PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

It's definitely an improvement, but that Messi goal - he acts pretty strangely before he hits it, if you ask me. As he receives the ball (beating the nearest defender and getting in-front of him) he turns sideways to face away from the goal, when there's plenty of space between himself and the last defender he could run into (to get closer to goal) - then sort of shuffles a bit before he hits the shot.

Definitely an improvement - but all I'm saying is, no community mod can TRULY fix the AI. It's got much deeper problems than that and IMO, the only people who will truly be able to make the game better is the developers. Whether they will patch it based on feedback remains to be seen.

To me it looks like he is shielding it... intentionally he turns back because of the pressure, then uses his body to prevent any tackle coming in. One thing that I dont see is the AI wanting to get the ball out of their feet when dribbling, its all very tight and twisty, which is OK in some situations but at the same time you want them to exploit the space like you say.

I cant comment too much as I dont have the full game, ive relied on opinions of trusted people and videos to back up their evidence. Everything up until this point as put me off the game, but that video has shown me that there is alot of potential there. Is it a false dawn? Maybe, I know there is alot of other stuff that will, can and could pop up... BUT that game shown by True Brits looked like a fun game to play in and if I could get that experience 7 out of 10 games, it would be value for money to me.

I sound like a broken record every year but here goes. The online experience for PES 2019 is an utter disgrace. One in ten games plays well, the others are all button delayed, slow reaction of players and bad frame rate disasters. When you use Ronaldo and he turns like a 5 ton truck you know it's a big issue. I guess it's time to start playing NBA2k again. What a mess! FIX THE DAMN SERVERS KONAMI!

Does anyone know if triple A rating means that you will only get paired with others using PA1 for example and that the search width increases if you lose rating (meaning that you get paired with PA2 etc). I get the feeling I play quite a few PA2 people in Divisions (it takes such a long time getting AAA btw, I have never dsc).
If you have the time to explain settings and /or connection level 1-5 I think it is,what and how all that works.
Would appreciate it.
No rush,drop a DM when you can mate

You have to forget about fix keepers in Pes 2019. They will never do it via DLC. Maybe, maybe in Pes 2020. Do you remember how long we wait to fix keppers? I know how long. Since 2008 to 2015/16. Forget about it.

Am i the only one that find player movement more free and smooth in 2018?In 2019 i feel i am more on rails to move forward to the fields and the most close control aninations from last year, moving only with L stick are gone.Even with L stick+R2,the player only turns towards the opponent goalpost or does a dragback move or an old school sidestep.
I dont compare the two games in otger aspects only moving and close control.2018 seems free (not as a bird).2019 seems that when you turn with the ball the player is like snapping frames.
As everybody says that game is more loose this year i am starting feeling crazy!

Yes, for me, ball control is missing animations, compared to 18. Even demo had a higher variety of touches.

Probably doesn't help that the body shielding is so much thinner than demo or 18 either.

I had a really great game as Chelsea v Napoli......until the last 5 mins where I came from 2-1 down to win 3-2. The winning goals were joyless thanks to Opsina routed to his line where the ball was 70/30 in his favour.
After I went 3-2 up the AI just tried to attack down the flanks and when they couldn’t get crosses in they just passed it to my full backs.
Konami really need to fix these 2 major issues.
I did score a beauty with Morata to go one up , Curler in bottom right hand corner.

I sound like a broken record every year but here goes. The online experience for PES 2019 is an utter disgrace. One in ten games plays well, the others are all button delayed, slow reaction of players and bad frame rate disasters. When you use Ronaldo and he turns like a 5 ton truck you know it's a big issue. I guess it's time to start playing NBA2k again. What a mess! FIX THE DAMN SERVERS KONAMI!
For me it’s the opposite, since several years. I have made much better online experiences in this regard, especially compared to FIFA.

