PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Player individuality is a trademark of the series, and is further enhanced with 11 new skill traits, which sees players known for skills, positional play and shooting style stand out from the rest. This allows gameplay as always take center stage, enabling users to create magical moments on the pitch. Choose to take the direct approach to goal, by dazzling your opponents with the refined dribbling and first touch control. Once there, experience the new shooting mechanics that offers much more variety in shot type and result.

What they forget to mention is the limited AI sucks all the individuality and spontaneity out of the game. Should get a refund under trade description act.

If they are going to fix this they would of already been testing before release

Firstly it was present in the demo
Secondly there is no way they couldn't have known about it and expected the backlash. It was evident have 1 demo game and probably the reason it was so short imo

I've seen the scripting bollocks that is rife in FIFA show itself on PES now I've started a master league. Latest example where my defenders suddenly lose their heads in the closing mins and run into each other two times in a row to allow the opposition striker to score a late equaliser out of nothing. It's so blatant that it's laughable. I've both scored and conceded a few last min goals now and they've all felt like either mine or the AI defenders have gone temporarily brain dead to make sure that a goal happens.

I don't understand why they do it. Do they think people will go off the game if they don't see "excitement" like a late goal every couple of games?

Omg again with the "many voices to be heard and prioritise" excuse. What is there to prioritize?

Everyone and i mean everyone playing offline this year noticed how AI, modes, Master League are subpar, everyone is complaining about that, they received thousands of feedback.

Just tell us this year offline won't be touched because it was never the focus and for once you will be honest.

I will go back to Pes once offline will be the focus again, starting from reintroducing second divisions they removed this year because of "space issues".

Omg again with the "many voices to be heard and prioritise" excuse. What is there to prioritize?

Everyone and i mean everyone playing offline this year noticed how AI, modes, Master League are subpar, everyone is complaining about that, they received thousands of feedback.

Just tell us this year offline won't be touched because it was never the focus and for once you will be honest.

I will go back to Pes once offline will be the focus again, starting from reintroducing second divisions they removed this year because of "space issues".
Konami will never ... ever ... go back to worrying about developing their single player side of the game

The game is on its last legs now...

I read comments on the official pes twitter feed today and even the myClub robots are sick of the game

Pes is bleeding from a large wound now and it makes me so sad ... but it’s what it is and Konami deserve it in a way

Funny reading officialpes twitter - there are a far more replies to Spanish complaints about AI issues. Almost as if they don't want to open the door to everyone who is complaining in English. Especially annoying, is their request for evidence when there have been many videos tweeted at them already. I've got to stop reading it, it's bad for one's mental health.

They all are in reality. They aren't doing this to bring us all joy.
Still a fuckimg scam.
They’ve gone from building a player easily (50-60 games) to VC for everything,this from 2k15 to 2k18
Most gamers are abandoning ship to EA, which probably do exactly the same thing once customers are in

I won't defend Konami becouse issues are evident. I think their real problem is not a small team, not a budget for licences, the real problem is in their stuff. Everyone of us here works and all of us are reaponsible for what we do, if we screw something we are fired. Now imagine if you have factory for producing milk, you place that product overseas and people buy it. The milk is white but instead of taste of the milk it tastes like lemonade. Why? Becouse someone poured lemon taste that was used for other products, of course he will be fired. Same with pes, guys that didn't tested and guys who developed the game this way should be fired not only becouse they screwed the game but also as an example for the others.
Now the other thing, let's be honest... name one game that feels better on the ball than pes 2019? No one! This is the problem, if the game is really really bad all of us will lose interest but we all know how much potential this game has and we hope with every new itteration that potential will find it's way in the game...

Still a fuckimg scam.
They’ve gone from building a player easily (50-60 games) to VC for everything,this from 2k15 to 2k18
Most gamers are abandoning ship to EA, which probably do exactly the same thing once customers are in
Of course they will.
They're all as bad as each other; none of them deserve to be on a higher pedestal than another whilst they're all pushing microtransactions.

