PES 6/PES 5/WE9 LE All Stuttering

How does the code look if my games are in D ? like this : C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /high /Affinity 5 "D:\Games\Pro Evolution Soccer 6\pes6.exe" ?
Yes, just edit an existing shortcut. Also, since Windows' recent updates, those settings won't be applied if executed as admin (weirdly enough), so just edit your shortcut target and do NOT run as an administrator.

Apparently what it does is it enforces Vsync and you should turn it off in your GPU settings when you play in borderless window mode.

while i was using my old pc with nvidia graphic card, solution that worked for me was the one posted by @Ciais

but, a month ago, i purchased new pc with vega 11 integrated graphics and that solution doesn't work anymore.

som could anyone suggest what is best for amd graphic cards?

EDIT: enbseries dx9 convertor seems only tool to work with pes 5/6, but nothing works with pes 3 anymore...

Last edited:
while i was using my old pc with nvidia graphic card, solution that worked for me was the one posted by @Ciais

but, a month ago, i purchased new pc with vega 11 integrated graphics and that solution doesn't work anymore.

som could anyone suggest what is best for amd graphic cards?

EDIT: enbseries dx9 convertor seems only tool to work with pes 5/6, but nothing works with pes 3 anymore...

Have you tried downloading dgvoodoo from the creator website? It has many updates,maybe you will need to touch a little bit the config file

I have the absolute solution for stuttering involving the usage of SpecialK software with LatentSync & dgVoodo, stay tuned.

Little spoiler:
- Inbuilt Double-buffered Vsync in PES engine causes those stutters.
- PES is ALWAYS in fullscreen borderless mode on Windows 8.1+. So fullscreen exclusive is not possible. But it's not needed. We should take the advantage of DWM instead by using FSO (Independent Flip) & it's lagless borderless fullscreen. IndependentFlip Is avaliable from DirectX 10+ so we need to use dgVoodo DX11 wrapper to accomplish that. Borderless fullscreen with DirectX 8 (which this game uses) have performance & latency penalties as DirectX 8 is engaged in Composed Flip, which is bad.
FSO (Independent Flip) is better than FSE (Legacy Flip), and some users, which I saw, should stop going backwards blindlessly promoting FSE just because of some beliefs from forums & input lag "feel" where there's actual 0 difference in data between them.
- SpecialK is used because of it's absolute best frame limiter & because of "lagless Vsync" feature called LatentSync which uses additional monitor's Vblank to remove tearing. We will also set some swapchain settings like backbuffers & pre-rendered frames so we can be sure that games runs smooth without latency penalties. With DX11 & SpecialK, we also gain drop late frames feature which reduces latency nicely in this game by throwing every pre-rendered frame that game doesn't need.

Last edited:
That is interesting @fiftydinar

I have tested borderless gaming from here https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases which does use DWM but unfortunately, my stutters increased in this way. However, this is by using Intel HD 630, and I haven't tested it on any other hardware, especially with dedicated graphical cards.

For my integrated graphics, I haven't found a better performance solution, than DXVK, but that does utilise DX8 to 9 wrapper and then dx9 translation layer to Vulkan.

That is interesting @fiftydinar

I have tested borderless gaming from here https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases which does use DWM but unfortunately, my stutters increased in this way. However, this is by using Intel HD 630, and I haven't tested it on any other hardware, especially with dedicated graphical cards.

For my integrated graphics, I haven't found a better performance solution, than DXVK, but that does utilise DX8 to 9 wrapper and then dx9 translation layer to Vulkan.
Borderless gaming just grants that window is run in borderless fullscreen but it doesn't guarantee that window is in Independent flip mode like SpecialK does. Your window was probably engaged in Composed Flip, hence your problems with increased stuttering.

Also with SpecialK, BorderlessGaming is not needed as the option for forcing borderless window is avaliable.

DXVK is not bad as an workaround but the problem is the shader cache translation from DX9 to Vulkan which also causes stutters (after those shaders load, there is no stutters related to that).

Also, that still doesn't solve our biggest problem. And that is the Vsync in PES engine that causes those stutters. SpecialK has the ability to force disable Vsync in game even when that option is not avaliable. That's what we needed & we can mitigate tearing with LatentSync instead.

If you want to try it, go to SpecialK Discord server, download test release & go to SpecialK wiki to learn about it. Also search for the terms in Discord server if you don't know what they mean. They're pretty much explained well.

Borderless gaming just grants that window is run in borderless fullscreen but it doesn't guarantee that window is in Independent flip mode like SpecialK does. Your window was probably engaged in Composed Flip, hence your problems with increased stuttering.

Also with SpecialK, BorderlessGaming is not needed as the option for forcing borderless window is avaliable.

DXVK is not bad as an workaround but the problem is the shader cache translation from DX9 to Vulkan which also causes stutters (after those shaders load, there is no stutters related to that).

Also, that still doesn't solve our biggest problem. And that is the Vsync in PES engine that causes those stutters. SpecialK has the ability to force disable Vsync in game even when that option is not avaliable. That's what we needed & we can mitigate tearing with LatentSync instead.

