The Retro-PES Corner

I readed a way to activate R2 to PPSSPP (R2 + PPSSPP + PES on youtube, there's 2 or 3 vids). I don't remember if L2 got a function on PES 2008 or PES 6 but well, wasn't it for strategy? Don't remember how you did it on PPSSPP. But there's a lot of good O.F. and some runs smoothly than on PS2.

Well, i'm searching something : i already got PES 2008 PS2, no problem etc., but also J-League 2008 Club Championship.
The thing is : it looks like the ULTIMATE Pes 2008 version, gameplay looks even better. Like the Final Evolution, well, with J-League and no NT (Club Edition) ask @millossobek if i'm wrong, we tested both and it's really something.
Unfortunately there's only a translation patch i got, for PS2, no option file (perhaps on Japanese website i don't know) and no idea how to assign at least Emblems and correct it...
Here's the link. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoU9rCKAbC6nqHHdMWlIQ7-htziS?e=QZIahN English tranlated, hard to found. But not the first menu : there's a bar above with the description which is translated : the Menu was in jpg or png format. Fernando's (the boss of translation) only translate txt files.
But all is OK and playable, only issue is like i said no O.F. found : perhaps in japanese websites if the links still working but nothing anywhere.

There's also my Memcard for PCSX2 on it (just assign it on Memcard utilities), with many O.F. installed for all WE version from WE5FE to JL2008, Don't remember what i did on this one but well. I got a version with names in japanese as the translation didn't corrected names, i don't remember the version, sorry.

Last edited:
One ask if you got it:
I've retried PES 2008 PC version, and to be honest it's a lot like PES 6, less assisted in defense. I like it.
But there's an issue to me at least : i don't found any patch from the 07-08 version. Only Virtuared Deluxe patch 08-09 version installed...
I'm very conservative about one version > one season. Even for PESEDIT for example, i installed on PES 2011/2012/2013 the latest version from the season the game was released (pretty hard to found, 3.8 version etc.)

So i'm asking you : if anyone got a version from 07-08 patch, with Bundesliga, for PES 2008 PC, for example an older Virtuared patch... You'll make my day/week/month :D
Thanks in advance. And if you want any Winning eleven PS2 translated, just ask me. I think i got all of them, except WE6FE. Every single patch even simple translation patch replace Fiorentina by Chievo (i prefers to keep the originals teams... But no way except to play in Japanese :( )
There was a "Chapman_22" english and "Devil Ken Masters" too, but the first doesn't work, for the second, all links are dead.
Second ask so (if you got a WE6FE simple translation, i'll appreciate) but it's not that important, i really like that version. But it's less important to me than a PES 2008 PC 07-08 patch ;)

I only have it for PC bro, didn't checked for PS3. I got the last PESEDIT 2011 (from 2010-11 season) if you want, with many league to switch (not as much as PES 2013 but still. For PS2 no idea, to me after PES 2008 and J-League 2008 they're all more or less the same.

Bros, I have a question. I tried PES 2009 for PC and it seems pretty cool, but is there a way to reassign controller buttons so that right stick controls dribbling like it does with all PES? It seems a little difficult to control movement AND dribbling with the left stick, that's pretty much the only thing I'd like to change..

Settings > reassing buttons but with DirectX control/input ;)
If you got a "X360" compatible pad, like practically every PC pad, even if it's a PS controller lookalike they are Xinput by default (based on X360 buttons)

You can change it for every game. But it's weird : i just ddl 2009 on PC, better than my memories on PS3 too, it's slower. And i can control with both left stick and D-pad... Or i didn't get what you mean then
Well, slower but seems too easy to shoot on goal in comparison to 2008, and +- the same as 2010 (what i don't like in that game, you can shot on target too easy, not the case on PES 2008)

I mean the right stick bro, it seems a bit strange that everything has to be done with left stick.. :LOL:

For example, movement and "free dribbling" are both controlled by the left stick. For example if you notice in all other PES, right stick controls the dribbling movements, feints etc.., but in PES 2009 the right stick controls passing but not the dribbling. I would like to know if I can assign right stick to dribbling.