Funny reading officialpes twitter - there are a far more replies to Spanish complaints about AI issues. Almost as if they don't want to open the door to everyone who is complaining in English. Especially annoying, is their request for evidence when there have been many videos tweeted at them already. I've got to stop reading it, it's bad for one's mental health.
Im having a great craic on Tweeter now! Absolute demolition! :D

Did you read EA is being treated as a criminal by Belgium because they refused to remove lootboxes (packs) in Fifa 19?

Go Belgium, i hope more countries will adapt the same regulation for Pes, Fifa, NBA 2K and every single sport game out there.

Imagine software houses having to develop actually engaging modes instead of gambling machine like Myclub and FUT.

Now the other thing, let's be honest... name one game that feels better on the ball than pes 2019? No one! This is the problem, if the game is really really bad all of us will lose interest but we all know how much potential this game has and we hope with every new itteration that potential will find it's way in the game
You are right. Absolutely.
But if its not fixed I will gladly swap awesome ball physics for everything else, from presentation, better career mode, stadiums, commentary to atmosphere that is on FIFA.

Any PS4 players want to play full manual team play. We would be playing in a full manual 10v10 league where most teams train most nights against each other.
If your sick of playing assisted scripted football then this is for you.playing like minded full manual players is so refreshing and fun.we haven't got long left to register players before the league starts.if your not sure come and give it try and have a practice with us contact us on here or on my psn:Dillinjadale

Thanks...

You are right. Absolutely.
But if its not fixed I will gladly swap awesome ball physics for everything else, from presentation, better career mode, stadiums, commentary to atmosphere that is on FIFA.
The problem is,once you’ve got used to how this game feels on the ball,it’s a nightmare playing anything else.
I’m ok with my retro games,they feel solid.
But play a few games on Pes 19,then try Fifa 18 and it feels horrible.
Unless Fifa 19 is as responsive and great on the ball ( or close to that) not to mention player movement,is it really an option?
That’s the problem,once you’ll got used to Pes 19 good stuff,most other games feels non organic.
I can see through a lot of other issues,gk glued,shitty ML etc if game play is sorted out

The problem is,once you’ve got used to how this game feels on the ball,it’s a nightmare playing anything else.
I’m ok with my retro games,they feel solid.
But play a few games on Pes 19,then try Fifa 18 and it feels horrible.
Unless Fifa 19 is as responsive and great on the ball ( or close to that) not to mention player movement,is it really an option?
That’s the problem,once you’ll got used to Pes 19 good stuff,most other games feels weird
True. It will be an off topic, so apologies in advance. Pes18 was dreadful IMO. I didnt like it. Got F18. It was tough. Different speed, controls, tricks, passes, flow. But i took my time, watched some youtube videos, played around with sliders, slowed down game speed and at the end I got a very solid game of football.
Desperate times needs desperate measures. but I will argue with anyone who says FIFA is shite and PES is miles ahead. It was. Not anymore.
If PES doesnt care about us, offline players, we will find another game to play.

True. It will be an off topic, so apologies in advance. Pes18 was dreadful IMO. I didnt like it. Got F18. It was tough. Different speed, controls, tricks, passes, flow. But i took my time, watched some youtube videos, played around with sliders, slowed down game speed and at the end I got a very solid game of football.
Desperate times needs desperate measures. but I will argue with anyone who says FIFA is shite and PES is miles ahead. It was. Not anymore.
If PES doesnt care about us, offline players, we will find another game to play.

My issue with FIFA is that it's way too fast even on the slowest setting, I also feel a lot more limited in ways to score but it can play a decent game with sliders I agree.

I think it was FIFA 17 I had an amazing career mode and each game was really enjoyable with the sliders from Operation Sports forum. Win lose or draw I was having an amazing time with it. Then they patched the game and that feeling could never be recreated no matter how much the OS guys worked on the sliders.

Any PS4 players want to play full manual team play. We would be playing in a full manual 10v10 league where most teams train most nights against each other.
If your sick of playing assisted scripted football then this is for you.playing like minded full manual players is so refreshing and fun.we haven't got long left to register players before the league starts.if your not sure come and give it try and have a practice with us contact us on here or on my psn:Dillinjadale

Thanks...

Is this in the States?
Would love to join a league like this.

Yes I agree,I play FIFA on and off from 14 to 18.
And it's really good,no doubt,but I'm disappointed on 17 and 18 no fouls,AI playing drilled passes and attack constantly.
So a good game,but just like pes,the crap floats to the surface quickly.

My issue with FIFA is that it's way too fast even on the slowest setting, I also feel a lot more limited in ways to score but it can play a decent game with sliders I agree.

I think it was FIFA 17 I had an amazing career mode and each game was really enjoyable with the sliders from Operation Sports forum. Win lose or draw I was having an amazing time with it. Then they patched the game and that feeling could never be recreated no matter how much the OS guys worked on the sliders.
Agree man,I had a great time with FIFA 16,then reluctantly bought 17,just prior to 18s release,and I also use OS community sliders.
Had 5-6 fun seasons on 17, especially lower league played great,didn't really care that it didn't have fouls,or the shielding thing.
I've played 1-1,5 season on 18,and it's not a good game,regarding attacks etc from the CPU,and also,no fouls there either.
I hope they fix Pes 19,on ball is so good,fix bugs etc and I'm happy

This is the generation of "if's" for Konami.

But IF they could fix the AI, this would probably be the game I'm most hooked on in a decade.

Love the unpredictability on the ball from my players. Love how hard it is to score. Feeling that my best players in Brondby (my local danish team) is crucial to my success.

But.. It is a if and my reason to believe in Konami is at a all time low. How happy I would be.

13 euros. Glad that it was my price.

Most PL teams in my ML (30 games in) have around 23-25 players in their squad list.
No other league has so few,I mean some do,but this is a whole league.
So I guess the transfer bug is mainly a PL thing?
When looking in licensed leagues, especially turkey,it's full rosters,most others 30

I doubt anyone into basketball, mate, particularly in a football forum.

I be surprised if it's more than 5; my gut feel is just you, me and that other dude.

Just picked up nba 2k19 .My word what a game the presentation and AI ... Konami should be ashamed of themselves
I have to agree with you, The Presentation and AI of PES is super trash compared NBA 2k.

In terms of gameplay on the pitch/court, I'll take PES over NBA 2k anyday.

---------------------
I'm from the Philippines. Everyone knows how to play basketball here. NBA 2k is very popular here.
Football almost doesn't exist here. I never kicked a football my entire life. I mostly play tennis and then basketball.

I mostly played NBA live when I'm in high-school. When the first NBA 2k on Dreamcast came out, I got hooked. I never played Live again. RIP Live.:DD

The thing that made me aware of PES is Now Gamer's top 10 on TV. As far as I can remember, NBA 2k and PES games always the top 2 games in their game rankings.

I tried PES and got hooked immediately. Not sure if it's Pes3 or Pes4 that I started playing Pes.
I played Pes6 untill 2010. Didn't like Pes2008 onwards so I stuck with Pes6.

When I stopped playing Pes since year 2010-2014, I mostly play NBA 2k with my son.
When my love for Pes re-ignited in Pes15, I can't play NBA 2ks anymore.

In NBA 2k games, you can pretty much FORCE the stats of your players. You can pretty much shoot anytime you want. You can pretty much do certain things to make your player average certain stats if you want to.
The game of basketball itself now became boring when teams are more focused on just shooting 3-pointers.

The thing that got me hooked with PES is that you need more CREATIVITY to score a goal(or the opportunity to score). In the past, no goal is the same. Although PES is a lot different now than the PES we've enjoyed in the past, I can still say Pes still have little bit of that element.

But I have to repeat, PRESENTATION and AI still trash on PES. They definitely need to improve/fix those, and a lot of other things.
I'm not sure how long I'll be able to tolerate the other stupid issues in this game.

Last edited:
very funny how all the guys that were on here hyping the demo have gone all quiet, also don't think konami give a shit about fixing the AI issues, cos all there doing is blocking people from all the negative feedback and not giving an update to rectify these issues, great customer service looking after those that bought the game but again not surprised.

Last edited:
Who? me? When I play hard, I don't jump on the forum.
Only those that don't play hard, jump on the forum to chat.
I only have 2 hands and the 2 are on the controller playing PES (and 2K) and not keyboard.

My hands are full, mate.
????? was referring to the ones that played the demo, sorry my mistake ment to write demo not the full game.

Back
Top Bottom