The Retro-PES Corner

So a 15 min game on PA1 (best ever) and TP on a Real Betis ML Pes 15 just played.
Negatives.
*A bit blurry
*Few stadiums
*Stamina drains too fast
*CPU has a habit of beating you on through balls/lofted passes so being alert and keeping a low defensive line plus tracking runs early key
Positives.
*Unlike modern games (Fifa) you don't create 15 chances per game, infact a tough Def CPU..
*Great midfield battles with very little space to play it through
*Shooting really good
*Perfect pace (-1)
*CPU team mates doing what they're suppose to
*Responsive
* Feels really realistic Vs modern games
* Not as much on rails like PES 17/18/19/20/21 (never felt that on PA0 though)
*Me on PA1 78% passing CPU 73%
Really solid stats

This is a game I will return more often too, really had a lot of fun.
Won 2-1 9-8 in shots, not enough fouls though

Well, i would say PEs 2017 is the last PES that CPU AI has some real ID. 2015 and 2016 were the games that really nailed the CPU ID. After that, every new itteration had an issue. Superstellar AI in PES 2018, wing spamming in PES 2019, one dimensional and with bad awareness in 2020-2021, etc, etc.

You can of course watch it by your own eyes, and while i am not a fan of TheTrueBrits, i've seen a recent video of him, while he is revisiting every old PES due to the eFutebol no-news issue. Just check how the COM-controlled Barcelona plays in this video. Really amazing. Well you can say, that they play the same tiki-taka in PES 2018, but then again, every team in 2018 on superstar ML, plays lasser guided tiki-taka, with one-touch, deadly accuracy back-heels.

Sorry for the user, just focus on the video content. :D Some amazing plays by CPU. I really miss it, and now we have half-past 2022, i mean the AI should play better, not worse... :(
Watching the video right now after playing both 15 and 16, and it's some CPU ai right there.
Looks and plays great

To me, the big difference is the challenge. Even with the pattern aren't full of variety, i don't care if there's not enough opposition in front of me.
I want to have hard to beat my opponent, do some remontada, get some 0-4 etc.

I didn't really got challenge on 2017, 2019, even 2020 but a bit closer than PES 2021 (of course..) : it was time to time.
It was more a matter of attacking to make a score than really anticipate and defend.

Not like i won every time, no. But never got like 2 or 3 goals in a row from the CPU since perhaps on PS3 i didn't remember, but as i play on PS2 ATM, let's say since that time.

But on the 2021, when the CPU start a fast attack or a long shot (some will said "iTs ScRiptyiNg", i just feel that my fault, it's often when i give too much freedom to a player who is a good long shooter, or when i keep the distance instead of pressing.
Superstar or Legendary, they scores more against me than they did since a decade. So saying that the CPU is bad... At least he scores, even with PA1.

Fifa 20 O.T. experience
When in the same time i played with Binacional against Tottenham on WC (called "Champion", don't know it's the difficulty just below Legendary) on Fifa 20 and won 4-2, then too much, then on Legendary a bit harder to score but still too easy if you're good for shooting and creating opportunities, it's goal and goal. And i played on Semi. Was good to defend before, but on FIFA 20 they killed the contain but, so i tackled everywhere, manually and it worked. Some fault sometimes, nothing big.
Well, i didn't liked the too much space, the feeling when you dribble, all feeled super-human.... After 3 years without Fifa it was a shock. I was super angry to buy that game, instead of another : i hesitated. But it's my experience. Not everyone plays like me with my own assistances. Just to easy to do uneasy + the feeling controller in hands about everything.

Also on PES 2013, but it was often if not always counter attack from the midfield, the striker or other good player was impossible to catch and the keeper was shitty on 1vs1, Buffon or the 2nd keeper from Lorient.
PES 2011 i remember it was tight, a bit like WE9. scores were small. Defending was easy, attacking was hard.

On PES 2008 PS2 it's just the right balance, goals not on every matchs, sometimes 3-1, 1-0, 2-2, 4-4 etc. even if there's no 6 stars difficulty (only on WE 2008 ffs, why :MAD: also on JL2008) i wanted to try. On a ML better not using Legendary lol or you lost all chance to win something at least.

