PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

yeah sure... time to create a 3rd kit trailer... i guess the gameplay patches have to wait! :NONO:
anyway... here it is:

edit: after watching it, i guess its weedens work anyway. still... i don't get their priorities! hm... :ROLL:

I can confirm that manual is stat based but here is the difference, there are two ways to pull manual passes. First is to play PA0 which is manual and the second is to hold L2 and pass, shoot or cross. While holding L2 I see stats dissapearing and I thing this should be completly removed from the game and replaced with how PA0 works. So to be clear, with PA0 stats matter :)

It's just such a Konami- thing to then write that PA0 is completely dependent on user input or whatever it says. If this is the way it is surely shooting would have the same setup?

Anyway, tonight I will go bananas in training mode! ;)

It's just me or the fastest players in the game aren't too fast as the stats show in edit mode?

So for example Mbappe or Bailey the can't go faster than the defender

Even if the defender has 75 in sprint most of the time can catch the opponent player in a race run...am i wrong or it's just my point of view?

:)

It's just me or the fastest players in the game aren't too fast as the stats show in edit mode?

Even if the defender has 75 in sprint most of the time can catch the opponent player in a race run...am i wrong or it's just my point of view?

Messi is really slow and Mbappe dont stand out as being much faster than the rest.

Mmm, thats one of those things that hardcore fuma- players tend to forget (again, not you ;)). They often talk about realism but all players being able to shoot (or pass) equally good with both their feet doesn't seem to bother them.

In the end it's still Konamis fault all of this...:SMUG:
I personally don't think fuma is about realism. For me, it's about being in control and more dependent on my input.
PA0 is still assisted but I don't think it's assisted based on stats.
Not really sure how passing/shooting stats affects passing/shooting but I'm leaning toward it almost doesn't matter.
But then , I don't use through-ball or non-L2 lobs/crosses so the effect of stat might be lesser on me.

These are just personal observation with a little bit test here and there, I might be completely off.:DD

Some info

That Bhatti post doesn't sound too encouraging if we are hoping for an offline patch any time soon (or ever)...

Point A translated - we've been using the same engine for 6 years and we still don't know what we're doing! :DD

Point B translated - this doesn't really affect myClub that much so we don't really care

Bet if there was some bug affecting microtransactions it would be fixed within 24 hours. :WHISTLE:

In ML I see many times catch up but I assume it is cause of script.In exhibition may things are better.Still not clear results as script gets in confusion with visible fatigue.
About fatigue I would like to say that I would expect some more dynamic effect I.E. a player with 90 speed and 50% stamina running for 85 and with 25% stamina running for 80.I know that Maybe I have extremely high expectations,but the current fatigue system is still binary and static, just “normal mode” and “tired mode”.

Last edited:
Some info

He's such a condescending prick. The priority should be fixing the AI as it effects everyone who has no interest of playing online. Reading between the lines they are more concerned with those who will continue to invest money in their product over the year. Radio silence on this occasion is more constructive that Adam's appalling customer service.

i want to create animated gifs from the videos i captured on ps4. using shareplay the quality is really bad.
to anyone who is doing ani gifs: how do you do that!? export the video file to pc via usb and then convert into gif?!
sorry for beeing slighty ot. but its for the community... the greater good! ;)

i want to create animated gifs from the videos i captured on ps4. using shareplay the quality is really bad.
to anyone who is doing ani gifs: how do you do that!? export the video file to pc via usb and then convert into gif?!
sorry for beeing slighty ot. but its for the community... the greater good! ;)

Gyphy.com make gifs out of youtube videos or other video sites.

yeah sure... time to create a 3rd kit trailer... i guess the gameplay patches have to wait! :NONO:
anyway... here it is:

edit: after watching it, i guess its weedens work anyway. still... i don't get their priorities! hm... :ROLL:

I dont think Weedens works as a game developer. So this is totally unrelated topic and probably was planned ahead.

Feels like their Speed only triggers when you have a clear breakaway on Goal, unfortunately

I personally don't think fuma is about realism. For me, it's about being in control and more dependent on my input.
PA0 is still assisted but I don't think it's assisted based on stats.
Not really sure how passing/shooting stats affects passing/shooting but I'm leaning toward it almost doesn't matter.
But then , I don't use through-ball or non-L2 lobs/crosses so the effect of stat might be lesser on me.

