES 2008 is that once the classic players and teams are unlocked, they appear in the ML regardless of whether you select "YES" or "NO" to Hidden Players.

Also I thought I would share this clip, anyone seen this injury before?

I have seen it a few odd times in about the 10 years I have played this game.

Also, I loved this passage of play against Wolves (CPU).

I love the possession that Wolves keep in their own half, the missed diving header, and then the breakaway goal. All in this piece of action...

Love this game! :)

Great action in that game man! Love it a lot as well when this kind of overturnings happen contexually.

As for the injury, yeah it is super rare, I saw it once in WE9 (old Chenghis OF) and recorded it time ago:

yours is probably the second time ever I've seen it. This togheter with the player dropping on his knees are so cool even if they happen really really rarely (probably also part of the appeal anyway lol).

Oh no it was just to explain what i found, but i don't even think i will do myself. Just with some tricks you can have an "ML Restored" with real values for Bundesliga/Created players.

Just by replacing ALL the players from Others League C / With the Classics + Unlockable / and put YES before ML... Removing and transform Others League C players in "untransferrable" with super low value.
There's enough players ;)

But you're doing a 21-22 or 22-23 version, i'm doing a "original season" one. So it's pretty different, you got to replace every single player, switch, and recreate the whole database.
On my case, it's a restoration "like the game should have been", i need more Free agents. But didn't know about those fucking C league baldies without eyebrows.

About that Injury : i got a similar Yesterday! A muscle strain, but with another movement than the one you got on the vid.
Forgot to mention it.

The player made a movement was like when you cross your leg too fast, in a wrong position. Then he walked on one feet or like a zombie, don't remember. And just after i got the same animation as you. I was :BLINK: . Don't remember how long that stuff happened. I think you got that thing in an older PES (the 5 or 6)

If directed at me and WE7I, then yes the Japanese version. 🙂
I also like WE7I (Japanese) the most in the series.

WE7 International is the most confusing title in the series.
The Japanese version of WE7I is the second release with gameplay updated. Keeper can release the ball by pressing R1 after catching the ball.
All WE7 International other than the Japanese one is actually equivalent to the first release in Japan. (No R1 for releasing the ball by the keeper.)

I also like WE7I (Japanese) the most in the series.

WE7 International is the most confusing title in the series.
The Japanese version of WE7I is the second release with gameplay updated. Keeper can release the ball by pressing R1 after catching the ball.
All WE7 International other than the Japanese one is actually equivalent to the first release in Japan. (No R1 for releasing the ball by the keeper.)

It really is. Especially considering the release dates.

Bit of a pain in the ass that they made it so accessible with the multiple languages but then have all the player names in Japanese. Easily changed these days, I guess!

It really is. Especially considering the release dates.

Bit of a pain in the ass that they made it so accessible with the multiple languages but then have all the player names in Japanese. Easily changed these days, I guess!

In fact there's two versions of WE7I : One with summer transfers in Japanese, the other for countries not from Europe except the PC version.
Same as PES3, rosters, english names etc., multiple language too.

They could've call it WE7FE for the Jap version out later... But no. Confusing yes. There's also multiple languages through, not Jap only ("International" but only compatible with jap consoles lol).

Edit: on WE8LE i think it's the same about names in Japanese.
But on WE2008, if you choose "English" you will got names in English, and in Japanese names in japanese (3 years to understand why you select English for language)

Last edited:
EDITED AND CORRECTED (see post below, i can't delete that one)
.... bla bla bla etc. / asking marquis about stuff etc. erased /

As i found myself a way finally for PES 2008. and Others C players ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding my PES 2008 OF-Patch :

My bundes is worked very hard stats by stats calculated etc. 90-95% faces remade even for shitty teams... Much more than old or PSD patch/or OF regarding Konami's standards. I spend 2 months and half on PES 2008 works, practically everyday.

I'm back on PES5 and will finish as it's more "for everyone" including PC people ;) But i fall in love with PES 2008... Sorry but to me it's the best version (1st is JL2008 but chutttt ;) it's the same "era version") It's the 3 last i want to finish. Could've switch to JL2008, but i love Nations competitions too.

STORY, Interesting to know
Like everyone : I created Bundesliga over League C. Nothing suspected. I wasn't aware of the big issue you would got for ML..