Last edited:
I don't know I personally feel like if there is challenge but it's very removed from reality (for example lower teams playing like prime Barça), my suspension of disbelief or whatever you want to call it flies from the window. And since I mostly play football games to see random narratives emerge.. it's kind of a big problem.

There are notable exception where it isn't true for me, like all WE9 based games, where all teams on vanilla games play more or less bad football, at least on average.. but I have incredible fun anyway cause it's hard to score, stats are are prominent etc. etc. so it's not really a super rigid rule if the "environment" let me build my stories with some kind logic. Unfortunately latest Pes never gave me back this feel at least to this day.

But.. in the end, to each his own I guess. Of course the right degree of difficulty is vital to me too or it all gets stupid. In the end problem with arriving at an objective, shared conclusion about challenge level, if we save the most obvious and accepted ones (I don't know, since it's the one talked this afternoon, Pes 16 keepers being universally bad for example.. noone could argue otherwise), is that it's really, really subjective in most cases. I've seen the majority of football games I know being called piss easy or incredibly frustrating by a person or another. I remember this italian forum at the times of Pes 2011 when a guy was arguing how he was walking through every team with ease at superstar.. while on the opposite in my ML I was struggling a lot with a really good team too lol.

Another one recently was this polemic I had under the videos of a popular youtuber of my country doing a series on Pes 6 for 360 (which is going surprisingly good for my own amusement).. this guy insisted to me and the others that since he could play 3-4-3 with star players and win every game, the game was poor. I mean how could you even argue with somebody with such a mindset lol.

ML on both.
Had two old saves on each games (both Milan and Betis)
I had one exhibition on 16 while installing it, and it plays differently for sure.
But solid gameplay on both ML (except 16s keepers)
Thank you! That is quite interesting; I am actually really tempted to give it a few more matches in Exhibition Match to see if I was just lucky yesterday or if it really is more apparent in Master League.

It certainly wouldn't be the only game in the series to have some strange "Master League Only"-quirks... 😉

Thank you! That is quite interesting; I am actually really tempted to give it a few more matches in Exhibition Match to see if I was just lucky yesterday or if it really is more apparent in Master League.

It certainly wouldn't be the only game in the series to have some strange "Master League Only"-quirks... 😉
Ha ha, yes Sir!
Some weird stuff over the years for sure.
It's a brilliant game otherwise, so if you like it go for it!
I'm pretty hooked on 15 right now

Yeah, difficulty if you remember in the past was the same even for low cost club against you.
Not playing like Barca but still dangerous. Personnally i never get a team i mean really, really "playing like Barca" or another big team : they're limited about their stats. It's Barca Discount to me. Well even IRL you can see plenty of try hard. But no, that's were individualities is cutting the problem at least to me.

Then, teams should just play better against you, but limited by their players stats or it's ain't the difficulty you requested, challenge. But honestly, what you're talking about (teams transformed litterally in Liverpool's Klopp) is more something from the concurrent... And whatever the players stats, it plays of course a role but almost negligible, it's something like stats disappeared but fortunately until the last move > when it comes to score or protect it.

From my upcoming Winning Eleven 8 (PES 4) video. NOT soon.

I played PES 4 Wendetta and PES 4 World Patch. I assume they don't add sound effects so crowd noise is from the original game. Stadium atmosphere is so on point with the crowd noises (not talking about this clip, talking about my overral PES 4 gameplay).
Remember this clip? I released the full WE8 video more than one month ago. It's here.

Also there's my WE9 video, it was my fav video on my PS2 Era PES videos so I would suggest you to watch and I'm waiting for your comments 👀

Wow, what a fantastic thing it was to play WE8, WE9 and WE10, because it was fun from start to finish. I was amazed at the level of perfection that Konami had with each version that was released! Can anyone help me relive these emotions? Installing emulators?