I had blast this afternoon trying to recreate games from Europe Nations League while waiting for pesuniverse v2. To be clear ai needs patching fullstop! But I trying to close the wings and force them to play more direct and had awesome moments ai even score 2 goals from shots outside the box, it will be much better if we can't predict how ai will play so it will be really difficult but fun.
I found how to score manual headers :D The whole thing is, after you release cross button you have to immediately hold the analog stick in way the ball is coming to you and just before player make the contact to change direction to where you want to shoot and just tap shoot button. It's difficult but it works if the cross was right! I scored low and high headers which were powerfull, even Kante nailed some of them. Why the hell Konami doesn't release some tutorial for this??? They don't know how to sell their product! I will say it again... it's strange how little this game need to be best ever on the pitch but in the same time is far from that...

Last edited:

I've actually had a decent experience with online so far, this is Konami we're talking king about & they're online has always been shambolic in this series, this is probably the best it's been performance wise & I can see myself spending alot of time online this year if it stays stable.

All I can say is I ran the PES 2019 demo yesterday after a couple weeks off.

There was hype and expectation and great matchmaking that came with the demo.

Now that has worn off you will see that 2018 is a superior game to 2019.

Until PES 2019 gets a full fix with full leagues, 2018 is a better game than 2019.

I play FUMA and am enjoying my time vs COM without worries about lag cheating or unable to find opponent.

I guess it comes down to preference. I couldn't enjoy 2018 at all. All the backheel passes, AI positioning and the lobbed thru ball in '18, I found most of the games soulless. Yes both games have issues but I do see things that make for me '19 a bit more enjoyable than '18. I'm on PC where Im trying to mitigate the wing play with modded files, but I am finding more enjoyment in this year's edition. When you say full leagues do you mean Option files / patches?

I had blast this afternoon trying to recreate games from Europe Nations League while waiting for pesuniverse v2. To be clear ai needs patching fullstop! But I trying to close the wings and force them to play more direct and had awesome moments ai even score 2 goals from shots outside the box, it will be much better if we can't predict how ai will play so it will be really difficult but fun.
I found how to score manual headers :D The whole thing is, after you release cross button you have to immediately hold the analog stick in way the ball is coming to you and just before player make the contact to change direction to where you want to shoot and just tap shoot button. It's difficult but it works if the cross was right! I scored low and high headers which were powerfull, even Kante nailed some of them. Why the hell Konami doesn't release some tutorial for this??? They don't know how to sell their product! I will say it again... it's strange how little this game need to be best ever on the pitch but in the same time is far from that...

So if I'm at the "down" side and I cross the ball to the "up" side, I need to move the analog stick "up" (the ball is going that way) or "down" (because player is going *to* the ball)?

Sorry if I didn't explained myself, it's difficult haha.

Can You show me on screens exactly problem with keepers about glued to their line and how properlly keeper should stand. Thanks on advance. Somebody put here some examples on screens but i cant find it.
This is my example I have an AI one too when through on goal about 8 yards out it stops and goes wide..ansoluteky ludicrous

I guess it comes down to preference. I couldn't enjoy 2018 at all. All the backheel passes, AI positioning and the lobbed thru ball in '18, I found most of the games soulless. Yes both games have issues but I do see things that make for me '19 a bit more enjoyable than '18. I'm on PC where Im trying to mitigate the wing play with modded files, but I am finding more enjoyment in this year's edition. When you say full leagues do you mean Option files / patches?

I saw enough in the demo to make me think "yeh this feels BETTER than 2018" BUT the issues reported about 2019 + lack of D2 leagues makes it an inferior product to 2018 AT THE MOMENT.

HOWEVER, 2018 also has flaws - the more I play vs COM the more I'm seeing this pattern of attackers backing off and then that attack where you know they will score 5 moves before they do. Plus now I see the inevitable 90th min goal AI scores if you lose possession in the dying minutes. When you start to see patterns, the game is no longer authentic for me.

Since MyCLub was introduced it takes me a year to uncover this MyClub fog - of course I use to think the "fog" was an door to a greater game. Hell no.

