PES 6/PES 5/WE9 LE All Stuttering

Many tks Mate, I have try every possible sollution but not the result i want. When the fps is perfect, the screen is tearing, anh when screen is good, the fps drop :)) haha
So i will wait the Firebird team for the November update, may be it will be fix

https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-6-pes-5-we9-le-all-stuttering.76597/post-3755083

Anyone with integrated GPUs, or Vulkan-capable videocards, try this method. It plays butter smooth, and I'm still playing weekly with Intel UHD 630 at 1080p.

No micro-stutters, no tearing. No second half deterioration.. Works flawlessly with Firebird Patch 23. Ensure your Video drivers are up to date, and you're using the latest Vulkan implementation.

I tried all of these solutions, but the game is not smooth like 2006..
Any special solutions for AMD Video Cards?
I have a Huawei D15 Laptop with AMD Ryzen 7
On my last try, dxvk doesn't work so well.

hey mate, I am using an AMD RX 580 8GB (latest drivers) with Intel i7-3770. The best solution I have found so far is the newest version of dgVoodoo 2.79.3 with Vsync turned on to get rid of the tearing. Runs quite smooth for me, though snowy weather can cause the occasional hiccups. Hopefully it works for you.

on ryzen try enhanced sync on , also use normal speed 1.0 not 0,97

Also try disabling HPET in Device Manger ( google search ) reduces stutters, worth a shot ! But it might increase temps so try AIDA64 test it seems my temps went about 3 degrees up .

Hello, i have read this entire thread and i have tried everything and i still have micro-cuts in PES6, they told me it could be because of my processor, it's a Intel Core i5-8250U of the 1,60 GHz with 8 cores, can someone who has the same processor tell me how the PES is doing? the FIFA 11 for example, worked perfectly for me, any more solution? greetings from Spain.

Hello, i have read this entire thread and i have tried everything and i still have micro-cuts in PES6, they told me it could be because of my processor, it's a Intel Core i5-8250U of the 1,60 GHz with 8 cores, can someone who has the same processor tell me how the PES is doing? the FIFA 11 for example, worked perfectly for me, any more solution? greetings from Spain.

May be you need to find how to tweak you operating system for better and stable work.
It is also can be useful to try make correct settings for videodriver of your graphic card.
Graphic card can be external or internal (that built in CPU).

Try do describe better your operating system (win7, win 10 or win 11), your videocard and also settings that you are using in game itself.

Also you can try this one method, described below:
https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-6-pes-5-we9-le-all-stuttering.76597/page-4#post-3755083

A WORKING FIX FOR EVERYONE BELOW (updated on the 5th of Nov, 22)
--------------------------------------------

Okay guys, I'll be very brief. For people who can't force vsync via their drivers, or get stutters, etc, here's a very easy and quick to apply solution, in a couple of steps:

1. Grab a dx8 to dx9 wrapper such as this (any would work) - http://enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0036.htm
2. Download the v1.10.1 release or older, and a config file of DXVK, from here - https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/tag/v1.10.1 (currently, newer versions break d3d9 shaders in PES6 and cause severe flickering and artifacts)
3. Inside the PES directory where the executable is found, place the 32-bit versions of dxgi.dll and d3d9.dll from DXVK, and the d3d8.dll from the DirectX8 to 9 wrapper. Add the dxvk.conf file. It should look like this:

As seen, kitserver can be used with it and doesn't get affected at all.
4. Set/uncomment these options in dxvk.conf and save the changed configuration file:
Code:
dxgi.syncInterval = 1
d3d9.presentInterval = 1

5. When running pes6.exe, you have to use Compatibility mode with Windows XP (SP3) and "disable full screen optimizations" as otherwise Windows 10 will force double Vsync.

Optionally, you can set Administrative permissions on the .EXE, set priority to high, and isolate two cores like this, in the Shortcut's Target:
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /high /Affinity 5 "C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 6\pes6.exe"
where the path is your game's installation directory. Make sure you tick "Run this program as an administrator" in the Compatibility tab, when saving the updated shortcut.

Note that initially, while the shader cache is getting built for the various animations in-game, you will get micro-stutters. That will stop after a couple of minutes. This is the way DXVK works.

Enjoy your tear-free, stutter-free Pro Evo, just as if you were playing it in 2006. :) This will work the same with PES 5.

All kudos go to DXVK's dev team. :BEER:
How to download the file dxvk.conf?

