PES 6/PES 5/WE9 LE All Stuttering

Gentlemen, forgive me for intruding

I believe I found the solution -- I'm on Win10 with a Geforce, and I have no stuttering or screen tearing

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ovwhkfy7gzs70w/PES5-WE9_Stuttering_%2B_Tearing_Fix.rar/file

This is dgVoodoo 2, a 3dfx wrapper but with also files for DirectX

Extract everything in the PES5/6/WE9/LE folder

Please try it and tell me if it works

Cheers, and sorry again for intruding

@Ciais i want to thank you for this! this is the only solution that works with PES 3 on windows 10. no other similar solution work, just this.

i wanted to ask do we need to change anything inside "dgvoodoo" config file or leave it as it is?

You're welcome :)

I usually only change these 2 lines:
  • ForceVerticalSync = true
  • dgVoodooWatermark = false
Which should already be that way in that archive, don't remember -- anyway, putting the first one to true also forces Vsync, and putting the second to false removes the dgVoodoo watermark on your screen

Hello, I have an amazing solution which solves problems with tearing and stuttering that happens with PES 4/5/6. Some microstutters will occur rarely if you are not using Freesync/Gsync, but i will explain why later. I currently tested it with PES 6 & WE9LE.

1. You need a DX9 Wrapper which works flawlessly and it improves gameplay experience. Also it makes some settings in GPU driver more compatible. This DX9 Wrapper is made by Boris Vorontsov, it was first originally optimized for Half Life 2 but some Argentinian PES 6 fans made some adjustments. It was posted on this forum i think, I only removed watermark that comes with it. If you are wondering why are you getting the green "Temps" text in top left corner in the game, that's because you pressed Shift + Enter button. To disable it, just press that button combination again. To install it, just extract files to main game directory where PES6.exe is located.

Link:
2. Set compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 on PES6.exe file and tick disable fullscreen optimizations in properties for PES6.exe (if you are using Windows 10).

3a. Non Freesync/Gsync monitor method for matching refresh rate/FPS:

If you have a monitor which has more than 60Hz refresh rate (fe. i have 144hz monitor), set refresh rate to 60Hz.
To not do this manually all the time, you can download the program called HotKey Resolution Changer where you can assign shortcuts for up to 9 refresh rate modes. I have Ctrl-1 shortcut for 144Hz and i have Ctrl-2 shortut for 60Hz. Change is applied immediately. So when you want to play game, press Ctrl + 2 and when you finished with the game, press Ctrl + 1. You need to launch the game first time, then close it (Alt + F4). Launch it again for the 2nd time. You need to do this everytime for Enhanced Sync/FastSync to take effect. This is a bug with DX9 Wrapper, I will explain it later. 60Hz monitor users are not affected with this bug because bug is related to refresh rate change. To have this program run at startup, you need to import this Task Scheduler task:

Just click Change User or Group and type your Windows username. Also in Actions tab change file location to the real one as i choose custom file location.

After that, in AMD Radeon Settings enable Enhanced Sync for PES6.exe and for Nvidia enable FastSync.

If you have a 60Hz monitor, you need to be sure that refresh rate is 60.000Hz and not 60.001 Hz or some higher/lower value. To check real refresh rate of the monitor, go to this site: https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate
This site can sometimes be inaccurate, so to be 100% sure that refresh rate is correct, follow the next step.

If you don't have the correct refresh rate, download CRU: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
Open CRU, in Detailed Resolutions window click on 60Hz mode, change timing to Automatic LCD/CRT standard depending on which type of monitor you have and change refresh rate to 60.000Hz. Click OK than exit application. Open restart64.exe (or restart.exe if you are using 32bit system) to restart Display driver and apply changes. Use F8 button for recovery if you are getting the black screen on monitor indicating that Input mode is not supported.

3b. Freesync/Gsync monitor method for matching refresh rate/FPS:

Just enable Freesync/Gsync in driver settings for PES6.exe (or any other PES you want) and you're good to go. Freesync is for AMD, Gsync is for Nvidia.

The conclusion:

- The best method is to use Freesync/Gsync as there will be no tearing and stuttering. With Enhanced Sync/FastSync you will have absolutely no tearing but you will rarely have microstutters because the mentioned technology is designed to allow ocassional stuttering in order to remove tearing. Micro-stuttering happens when you are running below 60fps, but PES 6 rarely goes below that. However, in some cases, i noticed no stuttering whatsoever when playing for a long periods of time. In higher refresh rates/FPS, it's not noticeable, at least in my experience. BTW, you can use non-Freesync/Gsync method if you have a monitor with 60Hz backlight strobing (MBR/ULMB) which offers amazing movement clarity like good old CRT monitors which is not compatible with Freesync/Gsync.