Well, in PES 3 to 6 "manual" passing it's the same. (well you could've calibrate the power of your passe, but only on 8 directions :LOL:)
It's like that from PES 1 to PES (perhaps) 2011 i think, then they changed dribbling with R2. Don't remember exactly to be honest, i'm not too much into feints. R2 dribbling yes

Oh, ok, just a question of comfort though, because I do like using feints once in a while and I don't want to ruin the left stick of my controller hehe.. I doubt it's possible to re-assign feints to the right stick in PES 2009, but I'll keep looking..

Hi friends, maybe you could help me......

I am on the search for quality South American patches or option files for PES 3-PES2017, (including Winning Eleven!) but which have the original seasons:

- PES 3, 4, 5: I haven't found any, only Brazilian or Argentinean focused patches but nothing that has most of the leagues and Libertadores.
- PES 6: I've found one called PES America Revolucion, which is very nice, but it has an issue with supporters colors which even the listed solutions can't solve.
- Winning Eleven versions: I've seen some great J League versions on PC and PS2 but nothing focused on South America, unfortunately.
- PES 2008: I looked into the South American ones, but many players' appearances are missing and some are actually incorrect, for example wrong skin color, bald players having long hair, etc..
- PES 2009: I've found one but it's pay-only and for the 2021 season, it would be cool to find an original season.
- PES 2010: I honestly haven't played this installment.
- PES 2011: There's 2 great patches for this installment. One called ""Super Patch America v 4.2", which looks awesome and the best patch honestly but the links are down, and another one called "PESModders", which is great but doesn't have the entire Colombian League.
- PES 2012: I haven't been able to find anything for this installment, honestly.
- PES 2013: I've found a very nice patch called "Tricolor Icaro" which has a lot of leagues, but I'd also like to try a different installment.
- PES 2014: I haven't heard much from this version since it is not recommended by many.
- PES 2015: I've only seen Sudamericana and Libertadores patches, but no patches that include more South American Leagues.
- PES 2016: I haven't seen any complete South American patches
- PES 2017: There's a patch with a lot of potential called Sud Alianz Patch, but honestly there are many many missing faces and incorrect stats.

Again friends, I am looking for South American patches that are:
- Original season preferably (2006 season for PES 6, 2017 season for PES 2017, etc.....)
- Has the complete Argentine, Brazilian, and Colombian League as minimum, Peruvian League would be a huge plus.
- Includes Libertadores and Sudamericana (other South American teams)
- Has no issues with supporters colors, etc..

Sorry for the long post, but perhaps one of you guys could help me?

Thanks a lot bros. :TU:

Last edited:
Hi friends, maybe you could help me......

I am on the search for quality South American patches or option files for PES 3-PES2017, (including Winning Eleven!) but which have the original seasons:

- PES 3, 4, 5: I haven't found any, only Brazilian or Argentinean focused patches but nothing that has most of the leagues and Libertadores.
- PES 6: I've found one called PES America Revolucion, which is very nice, but it has an issue with supporters colors which even the listed solutions can't solve.
- Winning Eleven versions: I've seen some great J League versions on PC and PS2 but nothing focused on South America, unfortunately.
- PES 2008: I looked into the South American ones, but many players' appearances are missing and some are actually incorrect, for example wrong skin color, bald players having long hair, etc..
- PES 2009: I've found one but it's pay-only and for the 2021 season, it would be cool to find an original season.
- PES 2010: I honestly haven't played this installment.
- PES 2011: There's 2 great patches for this installment. One called ""Super Patch America v 4.2", which looks awesome and the best patch honestly but the links are down, and another one called "PESModders", which is great but doesn't have the entire Colombian League.
- PES 2012: I haven't been able to find anything for this installment, honestly.
- PES 2013: I've found a very nice patch called "Tricolor Icaro" which has a lot of leagues, but I'd also like to try a different installment.
- PES 2014: I haven't heard much from this version since it is not recommended by many.
- PES 2015: I've only seen Sudamericana and Libertadores patches, but no patches that include more South American Leagues.
- PES 2016: I haven't seen any complete South American patches
- PES 2017: There's a patch with a lot of potential called Sud Alianz Patch, but honestly there are many many missing faces and incorrect stats.