Wow, what a fantastic thing it was to play WE8, WE9 and WE10, because it was fun from start to finish. I was amazed at the level of perfection that Konami had with each version that was released! Can anyone help me relive these emotions? Installing emulators?
You can play the modded PC versions like PES6 Original Season patch, WE9 Liveware Evolution Geezer patch etc. You can find them here.
If you want to play PS2 versions you can find WE8LE, WE9LE and WE10LE from here

You can play the modded PC versions like PES6 Original Season patch, WE9 Liveware Evolution Geezer patch etc. You can find them here.
If you want to play PS2 versions you can find WE8LE, WE9LE and WE10LE from here

How sensational! I installed some old Winning Elevens and missed them. I also installed the first WE that appeared on the ps2, which was the 5, how good it is to go back to the past. And you getting angry with efootball

I also installed the first WE that appeared on the ps2, which was the 5, how good it is to go back to the past.
The WE5 isn't very polished to be honest, like a copy from their older games. Stats are on 20, and it looks a bit too much to PS1 versions. PES 1 was pretty different and didn't feeled like a PS1 game, they added stuffs which was only doable on PS2.

I think that one-two are automatic aswell in WE5 not sure but with some months or work the difference is very big.
Well i tried it recently, wasn't disappointed that much but i didn't know how different it was from PES 1/WE5FE.

Try WE5FE (PES1 more balanced with roster updated) you can found tons of links with english or italian version from Rhapsody (the translator for both language ;) )

The WE5 isn't very polished to be honest, like a copy from their older games. Stats are on 20, and it looks a bit too much to PS1 versions. PES 1 was pretty different and didn't feeled like a PS1 game, they added stuffs which was only doable on PS2.

I think that one-two are automatic aswell in WE5 not sure but with some months or work the difference is very big.
Well i tried it recently, wasn't disappointed that much but i didn't know how different it was from PES 1/WE5FE.

Try WE5FE (PES1 more balanced with roster updated) you can found tons of links with english or italian version from Rhapsody (the translator for both language ;) )

Look, I downloaded the WE 5 J-League and actually the WE5 that I mentioned in the previous post is the same, because it's a lot of fun, what a pity we don't have these versions anymore that we had a lot of fun. Downloading more games!

If you don't found it, i can upload the English version (with real names for squad too)
But at the time there wasn't anything to mod kits or flags, and edit mode allowed it only since WE6. I remember creating myself Emblems lol.

There's two thing i was searching but now way to found it.
1. A WE6FE version with the original teams not Chievo replacing Fiorentina... Translated.

But every translations cames from the same italian Wedoit or Wendetta i don't remember. Plus, they assigned real kits. Stats are shitty but fortunately there's WE7 with Chievo on and every player necessary. Stats from PES 2 fits with WE7-PES3 an every players are there so... Just 2 hours to recopy and it's done.

2. VirtuaRED Deluxe patch from PC PES 2008 ,08-09 season even if i ain't a fan from their stats i can rectify pretty fast.
I didn't installed PES 2009 for obvious reason so it's the only season i don't got. Just the Kitserver with everything on it. When i follow instruction and put everything on the mentionned folder : i only got kits but no Team emblems neither cup or league, and it's not looking at all as the presentation showed on the website.

I installed one 07-08 patch but didn't liked it : same stats as Virtuared for created player and... Indonesian league. The careless league in the world for me.

Look, I downloaded the WE 5 J-League and actually the WE5 that I mentioned in the previous post is the same, because it's a lot of fun, what a pity we don't have these versions anymore that we had a lot of fun. Downloading more games!
For that version, i aint sure to get a translation patch (kinda normal in 2002 and i didn't even know there was a WE5-J version until... Last month lol)
When you won some league on J-League WE5-J version, there's 7-8 teams from Europe to confront from what i've read : Milan, Bayern, Manchester, Real, Juve, Barca or something like that but they're hidden. I don't remember if you could play with them. Well for a J-League only game, i don't care at all to play with teams already present in all other version from that season

Last edited:
Guys, i always played pes6 on pc but i would like to try the pes 2013. Does anyone have classic/legend option file with brazilian teams or maybe a patch? I'm not used to work with this game yet. Any help will be appreciated.

For that version, i aint sure to get a translation patch (kinda normal in 2002 and i didn't even know there was a WE5-J version until... Last month lol)
When you won some league on J-League WE5-J version, there's 7-8 teams from Europe to confront from what i've read : Milan, Bayern, Manchester, Real, Juve, Barca or something like that but they're hidden. I don't remember if you could play with them. Well for a J-League only game, i don't care at all to play with teams already present in all other version from that season

I remember that Wendetta was a very good team in the edits they did. I downloaded the Japanese version of J-Legue. Now I'm reviving the 2011 version

If you don't found it, i can upload the English version (with real names for squad too)
But at the time there wasn't anything to mod kits or flags, and edit mode allowed it only since WE6. I remember creating myself Emblems lol.

