The Retro-PES Corner

Just a quick one to marvel at how bad the music is in PES 2008. Obviously I remembered "Football... SOCCER" (who wouldn't) but almost every song absolutely stinks. The kitschy, quaint instrumental numbers from the previous games were pretty inoffensive but some of the atrocities here... A potluck of genres as well, none of which seem to fit together. 😄

I think they lost a couple of key members from the Konaimi in-house jam band that year :LOL:

PES 5, 6 & 13.

Fifa 11 & 14
I tried all PES and FIFA games from PES 5 - PES 2016 and FIFA 11 - FIFA 16...
The best of them were PES 5, PES 6, PES 2014 version 1.0.0, FIFA 11 PC..
Now i have on my pc the PES 5 original season, PES 6 original season, PES 2014 and FIFA 11...
I dont like the ball physics of PES 2013 and the shoots...
The best of the best is PES 5 but it has problem with fouls...the ref is giving 10000 fouls...

Really enjoying WE9LE at the moment. Every time I get the ball with Gerrard, I just can't help myself. (Sorry @Flipper the Priest.)

P.S. - I've played all the old PES games and WE versions, but I don't recall seeing a laser light show like this before!

Is this ISS Cup (the "international league" cup competition) exclusive? Actually, it could be cup final exclusive - I don't think I've ever reached one before...

Really enjoying WE9LE at the moment. Every time I get the ball with Gerrard, I just can't help myself. (Sorry @Flipper the Priest.)

P.S. - I've played all the old PES games and WE versions, but I don't recall seeing a laser light show like this before!

Is this ISS Cup (the "international league" cup competition) exclusive? Actually, it could be cup final exclusive - I don't think I've ever reached one before...

Yes sir, I'm also having some PES classics fun... but I'm so excited to see how your creative teams will look in eFootball with those juicy coins that you'll get from the veteran bonus, and then of course seeing you using them vs. "la crème de la crème"...:LMAO:

I don't think I've seen that laser show before!

-----

Answer me this, anyone:

If you overwrite someone in PES 2008 (PS2), do their stats default to their original position when they regenerate? For example, if I put a striker, John Smith, in the game over Peter 'The Penis' Shilton, would they regenerate as John Smith the striker but with low goalkeeping stats?

TIA

Is there a particular patch you recommend for WE9LE Chris?

Is there a particular patch you recommend for WE9LE Chris?
I was using the Geezer patch and would have recommended that - however, after spending the last 48 hours hammering cup competitions to earn enough WEN points to unlock "Master League composition" and customise the leagues, I've just discovered that there's a serious crash before your ML will start. :(

Such a shame, because it seems a bit less "restricted" than PES5 (allowing you to do a little more with your default ML players, but without making anything too easy), and the ball physics are a little more solid. But it looks like I'll have to go back to PES5!

Lads I have watched this Gerrard clip about 5 times over & I am now sure of it.

Can you hear the crowd yell "shoot" as soon as Stevie G gets the ball? Is this in the base game or a patch feature?
Either way I love it!

I was using the Geezer patch and would have recommended that - however, after spending the last 48 hours hammering cup competitions to earn enough WEN points to unlock "Master League composition" and customise the leagues, I've just discovered that there's a serious crash before your ML will start. :(

Such a shame, because it seems a bit less "restricted" than PES5 (allowing you to do a little more with your default ML players, but without making anything too easy), and the ball physics are a little more solid. But it looks like I'll have to go back to PES5!
I have the same issue, and man I lover Geezers work.

The only "lifehacks" is to not mess with ML structure at all :( or avoid do radical changes, just swap 5~10 teams.

Ofcourse this is not a sensible solution. @mattmid offered a solution, make trials while messing with the kitserver, but it is out of my knowledge abilities, at this age.

Lads I have watched this Gerrard clip about 5 times over & I am now sure of it.

Can you hear the crowd yell "shoot" as soon as Stevie G gets the ball? Is this in the base game or a patch feature?
Either way I love it!
Oh my God, you're right! I didn't hear it at the time - I can only imagine it's a coincidence and it's played the "near miss" sound effect at the wrong time... But saying that, there's something going on with the crowd noise in Geezer's patch - it's 2x louder than it should be even when you turn the crowd volume down.

I have the same issue, and man I lover Geezers work.

The only "lifehacks" is to not mess with ML structure at all :( or avoid do radical changes, just swap 5~10 teams.

