PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Just tweeted this to those goddamn imbeciles.

"@officialpes @Lygaard @AsimTanvir @Adam_Bhatti sorry, not going to sugar coat. #PES2019 is a broken mess. AI is poor. Keepers glued to their lines absolutely ruins the game. It leads to very cheap goals online. I'm sure you all already know about the low cross spamming too."

You must be new here, expecting to get answer from those lads.

"@officialpes @Lygaard @AsimTanvir @Adam_Bhatti sorry, not going to sugar coat. #PES2019 is a broken mess. AI is poor. Keepers glued to their lines absolutely ruins the game. It leads to very cheap goals online. I'm sure you all already know about the low cross spamming too."

He he he I sent to them too + Konami EU and UK about keepers glued to the line. Nobody answer me.

Last edited:
I've sent messages and videos. I think they are under strict instructions not to respond. It happens every year...hype hype hype..release...silence

I've sent messages and videos. I think they are under strict instructions not to respond. It happens every year...hype hype hype..release...silence

Of course, then it's the same old story with Bhatti and Tanvir .. this is my personal account, i will no longer post anything related PES from here.

Then there's another $h1t about how he (they) explain they're a fan too and wanting the best for the game yadda yadda yiddi.

Then there's another $h1t about how both Bhatti and Tanvir always work really hard .. went to office early morning and finish always late, for what? for the love of the game ... yadda yadda yiddi.

I know them way too well that I probably should apply as their Personal Assistant or perhaps their wife.

I'm sorry for the people who bought the game but the flaws were already apparent with demo. Quite a few people, including myself, pointed them out. Unfortunately a lot of people were unwilling to see them. Because of past heights a lot of still want to believe in Konami being capable of pulling of a great game. It's a subconscious or willful process that is one of the reasons they can always rely upon the oldtimers buying the game.
I read about a lot of people being done with the game already and so forth...Well, that's bad for you. Konami don't care, they already got your money. Next year most regulars will buy it again anyway and say 'oh once they fix issues X and Y next year, it'll be a great game!!!'. It's rinse and repeat on a yearly basis.

It's a shame, with a decent AI this game would have been pretty great on the pitch. As usual, it's a woulda, coulda, shoulda - wonderland. You have to wonder whether there's any type of Quality Assurance on Konami's behalf. Last year's AI was terrible (high throughball spamming, no fouls at all) and instead of improving it in PES 2019 the AI is a complete catastrophe. Kudos!

Glad I didn't buy it after the demo's tremendous AI issues and their announcements concerning Italian Serie B (italian ML was one of the few things Konami had going for themselves). I'd rather spend my limited gaming time with Madden, Spiderman and Red Dead Redemption once that hits the shelf. FIFA will probably be good out of the box but be patched to death - as always - to appease the idiotic FUT crowd. FIFA 18 was pretty good early on but at the end it was an utter, utter mess.

Last edited:
So if I'm at the "down" side and I cross the ball to the "up" side, I need to move the analog stick "up" (the ball is going that way) or "down" (because player is going *to* the ball)?

Sorry if I didn't explained myself, it's difficult haha.
hahahha :D I know that maybe it`s little confusing but I will try to explain again. Your winger attack from down on the screen so you need to hold analog stick up to make the cross. Right after you release cross button push the analog stick down becouse from that side ball is aproaching your player, hold it down and right before player made the contact aim with analog stick where you want to shoot and just tap the shoot button. It takes little practice but it makes sense. I hope I am clear and that I help you and the others :)

Ok, I want your opinion guys.

I play Online divisions mostly and with Manual passing but with Adv shooting since Manual headers seems broken (I know people say you need practice but something is really OFF), R2- shooting is impossible (for me at least) and of course the fact that almost every player can release a thunderbolt with manual shooting.

Add that low shooting from outside the box doesn't seem to work and you have a setting that make you crippled (and it seems to be more varied animations for shooting when using Advanced). FUMA- players take such pride in that they do everything themselves and that is fine but when the game itself doesn't ALLOW you to do everything that you can on a football field it isn't really the PERFECT setting right?

Anyway, this guy Online got really angry last night when I beat him. I was this assisted idiot that didn't respect the community (lol), he was gonna tell the whole manual scene about me (LOL) and whatnot. I tried to give him the reason above but it was like talking to a wall. And I was to tired too try to convince him I'm acctually much better with manual shooting than Advanced that I haven't got the grip of at all really but whatever.

In the end this is of course Konamis fault (as usual) in many ways but what is the general opinion about this? Am I the asshat or is he? ;) How do you go about online (not MyClub/friendly lobbies)?

Last edited:

No offense mate, but in a tone like that you might never get an answer. I´m not talking about your first sentence (however these guys can read here as well), but with naming it as a broken mess (not saying that you´re not right) in the beginning they might stop reading the rest.
I think the only way to approach them is to bring out calm friendly statements and point out the issues the game has :) .

