The Retro-PES Corner

Well me too i wanted the more "PES 6 Like" version. So Bundes instead of fakes teams (issue : there's 20 teams i think and you can't swith two teams on others europe in game)
When we gotted PES 6 and we did a weekly league with friends, we created Belgium league instead. But that's not what i want now, but the usual PES leagues we gotted from PES3 to PES5 database / even if i don't remember having the full leagues in PES 3, the first one purposed that was Winning eleven 8: a big change (even if the game wasn't superb, still better balanced than many footy games from that decade).
Also tried some option files, but all the players gotted their face undone, untouched, it's sad. And FLS version gotted a big issue: players real faces where altered like if the number didn't correspond so you got Del Piero with Vieri face, and others randoms face like that... Didn't founded a fix for it.

Second, i liked the idea about 2nd divisions teams, but lets say it's only for Juve that's annoying me, i don't remember exactly if it worked like that but i remember there was a 2nd division when you start no? Or you can choose? Because i don't want Olympiakos in Serie A because they were promoted lol.
That's one thing that always bored me on certain PES / But to be honest at that time i played more with friends than ML.
ML, i played it especially on PES 1, and 2, and i tried also on the 6 (but on 360 : i buyed PC version similar to PS2 later, who were in fact better than the 360 version in terms of authenticity and customisation)
So, i can get a 20 german teams without issue with for example 2 of the PES 5 relegated, but about "others Euro" with Juve and basic ML player, i'm still a bit annoyed.
And one last thing, i tried both PES 5 and PES 6 ML : PES 5 is a bit "basic" to my remember in comparison to PES 6 ML, there's more features which makes the experience less repetitive. I'm pretty sure of it. Even if i globally prefers PES 5, i played it a lot more than PES 6 (as it's the only version without a Japanese winter transfers version)

I will try to launch it but my PC got stutters issues i got to resolve with the "new" system i found, the D3D.dll worked at a time but not anymore, i recently retried PES 6 and 5. But if i play on 4/3 : there's no probem
For the 3 i don't remember exactly, needs to try but i think that the one with the more stutters and lag 4:3 or Patched.

Last edited:
Can't Edit so:
-I'm currently downloading WE9 J-League Asia championship. I know there's fakes names for Euro teams, but there's K-League 1,2 also like usual J-League 1-2, and teams from West Asia like 4 from Saudi, UAE etc. even some club representating countries who didn't appeared in any other game from Bahrein or Singapour, i don't exactly remember.
Just found a translation patch. Names will be fakes if that the same from several year ago but it's not a problem : i just want to see if PES 5 teams are updated (in what i remember, i don't think, but i didn't checked a lot an played with special teams from Asia : was pretty fun)

NOW/
I figured out that PES 5 is the only one with no version with winter transfers. I prefers original stats but well, so i i tried
-We9 International (same as PES 5)
-We9 JL Asia Championship (same transfers as PES 5 + not as much European team, just the most important
-We9 PSP Ubquitous evolution to test but i remember having the same issue
And of course WE9LE, you already know rosters are the same as PES 5.

I think there's no other version after PES5. There's after the 6 with actualised transfers, but only WE9-PES5 still an enigm.
I suppose, and it's very probable, that they feared to update anything before knowing they could : as they've already know that they will lost Bundesliga in PES 6. Well it's just a theory.

Didn't found others version on others consoles btw. For PES 2014 there's a 3DS version for example, but i don't remember when the normal NDS was out and there's not Winning elven 9 on it.

Last edited:
Hi, how does that work? Copying appearance and stats to PES2008?
It works by hex-edit it. The unknow_00073.bin_000 (decrypted using the zlib tool) inside the PES2008 0_text contains player data. You can copy the player stats from WE9 to PES2014 PS2. This is my go-to tutorial https://evoweb.uk/threads/tutorial-...on-online-hidden-national-chant-banner.71397/. Yes you can port 55.bin_000 directly to your 73.bin_000, but you need to work around since PES2008 has more players (more teams, and much more appearance thing differ from the PES6).
A bit complicated, but when you get it. You'll understand

PS. If you're really curious about how this works, you can check a tutorial that I use. It's in Indonesian. But you might get the idea https://we10vers.wordpress.com/2015/04/01/memindahkan-pemain-dengan-hex-untuk-pes-dan-we10/

This is what you'll get when you copy the player information into another PES.
1629099214928.png
The stats doesn't change but you'll have weird and different appearance. Yes, I only just copied the whole player information without any important change beside the location.

