The Retro-PES Corner

I'm trying to find the crowd textures from the WII Version's AFS files when, I try looking through them with GGS, They seem to open up blank which shouldn't be happening.

If I upload the AFS I extracted from the wii version of 2013, would somebody be happy to look through to see if they have better luck than me?

Sure, I can give it a look.

@Marlon Anthony No luck unfortunately :( Tried a couple of other things I found on a search but still had no luck finding anything in the files. I suppose they must be in some other kind of format or compressed or something? I wonder if @marqisspes6 might have an idea how to get them to open properly?

@Marlon Anthony No luck unfortunately :( Tried a couple of other things I found on a search but still had no luck finding anything in the files. I suppose they must be in some other kind of format or compressed or something? I wonder if @marqisspes6 might have an idea how to get them to open properly?
Thanks for trying, glad to know it's not just me. It is a shame as the crowd on this game is gorgeous.

Just a question...
Winning Eleven 9 PS2 japanese version is my favourite Winning eleven of all time, with another but i need to confirm (J-League WE 2008 which seems even better than PES 2008. No joke, it's PES 2008 with more variety)
To me, the difference of Att/Defense direction is much more obvious than the difference between PES5 and WE9LE. On the french forum i was going, it was remembered as the best WE from all PS2 version. PES5 was even too "open" in the midfield and we were a bit disappointed lol, i remember it like if it was yesterday.

Well, that's not the problem.
I found an option file with all names in English, as i didn't found Fernando's final version (+- correct, some errors, no correction for real names etc.) for WE9.
The game is patched in english, so it's ok.

But i'm struggling to found even a very simple O.F. with 04-05 season, at least with Emblems and logos. I don't need anything more than that.
I always fall on version with PES 6 rosters and promoted teams (what i don't want at all. I remember well the top scorer from 35 years old Dario Hubner (disappearing of course)
So i found 2 patch
-WE9 Euro 2006
-Wendetta patch 2.0 (with stats changed, i hate it for a version with roster up to date from Winter 2005-2006)

But nothing else.
If someone got something, or got an old patch with only with kits and emblems from that season it's perfect.
Thanks in advance guys. I never done a kit transfers or even an emblems, there's everything needed i think in WE8LE OLE MIX i got.
But well, i've done enough on option files to re-learn how to found, assign kits etc.

Well just to remember, there's no WE9 O.F. Editor, only WE9 american version (with PES 5 rosters)

Last edited:
About the last post, it's okay!
The patch World cup 2006 have all necessary things, except the two PES and WE united not edited and missing real names.

In fact, i can reproduce 2 big teams from J-league instead, just to "erase" the fakes players. But there's no Editor working from WE9 Jap, and even if i use DKZ and extract kits and emblems, i got no idea how to replace those fakes ones. A bit annoying, just putting two emblems and 6 kits will make the ultimate patch for WE9.
Well, whatever, i will got the rosters and names instead and that's ok. It's weird as i remember i could've open WE9 jap in the past with the editor if i'm right.
Sad but well. Those teams won't be part of ML so...

Thanks Matt, here's the files, there's only 2 afs' in the ISO so they're not very big

seems like the files inside the afs files lack of header file information, or it has some different from pc, ps2 or psp, i need to take a better look to all files, and see if i found some documentation on the header information for pes files, but sadly for now there is nothing i can do, have you tried openning those files with other tools? like specific tools made for pes 2013 from pc? instead of using ggs, maybe there are others tools that you dont know about.
ps. if you open those files you will notice that dkz will name them with extension .unk that happens when dkz dont know which type of file they look a like i believe they examinate the file and give them the right extension, like .str, .txt, .bin, etc i hope that may help you understand what happen

@vialli82 Does the PES5 editor not work with that then? What about if you rename it?
No mate, i can rename it PES 2035 or the same exact name as the original PES5, no way to open it.
I'm trying with Game graphics studio, got all the links for Emblems for J-League in 64x64, and also all the kits in PES 5-6 format. But it seems too complicated to assign them on another game.
I prefers to give up about it, mods aren't my thing. It (really) put me on my nerve to search what to do. How to do. I'm editing data, stats and remade faces, that's what i do since forever, or assigning patch a long time ago.

But thanks for asking.

No mate, i can rename it PES 2035 or the same exact name as the original PES5, no way to open it.
I'm trying with Game graphics studio, got all the links for Emblems for J-League in 64x64, and also all the kits in PES 5-6 format. But it seems too complicated to assign them on another game.
I prefers to give up about it, mods aren't my thing. It (really) put me on my nerve to search what to do. How to do. I'm editing data, stats and remade faces, that's what i do since forever, or assigning patch a long time ago.

But thanks for asking.

That's weird because like you said, I'm sure it used to open. Must be misremembering!

Simmed a really fun All Stars patch on a patched Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution. How is it that the AI seems more productive on this game than it does on PES 5 & 6 in COM v COM matches?

Still, A nice throw back to an era of unique players with character and defined strengths and weaknesses. Nowadays every player seems to be capable of doing anything and there's only a handful that seem to play like they've come from another planet.

It's 2002, Europe & South America's legends are summoned under the night sky of the nostalgic Amerigo Atlantis for a magical night of star studded football featuring the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Raul, Rivaldo and many, many more - Courtesy of Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution!

Simmed a really fun All Stars patch on a patched Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution. How is it that the AI seems more productive on this game than it does on PES 5 & 6 in COM v COM matches?

Still, A nice throw back to an era of unique players with character and defined strengths and weaknesses. Nowadays every player seems to be capable of doing anything and there's only a handful that seem to play like they've come from another planet.

