The Retro-PES Corner

Excellent stuff @goalgerd :)

I have been testing CPU v CPU and this was nice too from the future combo between Cavani and Ronaldo, not sure about De Gea though.

Apologies about the video quality may be a little jumpy, I was recording it on my mac with about 100 other programs running at once :D

It's the little details like that that make old pro evo untouchable 🙌🙌

It's the little details like that that make old pro evo untouchable 🙌🙌
Yes I agree, like yourself I’ve been playing old PES for so long and yet there are still things that happen that make me want to pause the game and look at the replay from different angles. :)

How is your patch coming along? Or have you been completely side tracked playing other older PES’? :D

@mattmid we have discussed this one year ago. I don't remember where did we conclude to be honest.. :)

I mean the ML crash. Trying to save you time. :) IIRC I showed you a video, can't recall...

Post in thread 'The Retro-PES Corner' https://evoweb.uk/threads/the-retro-pes-corner.78697/post-3641198

Edit: I checked the posts back then, seems I didn't show you any video. Weird.

I remember not seeing one :LOL:

Thank you so much for looking into it for me - really grateful to you!

I've uploaded the option file with my changes here.

Can you give this a go Chris.

OF https://www.mediafire.com/file/ya52ha2i81uefv3/KONAMI-WIN32WE9KOPT/file
ML Save https://www.mediafire.com/file/94a9ihwblw9nutm/KONAMI-WIN32WE9K000/file

There were a ton of shop players not in the shop teams (id wise) some at QPR, so I've put all those back into the shop teams. There were a couple of ML Youth/Old players that were in clubs as well. Then all the classic teams were all over the place with players in club sides and those supposed to be in there not in there. I think all of that would cause ML problems. As it stands at the moment there's still a few club players in the classic sides - I'm going to make a copy of those players with the OF2 in the editor and then put those in the club sides so the ID's for the classic players are only in the classic teams.

In the meantime I started a random pick ML and have saved the file for you to see if it loads at your end. It got to the menu ok and after saving I started a game just to make sure it played and it did. Anyway use the copy of your OF I uploaded and then see if you can a) start a ML and if not then b) load the one I saved to see if it loads, don't start a ML yet though because those classic players might cause a problem still at the moment at some stage.

Let me know if the ML starts ok and I'll finish off changing the classic players on clubs. Going to wait on that though just in case there's some kitserver issuing causing a problem with yours.

I downloaded Sany's installer and made no changes except using your OF that I've done the changes on.

Last edited:
I remember not seeing one :LOL:

Can you give this a go Chris.

OF https://www.mediafire.com/file/ya52ha2i81uefv3/KONAMI-WIN32WE9KOPT/file
ML Save https://www.mediafire.com/file/94a9ihwblw9nutm/KONAMI-WIN32WE9K000/file

There were a ton of shop players not in the shop teams (id wise) some at QPR, so I've put all those back into the shop teams. There were a couple of ML Youth/Old players that were in clubs as well. Then all the classic teams were all over the place with players in club sides and those supposed to be in there not in there. I think all of that would cause ML problems. As it stands at the moment there's still a few club players in the classic sides - I'm going to make a copy of those players with the OF2 in the editor and then put those in the club sides so the ID's for the classic players are only in the classic teams.

In the meantime I started a random pick ML and have saved the file for you to see if it loads at your end. It got to the menu ok and after saving I started a game just to make sure it played and it did. Anyway use the copy of your OF I uploaded and then see if you can a) start a ML and if not then b) load the one I saved to see if it loads, don't start a ML yet though because those classic players might cause a problem still at the moment at some stage.

Let me know if the ML starts ok and I'll finish off changing the classic players on clubs. Going to wait on that though just in case there's some kitserver issuing causing a problem with yours.

I downloaded Sany's installer and made no changes except using your OF that I've done the changes on.
This is fantastic - and you've gone to a lot of trouble, thank you. I honestly appreciate it a great deal. I tried to go back to PES5 earlier and it just feels a little less responsive, and a little less free. WE9LE really is a special release.