Ofcourse this is not a sensible solution. @mattmid offered a solution, make trials while messing with the kitserver, but it is out of my knowledge abilities, at this age.
:(

There's something really odd with the patch. When I was in the edit section, it would crash every 5 minutes or so, but never in the same place twice. It crashed as I was editing team names, kits - even just stadium allocations (to get rid of that damn Vodacom Park ploughed-field pitch).

Also, if you go into the squad registration section, you can see that almost every team has "blank" players assigned to them.

So I don't think it's a quick fix - I just have to give up on it...

I don't think I've seen that laser show before!

-----

Answer me this, anyone:

If you overwrite someone in PES 2008 (PS2), do their stats default to their original position when they regenerate? For example, if I put a striker, John Smith, in the game over Peter 'The Penis' Shilton, would they regenerate as John Smith the striker but with low goalkeeping stats?

TIA
Hi Flipper, John Smith the striker will come back as John Smith the striker but with lower stats. ;)

Hi Flipper, John Smith the striker will come back as John Smith the striker but with lower stats. ;)

Cool. Thought you might be the man to ask! Was anticipating going back and having to overwrite goalkeepers with goalkeepers etc...

Started on an editing rabbit hole for no reason. Not sure if I'll ever get round to actually doing the Master League! But if I do I don't want retirees like that twat Shilton taking up spots for active players.

Being back in parents house for two days, cause of a wedding in my hometown.

Started re-exploring my fakin leftovers and think again, how I will disguise them to pass them under wife's radar in our home.

Fortunately from SNES, my main cartridges still survived my mom's operation "annihilate everything as garbage"

Unfortunately the SNES console with two gamepad and some more games is still missing in action, probably left in that? house of that crazy exGF?? of my best friend.

On N64, console is either on a friend's old apartment, he left it 13 years ago, or on his parenthouse basement.

So on SNES survivors are
IMG_20210906_152425.jpg

On N64 unfortunately only those are the evidence left alive
IMG_20210906_153048.jpg
IMG_20210906_153032.jpg

The winner is Gameboy, with a lot of survivors, while still, I have lost somehow my very first Tetris cartridge, all my soccer games, MK2, Burai Fighter, R-Type, and other important titles.
Fun fact, I checked the GB console with 4 AA batteries and it is still working, freaking almost 30 years after.
IMG_20210906_152621.jpg

The nail in the coffin was, when I got down to the basement, to help my mother carry some staff out and I realized the she is using the empty carton-boxes of my SNES and N64 consoles, which I was keeping for collectible and emotional reasons, as storage for her extra dishing plates, and spoons, forks... Ffs...

I brought my N64 away from home when I moved... I kept it in the basement for a while, then moved it in the bedroom (without actually attaching it to the TV though, there's already a PS3 there and there's no space for another console).
Attaching it in the living room would be a no-go either (Xbox One still on duty), so it will stay there in the box waiting for the right moment.

My GameBoy (and some of its games too), on the other hand, went MIA while moving houses (along with some old PC games including a couple of old PES ones)...
Almost surely the GameBoy has been left behind in my mother's basement, and she likely got rid of it shortly after I left.

Excellent stuff @goalgerd :)

I have been testing CPU v CPU and this was nice too from the future combo between Cavani and Ronaldo, not sure about De Gea though.

Apologies about the video quality may be a little jumpy, I was recording it on my mac with about 100 other programs running at once :D

Oh my God, you're right! I didn't hear it at the time - I can only imagine it's a coincidence and it's played the "near miss" sound effect at the wrong time... But saying that, there's something going on with the crowd noise in Geezer's patch - it's 2x louder than it should be even when you turn the crowd volume down.

:(

There's something really odd with the patch. When I was in the edit section, it would crash every 5 minutes or so, but never in the same place twice. It crashed as I was editing team names, kits - even just stadium allocations (to get rid of that damn Vodacom Park ploughed-field pitch).

Also, if you go into the squad registration section, you can see that almost every team has "blank" players assigned to them.

So I don't think it's a quick fix - I just have to give up on it...

Chris can you point me in the direction of the OF for that and I'll have a play around with it.

Two things:

Does it crash in the editor if you have uninstalled kitserver?
Does the ML always crash at the start and when exactly, literally after you click to choose your team and it starts up or somewhere else?

As Peter Kay :)) For those who remember the advert.

