PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

That's where i am this year.... I want the most modern, i start with PES 2020. I get mad with the awareness and dull AI,i jump to 2019. I get mad with the dull AI but in an other way, more monotonus, i jump to 2018. I get mad with the spacing and no-collisions-fouls issue, i jump to 2017. I get mad with the OP headers (IMHO i find them OP, but just me) and the limited editing possibilities, i jump back to 2020.
You and me both (except I do that with PES and FIFA, and end up going through 10-15 games every 3-6 months, before starting the cycle again).

I think it's a mental illness. I'm serious. I can't just play, and enjoy, a video game. My brain won't let me when it sees something stupid - and then I force myself to replay all of them, "just in-case" the 100th time I try, I realise I've been doing something wrong and suddenly love the game.

Maybe the Twitter trolls who've said "if you want real football, go and play real football" for years were right all along...

On PES 2019m specifically, i started a ML with Santa Clara last month, continued to Tondella, i loved LIGA NOS due to 2019, nice presentation, although half-arsed, it is far better than the generic PES leagues.

What i can't stand is the frantic pace some matches have, they become total RODEO! Take your eyes from the screen for a moment and you get lost 0-3!!! Also if you stay full focused and try-hard, the Belenenses and Guimaraes of that world , sometimes start some crazy tiki-takas, that makes me want to through the dual-shock on the screen.

You and me both (except I do that with PES and FIFA, and end up going through 10-15 games every 3-6 months, before starting the cycle again).

I think it's a mental illness. I'm serious. I can't just play, and enjoy, a video game. My brain won't let me when it sees something stupid - and then I force myself to replay all of them, "just in-case" the 100th time I try, I realise I've been doing something wrong and suddenly love the game.

Maybe the Twitter trolls who've said "if you want real football, go and play real football" for years were right all along...
I am on the same boat. My biggest fear when i end a playing session, is to ask myself "why did i play this, time waste".

I am still on the idea that we are not the crazy here, all games have some flaws, either intentionally implemented* or because of developers capability.

Let's take the example of TONDELA here, i start my 2019 ML full of love and good intention. Belenenses starts tiki-taka lasser passing and scores 3 goals by this. I ignore it and move on, cause of IE, the good ball physics, good lightning, old control settings etc. Next match Rio Ave, again tiki-taka, high corner goal. Ok it maybe a coincidense. Third match Fereirnse. Starting from the point they could not make 3 succesfull passes, they reach to linking some word class tiki-taka, with backheels, one touch no look passes, world class controls from 40 meters lobbed passes.

From a point and after, whatever love you have in the start, it starts getting exhausting, you must try to love the game. When you start "trying to love" the game, for me a change is needed.

What only saves me, is due to family time, i can only play 1 or 2 hours every second or even third day. If i would play them every day, i would need a big pause for sure.

*by intentionally implemented , i mean to create the need to buy the next chapter

Last edited:
To conclude it more simply. Playing footy games, is a hobby, but a different need from play the real sports. We that do not feel accomplished with the games, but keep playing and criticising the games flaws, are type of "heroes".

For me such players are those who try to make it worth, not those who play every modern games and then jump blindly in the new one, avoiding any criticism. At least that's how i see "healthy mentality". And the cliche question, "If you dont like it, dont play it" does not apply to me.
I AM PLAYING IT, cause i paid for it first of all, cause i have rights as a consumer, not only obligations and cause obviously, since i am involved in playing it, i can see some good parts, i just MOAN to erase the bad parts, or bring back parts that were removed without any reason! If i did not liked it at all, like FRONTNITE for example, i would not ever bother to buy/rent/download/play it, from the beggining.

Finally about the trolls. Two months ago i was in a PESreddit topic, complaining about something. MY BIGGEST SIN was that i misread the title and i thought it was about Master League, while it was about Myclub, IIRC it was something about "MyCluB legend rewards for a bug in Master LEague". I thought that the thread starter, felt offended like me, cause the reward of a bug in ML was a Legend for Myclub. Despite this and screw me, the meaning of the thread was for MyClub players to join and discuss what Legend they spinned in the roullete. I realised it a little bit late, after 2-3 posts and replies of mine. In the meantime, i was downvoted to oblivion, for the first time got downvoted in my fresh reddit history, for saying that " IF you want to give MC players some legends, give them 1,000 of them, no problem for me, just don't confuse the ML issues with MC rewards."

