The Retro-PES Corner

For WE 9 (J), the game had Arsenal and Chelsea licensed with their 05-06 season kits, despite that the rest of the clubs had the ones from the 04-05 season (which is logical).

But on PES 5, there were clubs who still had their 04-05 season kit from WE 9 (Villareal, Parma, Roma, Udinese...)
They corrected the mistakes on WE 10 (J).

Also, in PES 6, Villareal's goakeeper kit was the one from the previous season ( WE 10 (J)). They hadn't corrected it either with WE 10 LE or WE 2007 J-L.
The same for Zaragoza's goalkeeper

Screenshot 2022-08-16 171553.png gsdx_20220816171652.png

Screenshot 2022-08-16 172427.pnggsdx_20220816172451.png

Screenshot 2022-08-16 172604.png gsdx_20220816172631.png

1660678502994.png 1660678616240.png 1660678894797.png

Last edited:
Hey guys I see that in terms of "Retro PES", this thread pretty much covers the classics all the way up to PES 2013.

But I'd like to ask you guys' opinion and reviews about two installments I never played and know very little about, PES 2015 and 2016.

Not sure of these are considered retro.. But I feel enough time has passed so that we can discuss them?

Like I mentoned these are perhaps the two editions I know the least about, and I'd love to hear your opinions on these two versions. :TU:

Hey guys I see that in terms of "Retro PES", this thread pretty much covers the classics all the way up to PES 2013.

But I'd like to ask you guys' opinion and reviews about two installments I never played and know very little about, PES 2015 and 2016.

Not sure of these are considered retro.. But I feel enough time has passed so that we can discuss them?

Like I mentoned these are perhaps the two editions I know the least about, and I'd love to hear your opinions on these two versions. :TU:
2015 is one of my favourite Pes games in the Xbox one/PS4 era.
Best passing of all Pes games ,manual is really manual, PA1 is pretty much what PA0 is now.
Some small annoying things like CPU can beat you to often on the through ball,stamina drains very fast (which makes you play a bit smarter but draining too fast)
Probably best shooting of all Pes games (at least modern)
Best Pes when it comes to content.
Fully licensed La Liga 1-2 fully licenced Serie A (Sassuolo M ght be fake)

2016 could have been a classic Pes game, me for one think it's a brilliant game except for the goalies being horrible, really bad.
I usually play 20 min on all other pes games ,here 15 min otherwise every game will end with 4-4 5-5 results.
Really annoying and extremely weird that they never fixed it.
Game breaking to a great game otherwise

Thanks for your observations! Will probably give PES 2015 a shot with a good patch eventually! I'm a PA1 player so it'll be an interesting experiment to see how passing works in this game.. I'll get to finding a good patch eventually, as I think that's half of the experience right there, but from what I've read in your comments, it definitely seems like worth checking out. :TU:

Thanks for your observations! Will probably give PES 2015 a shot with a good patch eventually! I'm a PA1 player so it'll be an interesting experiment to see how passing works in this game.. I'll get to finding a good patch eventually, as I think that's half of the experience right there, but from what I've read in your comments, it definitely seems like worth checking out. :TU:
I was thinking the same questions the other day, as i played some ML in both games, where i have a fresh save.

I have 260+ hours in PES 2015 PC and about 960+ hours in 2016, while i am sure most of the 50% is editing time in PES 2016.

Well 2015 is a pretty solid game. It was a lot back to basics, when it came out. PA1 is very good, works as it should , the physicallity was again in PES standards, after the 2011-2013 period , which went in a lot experiments.

PES 2016 is a more simplified 2015, i am experiencing this again now, after i came back, 6 years latter, i have a tough time in 2015 where i am missing the learning curve, but 2016 is like people's PES. It is still like, i was playing it every day.

Also PES 2016 is more responsive, to a 2018 level, with less smooth animations and more physical game.

The defending AI and GK AI is like @rockstrongo said, almost non-existent.

I am pretty sure, 2016 suffered from the marketing campaign of that year. After the very late release of 2015, they wanted to rush the production, and throw every marketing gimmick they had, that's why the 20 years anniversary label is here.