Last edited:
It works by hex-edit it. The unknow_00073.bin_000 (decrypted using the zlib tool) inside the PES2008 0_text contains player data. You can copy the player stats from WE9 to PES2014 PS2. This is my go-to tutorial https://evoweb.uk/threads/tutorial-...on-online-hidden-national-chant-banner.71397/. Yes you can port 55.bin_000 directly to your 73.bin_000, but you need to work around since PES2008 has more players (more teams, and much more appearance thing differ from the PES6).
A bit complicated, but when you get it. You'll understand

PS. If you're really curious about how this works, you can check a tutorial that I use. It's in Indonesian. But you might get the idea https://we10vers.wordpress.com/2015/04/01/memindahkan-pemain-dengan-hex-untuk-pes-dan-we10/

This is what you'll get when you copy the player information into another PES.
The stats doesn't change but you'll have weird and different appearance. Yes, I only just copied the whole player information without any important change beside the location.
Hey,

I need to copy appearance from PES 2008 PS2 to use them on PES 6 PC

Do you know how ?

I’ve just bought this t-shirt:
you caught my interest... i'm looking into creating my own shirt now... something like this...

shirt.jpg

edit: quick legal question. when i do print a shirt like that or similar... there are no legal rights broken, right!? the names are fake names from a fake team... no worries about konami sueing me!? :D

Last edited:
Jumped on the retro bandwagon today and went and got a PS2. PES5 & PES6 cost me a whopping total of 50 English pence 😂

Anyway, back in the day when I had more time, I edited it myself.

How do I get an option file from the PC onto the PS2? I have tried googling and remember having a max drive years ago but I've looked on eBay and not many, if at all, about.

Is there another way?

Jumped on the retro bandwagon today and went and got a PS2. PES5 & PES6 cost me a whopping total of 50 English pence 😂

Anyway, back in the day when I had more time, I edited it myself.

How do I get an option file from the PC onto the PS2? I have tried googling and remember having a max drive years ago but I've looked on eBay and not many, if at all, about.

Is there another way?

In my humble, if you own a PS2 you have to buy one of these or set it up yourself.

It'll allow you to transfer saves, change resolutions, play back-ups/modded/import games. It's superb. Feel free to DM me if you want to know more!

Does anyone know of a pes 5 or we9 patch for 2021. Please and thank you. I have tried the geezer patch just want to know if there is another one. Thanks

Does anyone know of a pes 5 or we9 patch for 2021. Please and thank you. I have tried the geezer patch just want to know if there is another one. Thanks
Yeah I’d like to get a definitive answer on this too. It seems like PES 6 gets a lot of attention but not the superior PES 5.

What’s the Geezer patch like?

Yeah I’d like to get a definitive answer on this too. It seems like PES 6 gets a lot of attention but not the superior PES 5.

I tried some geezer versions of we9le, original season and seasons 2016-2017. It is from the most polihed we9le/pes5 patches ive played and he had a custom angle for the camera i use, broadcast old school, that i really love it, keep in mind that i usually hate camera angles in football videogames.

Only problem was, when i did radical changes to league structure while starting the ML in the screen you edit the 4 leagues, it used to crash to desktop.

Without knowing that guy, for me whenever i read @geezer = synonym of quality.

I tried some geezer versions of we9le, original season and seasons 2016-2017. It is from the most polihed we9le/pes5 patches ive played and he had a custom angle for the camera i use, broadcast old school, that i really love it, keep in mind that i usually hate camera angles in football videogames.

Only problem was, when i did radical changes to league structure while starting the ML in the screen you edit the 4 leagues, it used to crash to desktop.

Without knowing that guy, for me whenever i read @geezer = synonym of quality.
Thanks for the detailed reply mate 🙂

after 2015 ai trigger zones /passiveness and 2013 com attack repetition i was intrigued to check all other games that were installed, i never did any specific cross testing like this atleast in the tactic/overall sort of department, so i tried to set up barca and the players in each game for most possession play and basically found out the further back one goes the more consistently one ends up with more COM possession compared to newer titles, the one exception is 2010, going back from that its not that huge of a difference

then i noticed another thing, smoothness of animation vs responsiveness, i think 2013 wins this (2012 should be very similar), titles used in both of these are: 2015/2013/2010/2008/6/WE9LE/4/3 all PC

taking everything into consideration i still end up with PES6, with working cam tool id give 4 another go on ML for sure, then its 3 (the dribbling/missing animations/direction sort of ruins it for me unfortunately), 5 is the worst, 2008 i just cant get past certain points, the animations of ps2 gen titles just aged better, its not just the shorts :DD, its just a certain clunkiness to them

maybe i should give fifa a go with sliders or mods idk, otherwise all is left would be 16 and 17, no interest for 19 whatsoever, i remember being very cold when all the news/reviews etc being released that year, no interest for emulating older titles than PES3 either

Last edited:

the patch is pretty good, the only issue is there is some clipping or missing textures on the kits, it seems like every player kit is deformed at their neck. but the gameplay and look is solid and fun

Weird, i tried We9 Ubiquitous evolution on PSP, and i can't situe the roster time. Looks like a uncomplete version of Winter transfers from PES 5 era.
They're different, but i can't situe when at all, it's pretty weird but they're different. Looks like roster are dating from the previous year as i checked on transfermarkt, but with players stats updated

Messi got his PES 6 stats so a very good winger, not those one : https://www.pesmaster.com/messi/pes-5/player/3773/ where he was super low.