But if I do I don't want retirees like that twat Shilton taking up spots for active players

It's subtle but I'm picking up on a dislike of Shilton. :LOL:

The nail in the coffin was, when I got down to the basement, to help my mother carry some staff out and I realized the she is using the empty carton-boxes of my SNES and N64 consoles

I know it was a typo but the picture this conjured up had me in tears. :LOL:

Chris can you point me in the direction of the OF for that and I'll have a play around with it.

Two things:

Does it crash in the editor if you have uninstalled kitserver?
Does the ML always crash at the start and when exactly, literally after you click to choose your team and it starts up or somewhere else?
You are a lovely, lovely human being.

The patch thread is here, not sure if Sany's all-in-one version has any updates in it: https://evoweb.uk/threads/we9le-patch-2005-06.78556/

I will upload my option file (with changes, though the crashes happen with or without them) if that helps? Let me know!

(Actually, I'll probably have to because the option file in the thread doesn't have enough WEN points to unlock "ML Composition", which is an issue...)

But there's allsorts going on in terms of issues:

If you delete Kitserver, the kits don't go away - which makes me think they're in the AFS files, as well as the Kitserver directory. In which case, why are all of the kits also in the Kitserver directory?

Edit mode crashes at random points, as I say (there really is no specific way to make it crash - sometimes it's viewing a kit, but then the next time it'll be fine, but you'll edit someone else's stadium assignment and it'll crash, even though there are no Kitserver stadiums)...

The ML seems to crash if you edit the structure at all. As @slamsoze said, if you don't touch it, it USUALLY works. But when I put together four English/Italian/German/Spanish leagues and a D2 with four English teams and four "other" teams, as soon as you press OK on that "ML composition" screen, it crashes to desktop.

Oh, and the radar has been removed - and when I follow the instructions to put it back, every team's radar colour is black (even when you specify radar colours in the Kitserver kit config files). So I have to manually change them in the "screen settings" menu every game.

Maybe it's not worth fixing... :LOL:

I've read that there is a lot of "crossover" between PES5 and WE9LE, and that you can apply patches for one to the other. Is that right? The "PES5 Original Season" patch is my favourite by far, and I'd love to get that working on WE9LE... But I haven't got the knowledge I once had...

You are a lovely, lovely human being.

The patch thread is here, not sure if Sany's all-in-one version has any updates in it: https://evoweb.uk/threads/we9le-patch-2005-06.78556/

I will upload my option file (with changes, though the crashes happen with or without them) if that helps? Let me know!

(Actually, I'll probably have to because the option file in the thread doesn't have enough WEN points to unlock "ML Composition", which is an issue...)

But there's allsorts going on in terms of issues:

If you delete Kitserver, the kits don't go away - which makes me think they're in the AFS files, as well as the Kitserver directory. In which case, why are all of the kits also in the Kitserver directory?

Edit mode crashes at random points, as I say (there really is no specific way to make it crash - sometimes it's viewing a kit, but then the next time it'll be fine, but you'll edit someone else's stadium assignment and it'll crash, even though there are no Kitserver stadiums)...

The ML seems to crash if you edit the structure at all. As @slamsoze said, if you don't touch it, it USUALLY works. But when I put together four English/Italian/German/Spanish leagues and a D2 with four English teams and four "other" teams, as soon as you press OK on that "ML composition" screen, it crashes to desktop.

Oh, and the radar has been removed - and when I follow the instructions to put it back, every team's radar colour is black (even when you specify radar colours in the Kitserver kit config files). So I have to manually change them in the "screen settings" menu every game.

Maybe it's not worth fixing... :LOL:

I've read that there is a lot of "crossover" between PES5 and WE9LE, and that you can apply patches for one to the other. Is that right? The "PES5 Original Season" patch is my favourite by far, and I'd love to get that working on WE9LE... But I haven't got the knowledge I once had...

Yeah if you could upload your OF that would be great too.

Edit mode crashes are in my experience almost always kitserver related but from what you say it's crashing in all manner of different places so that should be interesting to see!

It does sound like the OF is a problem too and I'm wondering if he used shop players as regular players that's usually something that crashes the ML, but there might be more going on if it crashes before it even starts.

There is a lot similar between the two, I'm not sure if a patch would directly work though, I know when we did the manager league in here although that was on PES6 one of the guys was from the US and only had WE10 and he could just rename the OF and it would load fine in the editor (not sure about in the game though)

Back
Top Bottom