The Retro-PES Corner

fixed pes4 vsync here and applied agility stat reduction globally (-keepers)

what a beaut, now all i need is a cam tool :PRAY:

broadcast 1 cam further reduces the speed, the angle applied on this is like two-three times more than angle 9* on wide cam so the further angle slows it down, i like this effect better than the slow down effect of zooming out or speeder/timer, just feels better, also in task manager the .exe to put on just one core also slows it down, i think this is very close to intended speed if not slower (never played ps2, just videos)

i wonder how all this applies to people saying that pes4 is too fast, atleast on pc, because the difference is massive, sure the core gameplay design is rather box to box (which is more modern in a way than pes5) but the speed itself is not fast at all now

Friends, I have a two simple questions.

I downloaded PES 2013 from the Retro PES Installments thread and applied the PESJP patch..

I've been enjoying the game a lot, but I'd like to know.. How do I take screenshots? F12 doesn't work (since it is not a steam game), and Print Screen doesn't work either..

Also I'd like to know.. Do you guys recommend using KONAMI or PSD stats?

Any help would be appreciated. :TU:

Last edited:

I downloaded PES 2013 from the Retro PES Installments thread and applied the PESJP patch..

I've been enjoying the game a lot, but I'd like to know.. How do I take screenshots? F12 doesn't work (since it is not a steam game), and Print Screen doesn't work either..

For screens I used to do Alt+enter to enter in Windowed mode and then the classic Win+Print Screen, idk if there is another better way

I use Fraps for screenshots (and even for short videos)! Maybe a bit dated but it does the job.

I'm finally finished with the AI work :APPLAUD::APPLAUD: , this is the best AI goal I've ever seen in PES 6 :WORSHIP:

I love how the adboards are at least 15 years more recent than the teams as they are represented.
But yeah, that was really sick.

Thought some people here might be interested in this little historical tidbit.

I loved gaming magazines.

Oh yeah, those were the days. Over here we had this one:
kfVuXhI.jpg

I loved how it looked like a sticker album because I was one of the kids that collected them back then (I was 10 at the time).
And that official art too, it looked so dope for the time.
I've been collecting the magazines of my time in PDF.

I love how the adboards are at least 15 years more recent than the teams as they are represented.

kfVuXhI.jpg

I loved how it looked like a sticker album because I was one of the kids that collected them back then (I was 10 at the time).
Feel free to send me the 1992 ones🙌🙌

kfVuXhI.jpg

I know i am from the biggest ISS fanboys, but does it say 17 million different animations? Sounds a little bit exaggerated. :)
Even for 90s :P

EDIT : Or 17mil=17 thousands???

kfVuXhI.jpg

I'm going to go through some online archives for ISS/PES stuff. Bound to be some gold!

Looking back at the N64 (and even before, SNES) era I realized that it is very sad to see that some features that we were taking for 'granted' back in the day have now disappeared completely.
Scenarios, for example. Different referees, each one with his own behaviour. Things that were as simple as a coin toss.

Sad, indeed.

Last edited:
Looking back at the N64 (and even before, SNES) era I realized that it is very sad to see that some features that we were taking for 'granted' back in the day have now disappeared completely.
Scenarios, for example. Different referees, each one with his own behaviour. Things that were as simple as a coin toss.

Sad, indeed.

Absolutely. Have we seen any of them post PS2? Scenarios last seen on MLS ExtraTime, coin toss on ISS 3 and refereeing strictness throughout on PES? I've got no advance on that.

Surprised EA haven't brought back the coin toss as a chance to swing their dick around on a cut scene. But I do really miss it, especially. Was nice for building up the atmosphere, as the camera pans around Wembley before zooming in on Heinz Muller tossing a shiny coin into the night sky.

The N64 games did - even by today's standards - a really good job of giving the players personalities. The argie bargie off the ball after a free-kick and with the ref. The way the players trudged around and off the field when tired. The captain taking off the armband when subbed. All very exaggerated and cartoon-like but still admirable.

Meh, what do I know.

1419261637794668545.gif

Surprised EA haven't brought back the coin toss as a chance to swing their dick around on a cut scene. But I do really miss it, especially.
Oh wait, let's make them see it in the right way then so they'll bring it back soon.
Hey EA, the coin toss is something that can be GAMBLED UPON! Y U NO bring it back?

