The Retro-PES Corner

That means 14 of the last 22 winners weren't even Champions, I had no idea it was quite that high!

Benefits of going back to the old style:

Real value to winning your league and every country gets a chance.
Genuine knockout football all the way where every game means something.
Less games. With a preliminary round (perhaps 2) like they used to have in the European Cup which would probably then lead to a last 32 then a team likely to win it would only play 11 games to do so.
More interesting match ups than the same old games over and over again. Plus when two big sides do meet they haven't met 10+ times in the last 20 years and it's a massive occasion.

Benefits of keeping it as it is:

Keep all the 'big' clubs income flowing in
Money.

Right, that settles it then :BORED:
For me the Champions League was still decent till they gave the 4th-placed teams automatic qualification since 18/19 season.

Now, you don't see teams from countries like Russia, Ukraine, or Turkey in the last 16 anymore.

I'd love it if they revert to the old format, but I don't think it will ever happen. Sadly, it will get even worse as UEFA are planning for a new format with 36 teams, to compensate for the Super League breakaway.

That sounds interesting regarding Balance, could you please elaborate a bit more. I would like to try this myself, i’m all for improving the game :)
the way ive always done balance on my files is height based, makes it easier, so a player with 1.73m would get 73 balance or someone with 1.90m would get 90 balance and so on, gives you a good physics based on reality system to start with , someone special like diego maradona would get 90 balance because well he was impossible to knock off the ball

hope that helps

Last edited:
That sounds interesting regarding Balance, could you please elaborate a bit more. I would like to try this myself, i’m all for improving the game :)

Seems to me that a really high balance value gives a player the priority to win the position for the ball, take the best position for heading or win a low ball in the box. While it reflects reality quite well sometimes it feels a little overpowered like a gravity field it's generated around the player and you can´t affect it.

In your file I played like 5 seasons with Wycombe Wanderers and Akinfenwa, a CF very slow with ~90 balance. Several times an opponent controlled the ball and before he could clear it, Akinfenwa came from behind and generated an influence that prevented the clearance.
In my current team I hire a regen version of Zlatan and while he has several shitty stats his balance is pretty high and sometimes can dribble around without influence of the near opponents.

The game compares stats and sometimes throws strange results on the field. Lowering balance a global 10% reduce more the higher values and less the lowers and the range is shortened to closer values. What I don't know is if that 0-99 values are lineal or logarithmic wich would explain the overpowered feel (let's say for a +85 stat).

Anyways, I will stop the overthinking of a singular stat and keep enjoying an almost perfect game of football.

So let's continue now, with Wining Eleven J-League 2007

And yes, the stats are similar to PES 2008.

Let's take Messi as an exemple:

PES 6

1639425279230.png

WE J-League 2007

Screenshot (50).png

PES 2008

1639425424536.png

There's also Higuain (who's now a SS)

Screenshot (51).png

PES 2008

1639425487997.png

To be continued

the way ive always done balance on my files is height based, makes it easier, so a player with 1.73m would get 73 balance or someone with 1.90m would get 90 balance and so on, gives you a good physics based on reality system to start with , someone special like diego maradona would get 90 balance because well he was impossible to knock off the ball

hope that helps

Seems to me that a really high balance value gives a player the priority to win the position for the ball, take the best position for heading or win a low ball in the box. While it reflects reality quite well sometimes it feels a little overpowered like a gravity field it's generated around the player and you can´t affect it.

In your file I played like 5 seasons with Wycombe Wanderers and Akinfenwa, a CF very slow with ~90 balance. Several times an opponent controlled the ball and before he could clear it, Akinfenwa came from behind and generated an influence that prevented the clearance.
In my current team I hire a regen version of Zlatan and while he has several shitty stats his balance is pretty high and sometimes can dribble around without influence of the near opponents.

The game compares stats and sometimes throws strange results on the field. Lowering balance a global 10% reduce more the higher values and less the lowers and the range is shortened to closer values. What I don't know is if that 0-99 values are lineal or logarithmic wich would explain the overpowered feel (let's say for a +85 stat).

Anyways, I will stop the overthinking of a singular stat and keep enjoying an almost perfect game of football.

Thanks for the tips and insight @goalgerd and @Lucian0 i will really think about these and will give it a go once my OF is finished ;)

I'm really interested to know if it's possible to have WE 2007 J-League database on PES 6, or any possiblity to import the OP of WE 2007 J-League and convert it to PC

CSV importing? Calling @mattmid and @PeterC10.

Certainly the players and stats could be imported easily enough from the files @Flipper the Priest uploaded with a little jiggling around (and a bit of translating!) The other stats though such as body shape/size, hair, face etc I don't think we'd be able to get as only PES5 and PES6 of that era have tools to extract a csv of the OF with those details in it and WE2007 J League was between PES 3 and 4, is that right?

Anyone can create the xml file for db editor of Dkz studio for this game.

Cuz as default, DKZ have other WE J-League games that could be edited.

What I need from this game are team rosters, players ID and their stats and apoearances.

I want to update the default PES6 database.

Anyone knows how to have. xps file from the ISO ?

@H_G I think in PES6 editor you have to rename it to the PES6 file name. The PES5 editor picks up WE... but PES6 doesn't. However it loads the WE(10? I think) OF if you rename it to PES6. Might be worth trying that

Besides the database, the gameplay of WE 2007 J-League is better than PES6.

Again, why Konami did only released a different gameplay for PS2 games !

Hope one day, a gameplay moders could copy the gameplay of this game to PES6

Back
Top Bottom