I'll download this and give it a go as soon as I can boot the missus off the telly. :LOL:

@Chris Davies No problem, you're welcome. Hopefully it won't crash then I can upload the OF again with these last few classic players cleared from teams. If it should crash, can you uninstall the kitserver and try again (I did have the kitserver installed here so hopefully it shouldn't crash your end either but should it then give that a try)

EDIT: @Chris Davies Oh and those extra players appearing (like the blank name spaces in the keepers in the edit mode) appear to be gone as well so hopefully that might stop the edit mode crashes too.

@Chris Davies No problem, you're welcome. Hopefully it won't crash then I can upload the OF again with these last few classic players cleared from teams. If it should crash, can you uninstall the kitserver and try again (I did have the kitserver installed here so hopefully it shouldn't crash your end either but should it then give that a try)

EDIT: @Chris Davies Oh and those extra players appearing (like the blank name spaces in the keepers in the edit mode) appear to be gone as well so hopefully that might stop the edit mode crashes too.
So if I understand correct, Geezer used some shop/extra/classic players and over them he created other players to fill the team Rosters?

Update for you - option file and the ML save work together, no problem!

As soon as I try to create my ML composition though (English league, Italian league, German league, Spanish league) it crashes as soon as I press "OK" to go to the main ML menu. Which I'm assuming is because it still needs those player fixes you mention. (I tried reinstalling Kitserver just now - no luck.)

Don't worry about it if it's fiddly and/or takes a lot of time!

Last edited:
Update for you - option file and the ML save work together, no problem!

As soon as I try to create my ML composition though (English league, Italian league, German league, Spanish league) it crashes as soon as I press "OK" to go to the main ML menu. Which I'm assuming is because it still needs those player fixes you mention.

Don't worry about it if it's fiddly and/or takes a lot of time!

Here's the OF, all shop/classic/ML players no longer on any clubs. https://www.mediafire.com/file/id8y4us8f3ysilb/KONAMI-WIN32WE9KOPT/file

I haven't been able to get a ML crash with it, I just moved all English clubs into the England league, put Tranmere as P1 and added QPR (as they previously had a few of those players in their squad) and the ML started ok. Having said that I didn't a crash earlier when I did the random ML but maybe I didn't have the club(s) that were causing it.

Just a thought should you still get a crash, have you changed any of the files in kitserver or the kitserver/dat folder? I remember you said about the radar, just wondering if something corrupted in there that could be causing it. I once had PES6 continually crashing in exhibition mode right before the pitch was about to appear at the start of the match. Didn't crash in any other mode and was driving me mad. Eventually by chance I found out it was the exhibition player name tiles that were causing it. I happened to change them in the options on a league match and it crashed the same and the light bulb clicked! Anyway, not that it's that but it just shows a corrupt graphic in a bin file could perhaps cause a crash if the game is about to display the next screen.

Could also reinstall if you have changed some stuff and then use this new OF and see.

Anyway hopefully you won't get a crash any so that's all irrelevant!

Oh and did you try edit mode to see if it still crashes?

So if I understand correct, Geezer used some shop/extra/classic players and over them he created other players to fill the team Rosters?

He changed a lot of shop players and ML Youth but I think only by editing, not creating from looking at the ID numbers. But as he made a lot of young players that were just starting out then some of them he'd also put into club teams and some classic players were also in club teams, there were quite a few current players in the classic teams rather than the default ones, most were free agents but some were in clubs as well.

I'm still not entirely sure whether that would cause the starting crash of ML though, rather than the one's normally at the end of the season.

Here's the OF, all shop/classic/ML players no longer on any clubs. https://www.mediafire.com/file/id8y4us8f3ysilb/KONAMI-WIN32WE9KOPT/file

I haven't been able to get a ML crash with it, I just moved all English clubs into the England league, put Tranmere as P1 and added QPR (as they previously had a few of those players in their squad) and the ML started ok. Having said that I didn't a crash earlier when I did the random ML but maybe I didn't have the club(s) that were causing it.

Just a thought should you still get a crash, have you changed any of the files in kitserver or the kitserver/dat folder? I remember you said about the radar, just wondering if something corrupted in there that could be causing it. I once had PES6 continually crashing in exhibition mode right before the pitch was about to appear at the start of the match. Didn't crash in any other mode and was driving me mad. Eventually by chance I found out it was the exhibition player name tiles that were causing it. I happened to change them in the options on a league match and it crashed the same and the light bulb clicked! Anyway, not that it's that but it just shows a corrupt graphic in a bin file could perhaps cause a crash if the game is about to display the next screen.