This resulted to shortcomings in gameplay, and in content, if you remember, the rosters were Live Updated, almost a month after release, and some rest of Europe teams, were added with a future Datapack. Which led to a lot backlash and criticism back then. Practically, the game launched in September and you couldn't start a proper ML, until late November.

Also a personal hint here. I am pretty sure that the 2016 was so rushed, by the stupid deadlines KONaMI pushes and a very good FIFA that existed that years 2014-2016, which additionally pushed the PES productions team for sure. I believe that the 2016 is the most forgettable game for the PES productions team, i believe nobody remembers anything by its development.

Finally in content, here's where i will disagree with @rockstrongo . PES 2016 was the most full of official content, until PES 2019 arrived.

It has the 2015 package, Serie A, Juventus, Man United, licensed, La Liga licensed, Bayern Munich with Allianz Arena ( yes it wasn't new feature in 2020, it was there since 2015 :) ) , Bradileirao, Liga Argentina, and the difference with 2015, it has again Liga Chilena, which Liga was in 2014, removed in 2015 and back again in game in 2016.

Then a full licensed Libertadores and Sudamericsna, the equivalent super cup of Latin America, Recopa Sudamericana. I miss so much those Latin America domestic competitions, i think they add a lot to the game, and should exist in latter PES games, even as fake, not only the Fake Libertadores.

And of course the AFC CL. Add to this, that those competitions, Libertadores, Sudamericana, AFC CL, start in February/March, so KoNAMi took full advantage of the license that years, 2015-2016, having for example in 2016, both the 2014 and the 2015 versions of that Competitions, both as a standalone game mode, and as additional teams in Master League.

Due to this , you may see in edit mode that some teams may exist 3 times, like i think Deportivo Cali or Atletico Nacional, but in ML , there is a duplicate buster, so they appear only as one.

And finally 2016 has the Euro 2016 datapack, the last one, which according to that years lore, came finally FREE DLC, as an apology for that years inconvenience by KONAMI.

But it comes again in a KONaMI way, not all European nations inside, not all present EU teams licensed and from official EURO stadiums, only Stade de France.

In short terms, content wise, PES 2016 has what PES 2015 had, plus Liga Chilena and EURO 2016.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the great observations! I think I might start with PES 2015, the gameplay sounds like it could be interesting, plus it kind of sounds from what you guys say as the more polished of the two installments, even if 2016 has a bit more content..

What about PC patches? Are there any particular ones that you guys recommend? As you know I love South American and Asian Leagues, so those would be a plus, but overall I'm looking for the most polished and complete patches out there for 2015 as I've never played "vanilla edit mode" and rely heavily on patches for my campaigns and Master Leagues. :TU:

@millossobek also in ML, 2015 doesn't have Team Spirit, it has some other value, Team Trust, not sure stil how it works, it increases as you win.

And 2016 has Team Spirit, and despite its despite its debut, it is the best implemented version, it works as it should be, increases and decreases according to recent performance and you can also check the CPU teams TS in gameplan, which is not possible in newer PES games.

Also low TS in 2016 means that your team has just not as good teamwork as innhigh TS, nothing like the new TS that dumps down your players individually.

Cool, thanks for the great observations! I think I might start with PES 2015, the gameplay sounds like it could be interesting, plus it kind of sounds from what you guys say as the more polished of the two installments, even if 2016 has a bit more content..

What about PC patches? Are there any particular ones that you guys recommend? As you know I love South American and Asian Leagues, so those would be a plus, but overall I'm looking for the most polished and complete patches out there for 2015 as I've never played "vanilla edit mode" and rely heavily on patches for my campaigns and Master Leagues. :TU:
For both games, i used the PTE team patch, although you won't find acrive links now.

Also in Europe there was a PES galaxy patch for 2015, but still inactive links by now.

Well in finally removed the 2015, amd i play my edited version, not as shinny as a patch though, cause most patches in 2015 create a ghost player in ML, and I don't know if it is potential threat for ML crash.