PS by "full leagues" I mean FULL D1 and D2s of Europe. I'm talking full leagues out of the box. how they released teh game without these and then throw in the login issues on PC. Pure comedy.

PS2 Possibly I need to use Swarm the box in the dying minutes to counter the attack. i'll keep at it cos I just bagged LUCAS MOURA!!!!

PS3 ....And LAMELA!!!!

PS4 lost 2-0 :(

Last edited:
Does anyone know if triple A rating means that you will only get paired with others using PA1 for example and that the search width increases if you lose rating (meaning that you get paired with PA2 etc). I get the feeling I play quite a few PA2 people in Divisions (it takes such a long time getting AAA btw, I have never dsc).

Triple A rating just means you have a great connection and you don't disconnect very often and that you are likely to be matched with others in that rating class. It does not mean you will be paired with others who play with PA1. They have a filter for that which says Passing Assistance, which when selected to "similar to yours" setting, should yield to matching you with others who play PA1, but it doesn't. Shocking to be honest. It's been like this for a while online.

Last edited:
I'm really close to quit MyClub. Everyone has the best players, and the matches became a simple game for who runs more and does more "1 touch" passes.

So f* annoying. And it is sad, because the beggining it was so cool, KONAMI broke MyClub with this featured players.

If they don't then it's clear they don't give a hoot about us. When some random guy can fix a years worth of work in 2 weeks is embarrassing for them

They still haven't acknowledged anything is wrong either, no word on patches which means guys like myself on consoles are screwed.

I'm really close to quit MyClub. Everyone has the best players, and the matches became a simple game for who runs more and does more "1 touch" passes.

So f* annoying. And it is sad, because the beggining it was so cool, KONAMI broke MyClub with this featured players.

So many of you seem so passionate about PES but something keeps baffling me.

I thought this when I was on pesfan too.

Why do I seem to be alone in my thoughts and the ideas I bring?

Ideas like going full manual, prospective cheater threads.

I'm going to tell you my idea relevant to your complaint

PES 2018 - an established game still with online capability
NEW MyClub account
No form updates
0/0/0 offline games
GP only accrued from games played and login bonuses
Full manual
Matchmake on the forum

I won't say it again because most of you don't care or are sleeping hard on the game you seek.

This isn't my life's agenda so take it or leave it. (And "leave it" it shall be)

Its all possible! :)
Min. 15:50 !! Check it out!!

Let’s pray Konami will do it!!
It's really embarrassing. This problem was easily solved on the PC. The community fixed this issue. And then a big company like Konami has not done anything about this. It's really embarrassing. This game has long been dead.

Had a few games were it all clicked again (low cross etc still pain in the ass)
But being on the ball etc is very good.
Shooting feels fresh ( Vs 16-17-18)
One thing being really good is the refs,giving advantages when being fouled,not just for a second or two,much better than before.
Fix the Cpu attacks and I'm a very happy player.
I can really see through the rest of they fix that

So many of you seem so passionate about PES but something keeps baffling me.

I thought this when I was on pesfan too.

Why do I seem to be alone in my thoughts and the ideas I bring?

Ideas like going full manual, prospective cheater threads.

I'm going to tell you my idea relevant to your complaint

PES 2018 - an established game still with online capability
NEW MyClub account
No form updates
0/0/0 offline games
GP only accrued from games played and login bonuses
Full manual
Matchmake on the forum

I won't say it again because most of you don't care or are sleeping hard on the game you seek.

This isn't my life's agenda so take it or leave it. (And "leave it" it shall be)

Hey calm down haha
I have ideas like yours, for example, i play full manual, no matter if it is myclub, divisions, offline, etc. What upsets me is that those new "features" for my club broke the game, because everyone plays the same way and the game doesnt "allow" you to have fun against these guys, because its almost impossible to stop them and attack without get counter by messi running like a beast...

I will try play Divisions mode, hope it is more "balanced" and fair than MC.

Back
Top Bottom