Could also reinstall if you have changed some stuff and then use this new OF and see.

He changed a lot of shop players and ML Youth but I think only by editing, not creating from looking at the ID numbers. But as he made a lot of young players that were just starting out then some of them he'd also put into club teams and some classic players were also in club teams, there were quite a few current players in the classic teams rather than the default ones, most were free agents but some were in clubs as well.

I'm still not entirely sure whether that would cause the starting crash of ML though, rather than the one's normally at the end of the season.
I am asking cause Matija's updated version use this patch as a base and have the same issues. So it would be could if I can fix them.

I assume you use OF editor to check those issues.

Yes I agree, like yourself I’ve been playing old PES for so long and yet there are still things that happen that make me want to pause the game and look at the replay from different angles. :)

How is your patch coming along? Or have you been completely side tracked playing other older PES’? :D
Hopefully be finished it by the end of the month, keep finding things to fix 😁😁

Please forgive my horribly slow replies - I've been stuck in the office today, then had to pick up some work when I got home, then banned from the TV until now - and I'm off on a week's break shortly!

Sadly, I've just tried the option file and I'm still getting a crash. :( It must be something Kitserver related, as you suspected from the beginning, but I really don't know what.

As you say, I have changed files in order to put the radar back - in Sany's thread for the installers, someone mentioned dropping an "unknown0000.???" file (can't remember the numbers or extension) into the Kitserver DAT directory, which adds the radar back but in a fairly messed-up way.

I may just have to give up on this patch given the issues, and either wait for Fabri55 to move his fantastic PES5 Original Season patch over to WE9LE, or try to do it in a very basic fashion myself... (The option file moves across 100% successfully by simply renaming it - it's getting all the badges ported over via Game Graphic Studio etc. where I'd fall over, cos I don't know what I'm doing!)

Hi friends! My first post in this thread. I am late to the party, but I am here! :TU::BSCARF:

For all the talk about the future of the franchise, microtransactions colorful menus, blablabla.. I said to myself. You know what?

I'm gonna go back to the past and unearth a gem.

After trying several ones and doing my own research, I decided to pick PES 2013 as my retro game! For basically 2 reasons:

1. People whose opinions I respect (youtubers I follow who are quite old school PES fanatics and who love Master League) sing praises about it.

2. I've actually seen a lot of previews on ML, and BAL and boy, does it look fleshed out and cool. A great game for us offline gamers.

Now, I need you guys' help on a few things.

- I need a recommendation for a good option file, (preferably 2013-14 season or earlier) which has a nice mix of European and South American Leagues. If there is J-League and/or K-league, that would be icing on the cake.

- I would love recommendations on the best gameplay mod for this game. I love realistic and fluid gameplay. I played an exhibition match and even though the gameplay was nice, I would like a GP to make it a bit more fluid..

Thanks a lot bros! I hope to enjoy thousands of hours of PES 2013! I think I made the right choice for my retro game! :YES: :COOL:

Last edited:
Please forgive my horribly slow replies - I've been stuck in the office today, then had to pick up some work when I got home, then banned from the TV until now - and I'm off on a week's break shortly!

Sadly, I've just tried the option file and I'm still getting a crash. :( It must be something Kitserver related, as you suspected from the beginning, but I really don't know what.

As you say, I have changed files in order to put the radar back - in Sany's thread for the installers, someone mentioned dropping an "unknown0000.???" file (can't remember the numbers or extension) into the Kitserver DAT directory, which adds the radar back but in a fairly messed-up way.

I may just have to give up on this patch given the issues, and either wait for Fabri55 to move his fantastic PES5 Original Season patch over to WE9LE, or try to do it in a very basic fashion myself... (The option file moves across 100% successfully by simply renaming it - it's getting all the badges ported over via Game Graphic Studio etc. where I'd fall over, cos I don't know what I'm doing!)

It's really odd that the ML save loaded up fine isn't it, which really makes me think it is something in those DAT folders.