2016 PTE patch is very good, but seems peft PLA, PAS amd rest of LATAM fake teams, as fake, probably in order for user to edit whatever he likes over that fake leagues.

Also some tools that needed for PC, like sider of that year, is a must have, but some others, like an active PES selector a guy gave me a link, IIRC was @cleanslate doesn't work with my steam version.

But sider is a must have, it doesn't do a lot like today, but it unlocksnthe entrance scene in match, which in PC was stupidity locked by KONaMI and lets you picks free sides, if you want to play with a friend.

Last edited:
I think you guys said it all for both games.

15 is a nice solid title, for the little I played it. When it first came out it coincided with the two years I fell out of love from football games (after Pes 14 let down, so more like three in total), so I barely tried it and decided to came back to my LOL addiction of the times. I gave it some time an year ago or something tho. It's a polished and complete product.. felt a bit like a "lighter" 17. Must seriously give it a shot again sometimes.

16 on the other hand.. man what a mess they did. It could have possibly been a masterpiece, as it is it's probably the only Pes from Ps2 era up to 21 I couldn't retake. Too many exploits, defenses too weak, keepers with no AI.. still have no idea how they could have release it in this state. It's a shame cause animations, rythm and visually wise it's still a joy to watch. But pad in hands.. can't touch it.

@millossobek here is a filtered search on pesnewupdate for PES 2015 patches, you can choose from a variety but I'd recommend PES Galaxy or PTE Patch being the most complete out of all other patches…

Here: https://www.pesnewupdate.com/search/label/PES 2015 Patch?max-results=10

If you are a nerd for having as much graphic content, you can check moddingway for different categories such as: Adboards, Balls, Boots, Chants, Faces, Gloves, Kits, Scoreboards, Stadiums, you name it. Or check out this amazing heaven: https://www.pesoccerworld.com/descargas/pro-evolution-soccer-2015-pc-843.html

Remember those are optional as they might cause some issues for the patch if you don't pay attention, for example the differences of player IDs in patches etc... can cause some players to have the wrong faces

Also some tools that needed for PC, like sider of that year, is a must have, but some others, like an active PES selector a guy gave me a link, IIRC was @cleanslate doesn't work with my steam version.
Haha I was about to correct you that I'm not the guy :P

And 2016 has Team Spirit, and despite its despite its debut, it is the best implemented version, it works as it should be, increases and decreases according to recent performance and you can also check the CPU teams TS in gameplan, which is not possible in newer PES games.
I still remember it, and as you said it was the best implemented version, despite a loss you can see the Team Spirit increases mainly because of smaller details such as successful passes from two or more players, how many ground or aerial challenges won, how many shots taken, or how many saves, not only if you win

@The Moroccan @slamsoze @rockstrongo @Madmac79

Guys, thanks a lot for your patch hunting and reviews!! After reading everything and considering it carefully, I decided to try PES 2015. I have a feeling I'm really going to like it, as it seems like a similar, earlier version of 2017, and I absolutely love 2017! Brilliant. :)

I'm still trying to decide between PTE patch and PES Galaxy patch, will take a more in-depth look at them but I think definitely will use one of the two as my "main" patch, although I might also take a look at @The Moroccan 's links and go patch hunting for more Asian or South American based patches just for fun. :)

I'll probably play a "bare bones" version of the patch without any add ons for now, and slowly add them on as I progress!

Again, "Gracias Totales", bros! :TU:

@The Moroccan @slamsoze @rockstrongo @Madmac79

Guys, thanks a lot for your patch hunting and reviews!! After reading everything and considering it carefully, I decided to try PES 2015. I have a feeling I'm really going to like it, as it seems like a similar, earlier version of 2017, and I absolutely love 2017! Brilliant. :)

I'm still trying to decide between PTE patch and PES Galaxy patch, will take a more in-depth look at them but I think definitely will use one of the two as my "main" patch, although I might also take a look at @The Moroccan 's links and go patch hunting for more Asian or South American based patches just for fun. :)

I'll probably play a "bare bones" version of the patch without any add ons for now, and slowly add them on as I progress!

