PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

can anyone comment on your experience with the catch up bug? Passing the ball into space is basically useless, especially on counter attacks since the defenders magically always catch up no matter who they are and even if you are using fast players like Ronaldo, Dybala and Douglas Costa.

What I do is - when possible - receiving the ball with double tap R2 already and keep on double tapping R2.
Also when possible I don´t try changing the running direction as this slows you down because of that strange animation...the player does a strange slow step, which is quite stupid.
Worked quite well for me with fast players.

I won't defend Konami becouse issues are evident. I think their real problem is not a small team, not a budget for licences, the real problem is in their stuff. Everyone of us here works and all of us are reaponsible for what we do, if we screw something we are fired. Now imagine if you have factory for producing milk, you place that product overseas and people buy it. The milk is white but instead of taste of the milk it tastes like lemonade. Why? Becouse someone poured lemon taste that was used for other products, of course he will be fired. Same with pes, guys that didn't tested and guys who developed the game this way should be fired not only becouse they screwed the game but also as an example for the others.
Now the other thing, let's be honest... name one game that feels better on the ball than pes 2019? No one! This is the problem, if the game is really really bad all of us will lose interest but we all know how much potential this game has and we hope with every new itteration that potential will find it's way in the game...

Your are right and that´s the thing. KONAMI is to be criticised for way too many things - no doubt.
I adapt myself with manual passing and using several mods (cam mod, gameplay mod, OF´s etc).
Off the pitch there is so much that´s not right. On the pitch there are issues either but in general the gameplay is damn good and that´s the dilemma.
Sometimes I wish, the gameplay was completely broken like ugly animations, bad ball physics etc. so I could just completely turn my back to this company and keep laughing about their game and PR and everything.
But it´s not the case and a big factor is that I´m a fan since PES 3.
I had a lot of fun with these games, as they almost everytime nailed the gameplay to some extent.

@xPJRx - man - you should send it to every possible Konami related fella you can find on social media.

Some of the things you mentioned, like stadiums being filled when winning or empty when loosing, control of finances, indepth edit mode, injuries with medics on the pitch, far play gestures when players were injured, pre-season friendlies - I remember them all, but sometimes I wondered did we actually had all of this and was it not just some mad dream... because there was absolute no logical reason to remove all of this...

the thing is ... we all know Adam doesnt actually spend time playing the game and looking for any flaws.

He's paid and told to put his tacky PES baseball cap on, silly PES t-shirt ... and say "It's best football game ever come and buy it guys."

He's sold his soul ... he sold out. I used to talk to him waaaaay back in the day on WENB. He's always been up his own arse but so what, lots of people are ... I'm quite arrogant myself.

BUT he has turned into Used Car Salesman....he'll lie and lie and lie to sell the game.

And people fall for it ... it's immoral and WRONG.

sorry pal but if the consumer base are allegedly fans of the game they saw what was coming and STILL they preorder. they are STUPID.

sorry if that offends a lot of you but just think about that.

Edit ....or plain naive/definition of true noob.

Edit ... the learning point here. DO NOT PREORDER PES 2020, FFS.

Last edited:
@xPJRx - man - you should send it to every possible Konami related fella you can find on social media.

Some of the things you mentioned, like stadiums being filled when winning or empty when loosing, control of finances, indepth edit mode, injuries with medics on the pitch, far play gestures when players were injured, pre-season friendlies - I remember them all, but sometimes I wondered did we actually had all of this and was it not just some mad dream... because there was absolute no logical reason to remove all of this...

Pointless mate, Konami don't listen, don't care and would just block me for being 'abusive' :D
I'm just surprised, and saddened that a team of developers can work on something for a year or more, then have absolutely zero pride in the end product they put out, surely if you spend years of your life working on something, its out of passion? And you'd have some invested interest in your audience appreciating your work and commending it? Seems not with Konami.

And Q&A testing to them is simply 'invite brown nosers to a few play test days, let them play each other all day long, so its like MyClub, and ignore the offline side totally'.

Wouldn't be surprised to see PES 2020 be an online only game. no single player modes.

I´d like to try the FIFA demo.
But I don´t think I will.

Been playing a bit of FIFA 18 with a few friends a couple of weeks ago and even there are some cool aspects in the gameplay, I just can´t get over those player animations.
It´s all too fast and hectic and doesn´t feel natural to me.