Again friends, I am looking for South American patches that are:
- Original season preferably (2006 season for PES 6, 2017 season for PES 2017, etc.....)
- Has the complete Argentine, Brazilian, and Colombian League as minimum, Peruvian League would be a huge plus.
- Includes Libertadores and Sudamericana (other South American teams)
- Has no issues with supporters colors, etc..

Sorry for the long post, but perhaps one of you guys could help me?

Thanks a lot bros. :TU:

This site is still active it's a museum of PES patches going all the way back to around 2002 majority of links are still active too you can find hundreds of patched version including South American it's a gold mine for any classic pes fan 👍

http://museudospatches.blogspot.com/?m=1

PES2011 on PSP is a fine game! I haven't got any footage because I've been playing on a physical PSP itself, but anyone who takes it for a spin on PPSSPP (or a PSP) will be pleasantly surprised I think.

Nothing like its PS3/360/PC counterpart of course. Very much in the PS2-like family of games that was already established on PSP. But the graphics are sharper, and there is commentary if you like commentary. The mechanics are remixed slightly from the predecessor games. A slightly heavier feel to movement and shooting, which is a plus-point for me. £1.50 from CeX can't be bad.

The main drawback to PSP PES gaming on the PSP itself are the loading times. It's bad enough between menus and before/after matches, but I particularly dislike the time it takes to load from scratch from UMD. Somebody made a point at the time of PSP (think it was Channel 4's Gamecentral, now Metro Gaming) that mobile gamers shouldn't have to sit through all the introductory bumph at the start of games, or if they do, it should only happen once and then never again. Loading up a game on PSP in 2021 is like waiting for a cassette tape to rewind or something. You have to sit through the gaming equivalent of Preface, Introduction, Author's Note, Acknowledgements, Table of Contents, etc, time and time again. Standby works on PSP of course, but only if you resume later that same day. If I leave my slightly dodgy PSP battery on Standby for more than a day, it'll be depleted the next. (Having saved its state to memory usually but not always.)

That grumble is about the hardware, not the game. PES 2011 on PSP has seen me launch my third active Master League to go with the one I've got going on WE8LE and my one on PES 2021. Not using an Option File and done no editing, just leapt straight in with PES United as God intended.

PES2011 on PSP is a fine game! I haven't got any footage because I've been playing on a physical PSP itself, but anyone who takes it for a spin on PPSSPP (or a PSP) will be pleasantly surprised I think.

Nothing like its PS3/360/PC counterpart of course. Very much in the PS2-like family of games that was already established on PSP. But the graphics are sharper, and there is commentary if you like commentary. The mechanics are remixed slightly from the predecessor games. A slightly heavier feel to movement and shooting, which is a plus-point for me. £1.50 from CeX can't be bad.

The main drawback to PSP PES gaming on the PSP itself are the loading times. It's bad enough between menus and before/after matches, but I particularly dislike the time it takes to load from scratch from UMD. Somebody made a point at the time of PSP (think it was Channel 4's Gamecentral, now Metro Gaming) that mobile gamers shouldn't have to sit through all the introductory bumph at the start of games, or if they do, it should only happen once and then never again. Loading up a game on PSP in 2021 is like waiting for a cassette tape to rewind or something. You have to sit through the gaming equivalent of Preface, Introduction, Author's Note, Acknowledgements, Table of Contents, etc, time and time again. Standby works on PSP of course, but only if you resume later that same day. If I leave my slightly dodgy PSP battery on Standby for more than a day, it'll be depleted the next. (Having saved its state to memory usually but not always.)