Was it just the kitserver/dat/0_text folder that you changed files in? Try renaming that folder to anything else so that kitserver doesn't read from it. Then try setting up your ML. If it works then we know it's something in that folder that's causing it.

I've uploaded the 0_text and k_text from the kitserver/dat folder here that I have from my install, could also try replacing yours with those. https://www.mediafire.com/file/emewtboyhbvjtpt/0_text.afs.zip/file

Hi friends! My first post in this thread. I am late to the party, but I am here! :TU::BSCARF:

For all the talk about the future of the franchise, microtransactions colorful menus, blablabla.. I said to myself. You know what?

I'm gonna go back to the past and unearth a gem.

After trying several ones and doing my own research, I decided to pick PES 2013 as my retro game! For basically 2 reasons:

1. People whose opinions I respect (youtubers I follow who are quite old school PES fanatics and who love Master League) sing praises about it.

2. I've actually seen a lot of previews on ML, and BAL and boy, does it look fleshed out and cool. A great game for us offline gamers.

Now, I need you guys' help on a few things.

- I need a recommendation for a good option file, (preferably 2013-14 season or earlier) which has a nice mix of European and South American Leagues. If there is J-League and/or K-league, that would be icing on the cake.

- I would love recommendations on the best gameplay mod for this game. I love realistic and fluid gameplay. I played an exhibition match and even though the gameplay was nice, I would like a GP to make it a bit more fluid..

Thanks a lot bros! I hope to enjoy thousands of hours of PES 2013! I think I made the right choice for my retro game! :YES: :COOL:

Nice choice man :))! I played 5-6 seasons of ML just not long ago, plenty of fun, will probably return to it sooner or later. Hard to suggest you a patch, I used the Pesedit 6.0 which is super complete for the "original season", but it's not possible to use the GP editor as you ask and as South American League there unfortunately is only Brasilerao. Hope somebody will come up with some better suggestion for your tastes!

The old Jenkey patch might be a good shot. I think he created the actual gameplay tool & his patch is used as a base for many of the new patches even today. I tried some of the new patches but either got crashes or the creator insists on putting their names on all the adboards so i gave up. I stick to Jenkey patch!

The links on his blog are way outdated but I managed to get it from here https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2017/12/pes-2013-pesjp-patch-2013-ultimate-by-jenkey1002.html

Guys has anyone got a pes6 tool that can change all the injuries in the database from A to B or C in one button press? I remember this might have been possible when i worked with the phoenix team but i cant remember the editor name or if im dreaming this , the game is much more realistic when injuries are set to B by default

Cheers

Guys has anyone got a pes6 tool that can change all the injuries in the database from A to B or C in one button press? I remember this might have been possible when i worked with the phoenix team but i cant remember the editor name or if im dreaming this , the game is much more realistic when injuries are set to B by default

Cheers
Does it have to be in the database or can it be in the OF? The editor in my signature can export all stats of players in a PES 6 OF to a CSV file, and then re-import it back into the OF. So setting all injuries to B would be pretty quick.

It's really odd that the ML save loaded up fine isn't it, which really makes me think it is something in those DAT folders.

Was it just the kitserver/dat/0_text folder that you changed files in? Try renaming that folder to anything else so that kitserver doesn't read from it. Then try setting up your ML. If it works then we know it's something in that folder that's causing it.

I've uploaded the 0_text and k_text from the kitserver/dat folder here that I have from my install, could also try replacing yours with those. https://www.mediafire.com/file/emewtboyhbvjtpt/0_text.afs.zip/file
Darn. Deleted the radar fix, no joy. Used your Kitserver files there (and without the radar fix), no joy... Even tried deleting some font files that were in my install but I don't think were in your ZIP file... Oh, and a sound folder that just had a couple of ADX files in (not added by me). No joy.

(By "no joy" I mean... I start an ML setup, fill the leagues with Eng/Ita/Ger/Spa teams, put Tranmere in slot eight of D2, then fill in the remaining 4 EPL teams in the first 4 slots of D2, followed by the fake English teams from the "other" section. I press "okay" afterwards, boom, crashes to desktop.)

I feel like I'm wasting your time at this point! If you've got it working on your end, and we're using the same option file and Kitserver folder... It's something I'm doing... Maybe having Kitserver set to 1920x1080 in the config file? (But it works with PES 5 and 6...)