- Disabling fullscreen optimization makes sure that DWM.exe (compositor) is overrided which means that game is running in true fullscreen, which decreases overall game input lag. Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode is set just to be be sure that the game is running as intended because PES 6 was originally released for Windows 2000/XP.

- I forgot to mention D3DOverrider which i used before and it's inferior to these methods i provided. It's a really old program and it is a struggle to make it work in Windows 10. In some Windows 10 versions it launched instantly while in other versions it couldn't launch at all. Even with it set up and working, I had a lot of tearing and it wasn't a big improvement compared to Vsync Off. Not to mention the noticeable increase in input lag. Enhanced Sync/FastSync works better + it has much less input lag. Freesync basicaly adds no input lag (1ms in worst case for some monitors) and works best.

- You can notice micro-stutters occasionally (every minute per say, even with Freesync) without using DX9 Wrapper because Windows 10 has a DX8 bug. If you are using DX9 Wrapper, this issue is solved, however there is some tiny annoyance. When you switch to 60Hz, you will see a lot of stuttering when you launch the game for the first try in 60hz (you can notice it in moving text at the bottom of the main screen), just launch the game for the 2nd time, it will disappear. This is probably the bug with the DX9 Wrapper, it only takes effect on 2nd try when refresh rate is changed. I don't get this issue without DX9 Wrapper (only occassional stuttering which i mentioned before).

- Modders can also implement this in patches as it will improve gameplay experience significantly with this old game (with giving credits to original authors of course).
At Detailed Resolution mine says PC , HDTV , CRT . I have old Synch Master LCD TFT monitor . So what I choose ? PC ?

My screen got blurry text after this new driver so I pressed f8 to go back to stock , did you guys tried this method with the CRU ?

EDIT: I had to choose CRT now quality is normal no blur

Last edited:
Please Help me.
I have a PES 2021 for PC, and it works great.
Without stuttering!

But unfortunately I have a PES6 (patches mod) and it does not work well...
After a few minutes there are stuttering every few minutes.

How does that make sense?
What to do, what to use to fix?
I definitely enjoy this game but it's annoying with the stutter.

Please Help me.
I have a PES 2021 for PC, and it works great.
Without stuttering!

But unfortunately I have a PES6 (patches mod) and it does not work well...
After a few minutes there are stuttering every few minutes.

How does that make sense?
What to do, what to use to fix?
I definitely enjoy this game but it's annoying with the stutter.

You should follow these instructions, here:

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-6-pes-5-we9-le-all-stuttering.76597/page-2#post-3553658

Αdditionally, RESHADE might help you: https://reshade.me/

I believe I found the solution -- I'm on Win10 with a Geforce, and I have no stuttering or screen tearing

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ovwhkfy7gzs70w/PES5-WE9_Stuttering_%2B_Tearing_Fix.rar/file

Do we put these files into the kitserver or just into the main folder?#

sorry for disturb not forum for fifa
my first game 2002 korea japan how work on full hd on windows 10
can help

Hello, I have an amazing solution which solves problems with tearing and stuttering that happens with PES 4/5/6. Some microstutters will occur rarely if you are not using Freesync/Gsync, but i will explain why later. I currently tested it with PES 6 & WE9LE.

1. You need a DX9 Wrapper which works flawlessly and it improves gameplay experience. Also it makes some settings in GPU driver more compatible. This DX9 Wrapper is made by Boris Vorontsov, it was first originally optimized for Half Life 2 but some Argentinian PES 6 fans made some adjustments. It was posted on this forum i think, I only removed watermark that comes with it. If you are wondering why are you getting the green "Temps" text in top left corner in the game, that's because you pressed Shift + Enter button. To disable it, just press that button combination again. To install it, just extract files to main game directory where PES6.exe is located.

Link:
2. Set compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 on PES6.exe file and tick disable fullscreen optimizations in properties for PES6.exe (if you are using Windows 10).

