PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Rocket-tic!
ezgif.com-optimize_3.gif

I belive they are aware of low crosses. Don`t know if they can do anything about Master League. I don`t understand how some guy was ebla to eliminate some stuff who don`t work at Konami and Adam said that some fixes aren`t easy like someone think it was. We know that they can`t completly change the gameplay but at least reduce this wing attacks by 60~70%

give double press of X a try! i got this from a member here, cant remeber from whom! thank you stranger! :)

i use this for a couple of days now. its a nice, much slower, lay off pass. fuma im playing as you know. i use it when i want to lay off a ball for only a meter or two. sometimes the ball rolls that slow, that its coming to a stop. this is a nice way to have a midfielder having a direct smash at the ball outside the pen area!
Will try it mate.
I'm more pissed off because cpu overrides your action because they want to keep a tight game.
Not a deal-breaker,but annoying if it's 0-0 in the 90th and you see a chance of going fw quick,and the CPU decides your through ball goes 20 meter wide/long.
I'll use your tip though

Sorry, I might be stupid but I'm not exactly sure what you mean...

I was the one using advanced shooting and being yelled at. :D And he thought a was a disgrace to the Community for it (I would assume it had NOTHING to do with the fact i gave him only his sencond loss in about 20 games...)

You did nothing wrong but your opponent is a sore loser. I'm surprised they didn't quit when you equalised or just before the final whistle.

I see nothing wrong with Advanced shooting. I finally understand it now and I used to hate it with a passion. I don't believe it gives you an unfair advantage.

I don't really care if Mbappe' or Harry Kane gets sold in ML for €50 mil instead of a more realistic 70-100.
Don't know how people bother with shit like that,that's the "omg Messi has the wrong haircut" of ML transfers.
But if Kane etc ends up in Getafe or Chievo,that's an issue,or if West ham sells all their players

I don't really care if Mbappe' or Harry Kane gets sold in ML for €50 mil instead of a more realistic 70-100.
Don't know how people bother with shit like that,that's the "omg Messi has the wrong haircut" of ML transfers.
But if Kane etc ends up in Getafe or Chievo,that's an issue,or if West ham sells all their players

On that true Brit video about master league Burnley sell all their defenders bar one but buy 5 keepers.

can anyone comment on your experience with the catch up bug? Passing the ball into space is basically useless, especially on counter attacks since the defenders magically always catch up no matter who they are and even if you are using fast players like Ronaldo, Dybala and Douglas Costa.

can anyone comment on your experience with the catch up bug? Passing the ball into space is basically useless, especially on counter attacks since the defenders magically always catch up no matter who they are and even if you are using fast players like Ronaldo, Dybala and Douglas Costa.

I havent run into this issue. Actually if I'm winning in the game the AI will pressure and try to score but I've had a couple of instances I get them on the counter attack with Aubameyang and can hold off the defenders with speed. I dont know if the bug is still there, but its not as bad as in other years

For what it's worth I think Adam is right about it not necessarily being an easy fix with regards to the AI. In that PC patch TTB did a video on the problem has just swung in the other direction, where Messi is taking pointless shots on his right foot when there are better options available.
Personally, id take AI playing the way they were in TTB video over this crap we have any day.
And if some random bloke can reduce wing cross spam and bring long shots, I honestly dont see how it could be that difficult. Tweak few things, play few games, test it, tweak it again. I mean - we are not asking for much, are we? Its fundamentals of football, that PES already had in previous versions.
Its not like asking EA to master a ball physics. That i would agree - might be difficult. But not this for god sakes.
Anyway, ill be following whats happening here but wont post much. Going for holidays and hopefully when I come back there will be some nice surprise from AI.
Be good yall!

This is turning out the way I thought now..im so bored with it. Every team is the same there is no individuality at all.
Also online, just played a division game and there was clear button lag and I'm of fast fibre. The lad also set up with almost 6 upfront as Liverpool and it was just relentless pressure. He'd had 8 or so shots to my 0. He just seem to react quicker to everything. In the second half I switched to counter and smashing the ball up field, only realistic option I had. I scored on a 1 on 1 lobbing the keeper. He equalised straight away with a tap in. 4 strikers on the line so Couldn't miss. In the 88th I switched to to using manual override pass to breakaway then square ball for faminho to tap home using manual button again. Good to beat a player like that but I did it to prove a point rather than it being enjoyable ..hope FIFAS good as I'm trading in

@Emroth Enjoy your holidays!! Get your mind off of PES for a while. Don’t even awaiting/looking forward to a patch or something.
Let yourself get surprised (good or bad will show in the future)! :)
Take care.
Cheers, pal. One way or another i will have a nice surprise as V2 from pesuniverse is coming out in few days. Bundesliga - here we come! :D

May be it is not about tweaking. The code itself could be limited in output. Like there's no command in a way certain stats should trigger player to look for better position to shoot.. lol..
But didn’t we had all aspects of the game working on a good way?!
Shame is: they only put one or two aspects (gameplay features) in a years version of the game.
Thing is: they need to implement it all together in one game!!!

Edit: so, by you saying output might be the prob, maybe the code can’t handle all the features working together (on one game)!
Edit2: still can’t make a good nickname out of OPTIMIST and PES yet! :D PESsimist Is easy. ;)

After a flying header goal and the longest shot that's gone in for me so far, I am pretty happy with a manual passing / basic shooting combo for now. Another funny thing happened in that match though, I was playing ML as Parma against AC Milan, and around 70 minutes there was a cutscene where Bonaventura was limping a bit. He kept going though, but on minute 74 there was another scene where he was sitting down, obviously done for.
Pretty nice touch I thought, but then there was the problem - they didn't replace him. He went off injured, text on top of the screen confirmed that, but they finished the match with 3 unused subs.