I wonder how I loved playing FIFA 15 and 16...PES 2015 and 2016 must have pissed me off big time :P

sorry pal but if the consumer base are allegedly fans of the game they saw what was coming and STILL they preorder. they are STUPID.

sorry if that offends a lot of you but just think about that.

Edit ....or plain naive/definition of true noob.
We're not stupid...we're naive!!

You're right to an extent but ... this doesn't excuse people like Adam Bhatti blatantly LYING about the game's features!!!!!

We're not stupid...we're naive!!

You're right to an extent but ... this doesn't excuse people like Adam Bhatti blatantly LYING about the game's features!!!!!

Naivety is excusable. But some of you guys posting here claim to be longtime players yet sound like you didn't see this coming.

Bhatti pulled off lies back in 2016 with the Anniversary Edition contracts - I preordered PES 2016 Anniversary Edition and after that i LEARNT NEVER to preorder PES again ... and I never did.

Konami pulled it off again in 2018 with a demo gameplay that changed in the full version

This forum seems to be full of sensible folks. Yet, if these sensible folks aren't going to be sensible enough not to preorder based on hype and false demos, THEN PES gaming is going in the wrong direction for sure.

And all you guys shouting - I'm going to Fifa - you are cheating yourself again with false hope.

You wait until the product drops; you wait for reviews; then you buy - its what we used to do in the old days.

wake up.

Naivety is excusable. But some of you guys posting here claim to be longtime players yet sound like you didn't see this coming.

Bhatti pulled off lies back in 2016 with the Anniversary Edition contracts - I preordered PES 2016 Anniversary Edition and after that i LEARNT NEVER to preorder PES again ... and I never did.

Konami pulled it off again in 2018 with a demo gameplay that changed in the full version

This forum seems to be full of sensible folks. Yet, if these sensible folks aren't going to be sensible enough not to preorder based on hype and false demos, THEN PES gaming is going in the wrong direction for sure.

And all you guys shouting - I'm going to Fifa - you are cheating yourself again with false hope.

You wait until the product drops; you wait for reviews; then you buy - its what we used to do in the old days.

wake up.
I find your posts a little offensive tbh...

I will buy what I want, when I want ... and as a consumer, I can moan about product or service if its not to a good standard

I always 'go to FIFA' as you put it .... I always buy both games

But last time I buy PES...hope that pleases you :)

wake up.

I agree. So trying Fifa demo is smart no? Wont be a pre order for that either.

I've given up. Ive sent my final message to Officialpes, told them to get rid of that useless pair, Bhatti and Asim and I've blocked them. Wont be purchasing from them again. Their blatant ignorance and constant tweets over MyClub have sent me over the edge. Enough is enough.

But it's not Bhatti and Tanvir that make mistakes, they are there just to take criticism, abuse, etc. You should contact dev team itself if you really wanted to give the guilt to someone or much more simple, don't buy it.

Stop impulse buying Pes, please.

Last edited:
I find your posts a little offensive tbh...

I will buy what I want, when I want ... and as a consumer, I can moan about product or service if its not to a good standard

I always 'go to FIFA' as you put it .... I always buy both games

But last time I buy PES...hope that pleases you :)
Thats the thing. We buy, we pay, we demand quality. If quality is not good enough - we have every right to give out and demand fixes. Its like buying new car or anything else. If its not good enough and require fixes - we go back to the garage and demand it.

Difference is - back in the day we could just scream to the mirror. Nowadays we can make enough noise on social media to actually hurt them on next year sales.

Yes, I was naive. Yes, they fooled me. 5mins demo was a great cover up. Bugs were not that obvious. Besides, after 2/3 games i just spent the rest of the time online as I couldnt stand 5mins offline.

That doesnt change anything. If I go for a short test drive on a new car and buy it, just to notice some problems further on - that still means they will have to fix the damn thing.
And it doesnt matter if I bought Ford before and it was crap. New Ford still has obligation to deliver.

Again, nothing changed from the demo to final code. The AI issues and all of the other things you are complaining about you could see those in demo too, if you played it for real, hammering it, instead of just being in awe of the smoothness or pitch texture.

I posted that Colo Colo goal that represents everything that is wrong with Pes 2019 final game AI (low rated teams playing like Barca, quick precise passing, playing down the flank, double low pass to the center, backheel and goal) and that was already in the demo.