>Didn't know at all that the cost of stats for those players are like divided by or got another "gap" very very low... Even many on various PES PC patchs, if not every patchers doesn't seems to be aware or carrying about it, not a matter of era : i see the same on PES 6 2022 patches.

I got keepers with "1 point" lol, Roberto Baggio like with 230 point. When you assign that Bundesliga in ML, every teams drains them (It's like Christmas for their asses)

So I found some tricks, but the best is if i could with an external editor; i got 3 options, for not for a perfect, but like if it was a normal release with Bundes and transfers, like PES 5, for a balanced ML.

I don't think it possible but, i ask there's nothing to loose : is there a way to restore the "Others League C" players cost fucked up system?
I wanted to ask to @marqisspes6 but i asked too much stuffs lol, thanks
It's not the same as Japanese stuff. But kind Off, except they got shitty ID. And i got not tool (if possible) to replace their ID by safe one and erase them.
>FINALLY found a way ;) Perhaps i'm the first, as i didn't see it in any PES/WE classic patchs (JL from 2008 got a system without "300" points as it's J-League not the JFA behind, it's pretty accurate, no problem even if no NT lol)

Here was the systems before i found the one below / there's enough players with NT Bundes, etc.

System 1 (simple but less professional/database)

We keep the same number of playable league from PES 2008 that version : i will base copy the Bundes players over Eredivisie, there's far than enough player for it; and i can even copy the lost players on "Classics".

The issue is more "psychological" as they're in ML and you knows it lol, but it's working 100% as not a single team will sign them. You also lost Classics.
But PES 2008 classics is okay for 3 games in exhibition every 2 months 😂

System B : Rebuild the database

The only difference is to found a way to assign/replace with accurate ID the 256 players with real ID players, but safe.
Impossible also with Nomad editor to do it. But i don't have a DKZ version with PES 2008 ps2 (i checked for weeks long time ago) and don't understand in english how to assign a new version on it.

As i will change things graphically, it will be a mix Patch/O.F. like the JL2007CC one so no problem ;)

Last edited:
UPDATE/
I think i found a way for low cost players. Needs to test

One thing i can't do with the OF editor is

1. Litterally to delete a player > duplicates for example

2. (THE MOST IMPORTANT) is to exchange a Classic NT with an other C "PlayersA03"... With the O.F. Editor I could've assign a Player from Classic NT to a team, but it didn't worked the other way? like assigning for example Owen in Classic England.
No i can as long as he's English, Italian, German etc.

Won't yell victory too soon : Locked players didn't appeared on clubs : until you unlocked them.
I created Wichniniarek (Arminia Biefield) over a 150 point shop player without unlocking him. Wichniarek was replaced by a "Not Registred".
Then i unlocked him and he appeared like magic... BUT >

-I exchanged the player, with an fake LIDL League player PF023 > so normally PF023 is the one considered as locked/litteraly replaced and should be considered as locked.
But not Wichniarek as he was normally not on the basic database but in the SHOP jail lol.

Note : I put a spoiler as i ain't sure about the "lock" and erase the post above, don't want to annoy @marqisspes6 again (i will perhaps later for hidden NT players hahaha)

On PES 2008 editor there's "unlock" but not "lock".
But i think that's because the player is really locked and it's unrelated to ID. Normally the system of exchanging with shitty players may work.

And if for ML if you don't want the same shitty issue : make two option file and switch, or with Ulaunchelf or Openload or PCSX2. Up to you (i don't care about classics except perhaps 4-5 players i saw playing a long time ago so... The one i know the best except Baggio, Vialli, Gascoigne, Cantona etc. are on PES SHOP 150 points)

I did the same with it with an OF editor. Same process. It's just transferring players, it's just more "on the core" but the system is identical. And the exchanged "locked" players should be normally considered as Unlocked.

Then, considering that the ISO rebuilded is working well and the program is bug free (i suppose as a lot of people use it) : Just got to base copy a lot of players and tactics, not a big deal as it really worth the case.

Now about erasing players, i got no idea if it will work. I would like for fake NT ones :

@geeeeee here's the tool if you want to try (i'm on another game ) > exchange the fake Klose for example, rebuild the iso and see if he disappeared.
As you said you don't like it... That's why i purpose it.

Edit: shit, it's only working with PES 2008 US version and WE 2008... weird as there's practically every version for different regions :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom