The Retro-PES Corner

Αre the stadius names in kitserver written with special (romanian) symbols that your Windows does not recognize as language?
Hi bro! I took a look at the stadiums and they all seem to have "normal" symbols

1638897164029.png

But I found something else.. looking at the stadium-map, it seems to be empty. Strange that a patched game would come with this empty map.. Could this be the problem?

1638897246081.png

The funny part is, even if I choose a different stadium in exhibition, it goes back to the same stadium, The Arena Nationale FCSB!
As you can tell bro I am quite the noob when it comes to PES 6 stadium editing, lool.. :LOL:

Hey PES fans!
I need help with reading the Copa Libertadores teams' data in PES 2013. My idea is to base copy the squad of the CL Champions to any random team, and play against them with my Master League team in Konami Cup, which will basically be considered as "Intercontinental Cup".

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 07-Dec-21 9_08_30 PM.png
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 07-Dec-21 9_08_30 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Hi bro! I took a look at the stadiums and they all seem to have "normal" symbols

View attachment 135145

But I found something else.. looking at the stadium-map, it seems to be empty. Strange that a patched game would come with this empty map.. Could this be the problem?

View attachment 135146

The funny part is, even if I choose a different stadium in exhibition, it goes back to the same stadium, The Arena Nationale FCSB!
As you can tell bro I am quite the noob when it comes to PES 6 stadium editing, lool.. :LOL:
Not sure right now. I would map the first 3 stadiums according to the example, without the hashtag and check if works.

Next up in the LAC Cup Round 1,

Bayern Munich (me) v Tunisia (my bro)

Excellent game this one, it builds and we loved it. So tense... :CALM:

Is that a bandage on Muller's right thigh when he takes the penalty?
Great game. Your OF is very interesting applying the stats adjustment, it looks more realistic, although I got used to a faster gameplay. Will you keep updating it this season?
I will surely finish in a couple of months the next Laziale 2022.

By the way, the bandage appeared in previous pes, even during the match, but it is the first time I have seen it in pes 2008, I suppose it is only worn by those injured in the penalty shoot-out.

Great game. Your OF is very interesting applying the stats adjustment, it looks more realistic, although I got used to a faster gameplay. Will you keep updating it this season?
I will surely finish in a couple of months the next Laziale 2022.

By the way, the bandage appeared in previous pes, even during the match, but it is the first time I have seen it in pes 2008, I suppose it is only worn by those injured in the penalty shoot-out.

Yeah the adjusted speed definitely makes the game more realistic to me.

Yes I am continuously updating the file. This time I am working on the ISO file (thanks to many of the guy‘s tips on evoweb) along with the Option File, so it will only work on an emulator or by playing the game on the PS2 via USB. This means that there will be new turfs, new league emblems, all team badges updated (so not limited to the usual amount). I just wish I knew how to update the kits via the ISO as this would improve it even more.

Like you, the bandage I have seen on previous PES’ but not in 2008. I am always seeing new things in this game. In one game Son went down injured and then was struggling to get up and even the ref came over to see if he was ok, I think he had a groin strain. I have never seen that before either, just wish I had recorded it.

I look forward to the next Laziale 2022 :)

Last edited:
You need to go to Windows Start/search and type "notepad" find the notepad icon then open with right click/run as administrator.
Then copy the command lines from the original kload file and close it.
Paste them in your opened as administrator notepad.
Make the changes you want and press save as, then browse to your kitserver and click on the old kload file. (from where you copied the code) It will ask you to replace it, press yes and you are finished ;)
@slamsoze @sampa543 Either that or just drag the kload.cfg file to the desktop, edit and save then drag it back into the folder. Bloody windows and its permissions! You need permission. No I don't it's my f*ing computer!
@Madmac79 although you fixed the issues, here's the old discussion, @mattmid had a more simple fix.

Now that the Search button works again.

If only it was like that in real life...

See pre Champions League.

