The Retro-PES Corner

Well, i don't play PS1 games any more on my PC
But on your case, and because i got also some issues with Epsxe : i switched to Duckstation for a test > and yes it's easier to config and runs better like everyone said.

PCSX is a bit more stable and bug free even the Android version. For a PC version it's very limited in option compared to Epsxe.

But now, i play with PCSXrearmed on a raspberry + Batocera or Recalbox some graphics tweaks from the Android Emulator does the job. But i own an extra which makes a lot : a Scanline generator i brough when his price was 30-35 euros. The popularity makes the tool jumping to 50 euros... So it doesn't solicitate the Raspberry CPU.

I just need to add a simple Bilinear filter as *2 resolution alone worked well, but not with a shader to improve the 2D part.
The image on a 4K TV for those games are pretty good, a bit retro : not as good as if you settle to 1080p on Duck/Epsxe but accurate and without aliasing (scanlines + bilinear shader cut it).

I can vouch for this. Duckstation is awesome.

I got no idea how faster it's to emulate in comparison to Epsxe, but it's smooth as butter on my old GFX card with practically everything turned on max. Resolutions, shaders, etc.
Before i got some small stutters, slowdown on 1440*1080 (got to change the resolution on my NVIDIA panel not because it was stretched, but i much more slowdown)
Now i can set it to 1080p, no slowdown, time charging super fast etc.

Yes, Duckstation is the better /no contest/ option to emulate a PS1 on PC, even a bit old. Awesome as you said.
PS1 to HD Dreamcast transformation.

Had to come here… to this holy thread! 😊

because last night, I had a first look at the iPad version of eF… and the crowd in this version of the beta is soooooo old school! 😂
holy cow… did I had a laugh! 😂🥳
it reminded me of the good old days of football games on SNES or Master System! :LOL:

At least giving him blue clair eyes and another haircut (starting to loose his hair he needed at least a preset hairstyle too)

Well perhaps not as strong for them. He was a super mental leader, captain of both Nazionale and Juve. One of the most underrated player from the game... With some Juve players too (perhaps because they were interist lol). I remember in the past on the league we did, people always said that Juve was weak in game. In fact, not easy to master.

After, that team was more about Teamwork and Defense. But for attacking : thanks to Nedved, he was my defence killer.
Also, remember that i was stronger as strong if not stronger with Zalayeta than Trézéguet. He should have got more agility, a bit in shoot power and teamwork.
Dribbling was +- ok, but he turned fast to the goal i remember, as he shooted directly, and just protected the ball.

One of the player i may score often if i apply myself, but without got the feeling to master him like if the AI was doing half of the job haha.

Hey guys, it has been a while since I last posted in here.

curious to know what everyone is playing at the moment? Is anyone taking a deep dive into a particular WE/PES games or patched game?

Hey guys, it has been a while since I last posted in here.

curious to know what everyone is playing at the moment? Is anyone taking a deep dive into a particular WE/PES games or patched game?

I'm playing Winning Eleven 9 LE with Chenghis OF (tactics and stats heavily adjusted). Truly a masterwork. I dare say for me it's the best classic patch ever made even tho it's not really a classic patch lol (also plenty of modern teams).

I've also started a ML with Pes 2008 pc.. despite it being considered so bad by everyone, first three games were tons of fun.. I've even put togheter a dubious montage, will probably share it before long.

I'm playing Winning Eleven 9 LE with Chenghis OF (tactics and stats heavily adjusted). Truly a masterwork. I dare say for me it's the best classic patch ever made even tho it's not really a classic patch lol (also plenty of modern teams).

I've also started a ML with Pes 2008 pc.. despite it being considered so bad by everyone, first three games were tons of fun.. I've even put togheter a dubious montage, will probably share it before long.
I can't wait to watch your 2008 montage dude. Really curious if still that GK animation happens, when conceded goals, that wierd Tony Hawk "diving" animation, ball bouncing on their leg->ground->goal, or it was due to lower graphics settings, and it looks better, animation wise on good PC.