The aftermath, except for the obvious downvotes was, some called me moaner, whinner, boomer, kiddo etc.. The best of all was , that guy who called me "grow up kiddo", when i told him i am grown up enough to even be his father (if i started sex intercourse on 13 though :P ), he replied to me " Told ya grow up, no grow old"!!!!! it was the highlight for me. And since i understood the topic was not about offended ML players, but for MC players to discuss their gumbling results from free spins, i retrieved like a ninja from the discussion, and i was even close togive my apology for consufing ML with MC. :P

I mean, if this is the mainstream mentality now, pardon me but i prefer to stay "wierd" !! :)

To conclude it more simply. Playing footy games, is a hobby, but a different need from play the real sports. We that do not feel accomplished with the games, but keep playing and criticising the games flaws, are type of "heroes".

For me such players are those who try to make it worth, not those who play every modern games and then jump blindly in the new one, avoiding any criticism. At least that's how i see "healthy mentality". And the cliche question, "If you dont like it, dont play it" does not apply to me.
I AM PLAYING IT, cause i paid for it first of all, cause i have rights as a consumer, not only obligations and cause obviously, since i am involved in playing it, i can see some good parts, i just MOAN to erase the bad parts, or bring back parts that were removed without any reason! If i did not liked it at all, like FRONTNITE for example, i would not ever bother to buy/rent/download/play it, from the beggining.

Finally about the trolls. Two months ago i was in a PESreddit topic, complaining about something. MY BIGGEST SIN was that i misread the title and i thought it was about Master League, while it was about Myclub, IIRC it was something about "MyCluB legend rewards for a bug in Master LEague". I thought that the thread starter, felt offended like me, cause the reward of a bug in ML was a Legend for Myclub. Despite this and screw me, the meaning of the thread was for MyClub players to join and discuss what Legend they spinned in the roullete. I realised it a little bit late, after 2-3 posts and replies of mine. In the meantime, i was downvoted to oblivion, for the first time got downvoted in my fresh reddit history, for saying that " IF you want to give MC players some legends, give them 1,000 of them, no problem for me, just don't confuse the ML issues with MC rewards."

The aftermath, except for the obvious downvotes was, some called me moaner, whinner, boomer, kiddo etc.. The best of all was , that guy who called me "grow up kiddo", when i told him i am grown up enough to even be his father (if i started sex intercourse on 13 though :P ), he replied to me " Told ya grow up, no grow old"!!!!! it was the highlight for me. And since i understood the topic was not about offended ML players, but for MC players to discuss their gumbling results from free spins, i retrieved like a ninja from the discussion, and i was even close togive my apology for consufing ML with MC. :P

I mean, if this is the mainstream mentality now, pardon me but i prefer to stay "wierd" !! :)
Cheesed off with the total mess that is now pes 21 after updates I've picked up Pes 19 for dirt cheap. Anybody still play this.. just wondering whether it plays best from vanilla or updated version?

I’m playing this again. Really enjoying it despite it’s flaws.

much better game than PES 2020 and 2021. Really wish it had Serie B though :(

I actually got 2021 finally for 6 bucks. about to install it and checked my play times of PES and saw 19 had a bunch of hours. I remember really liking it. Did you keep playing it this month? Actually thinking of giving it a go with some modified dts to see how it runs. I dont have any PES installed right now (besides 13). I for some reason found '20 dull. I wish I could rememebr which Inca Dt was just so amazing

Edit. Installed it instead of 21. To my surprise I had very enjoyable games. First vanilla and then with supernova dt. Not bad at all, actually want to play more tomorrow to keep testing.

Last edited:
I just......AI is terrible at defending in 2019, I can't find a way to make 2019 sustainable for me. Too easy to score up to top player and then on superstar teammate AI cannot defend. The experience just isn't a sustainable one.