Advanced shooting, the story goes on:
Me hoping that power bar would compensate the movement of the stick (maximum forward for height), I spent another 30 minutes on the training ground.
Unfortunately I wasn´t right. For high shots you really have to aim with the stick and don´t push it forward to the maximum, even the power bar is only slightly loaded. The shot will go high anyway.

I switched back and forth between manual, basic and advanced shooting, but there is no solution for hard low shots for manual and basic.
:l1: + double :circle: is an option but it´s just the same as tapping the shoot button slightly.
Sometimes the shot goes quite hard but mostly it´s not as hard as it is with advanced shooting.
I tested that with a player of 84 kicking power and he always had space and a good body position.
But the shots never came as hard as in advanced shooting.

I´ll stick on it for now and try to get the hang of it. Thought of leaving it and stick to manual shooting but those low shots are just too good to abstain from it.

I play Online divisions mostly and with Manual passing but with Adv shooting since Manual headers seems broken (I know people say you need practice but something is really OFF), R2- shooting is impossible (for me at least) and of course the fact that almost every player can release a thunderbolt with manual shooting.

Add that low shooting from outside the box doesn't seem to work and you have a setting that make you crippled (and it seems to be more varied animations for shooting when using Advanced). FUMA- players take such pride in that they do everything themselves and that is fine but when the game itself doesn't ALLOW you to do everything that you can on a football field it isn't really the PERFECT setting right?

Anyway, this guy Online got really angry last night when I beat him. I was this assisted idiot that didn't respect the community (lol), he was gonna tell the whole manual scene about me (LOL) and whatnot. I tried to give him the reason above but it was like talking to a wall. And I was to tired to try to convince him I'm acctually much better with manual shooting than Advanced that I haven't got the grip of at all really but whatever.

In the end this is of course Konamis fault (as usual) in many ways but what is the general opinion about this? Am I the asshat or is he? ;) How do you go about online (not MyClub/friendly lobbies)?

I feel you.
That´s the problem with the missing shot type filter. On the other hand, if this was in, you probably might never find an opponent.
What I did was the following:
Kept the shot type on advanced. When my opponent takes a shot and it´s assisted, I keep my setting.
But when I see that he uses manual, the next moment I can pause the game, I set mine to manual either.
That´s not the best solution, as one time I already scored on advanced shooting before knowing that he uses manual shooting ( :P ) but as soon as I saw his yellow power bar, I paused and switched.

It´s a little issue, but since there is no shot type filter, people can choose what they want.

Last edited:

Anyway, this guy Online got really angry last night when I beat him. I was this assisted idiot that didn't respect the community (lol), he was gonna tell the whole manual scene about me (LOL) and whatnot. I tried to give him the reason above but it was like talking to a wall. And I was to tired to try to convince him I'm acctually much better with manual shooting than Advanced that I haven't got the grip of at all really but whatever.

In the end this is of course Konamis fault (as usual) in many ways but what is the general opinion about this? Am I the asshat or is he? ;) How do you go about online (not MyClub/friendly lobbies)

Unfortunately, advanced shooting is assisted!
Of course if I'm a Fuma player and I fought you, you have an advantage over me in some situations. The margin for error is just very different. It's almost like you're in "basic shooting" but with more options.
If you'll try to convince me that you're actually better in "manual", I will not care about your reason. What I care about is that we both use "manual/fuma settings".

That's just me! I just want every settings equal between me and the opponent.
Of course, I can't force you to have the same settings as me but I'm not happy either.:DD

I feel you.
That´s the problem with ther missing shot type filter. On the other hand, if this was in, you probably might never find an opponent.
What I did was the following:
Kept the shot type on advanced. When my opponent takes a shot and it´s assisted, I keep my setting.
But when I see that he uses manual, the next moment I can puase the game, I set mine to manual either.
That´s not the best solution, as one time I already scored on advanced shooting before knowing that he uses manual shooting ( :P ) but as soon as I saw his yellow power bar, I paused and switched.

It´s a little issue, but since there is no shot type filter, people can choose what they want.

That is a ok workaround but really just highlight the incompetence of Konami even more. But good advice mate! :)

Last edited:
I'm really close to quit MyClub. Everyone has the best players, and the matches became a simple game for who runs more and does more "1 touch" passes.

So f* annoying. And it is sad, because the beggining it was so cool, KONAMI broke MyClub with this featured players.

You can choose the filter for teams with same level. You can make a 2* or 3* team and play mc, without all these superstar teams. Also, you can set the passing to PA1 and avoid the all the time tiki-taka situations. Try it.