The old Jenkey patch might be a good shot. I think he created the actual gameplay tool & his patch is used as a base for many of the new patches even today. I tried some of the new patches but either got crashes or the creator insists on putting their names on all the adboards so i gave up. I stick to Jenkey patch!

The links on his blog are way outdated but I managed to get it from here https://www.pesnewupdate.com/2017/12/pes-2013-pesjp-patch-2013-ultimate-by-jenkey1002.html
Downloading it now! Looks nice, it has J-League 1 and 2 and a few South American leagues! Thanks bro! :COOL:

Bros, have you heard of http://www.pesboleiros.com.br/2015/12/sulamericano7.html

They say it is the best South American patch for PES 2013!

Nice choice man :))! I played 5-6 seasons of ML just not long ago, plenty of fun, will probably return to it sooner or later. Hard to suggest you a patch, I used the Pesedit 6.0 which is super complete for the "original season", but it's not possible to use the GP editor as you ask and as South American League there unfortunately is only Brasilerao. Hope somebody will come up with some better suggestion for your tastes!

Hi bro @Madmac79 :) I saw that Pesedit 6.0 is VERY complete. I will probably install the Jenkey, the Pes Boleiros one, AND this one! One thing I like about PES 2013 is that you can install several patches and they are independent of each other! Very convenient. :TU:

Last edited:
Does it have to be in the database or can it be in the OF? The editor in my signature can export all stats of players in a PES 6 OF to a CSV file, and then re-import it back into the OF. So setting all injuries to B would be pretty quick.
IMG_20210910_000318_edit_176102967465836.jpg
What happened here with the player names with accents after I updated the injury to B?? Any way to fix it

Last edited:
@goalgerd Hopefully you got it sorted. Just to say I sometimes had problems with excel format. The free Libre office never caused any problems so you could try that if you're still having a problem with it.

Darn. Deleted the radar fix, no joy. Used your Kitserver files there (and without the radar fix), no joy... Even tried deleting some font files that were in my install but I don't think were in your ZIP file... Oh, and a sound folder that just had a couple of ADX files in (not added by me). No joy.

(By "no joy" I mean... I start an ML setup, fill the leagues with Eng/Ita/Ger/Spa teams, put Tranmere in slot eight of D2, then fill in the remaining 4 EPL teams in the first 4 slots of D2, followed by the fake English teams from the "other" section. I press "okay" afterwards, boom, crashes to desktop.)

I feel like I'm wasting your time at this point! If you've got it working on your end, and we're using the same option file and Kitserver folder... It's something I'm doing... Maybe having Kitserver set to 1920x1080 in the config file? (But it works with PES 5 and 6...)

That's really strange isn't it. Did you try to start the ML with kitserver uninstalled at all just to make sure it is a kitserver problem. If it crashes with kitserver uninstalled then it has to be something on the OF - if that was the case I can only think it would be a team that I didn't have when I started a couple of ML's to test. At least if you try to start a ML with kitserver uninstalled we can rule it in or out as the cause of the problem.

One thing reading what you wrote, although surely it can't be that, but I have always selected my P1 team in the first slot of D2. I really can't believe that would cause it but that's the only thing different to what you have done than I did.

Wonder if it would be worth trying it on a fresh install from sany's download?

@goalgerd Hopefully you got it sorted. Just to say I sometimes had problems with excel format. The free Libre office never caused any problems so you could try that if you're still having a problem with it.
Looks like the CSV was exported from an older version, if so I'll probably remove the direct links to old versions on the thread, a fair few bugs in some of those. I'm pretty sure this Excel issue came up before and I made a change to make sure it would always read in Excel correctly, could be imagining things though. :)

Looks like the CSV was exported from an older version, if so I'll probably remove the direct links to old versions on the thread, a fair few bugs in some of those. I'm pretty sure this Excel issue came up before and I made a change to make sure it would always read in Excel correctly, could be imagining things though. :)
Just to confirm this was an issue. With the newer versions the encoding is set for the CSV file so that Excel can't mess it up (or at least not so easily...!)

Have removed links to the old version, will probably add a link to the folder with all versions at some point. Just incase someone really needs an old and buggy version. :D

Back
Top Bottom