Hello guys, I have a request for kit collectors.
I'm looking for Parma golden era kits (1998-2002) compatible with pes 5.
I tried to convert the pes 6 ones without luck.
Hope someone can help me :))

I can't wait to watch your 2008 montage dude. Really curious if still that GK animation happens, when conceded goals, that wierd Tony Hawk "diving" animation, ball bouncing on their leg->ground->goal, or it was due to lower graphics settings, and it looks better, animation wise on good PC.

I can imagine it as there were many weird keepers animations in that era.. can't remember this one specifically tho :). I don't think that's happened in those three games I played, certainly not in the gols! Will surely keep an eye for it anyway :).

Same, and lately because of testing, i've been playing original season on pes5 too

Hello guys, I have a request for kit collectors.
I'm looking for Parma golden era kits (1998-2002) compatible with pes 5.
I tried to convert the pes 6 ones without luck.
Hope someone can help me :))
Only last week I saw a guy jogging with a circa 1995 blue n yellow hooped parma top. If i had a hat it would have been tipped.

The camera angle at the replay is better than PES15-16

The free replay is also, ehr, very free and much better than most Pes modern ones. Can't remember when they started messing it up, I'm sure it was this good at least up to Pes 2010.

Since the ps2 modding here its quite strong im gonna leave my last tool https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-we-jl-blender-2-67-face-hair-modifier-add-on.91658/
Its the same blender addon to edit pes6/5/4 face/hair pc models but ported to ps2 and works on every version of pes we or jl, not sure how many facemakers there's around here but maybe someone will find it useful
Wouldn’t know what to do with it but I’d love to see some examples of the work this tool can do 🙂

Sorry bro but i don't think or remember at all neither of the 3 lol... Not a PES 2013 fan in my case. Or it was asked by someone yearss ago then.
The game i asked not really to edit but to convert PS3 to PC exports was PES 2014. I got many tools but 360/PC was not PS3 friendly.

Also asked to install it with all DLC on a PS3 Jailbreak, not here (found the way, no need to rebuild etc. just to put in a different place)

I don't remember at all someone asked for editing something from that era :THINK:

Ah yes
not sure if it was here, but i do remember someone wanting to edit pes 2013 from wii i've got a feeling that it was @vialli82 @gabe.paul.logan or @Marlon Anthony sorry if im mistaken, but if that person reads this message, you can send me your files again i can check it out once again, (now i do understand better of pes files in general)
I had a query, I wanted to extract the hi-res crowd texture from PES 2013 on the Wii, But I couldn't access the files in 0_text.afs with AFS Explorer

I'll share the file again if you have wanna have another stab and see if you have any luck

I don't unfortunately. Normally you could explore/extract all the bin files in an afs and just check them manually to figure out what the textures are, but as I can't access the AFS, I can see what files are in there

I can access with dkz studio, not sure which tool should i use to explore the textures, ggs? Or for pes2013 there's another?

Hi. I am looking for this patch for pes 2013. But I couldn't find it anywhere, the links don't work. I would be very happy if he uploaded this patch to the internet.d5ud7zg.png

I don't unfortunately. Normally you could explore/extract all the bin files in an afs and just check them manually to figure out what the textures are, but as I can't access the AFS, I can see what files are in there

ok, there's a good and a bad new, with dkz studio i extracted the first file, i notice it was a zlib file with the zlib tool i extract it, then... i didnt understood at first the file, but different from PES on PC or PS2 or even PsP the one from wii is on big endian format not little endian, what does that means? the order of the bytes changes, lets say we have the number 3 in little endian is 03 00 00 00 but in big endian is 00 00 00 03, in fact i found a texture and some models seems to have a similar format to ps2, but the texture can't be decode, not sure if there are tools to view textures from wii or nintendo console

A little OT question. Do you guys have a light video editing tool to merge clips and maybe put some basic things like fade in/out effects that you could suggest me? Now that it's summer Vegas Pro hottens my not so fresh pc at an unacceptable level even after all the tips I found online, I'll probably won't have a CPU by the end of august if I keep using it lol.

A little OT question. Do you guys have a light video editing tool to merge clips and maybe put some basic things like fade in/out effects that you could suggest me? Now that it's summer Vegas Pro hottens my not so fresh pc at an unacceptable level even after all the tips I found online, I'll probably won't have a CPU by the end of august if I keep using it lol.
Maybe the free video editor Shortcut could help you

Or the other free VE Kdenlive

Back
Top Bottom