That grumble is about the hardware, not the game. PES 2011 on PSP has seen me launch my third active Master League to go with the one I've got going on WE8LE and my one on PES 2021. Not using an Option File and done no editing, just leapt straight in with PES United as God intended.

I'll manage a trip to CeX later in the week and - now I can call myself a PSP player - I've got a whole new swag bag to fill.

Still playing my 2008 Master League but growing a little weary of appalling goalkeeping and defending. Does anyone have a remedy for your centre backs simply running away from an oncoming attacker?

I wonder what the loading times are like booting from a UMD compared to a memory card. It's not like for like but I'm sure it took me way longer to boot 6 from disc than it does 2008 from a memory card. But that could be a year's worth of improved optimisation at work.

Hi, just a question if anybody knows the answer. I'm trying to play a league in PES 5 with the "Original Season Patch", however when I start a spanish league it begins in the winter no matter what I do. I changed it in LODMixer, inside the game with kitserver and nothing works, whatever I do it's always the winter, and it obviously kills my mood when the season starts in the summer, midseason winter and late season summer again.

Anyone knows why the game works like that or if there's any way to override it? I can override the weather and time of day, but not a chance with that. Thank you.

Please guys!! I cant find work link (option file) for pes 2011 (PS3) Help....

remember best....
G.T.M Pro World
[PS3] DFL OptionFile
W.E.N.B OF
Moessa's OF
Paul2478
Abstruso's DES OF
I think I made an option file for that too, I'll look in my old files

On a side note, I'm now starting to think the ball texture you use on pes6 pc affects the freedom of the ball, I maybe crazy but have noticed that balls using newballmdb3 bounce more than the older texture balls, might be just me

Guys, about PES 2014 on PS360, no way to download DLCs anymore, online or offline, it's unfoundable. I got Package files, and folders with DLC i don't know where i got to assign (DLC 6 and 7).
The issue, is if any DLC is installed : you can't assign any O.F.
I remember at the time, i've installed Paul's O.F. with PESEDIT stats. And for MX, i used their last PES 2013 stats conversion with w!Ld@ editor, the best one ever made.
Also, i was the one at the time that founded how they converted the 4 new stats (Att/Def Prowess/Ball winning). Was kinda complicated lol, but should have been more logic.

I got a jailbreak one on DEX (developper for the ones who knows), but i tried tons of way to get the DLC right, everytime it's "no DLC installed" like for example, that one, i hope it's not forbidden to talk about it here. PS3 is retro.

Well, i love PES 2014 PESEDIT, stats are the best around, but the 4.4 patch miss PLA, PAS, OLA on it. If someone got an export from the 13-14 end season...
Didn't found one. At least a "team import" O.F. Liga MX or MLS and J-League if possible. I don't think PS3 and PC exports are compatible.

I also got Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki Samurai no Chosen. It's a better PES 2014, faster, speed means something etc.
There's all preset faces from all J1 and J2 league players. Unfortunately no O.F. , probably in japan, but to found one hahaha

To be honest about PS3 games... i didn't care that much about it with some exception. I wanted to play PS2 games and PS3 without problem, upscaled + Jailbreak.

But i brought the wrong PS3 😅 it was the 60gb FAT ONLY who got an Emotion Engine (PS2 chip) on it, i got the 80. ALL the others emulate so be carefull.
So, i will probably resell it. I retried some old games (Top Spin 4 and Fight Night for example) but PS2 was really hard to found when i searched, and it was my only solution.

Enough about it:
-I found a PS2, and a pretty new system to put your game on a USB stick : "FreeMcboot" that you got to insert in the 1st memory card, and you can run any game from your USB drive.
Plus, i also got a scanline generator : all i need to replay old Winning Eleven who weren't out on PC, there's tons of it. PS3 emulation is poor, and even if there's (sometimes) less slowdown than in PCSX2, there's still sometimes, and some games don't want to run, the scanline gen doesn't work...
Well i DONT recommand any PS3 to play old PS2 games.

