The Retro-PES Corner

Thanks a lot mate. I was searching just right now since... I don't even know.
You're the boss 💪
PPF-O-Matic is my good old friend you know, as i translate tons of game in jap>eng or eng>french

Thanks a lot mate. I was searching just right now since... I don't even know.
You're the boss 💪
PPF-O-Matic is my good old friend you know, as i translate tons of game in jap>eng or eng>french

Yes, I was struggling to get it a while ago. I think I found it in a brazilian forum where they still edit and update these old gems.
Remember to keep Matsuoka in your default ML team, he is the soul of the squad (and the goals). :)))

I had a little fun with the lesser known Wii version of PES 2013. It's a high resolution hybrid of the PS2 version with some of the Wii's motion gimmicks although it can be played with a classic controller. It includes more than 16 directions for dribbling a lot like PES 2010 and some really cool ball physics not even present in PES 2014 on PS2.

I think a few members here used to play the Wii version but I can't remember who. Has anyone else tried this hidden gem?

I had a little fun with the lesser known Wii version of PES 2013. It's a high resolution hybrid of the PS2 version with some of the Wii's motion gimmicks although it can be played with a classic controller. It includes more than 16 directions for dribbling a lot like PES 2010 and some really cool ball physics not even present in PES 2014 on PS2.

I think a few members here used to play the Wii version but I can't remember who. Has anyone else tried this hidden gem?

I see you remove the nameplates and stamina bars for the immersion. Are the Wii versions those with dynamic stamina? A stamina gauge and another one, dynamic fatigue, fatigue whatever..

Well guys I was finally able to put my Millonarios in the league I wanted in PES 2013. It took quite a bit of searching, but I was able to do it with a combination of a Hex editor, the PES 2013 Ultimate Editor, and other tools, pretty much following this tutorial (it's in Spanish): https://www.virtuared.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=16104

1636705100250.png

Now I am trying to see if I can replace the entire MLS league with a different South American league, and I'm pretty much good to go. :TU:

Well guys I was finally able to put my Millonarios in the league I wanted in PES 2013. It took quite a bit of searching, but I was able to do it with a combination of a Hex editor, the PES 2013 Ultimate Editor, and other tools, pretty much following this tutorial (it's in Spanish): https://www.virtuared.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=16104

View attachment 131669

Now I am trying to see if I can replace the entire MLS league with a different South American league, and I'm pretty much good to go. :TU:
Nice work dude. But you demand too much i think. I would better start as it is. in my place there is an old saying, "better take 5 now, than waiting to take 10 " (well approximately :) )
You wil pisss of the Gods of PES if you keep editing so much staff.. ;)

I see you remove the nameplates and stamina bars for the immersion. Are the Wii versions those with dynamic stamina? A stamina gauge and another one, dynamic fatigue, fatigue whatever..
Hmmm I'm not too sure about that one, I'll have to look it up, I just assumed stamina is stamina and that's it on these versions.

Something I'm interested in, is ripping the crowd textures from these versions and importing them into 5 & 6 as, as you can see, they look gorgeous & are ateast official by Konami's standards.

We have HD crowds for PES 6 now but I don't think they really fit with the aesthetic of the games. These are a lot more faithful.

We have HD crowds for PES 6 now but I don't think they really fit with the aesthetic of the games. These are a lot more faithful.
Oh man, 1,000% agree on this. I've always found it strange having video-game graphics for the players, but then photo-realistic crowds imported into so many PES5/6 patches. Especially when they just draw attention to the fact that the footballers and the crowd members are WILDLY different sizes.

I played a lot with the 2008 and 2009. Champion's Road was fantastic, better than Master League in terms of fun. With card for player but not Myclub cards, more like an RPG with boost in stats. And combination of those cards formed a new golden card etc.

Oh man, 1,000% agree on this. I've always found it strange having video-game graphics for the players, but then photo-realistic crowds imported into so many PES5/6 patches. Especially when they just draw attention to the fact that the footballers and the crowd members are WILDLY different sizes.
Exactly, the style of PS2 PES was always stylised, interpretated realism. Slighty cartoony yet recognisable players & stadiums.

Such as the limitations of the tech of the time, the developers had to find clever ways to compliment what they were working with.

Hmmm I'm not too sure about that one, I'll have to look it up, I just assumed stamina is stamina and that's it on these versions.

Something I'm interested in, is ripping the crowd textures from these versions and importing them into 5 & 6 as, as you can see, they look gorgeous & are ateast official by Konami's standards.

I remember this in PES 2010 Wii, but it is the same here by a video i checked

The one bar is for stamina. the grey one and the other (cyan) depletes and regenerates dynamically.
dynamicstamina.jpg

Of all the videos you could choose, you chose a video from V-Bass which is a close friend of mine which I still see on a regular basis.
Gotta tell him about this discussion. 🤣
I do not know if it has to do with my algorythm, but typing "PES 2013 wii" on youtube, it comes always in my top-3 search results!

Guys, remember how I said earlier that PES 2013 gameplay seemed a little off, as it was too focused on counterattacks?

I think I found a solution to this! Increase Ball Weight by quite a bit really seems to do the trick, as passes now feel much heavier and realistic. I increased ball speed and shot power to compensate and make it more balanced, and with these settings, I'm really enjoying the matches with two bar passing!

Here are my settings, which much improved the gameplay IMO:
[credit]
copyright=Jenkey1002
[config]
shot.power=125
ball.speed=130
ball.weigh=145
AI.slider=0
AI.level=0
AI.enforce=0
Motion.speed=101
GK.speed=135
AI.optimze=1
[advance]
Ball.curve=100
Ball.accuracy=100
Goalnet.rebound=150
Gravity=100
Player.match.point=100
Pass.support=100
Player.responsiveness=140

Plus, the other issue I had with the graphics, I fiddled a bit with NVIDIA graphics settings and set the graphic texture quality to x16 anisotropic filtering and other small changes and the game looks a lot better! Really enjoying my matches now. :TU:

Last edited:
I want to change the background music in patch with the one from another patch how can I do that ? do I replace e/f_sound or 0_sounds ?

EDIT: 0_sounds it is, e or f is for language

Last edited:
I'm trying to find the crowd textures from the WII Version's AFS files when, I try looking through them with GGS, They seem to open up blank which shouldn't be happening.

If I upload the AFS I extracted from the wii version of 2013, would somebody be happy to look through to see if they have better luck than me?

Back
Top Bottom