Again, "Gracias Totales", bros! :TU:
You made wanting to play it too.
Quick story.
Probably my best ML on a modern Pes, played as Torino and managed to stay up with just a few points season 1, same thing season two.
Really tough game (at least then)
Plus this is the first Pes game (not before and not up until Pes 19 I think) where you could get fired as a coach.

All this talk about PES 2015 and 2016 made me want to play something else than PES 2011 (which really is my football game of choice these days)!

I ended up playing a few matches of the PS3 version of 2016; I remember playing - mostly editing - the PS4 "Euro Edition" of the game back in the day, and I never actually gave the PS3 version any thought until I picked it up used a few years ago.

Interestingly, the goalkeeper issue didn't show itself in my two exhibition matches (Newcastle vs. Leicester and Urawa Diamonds vs. Kashiwa Reysol). I had plenty of chances in both games, but only scored one goal in the second match.

... fast-forward to the first game in the mock ML-save I set up: Final score 5-6, with some of the most hilariously bad goalkeeping I have ever seen! 😅

This was a huge disappointment, as I actually joyed the overall gameplay quite a bit!

Players have weight to them, nasty tackles result in "downed" (or injured) players and there's a lot of neat details and animations... it's just a shame the game is from the era where player models started to look really generic. Oh, and those goalkeepers...

Does anyone remember if it is possible to "hot fix" goalkeepers by editing their stats? 🤔

All this talk about PES 2015 and 2016 made me want to play something else than PES 2011 (which really is my football game of choice these days)!

I ended up playing a few matches of the PS3 version of 2016; I remember playing - mostly editing - the PS4 "Euro Edition" of the game back in the day, and I never actually gave the PS3 version any thought until I picked it up used a few years ago.

Interestingly, the goalkeeper issue didn't show itself in my two exhibition matches (Newcastle vs. Leicester and Urawa Diamonds vs. Kashiwa Reysol). I had plenty of chances in both games, but only scored one goal in the second match.

... fast-forward to the first game in the mock ML-save I set up: Final score 5-6, with some of the most hilariously bad goalkeeping I have ever seen! 😅

This was a huge disappointment, as I actually joyed the overall gameplay quite a bit!

Players have weight to them, nasty tackles result in "downed" (or injured) players and there's a lot of neat details and animations... it's just a shame the game is from the era where player models started to look really generic. Oh, and those goalkeepers...

Does anyone remember if it is possible to "hot fix" goalkeepers by editing their stats? 🤔
I edited every GK in Serie A on my last ML (all GK stats and still a horrible mess)

One good thing for me playing older games (not 20-21) is that I never transfer players making all te roster up to date, sometimes my own team but that's pretty much it.
Never bothered me on old games

I thought I would share the results so far from the competition that my brother and me are having in our LEWS ALL COMERS CUP which we started back in 2020.

It is a PDF file and (hopefully) if you click on the date you will see all the goals from that date, click on the match number and you will see the highlights from that match, or if you click on the time of the goal you will see the goal, same with pen shoot outs too. This is only from the 1st Round although some of the older games have highlights too if you can find the link. :P

He is 'a' and I am 'g' and so far we have played 106 games with him winning 54 and me 52. So very tight, even penalty shoot outs we have won 10 each. :)

All matches are from my PES2008 PS2 Option file.

Attachments

• LEWS ALL COMERS CUP 2020-?.pdf
    219.9 KB · Views: 7
Yeah one thing I forgot with Pes 2015, talking about water polo score. @slamsoze
CPU Vs CPU( every game you don't play) results in Pes 2015 is insane.
5-5 6-2 6-3 etc.
So if you feel like simming one of your own games ,set the match time as low as possible.

And manager mode (just watching the game) is unreliable as hell too (like all modern Pes games)

Yeah one thing I forgot with Pes 2015, talking about water polo score. @slamsoze
CPU Vs CPU( every game you don't play) results in Pes 2015 is insane.
5-5 6-2 6-3 etc.
So if you feel like simming one of your own games ,set the match time as low as possible.