So much better, straight 2 legs knockout, something riding on every game. UEFA cup much stronger because it was those teams who aren't champions who are now in the champions league. Then the great Cup Winners cup that in theory gave every club in the country a chance to be in Europe. I remember enjoying games as a kid watching Aberdeen and Dundee Utd on sportsnight beating some of the big European sides with the likes of David Narey, Paul Sturrock, Alex McLeish, Gordon Strachan, Willie Miller etc. Great times.

See pre Champions League.

So much better, straight 2 legs knockout, something riding on every game. UEFA cup much stronger because it was those teams who aren't champions who are now in the champions league. Then the great Cup Winners cup that in theory gave every club in the country a chance to be in Europe. I remember enjoying games as a kid watching Aberdeen and Dundee Utd on sportsnight beating some of the big European sides with the likes of David Narey, Paul Sturrock, Alex McLeish, Gordon Strachan, Willie Miller etc. Great times.

I think even the Champions League had its moments. The real killer for me was including non-champions. ☹️

The exploits of the 'New Firm' in the 80s were insane. Us winning the CWC and Super Cup, United reaching the Uefa Cup final and deserving a European Cup final. Very changed days!

I think even the Champions League had its moments. The real killer for me was including non-champions. ☹️

The exploits of the 'New Firm' in the 80s were insane. Us winning the CWC and Super Cup, United reaching the Uefa Cup final and deserving a European Cup final. Very changed days!

Yeah to be fair it did in the early days. The irony of actually naming it Champions League after having always been that and then a few years later including as many non-champions as they can is pretty impressive!

Yes it was quite a feat by Ferguson and McLean to get those two challenging and beating the old firm during that time. I used to see them in those European games so often that I got to know the players really well at that time and can still remember a fair few of them even now. Some brilliant games too, Dundee Utd beating Barcelona in the Uefa Cup. Also weren't they a goal away from a European Cup Final being beaten by Roma? Aberdeen beating Real Madrid. Heady days! Very sad that it's virtually impossible that those sorts of things could happen again unless things were to change drastically.

You know what we should do? We should create patches for retro PES with those old competitions for recent years. European Cup 2021, Cup Winner's Cup 2018, UEFA Cup 2020, with the old rules. Champions League is excruciatingly boring to me.

If we cannot live it in the real world, we certainly can create it for ourselves then. That's what virtual reality is for :)

Reactions: Vbo
You know what we should do? We should create patches for retro PES with those old competitions for recent years. European Cup 2021, Cup Winner's Cup 2018, UEFA Cup 2020, with the old rules. Champions League is excruciatingly boring to me.
Glad my post sparked a patch idea!
Interestingly, the following teams wouldn't have won the European Cup, history would've been very different:

Man United 1999
Real Madrid 2000
Milan 2003
Liverpool 2005
Milan 2007
Barcelona 2009
Chelsea 2012
Bayern 2013
Real Madrid 2014
Barcelona 2015
Real Madrid 2016
Real Madrid 2017 (They couldn't have been Title Holders under the old rules)
Liverpool 2019
Chelsea 2021

anyone's got an issue with pes 2008 not saving?
What part is not saving? What system are you on?

Here is the next game of the LAC Cup Round 1.

Australia (my bro) v Fulham (me)

This is the last game for a few weeks until I meet with my brother again.

I noticed that there are more fouls when I play the CPU than when I play against my brother, we must be very fair in the tackle :LOL:

Hi bros!

I was wondering if there are any PES 2010 editing enthusiasts or people who are knowledgeable about editing this installment!

I was able to change the league structure in my patch, but I haven't been able to change Cup and League Logos.

Basically, after moving Peruvian teams to the Chilean League (basically creating a Peruvian League), I would like to change the logo and name of the local league and cup, so that it reflects the Peruvian League..

1639163914582.png

Maybe one of you guys could help me? Thanks in advance!