Demo warned you, but you didn't want to listen and proceeded to still buy the game. This is what is wrong with Pesfans (including me). Too hopeful that it's just a demo, it will be fixed in final game and that never happens.

Besides, do you remember when old Ps2 Pes were released what was our reaction? We were frustrated, we didn't like it, the new gameplay improvements beauty didn't show itself until you really understood the new way to play it.

With the latest Pes it's the other way around: everyone impressed at first and disappointed by two weeks, more you play the game. Do you understand why?

Because Pes right now it's too shallow, every year its gameplay is a variation of the latest year one, but it has nothing that brings it to the next level. If i had to compare the last few Pes in gameplay i would say that since Pes 2015 we had so little improvements it seems like every Pes plays roughly the same.

The moment we will be back to discovering new things and appreciating the gameplay even after one month after release, that will be the year we will appreciate that Konami really improved the gameplay.

P.s. I still remember reading the first impressions from people on evo web complaining about winning eleven 9 and how it was trash, by playing just a few matches.

Fast forward two weeks and everyone was in awe at the depth that was non apparent at first, but showed itself only after mastering it. That is the real essence of Pes that is lacking nowadays. Play one week with Pes 2019 and you are already bored with it, because there is nothing new to discover.

Last edited:
Again, nothing changed from the demo to final code. The AI issues and all of the other things you are complaining about you could see those in demo too, if you played it for real, hammering it, instead of just being in awe of the smoothness or pitch texture.

I posted that Colo Colo goal that represents everything that is wrong with Pes 2019 final game AI (low rated teams playing like Barca, quick precise passing, playing down the flank, double low pass to the center, backheel and goal) and that was already in the demo.

Demo warned you, but you didn't want to listen and proceeded to still buy the game. This is what is wrong with Pesfans (including me). Too hopeful that it's just a demo, it will be fixed in final game and that never happens.

Besides, do you remember when old Ps2 Pes were released what was our reaction? We were frustrated, we didn't like it, the new gameplay improvements beauty didn't show itself until you really understood the new way to play it.

With the latest Pes it's the other way around: everyone impressed at first and disappointed by two weeks, more you play the game. Do you understand why?

Because Pes right now it's too shallow, every year its gameplay is a variation of the latest year one, but it has nothing that brings it to the next level. If i had to compare the last few Pes in gameplay i would say that since Pes 2015 we had so little improvements it seems like every Pes plays roughly the same.

The moment we will be back to discovering new things and appreciating the gameplay even after one month after release, that will be the year we will appreciate that Konami really improved the gameplay.

P.s. I still remember reading the first impressions from people on evo web complaining about winning eleven 9 and how it was trash, by playing just a few matches.

Fast forward two weeks and everyone was in awe at the depth that was non apparent at first, but showed itself only after mastering it. That is the real essence of Pes that is lacking nowadays. Play one week with Pes 2019 and you are already bored with it, because there is nothing new to discover.

it changed completley from beta mind you.

it changed completley from beta mind you.

Pes 2019 didn't have a public beta though and we just have some people saying it was more balanced in passing but at this point it could be based on the excitement of those brief early playtests.

Much better comparison is between demo and final game.

Have you noticed that this year in ps4 they are messing a lot with DAtapack without dlc.Now we are in DAtapack 1.02. Last year it happened only in the last DAtapack 4.0 where after a dlc Fix release it was DAtapack 4.01.It was the first time they do staff like this,I wonder what’s the reason?
Usually it was do 1.0 and after the first dlc it was going to 2.0 ,3.0 etc.

Now I'm so glad konami removed the Italian and Spanish second division so I decided not to buy this game, saved me money and frustration.
Another fecking thing they covered up and I've learned about it few days before release, when I already had game, usb and pesuniverse membership paid. Paint me stupid. Dont care. Still demand quality.
Oh and one more thing on that "naive" approach. I didnt expect transfers to be fixed. Didnt expect ML to be in-depth and full of cool features. I knew it will all be crap.

But I also didnt expect fundamentals of AI broken. And this has to be fixed.

Pes 2019 didn't have a public beta though and we just have some people saying it was more balanced in passing but at this point it could be based on the excitement of those brief early playtests.

Much better comparison is between demo and final game.
I meant 2018. I have not purchased 2019 so not sure how it is compared to demo.

I like 19 demo. just cant be arsed with scripted online games.

Back
Top Bottom