And manager mode (just watching the game) is unreliable as hell too (like all modern Pes games)
And one other hint for ML, especially for those going with a generic team.

You can increase your ML income, if you pick a bigger stadium, from the edit mode, the bigger the stadium, the more the momey , after every home match.

In some cases you must go by instinct though, cause stadium capacity is not measured by numbers , as in the PS2 era.

I edited every GK in Serie A on my last ML (all GK stats and still a horrible mess)
Aww, what a shame! Thank you for letting me know, though.

I suppose it was foolish to hope "stats manipulation" (😆) would do the trick!

Might just have to stick to exhibition matches, if I feel like playing more in the future.

I am a little tempted to do a "shallow" edit of the unlicensed teams, e.g. correcting emblems, names and making sure kits look somewhat correct.

Some of the features in Edit Mode are quite intriguing, too. I had completely forgotten it was possible to import multiple chants for teams and that kits weren't just one, single image... maybe this is because it's the PS3-version? 🤔

Might just have to stick to exhibition matches, if I feel like playing more in the future.

I am a little tempted to do a "shallow" edit of the unlicensed teams, e.g. correcting emblems, names and making sure kits look somewhat correct.

Some of the features in Edit Mode are quite intriguing, too. I had completely forgotten it was possible to import multiple chants for teams and that kits weren't just one, single image... maybe this is because it's the PS3-version? 🤔
Aha, PS3 version?
Too bad about the GK,I'd say it's a very good game otherwise.
Must have had a meltdown at Konami since they didn't patch that.
Goalies in 15/17/18/19/20/21 are great, really weird.

I played it on TP the last time, maybe they're better on SS but I doubt it (I used to play it on SS back in the day)

Its the pastgen formant, PS3 and PC.. Although I was on PC, i did imported a lot kits by this method, before i installed patches.

If you wanna torture your self a lot, pesmaster kitmaker, offers you to export your created kits in that format, PS3 amd there wad, not sure if still exists, a site that has kits in that format, to pieces.

https://emptyspaceskits.weebly.com/

I thought I would share the results so far from the competition that my brother and me are having in our LEWS ALL COMERS CUP which we started back in 2020.

It is a PDF file and (hopefully) if you click on the date you will see all the goals from that date, click on the match number and you will see the highlights from that match, or if you click on the time of the goal you will see the goal, same with pen shoot outs too. This is only from the 1st Round although some of the older games have highlights too if you can find the link. :P

He is 'a' and I am 'g' and so far we have played 106 games with him winning 54 and me 52. So very tight, even penalty shoot outs we have won 10 each. :)

All matches are from my PES2008 PS2 Option file.

Here are the goals from our latest session. Wolves played a blinder :)

Its the pastgen formant, PS3 and PC.. Although I was on PC, i did imported a lot kits by this method, before i installed patches.

If you wanna torture your self a lot, pesmaster kitmaker, offers you to export your created kits in that format, PS3 amd there wad, not sure if still exists, a site that has kits in that format, to pieces.

https://emptyspaceskits.weebly.com/
Oh, I see! I remember seeing the PS3-option the few times I have used the pesmaster kitmaker and I always wondered why the result was so "fractured". It makes sense now! 😁

... but you are quite right, applying all those to the unlicensed teams of he game seem like a kind of torture I am currently not in the mood for. 😅

@rockstrongo and @slamsoze have made me want to play either PES 2015 or 2016 again! I might have to pick up the PS4 version from eBay.

Which is the best for a lengthy, challenging and realistic master league? How are both games for stadiums? I know I could mod a PC version but I hate playing on computer these days.

@rockstrongo and @slamsoze have made me want to play either PES 2015 or 2016 again! I might have to pick up the PS4 version from eBay.

Which is the best for a lengthy, challenging and realistic master league? How are both games for stadiums? I know I could mod a PC version but I hate playing on computer these days.
16 has more stadiums,pretty decent package ,15 has very few stadiums.
I'd rather play 15 because of the shitty GK in 16.
If not for that ,16 for sure.

Back
Top Bottom