:TU:

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have been having a few issues with doing the England kit (PES 2008) using GGS and I am really hoping that someone maybe able to help.

I originally changed the England kit to one from another patch from PES 6. I did this by loading the patch into GGS and then, locating the England kit, saving it, and then loading the PES2008 patch into GGS and then right-click dragging the new kit over the old one.

Initially I thought it looked ok but looking closer it is not right. So I decided to go back to the original kit. But here is where the problem is.

I thought that I could just load the original PES2008 patch into GGS and then copy the original England kit onto the PES2008 patch that I am working on. But when I play, England's kit is now see through. I have tried all different things but it is still the same.

For some reason when I check the current bitmap for the kit it says that 203 colours are used but on the original one there were 256 colours used. I believe that this is the problem but I cannot work out how to rectify it. Even the amount of memory used is a lot less, so something is definitely missing somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want England's old kit back :(

Thanks.

PS. I have found out how to do it. I just loaded up the original PES2008 patch into GGS and extracted the England uniform file and loaded it into the file I am working on. Phew! I have come too far with this file of mine without needing to balls it all up :LOL:

Last edited:
Man United 1999
Real Madrid 2000
Milan 2003
Liverpool 2005
Milan 2007
Barcelona 2009
Chelsea 2012
Bayern 2013
Real Madrid 2014
Barcelona 2015
Real Madrid 2016
Real Madrid 2017 (They couldn't have been Title Holders under the old rules)
Liverpool 2019
Chelsea 2021

That means 14 of the last 22 winners weren't even Champions, I had no idea it was quite that high!

Benefits of going back to the old style:

Real value to winning your league and every country gets a chance.
Genuine knockout football all the way where every game means something.
Less games. With a preliminary round (perhaps 2) like they used to have in the European Cup which would probably then lead to a last 32 then a team likely to win it would only play 11 games to do so.
More interesting match ups than the same old games over and over again. Plus when two big sides do meet they haven't met 10+ times in the last 20 years and it's a massive occasion.

Benefits of keeping it as it is:

Keep all the 'big' clubs income flowing in
Money.

Right, that settles it then :BORED:

Yeah the adjusted speed definitely makes the game more realistic to me.

Yes I am continuously updating the file. This time I am working on the ISO file (thanks to many of the guy‘s tips on evoweb) along with the Option File, so it will only work on an emulator or by playing the game on the PS2 via USB. This means that there will be new turfs, new league emblems, all team badges updated (so not limited to the usual amount). I just wish I knew how to update the kits via the ISO as this would improve it even more.

Like you, the bandage I have seen on previous PES’ but not in 2008. I am always seeing new things in this game. In one game Son went down injured and then was struggling to get up and even the ref came over to see if he was ok, I think he had a groin strain. I have never seen that before either, just wish I had recorded it.

I look forward to the next Laziale 2022 :)

Over the years I've been playing with your OF, both @Heisenberg 's in the past and @geeeeee 's this year. I must say that I prefer the lower speed settings in the game stats and in addition to that, I have lowered the player's balance by 10% (global) and I think that more fight for the ball is generated. I also noticed this in J-League 2008, a game with lower stats.

I wonder if someone tried to modify balance and if it has an effect on other stats (also with defense and attack). All with the aim of achieving a more physical game and see new reactions perhaps.

:THINK:

Over the years I've been playing with your OF, both @Heisenberg 's in the past and @geeeeee 's this year. I must say that I prefer the lower speed settings in the game stats and in addition to that, I have lowered the player's balance by 10% (global) and I think that more fight for the ball is generated. I also noticed this in J-League 2008, a game with lower stats.

I wonder if someone tried to modify balance and if it has an effect on other stats (also with defense and attack). All with the aim of achieving a more physical game and see new reactions perhaps.

:THINK:

That sounds interesting regarding Balance, could you please elaborate a bit more. I would like to try this myself, i’m all for improving the game :)

Back
Top Bottom