Will gives you later some full teams rosters, the most known. But it's weird, i checked and normally if they're right in Transfermarkt, Michael Owen would have been at Real normally (not 100% sure, but i'm sure that 2006-2007 was PES 6 era, so 2005-2006 PES5 era)

Messi got his PES 6 stats so a very good winger, not those one : https://www.pesmaster.com/messi/pes-5/player/3773/ where he was super low.
Cuz the stats are based on the previous season.

If you compare players stats between the winter update of PES 2009 and the original database of PES 2010, you will notice that the difference isn't too big.

For exemple, Messi got 94 in attack ability in the original PES 2009 database, then 97 after the winter update.
All his stats from the winter update are the same as the original DB of PES 2010

No i misunderstood with another game. The only one with some Europeans clubs teams updated is WE9 Asia Championship... But they've got all fakes names and fakes faces (well like every PS2 PES you can found real faces by searching on the preset facebuild) Messi got slighty higher stats but between 75 and 85, a bit more less super weak like on PES 5 (well, he was super young, now one now what he will became. We saw at the time so many "new Zidane" and "New Ronaldo" promises lol)

But there like 3 spanish teams, 5 italian, etc. on two "pages". The rest is Asian clubs, J-League and K-League. So nothing real and interesting with real Konami stats to update PES 5, from any game. Well my favorite game is WE9 above all, sad but completely normal it wasn't out on PC (japanese game... They weren't PC at all on that time so no Winning Eleven Japanese version on PC, only the Korean one)

@H_G i know lol, i'm editing since it was possible, and got every Winning eleven instead the WE5FE at the right time (i got it later btw, awesome game, a better PES1 version, also with rosters up to date and stats revamped. Vieri is a monster like Batistuta)

EA stats system are way too dynamic, it's not really appropriate for the "middle-long terms" PES stats, not really interested except for youths first time in the game. I didn't checked the converter btw.
If you convert players , try to get the original FUT card stats : they don't change from a week to another with +20 in curve or -15 in speed. They're more made for the "one season" terms. I think they change a bit only after winter transfers, i'm not that sure.

Was more or less the same as Snes, but with different sound and no slowdown. Also 1 or 2 characters possible to add. Like Ravaneli on snes > you can add the missing L etc.
Just that i prefers the feeling of the Snes menus, presentations etc., and just the fact the it's more nostalgic otherwhise the PS1 version is better.
Now about slowdown, on Retroarch + Batocera/Recabox (any O.S. for emulatuion), you can play with checking "fix slodown : compatible" (there's 3 mode, some makes bugs on the game, that one is perfect for this game but also Super Ghoulsn't Ghost even if there's a hack fixing i think, and Demon's Crest. In fact : all Capcom Snes games with slodown are now like they should have been. No slodown was possible, by unlocking one ship on the console...

I wanted, on Snes, original stats, info ect. the issue is there's an version correcting all, but with many changes in stats, and some players "added". I don't want that, i want to get the most original as possible, but with real names.
There's a tool named tried FECIC (links below) to fix names myself, but it doesn't work at all, everything is bugged on my Windows 10, impossible renaming players.

One guy made it recently btw, he thinked excatly like me, but made some mistakes. The orignal reals names was last year "released" by Konami themselves.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5859/
The issue is he misunderstood some players, like Zola > he assigned Del Piero at the place (Fidrini is Del Piero, the time he was more offensive and young before injury) and i don't remember what player he assigned instead. So it should be the same for all teams, but if FECIC worked well, i would be far easier to correct some small issues he probably did with other teams (well to me Zola instead of Del Piero is pretty annoying lol)

Real names:
https://pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/International_Superstar_Soccer_Deluxe_Real_Names
(I corrected around 50-60% on my save, tooks longer as i'm not used to it)

The famous FECIC tool who doesn't work, try to open it with an US Rom version if you want (i tried everything, no way)
For names and abilities:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1578/
For color palettes:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1575/
For GK uniform
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1577/

Now just one thing no one were aware of it... On the Japanese version named Jikkyou soccer 2 don't remember the complete name, you could've change, on Snes, all players names like on PSX! I didn't thinked that possible as there's probably a lot of information to store on a memory small chip. I founded, the function in japanese, and was like :SHOCK: "Why we couldn't do it at the time on our US/EU version ??? On that era it would have been fantastic!"

Last edited:
Morning guys. Hope you don’t mind but I’m just sharing my recently started WE10 Master League. I’m posting all content directly to twitter so each clip will be a maximum of 2:20. It can be tough to edit but it makes for some nice snappy content. All videos also posted to my YouTube account

100% inspired by @Flipper the Priest as I love seeing his ML clips on twitter 🙂.

I have 4 episodes so far (including the intro episode);

I won’t continue to spam videos to here. Hope some of you will like it so far 🙂

take it easy!

Back
Top Bottom