There's two thing i was searching but now way to found it.
1. A WE6FE version with the original teams not Chievo replacing Fiorentina... Translated.

But every translations cames from the same italian Wedoit or Wendetta i don't remember. Plus, they assigned real kits. Stats are shitty but fortunately there's WE7 with Chievo on and every player necessary. Stats from PES 2 fits with WE7-PES3 an every players are there so... Just 2 hours to recopy and it's done.

2. VirtuaRED Deluxe patch from PC PES 2008 ,08-09 season even if i ain't a fan from their stats i can rectify pretty fast.
I didn't installed PES 2009 for obvious reason so it's the only season i don't got. Just the Kitserver with everything on it. When i follow instruction and put everything on the mentionned folder : i only got kits but no Team emblems neither cup or league, and it's not looking at all as the presentation showed on the website.

I installed one 07-08 patch but didn't liked it : same stats as Virtuared for created player and... Indonesian league. The careless league in the world for me.
I remember that Wendetta was a very good team in the edits they did. I downloaded the Japanese version of J-Legue. Now I'm reviving the 2011 version

Friend , I have a doubt : With these versions I can play a ML quietly without having to use the memory card to save the progress ?

You still play with DVD??? for 50-60 euros you can buy a "FreeMcBoot" to insert in memory card.
Then you got an Hard Drive 500 to ++ gigas (i took the 500 it's far than enough)

But of course you have to get enough place to save your game.

AH i'm dumb, you probably play on PCSX2 i suppose lol, you got already a memory card on the package.
Just need to assign it, search directly on the program how to do it it's simple if you can read "assign a mem card on slot 1" and choose the one on memcard folder from PCSX2.
You can also made a copy as the MC is only 8 Mega, so you copy + create one bigger for more game (i put 32 or 64 MB personnally, they said more can gives some bugs. Enough for all WE/PES i own)

If it's PES 2011 pc there's no memory card on PC lol, neither on PS3 or 360.

Last edited:
You still play with DVD??? for 50-60 euros you can buy a "FreeMcBoot" to insert in memory card.
Then you got an Hard Drive 500 to ++ gigas (i took the 500 it's far than enough)

But of course you have to get enough place to save your game.

AH i'm dumb, you probably play on PCSX2 i suppose lol, you got already a memory card on the package.
Just need to assign it, search directly on the program how to do it it's simple if you can read "assign a mem card on slot 1" and choose the one on memcard folder from PCSX2.
You can also made a copy as the MC is only 8 Mega, so you copy + create one bigger for more game (i put 32 or 64 MB personnally, they said more can gives some bugs. Enough for all WE/PES i own)

If it's PES 2011 pc there's no memory card on PC lol, neither on PS3 or 360.

Game without DVD. I download all rooms and play friendly mode and CUP mode. And I wanted to test the ML of these versions

But on which support??? If it's PS2 with and HDD / or not you can got multiple ML save.

I will answer for both then :

Well, PES 2011 PS2 is not really good so i don't suggest to try that game, and it's easier to save with a Memcard, but you can with a Virtual MemCard but i don't know how to make it work. And on PC save are on slots, you can play multiple different ML, same for PS360.

On PC it's super easy to found a No-DVD copy with official patch and a crack, or instal PESEDIT (no crack need it's already on the patch, just need the installer and launch it)

But on which support??? If it's PS2 with and HDD / or not you can got multiple ML save.

I will answer for both then :

Well, PES 2011 PS2 is not really good so i don't suggest to try that game, and it's easier to save with a Memcard, but you can with a Virtual MemCard but i don't know how to make it work. And on PC save are on slots, you can play multiple different ML, same for PS360.

On PC it's super easy to found a No-DVD copy with official patch and a crack, or instal PESEDIT (no crack need it's already on the patch, just need the installer and launch it)

I found this link, have you tried this one?

Yesterday I posted my PES 4 and PES 5 videos here. Today I released my PES 2008 video.

For those who are interested, I'm sorry to say that it will be my last PES and football video for a very long time. I will be very busy for months, I assume I won't have free time to make videos.

Back
Top Bottom