I actually got 2021 finally for 6 bucks. about to install it and checked my play times of PES and saw 19 had a bunch of hours. I remember really liking it. Did you keep playing it this month? Actually thinking of giving it a go with some modified dts to see how it runs. I dont have any PES installed right now (besides 13). I for some reason found '20 dull. I wish I could rememebr which Inca Dt was just so amazing

Edit. Installed it instead of 21. To my surprise I had very enjoyable games. First vanilla and then with supernova dt. Not bad at all, actually want to play more tomorrow to keep testing.
I did play a Milan save in master league for a while mate, it’s a pretty good game. But like most PES games I just get bored quite easily due to the lack of stuff to do in master league - I find that it’s just playing matches. I never get injuries and obviously we never get players asking for more game time etc.

I think I’m really bored with PES in general these days, which is quite sad as it was my video game of choice as a younger man.

I just......AI is terrible at defending in 2019, I can't find a way to make 2019 sustainable for me. Too easy to score up to top player and then on superstar teammate AI cannot defend. The experience just isn't a sustainable one.
Played both 2019 and 2018 these days.Master League save on both.
Every PES obviously has its ups and downs. But where i really touch the softspot is the AI.
Both games ,i dominate on TP and on Superstar i initialy dominate, only for the CPU to enter berserk-cynical mode and score 5 goals in 5 chances, it is madness.

The sad part is, on 2018 they do seem stoppable,it is the lack of physical game and fouls that makes it hard.

Here in 2019 when they relentless go for the low cross and shoot top corner, there is nothing you can do on Superstar,even super-cancel does not help.

Of course those are old news, by i wanted to enjoy the better response, awareness, and lighting this game has. Really shame.i can't see ny learning curve here, only pure "videogaming-push a wall -use exploits" mentally.

I mean Superstar and Legend level for sure, are two levels that seem to be programmed by/for psychopaths.

At least give me some hope any one, that by increasing TS or getting better, that the game becomes playable,on Superstar at least....gi!me some hope people:)

I really wish someone proves me that the game is ok (console) and that the only thing needed is to improve myself. That i suck. So i can put some effort to become better.

Isn't this the one where the AI only does low crosses? I sometimes forget which AI flaw ruins each game in the series. 😅
After the last patches it is not ONLy low crosses, as it was in the early DataPacks. I mean you will not see a CPU player beimg in 1on1 position with the GK, and cut outside to a winger for a low cross, at leasr as often as in early stages.

There is still a high tendency though, in low crosses.

But when the CPU wants to score no matter what, than 9 of 10 times they go for a low cross.

19 did a lot of good things. But the bad just seems to outweigh the good when playing fixed cursor.

Honestly this game more than any makes me wish this game had sliders

Something that looks much better about this game, are the animations, the graphics and the lighting at general. I do not know, they all look more crystal clear than 2020-2021, where when there is a lot of action on screen, i find there is a lot ghosting, saturated colors and blurring effect.

Here, same settings, 1080p, same TV screen, but i find it looks much better. The animations are less in numbers, for example the defensive body to body shielding animations, but look more crispy and clear too.

Not sure, maybe it's only me.
Edit: playing in PS4. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: H_G
Something that looks much better about this game, are the animations, the graphics and the lighting at general. I do not know, they all look more crystal clear than 2020-2021, where when there is a lot of action on screen, i find there is a lot ghosting, saturated colors and blurring effect.

Here, same settings, 1080p, same TV screen, but i find it looks much better. The animations are less in numbers, for example the defensive body to body shielding animations, but look more crispy and clear too.

Not sure, maybe it's only me.
Edit: playing in PS4. :)
Don't think there's anything that looks better on Pes 20/21 Vs 19.
They must be using a different lightning system ,just like how good NBA 2k14 looked/looks Vs 15/16/17/18/19 and probably even 20 +21 on old gen.

Same thing with FIFA 17 Vs 18/19(especially 19) and 20/21.

Animations looks much more life-like Vs Pes 20/21 ,players fall down when tackled or when losing balance ,don't really see that on newer Pes.
Even think GK animations are better here.

I have was really stunned my first game back playing at Olimpico Vs Lazio ,looked incredible ,even better atmosphere as well

Back
Top Bottom