Okay guys, I'll be very brief. For people who can't force vsync via their drivers, or get stutters, etc, here's a very easy and quick to apply solution, in a couple of steps:

1. Grab a dx8 to dx9 wrapper such as this (any would work) - http://enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0036.htm
2. Download the v1.10.1 release or older, and a config file of DXVK, from here - https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/tag/v1.10.1 (currently, newer versions break d3d9 shaders in PES6 and cause severe flickering and artifacts)
3. Inside the PES directory where the executable is found, place the 32-bit versions of dxgi.dll and d3d9.dll from DXVK, and the d3d8.dll from the DirectX8 to 9 wrapper. Add the dxvk.conf file. It should look like this:

4. Set/uncomment these options in dxvk.conf and save the changed configuration file:
Code:
dxgi.syncInterval = 1
d3d9.presentInterval = 1

5. When running pes6.exe, you have to use Compatibility mode with Windows XP (SP3) and "disable full screen optimizations" as otherwise Windows 10 will force double Vsync.

Optionally, you can set Administrative permissions on the .EXE, set priority to high, and isolate two cores like this, in the Shortcut's Target:
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /high /Affinity 5 "C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 6\pes6.exe"
where the path is your game's installation directory. Make sure you tick "Run this program as an administrator" in the Compatibility tab, when saving the updated shortcut.

Note that initially, while the shader cache is getting built for the various animations in-game, you will get micro-stutters. That will stop after a couple of minutes. This is the way DXVK works.

Enjoy your tear-free, stutter-free Pro Evo, just as if you were playing it in 2006. :) This will work the same with PES 5.

D8VK is possible now so you may not even need to use DX8 to 9 wrapper
https://github.com/AlpyneDreams/d8vk

Hello, i think i have 2 graphics cards, an internal one that is Intel UHD Graphics 620 and an external one that is NVIDIA GeForce MX150, both graphics used with PES 6 give me micro-cuts in the game, my operating system is Windows 11 and i play with 1920x1080 in internal resolution, what could be the problem?

Someone help me? with D3doverrider activating the triple buffering and vsync and setting the application detection level to high, the game at speed 1.06 the tear disappears but the microcuts continue, any other solution to this? i need help, thank you.

Code:
dxgi.syncInterval = 1
d3d9.presentInterval = 1

Code:

I followed these steps in order to play PES 2010 as well. While I finally managed to get rid of tearing in fullscreen mode, stuttering still occurs. Actually it was stutter free, but with tearing screen, while getting rid of tearing made it stutter. Worth mentioning, everything runs just fine, but only while being not in fullscreen mode. I couldn't find a thread that would deal with other old PES games that have similar problems on windows 10, so I decided to ask here. Perhaps there is something more that can be done? Someone with similar problem?

I followed these steps in order to play PES 2010 as well. While I finally managed to get rid of tearing in fullscreen mode, stuttering still occurs. Actually it was stutter free, but with tearing screen, while getting rid of tearing made it stutter. Worth mentioning, everything runs just fine, but only while being not in fullscreen mode. I couldn't find a thread that would deal with other old PES games that have similar problems on windows 10, so I decided to ask here. Perhaps there is something more that can be done? Someone with similar problem?
Disable game bar presence writer like this see if it helps for your game , even if it doesn't it will help for the other games you have in you PC

Additionally you can disable Devices in Device manager like System Timer , System Speakers, Remote desktop device redirector bus etc . you can revert changes back if you have problems .

Last edited:
You can't apply this to PES 2010, as it's not a DX8 game. Generally, try to disable full screen optimizations from Properties > Compatibility, and then force Vsync ON from your video drivers.

@Michael D. Trooper, thanks for the tip!

@b3g1nn3r1, ah it makes sense. Regarding forcing Vsync ON, the problem is that neither PES 10 or PES 13 detect vram, they show that my graphic card is too weak (GeForce MX350), allowing only low/medium settings, after applying PESEDIT patch I am able to overrun it and select everything at max. Although from my graphic card panel, after selecting the exe file, the game still does not react to Vsync or any other modifications. I suspect that initial lack of vram recognition or identifying video card correctly might have something to do with it?

@Michael D. Trooper, thanks for the tip!