3a. Non Freesync/Gsync monitor method for matching refresh rate/FPS:

If you have a monitor which has more than 60Hz refresh rate (fe. i have 144hz monitor), set refresh rate to 60Hz.
To not do this manually all the time, you can download the program called HotKey Resolution Changer where you can assign shortcuts for up to 9 refresh rate modes. I have Ctrl-1 shortcut for 144Hz and i have Ctrl-2 shortut for 60Hz. Change is applied immediately. So when you want to play game, press Ctrl + 2 and when you finished with the game, press Ctrl + 1. You need to launch the game first time, then close it (Alt + F4). Launch it again for the 2nd time. You need to do this everytime for Enhanced Sync/FastSync to take effect. This is a bug with DX9 Wrapper, I will explain it later. 60Hz monitor users are not affected with this bug because bug is related to refresh rate change. To have this program run at startup, you need to import this Task Scheduler task:

Just click Change User or Group and type your Windows username. Also in Actions tab change file location to the real one as i choose custom file location.

After that, in AMD Radeon Settings enable Enhanced Sync for PES6.exe and for Nvidia enable FastSync.

If you have a 60Hz monitor, you need to be sure that refresh rate is 60.000Hz and not 60.001 Hz or some higher/lower value. To check real refresh rate of the monitor, go to this site: https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate
This site can sometimes be inaccurate, so to be 100% sure that refresh rate is correct, follow the next step.

If you don't have the correct refresh rate, download CRU: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
Open CRU, in Detailed Resolutions window click on 60Hz mode, change timing to Automatic LCD/CRT standard depending on which type of monitor you have and change refresh rate to 60.000Hz. Click OK than exit application. Open restart64.exe (or restart.exe if you are using 32bit system) to restart Display driver and apply changes. Use F8 button for recovery if you are getting the black screen on monitor indicating that Input mode is not supported.

3b. Freesync/Gsync monitor method for matching refresh rate/FPS:

Just enable Freesync/Gsync in driver settings for PES6.exe (or any other PES you want) and you're good to go. Freesync is for AMD, Gsync is for Nvidia.

The conclusion:

- The best method is to use Freesync/Gsync as there will be no tearing and stuttering. With Enhanced Sync/FastSync you will have absolutely no tearing but you will rarely have microstutters because the mentioned technology is designed to allow ocassional stuttering in order to remove tearing. Micro-stuttering happens when you are running below 60fps, but PES 6 rarely goes below that. However, in some cases, i noticed no stuttering whatsoever when playing for a long periods of time. In higher refresh rates/FPS, it's not noticeable, at least in my experience. BTW, you can use non-Freesync/Gsync method if you have a monitor with 60Hz backlight strobing (MBR/ULMB) which offers amazing movement clarity like good old CRT monitors which is not compatible with Freesync/Gsync.

- Disabling fullscreen optimization makes sure that DWM.exe (compositor) is overrided which means that game is running in true fullscreen, which decreases overall game input lag. Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode is set just to be be sure that the game is running as intended because PES 6 was originally released for Windows 2000/XP.

- I forgot to mention D3DOverrider which i used before and it's inferior to these methods i provided. It's a really old program and it is a struggle to make it work in Windows 10. In some Windows 10 versions it launched instantly while in other versions it couldn't launch at all. Even with it set up and working, I had a lot of tearing and it wasn't a big improvement compared to Vsync Off. Not to mention the noticeable increase in input lag. Enhanced Sync/FastSync works better + it has much less input lag. Freesync basicaly adds no input lag (1ms in worst case for some monitors) and works best.

- You can notice micro-stutters occasionally (every minute per say, even with Freesync) without using DX9 Wrapper because Windows 10 has a DX8 bug. If you are using DX9 Wrapper, this issue is solved, however there is some tiny annoyance. When you switch to 60Hz, you will see a lot of stuttering when you launch the game for the first try in 60hz (you can notice it in moving text at the bottom of the main screen), just launch the game for the 2nd time, it will disappear. This is probably the bug with the DX9 Wrapper, it only takes effect on 2nd try when refresh rate is changed. I don't get this issue without DX9 Wrapper (only occassional stuttering which i mentioned before).

- Modders can also implement this in patches as it will improve gameplay experience significantly with this old game (with giving credits to original authors of course).

Hi. After placing the wrapper folder you provided there in the PES 5 directory, the game is very smooth and I have no stuttering whatsoever. However, I now get the ugly screen tearing problem.
I tried enabling FastSync and VSync via the NVIDIA Control Panel, which removes the tearing but the stuttering returns, and I can't use GSync because my TV screen doesn't support it. I also tried D3DOverrider but it does nothing.

Last edited:
Hi. After placing the wrapper folder you provided there in the PES 5 directory, the game is very smooth and I have no stuttering whatsoever. However, I now get the ugly screen tearing problem.
I tried enabling FastSync and VSync via the NVIDIA Control Panel, which removes the tearing but the stuttering returns, and I can't use GSync because my TV screen doesn't support it. I also tried D3DOverrider but it does nothing.