But a combo Aliexpress / More or less
-PS2 to HDMI Converter (12 euros)
-McBazel Scanline Generator (29 euros... It was cheaper before)
-Freemcboot Memcard (don't remember, 15 euro +-)
-A PS2 in a good state (i brought one at 45 euro at Rakuten, ex Pricemister, slim version, 2 pad)

-A converter from PS2 controller port to USB, i think you can reassign buttons with Freemcmboot (around 12-15 euros) if the PS2 pad you receive are used (didn't already buy that one)

Look a bit the rendering in Naruto for example, as on LCD tv or monitor, the upscale is pretty bad overall. Scanlines eliminates some extra squared pixel and aliasing. A must have for

Exemple on older games 16 bits and Arcade

Well, it's more because i'm a big fan of some Winning eleven version which are better than PES version (WE8LE vs PES4 > There's no match, all bugs gone + rosters up to date)
Unfortunately no editor to assign kits :( otherwhise i would have updated the best PES version i found to me with WE9 > JL WE2008 Club Championship.
That version is outstanding, even better than PES 2008.

I have a pack of O.F. from PS2, not sure if they're up to date. If not, i can ddl JLWE2010 as they replaced the "Final Evolution" so rosters are updated.

There on it the base option file untouched, except some i assigned names from some teams, as it was a bit hard to found some player in X team lol
I only got the PES 2010 PC patched btw, but with updated rosters. No editor unfortunately > Added the PES 2010 latest version of PC wild editor ;)
@H_G PES 2010 was updated with DLC, stats changed etc., so the player may have changed on the same game from summer to winter for example.

Edit, the file don't want to be Attach, i'll upload the PS2 editors packs https://www.mediafire.com/file/jekk38qzb8du8tb/pes-ps2-default-of.rar/file

What's the player's name bro? I can check on my Patch

Attachments

• PES_2010_Editor_v2.1_by_w!ld@.rar
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Beyond the realms of solely PS2 emulation I'd highly recommend a PS3 given you can pick one up (certainly where I am) for about £30. Great 8 and 16-bit emulation through RetroArch (with CRT/scan line overlays if that's your thing); PS1 games off a disc or internal HD or USB; vast, vast majority of PS2 games will run without a hitch; PS3 games off a disc or internal HD. Might need a HD upgrade but either way with £30-100 and an afternoon of free time you'll end up with a retro beast!

Beyond the realms of solely PS2 emulation I'd highly recommend a PS3 given you can pick one up (certainly where I am) for about £30. Great 8 and 16-bit emulation through RetroArch (with CRT/scan line overlays if that's your thing); PS1 games off a disc or internal HD or USB; vast, vast majority of PS2 games will run without a hitch; PS3 games off a disc or internal HD. Might need a HD upgrade but either way with £30-100 and an afternoon of free time you'll end up with a retro beast!
I'm gutted I didn't keep my 60gb backwards compatible model, sold it when I was younger thinking I'd never have a need to look back. It's not until my later wiser years that I not only realise the value of said console but also my sudden urge to play older games and appreciate them.

It's a damn shame Sony don't give juice off a contingency for retro games & backwards compatibility because there's an edict there that there isn't a demand for them and that people wouldn't want to play them because they look old.

I'm gutted I didn't keep my 60gb backwards compatible model, sold it when I was younger thinking I'd never have a need to look back. It's not until my later wiser years that I not only realise the value of said console but also my sudden urge to play older games and appreciate them.

It's a damn shame Sony don't give juice off a contingency for retro games & backwards compatibility because there's an edict there that there isn't a demand for them and that people wouldn't want to play them because they look old.

I went through about three of them - so temperamental. All I did was play FIFA! To their credit, their customer service was class.

More fool Sony. If they'd appropriated their back catalogue to the best of the ability they'd have a fair few more Yen in their hipper.

Thankfully, I think we're almost at a point where all fats and slims can be jailbroken. I have a super slim and have installed PS3HEN but it's just a bit fiddly in comparison to CFW on the slim.

Back
Top Bottom