@b3g1nn3r1, ah it makes sense. Regarding forcing Vsync ON, the problem is that neither PES 10 or PES 13 detect vram, they show that my graphic card is too weak (GeForce MX350), allowing only low/medium settings, after applying PESEDIT patch I am able to overrun it and select everything at max. Although from my graphic card panel, after selecting the exe file, the game still does not react to Vsync or any other modifications. I suspect that initial lack of vram recognition or identifying video card correctly might have something to do with it?
I couldn't tell you without testing it myself, but by mentioning MX350, I assume it is a laptop and might be working discreetly alongside Intel's own CPU-powered software video processing, for energy saving purposes. Use these tips to set it up properly, so your Nvidia GPU is used - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-sync-broken-via-nvidia-control-panel-on-w10/

I couldn't tell you without testing it myself, but by mentioning MX350, I assume it is a laptop and might be working discreetly alongside Intel's own CPU-powered software video processing, for energy saving purposes. Use these tips to set it up properly, so your Nvidia GPU is used - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-sync-broken-via-nvidia-control-panel-on-w10/
You are absolutely correct, it is a laptop with Intel UHD Graphics. I used your link and tried to apply following methods, but I was stopped instantly, because there are no "Select Application" or "Vertical Sync" functions in latest Intel Graphics Command Center, instead they left plain Home screen with no selections. I suppose my next option is to try and downgrade or to download beta version https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/intel®-graphics-command-center-beta/9NMR79ZTJFTC?hl=en-us&gl=us as I`ve seen someone suggesting? Anyway, thank you for trying to help. Much appreciated!

Update: Tried Graphics center beta version - it allowed to select vsync, but not in a way that was recommended in nvidia forum, either way, there was no effect. The game is either tearing or starts stuttering when I check "disable fullscreen optimization" box. Seems to be a tricky one with laptops

Last edited:
I had the same issue. What fixed it for me was right click the exe and select compatibility mode then select xp service pack 3 and disable full screen optimisation. If that doesn't work for you then you could using d3overrider which forces triple buffer.

Alternatively, but not ideal is to play it in the original resolution in 4:3. If it still doesn't work then play in windowed mode.

Ok so I think I've found my problem and I think it's the resolution, I play the game in my old secondary pc with a 720p monitor and it always runs bad with tearing and high input lag so I tried the same pc with my 1080p tv and the game runs very smooth even using all high settings and with hd stadiums but I've noticed that when I'm using the monitor the settings.exe only shows some low resolutions but not 1280x720 but even when I try with the tv it shows a larger list of resolution like 1080p but it neither shows 1280x720 so I think 720p resolution is somehow not supported by PES6 and that's why the game runs bad when I'm using the monitor so I don't really know how to solve this...

1686004707655.png

Hello - I'm having an issue in PES5/WE9 where I cannot get the game to play in a 16:9 format, even though it has guessed my current res at 1920x1080 and my kload is set to that as well. I have an ultrawide monitor (3440x1440), so I want to play in window mode but I don't seem to get it out of the default window size (I can set it to a better size in PES 6).

I've tried everything to no avail, am I just stuck playing PES 5 in 4:3 / 1280x960 on this computer?

Code:
dxgi.syncInterval = 1
d3d9.presentInterval = 1

Code:

and where do I enter this code, I really didn't understand it?

Hi guys, maybe I switched from a 60 hrz monitor to 144 hrz but now when I change the speeder values eg from 1.00 at 0.96 I no longer have drops in frames ... now I don't know if it is due to this factor or to the latest anti lag dlls that I downloaded here on the forum ...

Hi guys, maybe I switched from a 60 hrz monitor to 144 hrz but now when I change the speeder values eg from 1.00 at 0.96 I no longer have drops in frames ... now I don't know if it is due to this factor or to the latest anti lag dlls that I downloaded here on the forum ...

is most likely that the speed actually dont change, that happens to me in fact i can't use speeder sadly even if i set it to the lowest value allowed, speeder basically is based upon the framerate

is most likely that the speed actually dont change, that happens to me in fact i can't use speeder sadly even if i set it to the lowest value allowed, speeder basically is based upon the framerate
With the lowering of the speeder I get a more homogeneous gameplay and I liked it less jerky than the default and above all less frenetic

Hello, i have already played fifa 11 and pes 2012 and both games work perfectly for me, it only works badly for me pes 6, therefore i deduce that my problem is that something on my laptop is not compatible with pes 6, be it the processor or the graphics or whatever, has anyone who has a similar type of pc to mine managed to solve the problem? that your pc has the same or similar components as mine, if so, could you tell me how you solved it? say that i detailed my components in this same thread.

I think we touched upon that already, but thought I'll just ask: have you made sure you hit enter after the speeder value in the doc file?

Back
Top Bottom