These are just personal observation with a little bit test here and there, I might be completely off.:DD

Exactly. FuMa is more like controlling almost everything that happens on the pitch. I agree that if u want realism u should play PA1 and adv shooting, that’s what I think is the best in terms of animations

I dont think Weedens works as a game developer. So this is totally unrelated topic and probably was planned ahead.
sure he's not! i wasnt saying that!
the trailer work could be done by weedens for sure. have you ever seen a konami trailer in comparison to weedens konami trailer (dont mind his own)!?

anyway... just "getting" this trailer out now is kind of a slap in the face of the community! at least in my eyes. unnecessary video for a 3rd kit when everyone is waiting for patch news, admitting there are flaws, or just one word of honost communication...!
i dont hate trailer in general... i like them! but getting that particular one out now... typically konami i guess! ^^

Hade a few good games last night,scripting being ok.
But one thing really pissed me off.
Wish I had recorded it,and it a scripting thing,so I'll explain it,and this has occured when playing FIFA too

Passing to my striker who's pretty much standing on the halfway line,having CPU mf/defenders behind him,my striker is having his back turned on them,facing my own GK.
So when I've manage to control the pass,I see my left winger sprinting down their wing,all I have to do is getting a through ball between my markers and my winger is off to the races.
Most of those attempts end up with a very hard pass missing the winger,no matter how much/little power I use.
It's working better on manual than on PA1.
Bugs me that the CPU override my pressing of the button and power of that action.

sure he's not! i wasnt saying that!
the trailer work could be done by weedens for sure. have you ever seen a konami trailer in comparison to weedens konami trailer (dont mind his own)!?

anyway... just "getting" this trailer out now is kind of a slap in the face of the community! at least in my eyes. unnecessary video for a 3rd kit when everyone is waiting for patch news, admitting there are flaws, or just one word of honost communication...!
i dont hate trailer in general... i like them! but getting that particular one out now... typically konami i guess! ^^

Well they cant stop meeting their plans due to some bugs.
We will see how this gameplay patch will play out. Im sure all the feedback was gathered and forwarded to the responsible persons. The PC issues were and they were communicated and to be honest i think thats a realy priority. But we know nothing about the game development department, how many people working on the game etc.

Hade a few good games last night,scripting being ok.
But one thing really pissed me off.
Wish I had recorded it,and it a scripting thing,so I'll explain it,and this has occured when playing FIFA too

Passing to my striker who's pretty much standing on the halfway line,having CPU mf/defenders behind him,my striker is having his back turned on them,facing my own GK.
So when I've manage to control the pass,I see my left winger sprinting down their wing,all I have to do is getting a through ball between my markers and my winger is off to the races.
Most of those attempts end up with a very hard pass missing the winger,no matter how much/little power I use.
It's working better on manual than on PA1.
Bugs me that the CPU override my pressing of the button and power of that action.
give double press of X a try! i got this from a member here, cant remeber from whom! thank you stranger! :)

i use this for a couple of days now. its a nice, much slower, lay off pass. fuma im playing as you know. i use it when i want to lay off a ball for only a meter or two. sometimes the ball rolls that slow, that its coming to a stop. this is a nice way to have a midfielder having a direct smash at the ball outside the pen area!

Well they cant stop meeting their plans due to some bugs.
We will see how this gameplay patch will play out. Im sure all the feedback was gathered and forwarded to the responsible persons. The PC issues were and they were communicated and to be honest i think thats a realy priority. But we know nothing about the game development department, how many people working on the game etc.
ok, i get this. the plan to release the video was done weeks ago. its an agenda kinda thing. got it.
they should follow their plans, agenda!
but then: give answer to the community please!!! not answering or not giving a comment on its own is making the whole situation worse, imo.

For what it's worth I think Adam is right about it not necessarily being an easy fix with regards to the AI. In that PC patch TTB did a video on the problem has just swung in the other direction, where Messi is taking pointless shots on his right foot when there are better options available. For me that is just as game breaking. I highly doubt that the goalkeeper issues can be fixed in a patch, nor the AI refusing to dribble even when through on goal. AI is complex, and if you tweak one thing it can have all kinds of unintended consequences. Consider that the AI in its current state is probably the best they could come up with, just imagine how bad the other iterations must have been before they settled on this one.

For what it's worth I think Adam is right about it not necessarily being an easy fix with regards to the AI. In that PC patch TTB did a video on the problem has just swung in the other direction, where Messi is taking pointless shots on his right foot when there are better options available. For me that is just as game breaking. I highly doubt that the goalkeeper issues can be fixed in a patch, nor the AI refusing to dribble even when through on goal. AI is complex, and if you tweak one thing it can have all kinds of unintended consequences. Consider that the AI in its current state is probably the best they could come up with, just imagine how bad the other iterations must have been before they settled on this one.

It probably isn't an easy fix, but they've chose to release the game in this state. They've had a year to work on and quality control the product. They have a very small and dedicated fan base and this sort of thing alienates them.

Konami haven't even acknowledged that there are issues and continue with their marketing propaganda. The only thing PES has on FIFA is gameplay and even that is now becoming questionable. This latest iteration certainly isn't enjoyable or realistic in its current state.

This sounds like AI won’t be fixed. They will leave it.

Human v human is the best option for this game. Trouble is my mate can’t pop over every time I play pes. Fifa, it’s over to you........
Can you kindly find that original post for me ... I have clicked on previous pages but can’t find it

Back
Top Bottom