If Konami were hoping for myClub users to spend more real money than think the new featured players wont help them with this. You only need 100 gold coins to bag a featured player. Already I have a 86 GK, 96 AMF and 97 Messi without spending a penny. You can easily get 100 coins in a week by logging into MyClub every day, on top of the 50 coins you get for completing each task in My Records. In playing FUT for past few years I have never been able to afford Messi!

Personally, id take AI playing the way they were in TTB video over this crap we have any day.
And if some random bloke can reduce wing cross spam and bring long shots, I honestly dont see how it could be that difficult. Tweak few things, play few games, test it, tweak it again. I mean - we are not asking for much, are we? Its fundamentals of football, that PES already had in previous versions.
Its not like asking EA to master a ball physics. That i would agree - might be difficult. But not this for god sakes.
Anyway, ill be following whats happening here but wont post much. Going for holidays and hopefully when I come back there will be some nice surprise from AI.
Be good yall!

The thing I don't get is that they've been working on this game over a period of 25 years. I beggars belief that this is the culmination of 25 years development. They had better AI 10-15 years ago - wtf are they doing?

And as someone who plays mostly fixed cursor/BAL mode, it's not the low crossing and lack of long shots that stands out to me - it's the utterly atrocious team-mate AI - they just don't defend at all and are useless in attack and have such little awareness of where the ball is far too much of the time. mfmaxpower made a few videos earlier in this thread highlighting similar garbage in normal 1-player mode. I genuinely think this is the worst AI they've ever published.

I've stopped playing it and gone back to PES18, which feels like a breath of fresh air in comparison, in the hope they publish a fix. Playing it as it currently is just makes me hate it.

On that true Brit video about master league Burnley sell all their defenders bar one but buy 5 keepers.
Ha ha,that's fucking insane.
I had a similar thing when doing a player career on fifa 15 or 16.
The AI manager at Sunderland sold both Pickford and Man one,and played half a season with the third keeper (54 ovr)
Yeah that's messed up,don't care if values are off,but this...

Just picked up nba 2k19 .My word what a game the presentation and AI ... Konami should be ashamed of themselves
You mean that 2k19 is released?
Let's hope the 2k18 virtual currency scam is gone!
Did the math last year.
To be able to have a 87-90 rated player you'd have to spend 200-250 000 vc.
And getting around 5-900 each game,well it takes 200-300 games for that.
Sneakers/haircuts/etc also costs VC.
Not arguing on the looks and how it plays, amazing!
But 2k is a horrible company

You can choose the filter for teams with same level. You can make a 2* or 3* team and play mc, without all these superstar teams. Also, you can set the passing to PA1 and avoid the all the time tiki-taka situations. Try it.

Ill try to use the filter, but sometimes they put Messi and others on the line up and players with 40-50 overall on the bench for lowering the level hahahaha. Thanks anyway

Yea bro .... You living under a rock .I don't play much online so I'm good .2k a horrible cpany you basing that because of the micro transactions .Anyways on topic at least they don't publish a half baked game like konami

I scored twice yesterday in the same game,quick flick on through the CB and my Higuain had a few meters and sprinted 10-15 without being caught,same scenario with Biglia on the second goal.

I didn't experience much of it on 17 or 18,maybe because I play with 0 game speed.
Everything under 0 dumbs a lot of movements down

You mean that 2k19 is released?
Let's hope the 2k18 virtual currency scam is gone!
Did the math last year.
To be able to have a 87-90 rated player you'd have to spend 200-250 000 vc.
And getting around 5-900 each game,well it takes 200-300 games for that.
Sneakers/haircuts/etc also costs VC.
Not arguing on the looks and how it plays, amazing!
But 2k is a horrible company
They all are in reality. They aren't doing this to bring us all joy.

After a flying header goal and the longest shot that's gone in for me so far, I am pretty happy with a manual passing / basic shooting combo for now. Another funny thing happened in that match though, I was playing ML as Parma against AC Milan, and around 70 minutes there was a cutscene where Bonaventura was limping a bit. He kept going though, but on minute 74 there was another scene where he was sitting down, obviously done for.
Pretty nice touch I thought, but then there was the problem - they didn't replace him. He went off injured, text on top of the screen confirmed that, but they finished the match with 3 unused subs.

The offline ai/master league seems to be an unfinished mess. Glad I have short legs but long pockets!
Reading between the lines: I think that pes, as a physical product, and single player experience is on its last legs. Sad, but true. Pes has turned into Fifa - but without the sales figures.

I wont pretend to have a clue how patching and tweaking games works. But I would imagine it was simply adjusting the numbers slightly to give certain scenarios/actions better probability of happening. Which is why i think it wouldn be that difficult to tweak. Without sounding ignorant, that patch TTB was playing shows it can be done. BUT, any patch needs proper testing first. please

I think Bhatti's post about some fixes not being that easy is relating to the transfers in ML. I think there may be a way of toning down clubs selling their stars off like Leicester do, but i wouldnt expect anything to be fixed re. things like de bruyne being sold to Valencia for 15m and like Firmino and Salah being sold in one window

I think the AI fixes are easier to implement. And i would expect to see some in the next patch, but sod all for ML transfers

Back
Top Bottom