Unfortunately, advanced shooting is assisted!
Of course if I'm a Fuma player and I fought you, you have an advantage over me in some situations. The margin for error is just very different. It's almost like you're in "basic shooting" but with more options.
If you'll try to convince me that you're actually better in "manual", I will not care about your reason. What I care about is that we both use "manual/fuma settings".

That's just me! I just want every settings equal between me and the opponent.
Of course, I can't force you to have the same settings as me but I'm not happy either.:DD

I don't expect someone to be happy but at the same time it's a damn game. A win will give you some virtual Points in a ranking system that doesn't mean anything in the end. Why not just have fun? It's the superior tone FUMA- players have that are so annoying (NOT you man, in general ;))). Also, why go after Another player, go after Konami with criticism.

But don't you find it weird as a FUMA- player that heading is off, R2- shooting as well, Cattermole and Ronaldo can release incredible shots with the same ease, low shooting from outside the box can't be done? Doesn't knowing that take away some of the feeling? Or do you master heading/R2/low shooting perhaps, in that case, give me pointers! :D

I don't expect someone to be happy but at the same time it's a damn game. A win will give you some virtual Points in a ranking system that doesn't mean anything in the end. Why not just have fun? It's the superior tone FUMA- players have that are so annoying (NOT you man, in general ;))). Also, why go after Another player, go after Konami with criticism.

But don't you find it weird as a FUMA- player that heading is off, R2- shooting as well, Cattermole and Ronaldo can release incredible shots with the same ease, low shooting from outside the box can't be done? Doesn't knowing that take away some of the feeling? Or do you master heading/R2/low shooting perhaps, in that case, give me pointers! :D

Heading and R2 can be done, but not just with everyone. I scored a beauty on training with R2 using David Silva; and s great header after a corner with Canales playing online vs another FuMa player. But it’s true that it is indeed very difficult to execute this.

Low shooting is not as good as it is in Adv. Shooting, but well, more or less you can do them too. Maybe not that low but still not that high shot.

Heading and R2 can be done, but not just with everyone. I scored a beauty on training with R2 using David Silva; and s great header after a corner with Canales playing online vs another FuMa player. But it’s true that it is indeed very difficult to execute this.

Low shooting is not as good as it is in Adv. Shooting, but well, more or less you can do them too. Maybe not that low but still not that high shot.

So you are saying that stats matter for manual shooting as well in PES 2019? Because I remember going in to training mode for PES 2018 and first trying over and over to use R2- shooting with Martin Kelly (he has kicking Power 70 and finishing 60) and then Ronaldo (94/95) with the same result, near impossible to execute. You say this is changed?

Just tweeted this to officialpes :

It's really embarrassing. This problem was easily solved on the PC. The community fixed this issue. And then a big company like Konami has not done anything about this. It's really embarrassing. This game has long been dead.

@walex19 you see any difference to the 2 comments above!? ;)
as @chiefrocka4real said, the tone, man...!
i really like your effort and i get your intention!! we have to raise our voices... but in a civil manner and maybe a little "sneaky"!

this PC mod v2 (TTB video) really makes me believe (again) this problem can be solved or at least massivly toned down!

so tonight i have 2 friends over to play PES2019 (they'll play first time).
i was thinking of a random selection tournament! will be fun, i'm sure! :D

is VERSUS mode really locked to 10 min matches?!
konami might did this to ensure its all fair in comparison and such... but i would like to play 20 min matches in that mode!

@walex19 you see any difference to the 2 comments above!? ;)
as @chiefrocka4real said, the tone, man...!
i really like your effort and i get your intention!! we have to raise our voices... but in a civil manner and maybe a little "sneaky"!

this PC mod v2 (TTB video) really makes me believe (again) this problem can be solved or at least massivly toned down!

He is a customer who has spent his hard earned money on a broken product.

His tone could be MUCH MUCH worse.

Not that it matters because Adam and the team ignore you no matter the tone un less you are drowning them with praise which they don't deserve.

Not that it matters because Adam and the team ignore you no matter the tone un less you are drowning them with praise which they don't deserve.

That is the real problem. People think that because they spent money on to something they can say whatever they want in whatever form.

So you are saying that stats matter for manual shooting as well in PES 2019? Because I remember going in to training mode for PES 2018 and first trying over and over to use R2- shooting with Martin Kelly (he has kicking Power 70 and finishing 60) and then Ronaldo (94/95) with the same result, near impossible to execute. You say this is changed?

I think they do, as passing stats. They are not that important as in assisted, but yeah I think they do. It’s not the same trying a pass game with Leeds United in ML with 60 Team Spirit vs passing game with Spain on training ground.

yeah! he can also do a naked dance in front of konami HQ! it doesnt get him and us anywhere!

i'm still in the boat that, no matter how they reply or not at all, i'll be polite and civil even if i'm angry about something (this works in the real world pretty good too)!
;)

but what would the world be without people beeing different, he!? ;)
greets!