It's 2002, Europe & South America's legends are summoned under the night sky of the nostalgic Amerigo Atlantis for a magical night of star studded football featuring the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Raul, Rivaldo and many, many more - Courtesy of Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution!

As a poet might put it, WE6FE is fucking ace. In strong contention for my top three of the whole fucking lot of them.

Real character, as demonstrated by that game. The free-kick styles, the appearances, the celebrations - all nailed.

Amerigo Atlantis chat - it's the one with the WELCOME TO HELL big screen isn't it? But it some games it's been toned down to something like WELCOME TO STADIUM.

Ah man where's Batigol?? Getting serious vibes there of the night in 1997 when Ronaldo and Batistuta played together for an hour in Marseille, greatest strike partnership ever

Is there any way to manual shoot in pes 2012? There doesn't seem to be an option for it, and l2 also does not work with shooting
Not sure if it has a manual setting but I do remember 2012 having an issue with shooting. Everything seemed to go central, no matter how you directed a shot. It's improved with top players but a real problem in the early stages of Master League. Great game otherwise.

20211119_204020.jpg

Pretty chuffed with this.

I'm a PSP novice. Did buy one a few months ago but a faulty memory card slot meant it was a bit of a busted flush.

Had been meaning to take it apart for ages to try to clean/fix it but kept procrastinating. Then this caught my eye on eBay, mainly because of the skin. Listed as faulty for £10 with three games (including FIFA 09) and a charger.

All it needed was a new battery! And there was a memory card inside. New battery in and I decided to jailbreak it and load up all the games I'll end up buying for no reason! Started with what seems to be considered the best: PES 2008.

Fired up the PS2 and imported an option file too. All set!

Not sure if it has a manual setting but I do remember 2012 having an issue with shooting. Everything seemed to go central, no matter how you directed a shot. It's improved with top players but a real problem in the early stages of Master League. Great game otherwise.
Yeah, I actually think its gameplay is way better than 2013. I used to love 2013, but now trying to play it it's just terrible how it's a goalfest. Like, every match I play has at least 8 goals, and the cpu also only knows one movement, counter attacking with a through ball to the center forward, which somehow always works because my defense is also somehow always too high. I even tried making some modifications on the gameplay with Jenkey's patch, but all I could acheive was making the ball feel more real, improving gks and shooting, and the last match I played was still 6x4 for the cpu. Seems like a futsal game! Anyway, that made me go and try 2012 and I found out it's actually a pretty good game, with a lot of midfield clashes, and the only thing that's holding it back for me now is the fact that it doesn't seem to have a manual shooting option, and as someone who has been playing fuma for like a year it's really hard to play a game where your shooting is not actually controlled by you, there's just no satisfaction when I score, and when I miss even tho I aimed correctly it's infuriating.

@Lucas Savicki I have the following gameplay changes in my gameplay.ini and I'm enjoying my 2013 matches quite a bit, if you'd like to take a look:
[credit]
copyright=Jenkey1002
[config]
shot.power=115
ball.speed=125
ball.weigh=145
AI.slider=0
AI.level=0
AI.enforce=0
Motion.speed=101
GK.speed=150
AI.optimze=1
[advance]
Ball.curve=100
Ball.accuracy=100
Goalnet.rebound=150
Gravity=100
Player.match.point=100
Pass.support=100
Player.responsiveness=135

Bros, I was wondering in PES 2013, I don't like opening Jenkey's camera program because it messes up my gameplay (it's something that has to do with the patch I'm using), so I'm editing my camera.ini DIRECTLY in order to change my camera settings.

I'd like to play something like broadcast camera wide, I was wondering if any of you PES 2013 heads could post your settings difectly from your camera.ini to have a broadcast camera.. Mine are the following:

[Pitch Side]

Range = 656
Heigh = 0.33
Zoom.near = 19
Zoom.far = 20300
Camera.angle = 15000
Angle.modulator = 2.5

Thanks bros if you guys can post your camera settings that'd be cool. :TU:

sorry but no, the best football game ever is PES 5

5 and 3 are pretty close together on the keyboard so I'll let you off with the typo. 😉

-----

PES 2008 on the PSP is fucking great! Had a good few games of an ML last night. A slightly slower pace which works (sometimes gets a little too slow when there's a lot of bodies in the box, of course) and the absence of L2 and R2 aren't as troublesome as I thought.

I think I've found my handheld. I love playing on emulators through my phone or tablet but using the two devices is fiddly. And I love my DS that I've been playing a bit lately but you just can't compare with the quality of the PSP.

The ability to import option files from PS2 is great but I've been reliably informed that the feature is dropped at some point between 2008 and 2013.

5 and 3 are pretty close together on the keyboard so I'll let you off with the typo. 😉

-----

PES 2008 on the PSP is fucking great! Had a good few games of an ML last night. A slightly slower pace which works (sometimes gets a little too slow when there's a lot of bodies in the box, of course) and the absence of L2 and R2 aren't as troublesome as I thought.

I think I've found my handheld. I love playing on emulators through my phone or tablet but using the two devices is fiddly. And I love my DS that I've been playing a bit lately but you just can't compare with the quality of the PSP.

The ability to import option files from PS2 is great but I've been reliably informed that the feature is dropped at some point between 2008 and 2013.
Great option and probably the best handheld PES. The PSP thumbstick always gave me a sore thumb after anything more than a couple of matches though.

Great option and probably the best handheld PES. The PSP thumbstick always gave me a sore thumb after anything more than a couple of matches though.

Yeah it's a bit awkward. I'm drawn to the D-pad but will persevere with the stick. I wish they were swapped around in position as your left hand sits more naturally with your thumb over the directional buttons.

Back
Top Bottom