About players' personality and animations in particular moments, one of the cutscenes I used to like the most belonged to old FIFAs (I think it was in both 98 and 99): when being sent off (after a direct red if I recall correctly) some players would start arguing with the official, would come close and would confront him with a pretty good mimic (like pointing at him in anger while complaining) then would walk away, just to turn back after a couple of steps, point the finger at the ref again, yell something more, then (just then) finally leave the pitch for good.
I miss those little gems too. They didn't add anything to the gameplay, but they surely did wonders for the sense of immersion.

Edit: THIS!!!

Last edited:
Oh wait, let's make them see it in the right way then so they'll bring it back soon.
Hey EA, the coin toss is something that can be GAMBLED UPON! Y U NO bring it back?

About players' personality and animations in particular moments, one of the cutscenes I used to like the most belonged to old FIFAs (I think it was in both 98 and 99): when being sent off (after a direct red if I recall correctly) some players would start arguing with the official, would come close and would confront him with a pretty good mimic (like pointing at him in anger while complaining) then would walk away, just to turn back after a couple of steps, point the finger at the ref again, yell something more, then (just then) finally leave the pitch for good.
I miss those little gems too. They didn't add anything to the gameplay, but they surely did wonders for the sense of immersion.

Let players be able to 'pack' different coins and do (DLC) taunts while they're waiting on it to land in front of the referee, Dua Lipa.

Yes I think I know those cut scenes from FIFA even with my limited experience, flailing those odd, stumpy club hands at the ref. Something that the Konami PS1 games lacked - players would always resign themselves to their fate with varying degrees of slumping. Way too polite for my liking.

Something that the Konami PS1 games lacked - players would always resign themselves to their fate with varying degrees of slumping. Way too polite for my liking.
It's the Japanese way of dealing with things I must assume.
On a different note, the urge to be politically correct would probably prevent us from having cutscenes like this in a football game again.
Are you mad? You can't teach kids that a player may get upset and yell at the referee threatening him of God knows what (because that's what I thought when I first saw that cutscene, something like "I'll meet you outside", and guess what? It never made me want to threaten a referee myself!) that's wrooooong!!!
Let them gamble on packs instead. That's all good!

Last edited:

Edit: THIS!!!

Was fucking cool to see indeed.

I love how the temporarily freezing of all the others seems to mimic a "let's wait for this lunatic to leave before even move and make things worse" mood :P

It's the Japanese way of dealing with things I must assume.

I get the impression KCET was more Japanese in their approach than KCEO.

The courtesy is cranked up to the max in the J.League games on PS1. Although the lining up is particular to Japan, they could've put the players going over to the crowd into the Western releases. A nice touch.

I was messing with J-L Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship lately. Lovely game, the lower stats database of the japanese teams suits 2008 dna quite well (I'd say way better than the purely western one). Did a quick, plain J-League with Vissel Kobe to unlock the six stars, and between the fanstic atmosphere and the super varied gameplay I already had plenty of fun. Since we are talking about old magazines and whatnot, in a lot of ways this game is more or less what I envisioned for Perfect Striker to be when I looked at the preview pictures back in the days.. exotic, fun and a damn good representation of the game. Among the other things, loved what they did with the keeper; I still like Pes 5/WE9 more, but the improvements compared with Pes 6 are gigantic imo. I did a small compilation of saves I particularly enjoyed about my goalie Enomoto:

Also wanted to share this magnificent header CPU scored against me:

I think I can't remember ever being scored against from such a long distance with an header in Ps2 era (or maybe at all, considering any "modern" football game!).

By the way, once I unlocked the 6 stars, I gave a brief look to ML.. and, to my surprise, I discovered there apparently is Fifa Club World Cup.. or at least a fake version of it!?
jl world cup.jpg

it only appears, togheter with all the rest of the asian cups when, after entering the ML mode, you select the Japanese League,.. in the European one apparently the structure is the old usual same. Don't know if it was already well known and I discovered the hot water (noticed a youtuber already talked about it two years ago here), but it's kinda big for me.. already fantasizing about a run to bring it all home or something.

It's also a shame and frankly a bit unexplicable they did such a more accurate representation of the whole JL season to the point of including a version of the World Cup for clubs and never thought about implementing something similar in some of the european chapters. Would have loved to death to have it even and maybe mostly in Ps3 era, where ML depth was at the peak.

Hi friends! How would u rank PES 2009-2013 in terms of playability?

I haven't tried 2012 yet, but I played 2010, 2011, and 2013, and out of these, my favorite is 2011!

The smoothest animations and gameplay!

Back
Top Bottom