Not being happy doesn't mean I'm sad/angry, it just meant that I wish my opponent have the same control settings as me.:))
In my previous post, I was just trying to be in the shoes of your opponent.
I'm trying to figure out why he is mad. So maybe he's mad because you have an "advantage" in shooting.
Although the advantage can work both ways, maybe he is just expecting an opponent to be a Fuma player just like him. Maybe, he thought you're using fuma settings too since you chose a PA0 filter. Maybe, it's an unwritten rule or something. haha
Maybe, a shooting filter might solve the issue but might make match-making harder.

I played PA0 and basic shooting on Pes2018. My regular human opponent have same settings too. It's nice because we use the same settings. So, I'm not about being Fuma or not, in my previous post. I'm just about having the fair/same settings.

In Pes2019, I started using "manual" shooting. Was happy with it compared to "basic or advanced" but I'm fully aware of the limitations.
Was really disappointed with the manual headers. Don't know how to be consistent at that.
R2 shooting is fine with me(but limited). I know you think R2 shooting is broken. I think I've responded once and told you that I think it's not broken, it just works differently than normal shooting. After that, you've posted again a few times that R2 is broken. I didn't respond anymore and push what I think about it because I also respect your opinion that it might actually be broken.
On low shooting(with power), not sure if it's even possible on manual.
I know you're not really looking for pointers but I just want to say what I think anyway.:DD

Lastly, I really don't play other game modes aside from training, exhibition and online friendly against my cousin.
When I play offline, I don't aim to win. I just play to execute some fun team plays and score fun goals.
When I play against a cousin, I try to balance winning and having fun. Because I also think it's not fun to play with someone who's not even trying to win.

I know it's just a game and it's about having fun.
To me, having a fair match is fun. Unfortunately, because of the limitations in the game, having a fully fair match(in terms of control settings) is not always possible.

Last edited:
Of course, then it's the same old story with Bhatti and Tanvir .. this is my personal account, i will no longer post anything related PES from here.

Then there's another $h1t about how he (they) explain they're a fan too and wanting the best for the game yadda yadda yiddi.

Then there's another $h1t about how both Bhatti and Tanvir always work really hard .. went to office early morning and finish always late, for what? for the love of the game ... yadda yadda yiddi.

I know them way too well that I probably should apply as their Personal Assistant or perhaps their wife.

Simply put what they should say and won't is, yes the AI is broken i'd like to change it too, however our masters in Japan are already creating PES2020 so simply do not have the time to fix.
This is what is going on we all know that they won't release a patch, if they were to they would already say they're working on it (like the so-called Monster Patch last year)

Bittersweet feeling right now

I am currently on 16 game winning streak(previously had 24) online on the demo, i really want to play as new squads but the feedback is online results are scripted online

So so frustrating :(

The guy(s) behind the PTE Patch (PC) just made a fantastic point on Twitter.

Remember the PES 2019 Master League screenshots released back in July, where Liverpool's entire front-line were playing for (and top-scorers for) different clubs in season one?

ml010ub1c.jpg

Remember that the tweet (from @officialpes) was quickly deleted, and replaced with this one, where we were assured this was the "correct" screenshot? (Click the link, look at the language.)

NPOrhWk.png

Yeah, the "updated" screenshot was definitely photoshopped to hide the fact that transfers are still absolute dogshit though, wasn't it?

I know the manager here is a human manager - but the fact is they're aware this isn't what we want to see... Evidenced by the fact that they then photoshopped the image - and then reassured us that transfers are fixed. Knowing that they're not. I mean, this is blatant, guys.

Given the comments over the last few pages about Konami hearing and responding to our Master League transfer complaints, and claiming fixes... This is just evidence-tampering. Plain and simple.

I'm really shocked.
I'm shocked too!
Wow, their "credibility" rating just dropped to a C!
I'm surprised that this hasn't caused more of a stink, but maybe that says a lot about Konami's credibility with some people in general.

Simply put what they should say and won't is, yes the AI is broken i'd like to change it too, however our masters in Japan are already creating PES2020 so simply do not have the time to fix.
This is what is going on we all know that they won't release a patch, if they were to they would already say they're working on it (like the so-called Monster Patch last year)
would be a let down but at least it would be honest! all this "in the shadows" PR communication is one of the big konami flaws besides ingame ones!

@Elanimator played a friend last night, fuma 20 min., and had the most beautiful R2 shot in PES2019 ever!! layed off by burgstaller with the head at the penalty box, Harit takes the drop kick R2 shot to the upper right side of the goal. he caught Neuer on the wrong foot and it looked so lovely when it went into the goal! had to replay this beauty over and over again till my friends got piXXed about it... :D
i'll working on them...!

Back
Top Bottom