Thanks for trying my solution.

You should not enable Vsync and FastSync at the same time as they are interfering with each other. Try with FastSync only and report what happens.

Cheers.

Thanks for trying my solution.

You should not enable Vsync and FastSync at the same time as they are interfering with each other. Try with FastSync only and report what happens.

Cheers.
I see I put "and" instead of "or", my mistake. I actually tried both, not at the same time and still had some micro stutter.

I see I put "and" instead of "or", my mistake. I actually tried both, not at the same time and still had some micro stutter.

Well, that's FastSync implementation for you. It allows micro-stutters when FPS drops below refresh rate. Sometimes it's not noticeable, sometimes it is. If you happen to own PC which can't handle PES in 60fps consistently, you will notice it more often.

I only tested solution with EnhancedSync as I own AMD GPU, but it also worked for you since you had tearing removed.

My advice is to lower the graphic settings if you have weak PC since that will reduce the effect of micro-stutters.

Best solution would be to have Free sync/Gsync monitor but heh.

Well, that's FastSync implementation for you. It allows micro-stutters when FPS drops below refresh rate. Sometimes it's not noticeable, sometimes it is. If you happen to own PC which can't handle PES in 60fps consistently, you will notice it more often.

I only tested solution with EnhancedSync as I own AMD GPU, but it also worked for you since you had tearing removed.

My advice is to lower the graphic settings if you have weak PC since that will reduce the effect of micro-stutters.

Best solution would be to have Free sync/Gsync monitor but heh.
PC is not a problem, as I have a GTX 1070 card and I5 processor. But I notice that the game is capped at 58fps (with and without vsync) for some reason, maybe that could be related to the issue? I'm playing the PES 5 Original Season patch btw.

Last edited:
PC is not a problem, as I have a GTX 1070 card and I5 processor. But I notice that the game is capped at 58fps (with and without vsync) for some reason, maybe that could be related to the issue? I'm playing the PES 5 Original Season patch btw.

Yup, that's the issue. You maybe use something like RivaTunerStatisticsServer (RTSS)?

Yup, that's the issue. You maybe use something like RivaTunerStatisticsServer (RTSS)?
I use RivaTuner but not the framerate limit feature included there. Even when I open PES 5 with RivaTuner closed, FPS is still capped at 58. I even tried to restore Nvidia Inspector/Control Panel settings to default for PES 5 but still the same. I'll try redownloading and reinstalling, but it's odd since this doesn't happen in the equivalent patch for PES 6.

I use RivaTuner but not the framerate limit feature included there. Even when I open PES 5 with RivaTuner closed, FPS is still capped at 58. I even tried to restore Nvidia Inspector/Control Panel settings to default for PES 5 but still the same. I'll try redownloading and reinstalling, but it's odd since this doesn't happen in the equivalent patch for PES 6.

Weird issue. I ran out of ideas how to help you, sorry.

In case anyone else runs into this issue as well (fps being capped to 58 or 59), I found out it was caused by the "Speeder" tool inside the kitserver folder. Opening the "speeder.cfg" file in kitserver and changing the setting from 0.97 to 1.0 (to default) solved my stuttering issues, and the game is now locked at 60fps and not 58fps like it was before.

In case anyone else runs into this issue as well (fps being capped to 58 or 59), I found out it was caused by the "Speeder" tool inside the kitserver folder. Opening the "speeder.cfg" file in kitserver and changing the setting from 0.97 to 1.0 (to default) solved my stuttering issues, and the game is now locked at 60fps and not 58fps like it was before.

Interesting. Game physics speed is changed when max in-game fps is changed. Similar behavior like on GTA San Andreas for example.

I updated my guide now to add disabling gameplay speed changer. You are credited.

Thanks for sharing, enjoy your game!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! After I installed the firebird patch, I noticed that the game was still having tears (I did my tests by repeatedly starting a friendly Italy-Netherlands at the Anfield stadium with fps ranging from 58 to 54 more less). I saved some dll files in the pes directory, as many of you explained in this thread, and I downloaded and set d3doverrider ... Now starting the friendly at Anfield the gameplay is much more stable and the fps are at 60. But I noticed that if I change the stadium (for example I tried the Atletic Bilbao stadium) the gameplay drops to 50 fps and you can't play. I would like to understand why on some stadiums , my changes are effective while on other stadiums they are not. And I would like to know if it is possible to fix the problem

Mate, will this work for FIFA 16? For some reason, I have sometimes small annoying stuttering/lag. It's like one mili sec but enough to bothers me.

Back
Top Bottom