If you want to try it, go to SpecialK Discord server, download test release & go to SpecialK wiki to learn about it. Also search for the terms in Discord server if you don't know what they mean. They're pretty much explained well.
That sounds amazing. Will you do a step-by-step guide for SpecialK soon ?
Its confusing, especially which versions of SpecialK & dgVoodo are required and how to make it work.

Thank you very much. Other things are more important, of course.

But such a video is urgently needed. Setting these up is giving me a serious headache.
I failed miserably, but maybe i'm just too stupid.

Many thanks in advance for your efforts to shed light on the matter.

Last edited:
I tried various solutions from this thread but non were working to get PES6 running without stutter on my PC. Finally I got a working solution which runs very smooth for me.
I like to share my settings to run PES6 on 4K resolution:

For reference, my PC specs are CPU: i7-9700K, GPU: GeForce GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. 60Hz monitor. (Running Windows 11 Pro).
These instructions are for Nvidia GPUs but I think can also apply to the corresponding AMD settings (or for lower screen resulutions!).

1. Set in pes “settings.exe” the Screen Mode to Full Screen. If you have a high resolution screen like me, ignore the resolution setting as we can’t choose 4k here.
  2. To set 4k (or any other high resolution, that is not available in settings.exe), this can be done by kitserver. Edit the kload.cfg file located in the kitserver folder with the following lines:
    • dx.fullscreen.width = 3840
    • dx.fullscreen.height = 2160
    • internal.resolution.width = 3840
    • internal.resolution.height = 2160
  3. Also make sure that speeder is not installed in kitserver because that will mess with the frame rate. when speeder is installed, make sure to set it to 1.0 in the speeder.ini file in kitserver directory.
  4. Set "pes6.exe" to compatibility mode XP SP3 + Run as Administrator
    1.png
  5. Go to NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D setting -> Program Settings: Add pes6.exe if is not already added there. Set “Triple buffering” and “Vertical sync” to ON, Leave everything else default.
    2.png

6. Download this archive from here and extract all files in your PES6 install directory.
That’s it!
Enjoy the butter-smooth gameplay :)

Last edited:
Good morning guys ... I wanted to ask ... in terms of stutter and lag I did a lot of tests with the various dlls ... dgvoodoo and I found the square .. but what I don't understand as soon as I modify the speeder .. that is I decrease .. in game the game does not run smoothly like when I have the speeder set to 1.00 .. do you have a solution or do you know the reason why? game on win 10 ..
Thank you all

Good morning guys ... I wanted to ask ... in terms of stutter and lag I did a lot of tests with the various dlls ... dgvoodoo and I found the square .. but what I don't understand as soon as I modify the speeder .. that is I decrease .. in game the game does not run smoothly like when I have the speeder set to 1.00 .. do you have a solution or do you know the reason why? game on win 10 ..
Thank you all
speeder gives lag when put low

can you tell me settings if you use ddl on which pc do you play which version of microsoft do you use?
I use the dx "wrapper" thing , I use W10 have no idea what version I never updated since 2020 summer , I use Windows Update Mini Tool it basically stops any updates on W10 or you can program your updates , CPU is a modest 3200g quad core , like I said it seems to me on 0,93 lags are less predominant than on 0.97 for ex

I use the dx "wrapper" thing , I use W10 have no idea what version I never updated since 2020 summer , I use Windows Update Mini Tool it basically stops any updates on W10 or you can program your updates , CPU is a modest 3200g quad core , like I said it seems to me on 0,93 lags are less predominant than on 0.97 for ex
hi could you pass me your files so i will check for the last time if i can play smoothly as at speed speeder 1.00 at lower speeder without frame drops thank you very much and ask someone else if they have a solution to this

hi could you pass me your files so i will check for the last time if i can play smoothly as at speed speeder 1.00 at lower speeder without frame drops thank you very much and ask someone else if they have a solution to this
I just use the wrapper on page 2 by fiftydinar plus windows ltsc also disable full screen optimisations for the exe

Hello people!.

I play PES 6 since ever but it always runs very bad, I play in my old pc but anyway it still running at 60 fps but ever with a lot of stuttering and massive input lag even on low/high graphics or with/without kitserver so I tried last week to change the kitserver to 6.8.2 (I was using a very old version) and change the resolution manually and WOW!, the game started to run great, the ball movement feel very smooth and even the gameplay change but sadly that lasted just one day and the next one it started to run bad again with the same settings so I don't know what to do now.

I've tried everything and nothing works, just the kitserver update but as I said it just works for one day and it started to run bad again even without touch any settings at all.

I have laptop with Intel HD5500 integrated graphics card and also struggled with stuttering, which was for some reason more common during 2nd half. Using dgVodoo fix provided on Firebird patch page didn't work. Using D3DOverrider didn't work. Disabling fullscreen optimization did help a bit.
After trying all of that I installed dx8 to dx9 wrapper from this link http://enbdev.com/convertor_dx8_dx9_v0036.htm. Stuttering was gone, but there was some screen tearing. So, instead of using D3DOverrider I went to my graphics properties (you access this by right clicking on desktop), clicked on 3d tab and found an option to force vsync on integrated cards. There are two options: applications setting and driver settings. Pick driver settings. (This might be a bit different if you have different card) The game works flawlessly now.
Hope this helps you with integrated cards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom