PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Im gonna delete my Option file and put it all on at once.
Do I put Bundesliga on separate and tick the bottom two boxes?
Ive downloaded them all again but done the Championship in 1024 this time.
Thanks
ok, you can start from scratch for sure. delete the EDIT DATA file on ps4 or delete all imported kits (L 'n S).
put all files on the stick (WEPES folder) and tick them all. in detailed settings tick the last 2 boxes (just to be sure).
thing is: it might get stuck on batch importing with to many files. i had no problem with EPL, EFL and LaLiga in one instance. did not try all OF's in one instance yet.
same here: CC in 1024 and the rest in 2048.

any further questions... feel free to ask! :)

Thx for your reply.
I just watched the PEs 2019 advanced shot tutorial on youtube and I might give it another go.
I think my mistake was: loading up the shooting bar to the maximum and trying to aim with the stick (diagonally in a corner). Now with the full power bar and stick maximum forward diagonally, of course the ball will fly too high.

But if I fill up the shot bar, like half only and aim with the stick full forward diagonally, it shouldn´t get up that high, isn´t it?
At least it was shown like that in those tutorial vids.
I´ll give it another go and check.
Yes, I believe player and ball momentum is enough to create a lot of power. Power bar SHOULDN'T go up to the max.
Having said that - im still learning myself.
I've also noticed (or maybe its just my imagination) that there is a grey area between low and high shot to the corner. If you aim your stick lower towards bottom, shots will go half way up towards the middle. But that could also be power of my shot. Havent really figure it out just yet.

I've posted this here before, but that was advance shot:

@chiefrocka4real sorry, I meant SHOULDN'T up there. :D shouldnt go up to max.

Last edited:
Had some really busy days and been off PES for a bit. Still played a couple of matches last night, and checked out P01 because I quite liked it in the demo. I have to say though, I saw some apparitions of PA1 from earlier PES games where AI felt that the game overrode my input and passed the ball in a different direction. So I will be sticking with manual passing. Still a lot of playing left to see which shooting method I will settle on. I like the advanced shooting but can't get a handle on headers.

I like the advanced shooting but can't get a handle on headers.
Did you try aiming them same way you aim low shots? (↙️/↖️) the few goals from headers on Advanced I had, were scored this way.

As for passing, main reason I switched to manual was exactly what you said. PA1 seemed to be picking different targets for me sometimes.
But recently I went back to check it again and it felt ok. I made sure my stick direction and power were aiming at the specific players.
I think what I did wrong before was not taking power into account.
Few pages ago some clever people were discusing passing trap zones and whatnot. That got me thinking. I think I was putting to little power into my passes and my passes were intercepted by some other players trap zones.
I dont exactly know how it all works, Im not that clever, but when I tried PA1 the other day, passes were going where I wanted them to go.

Yes, I believe player and ball momentum is enough to create a lot of power. Power bar SHOULDN'T go up to the max.
Having said that - im still learning myself.
I've also noticed (or maybe its just my imagination) that there is a grey area between low and high shot to the corner. If you aim your stick lower towards bottom, shots will go half way up towards the middle. But that could also be power of my shot. Havent really figure it out just yet.

I've posted this here before, but that was advance shot:

@chiefrocka4real sorry, I meant SHOULDN'T up there. :D shouldnt go up to max.
Nice goal! I haven't scored many powerful long shots like that, the keepers seem to be saving all of them...

My favourite looking shots on advanced are probably the low/medium power R2 shots into the top corner, here is one from yesterday (sound didn't record for some reason);

Before someone says it, yes I need to turn off the big aiming circle :P.

Guys just a question

I opened the Thread as well but nobody has answered me

I will try here

"Hi to all guys,just a quickly question for you

Does anybody knows if Is possible to import player from Pes 18 into Pes 19?

I do a really easy example

So in Pes 19 we miss Ibrahimovic...so can we create a team in Pes 18 put Ibrahimovic or Weigl or players that we don't have anymore in Pes 19 that also get face and import this team into Pes 19?

Am i wrong or the data files should be the same?

Thanks for your answers :)

Nice goal! I haven't scored many powerful long shots like that, the keepers seem to be saving all of them...

My favourite looking shots on advanced are probably the low/medium power R2 shots into the top corner, here is one from yesterday (sound didn't record for some reason);

That´s a great one indeed!
Also, I like how you received the ball with :square: + :x:.

Savage goal!
And I love your dribbling! This is one thing I really need to work on. I panic too much when I try some skill moves. I mainly use left stick.

Whats your opinion on Auto Feint guys?
Which is easier to dribble? I have it ON but even with this I cant get my head around skill moves.

Ps. About this aiming circle. It annoys me as well. But I think if you switch it off, it also switches L2 aiming "arrow".
Is there a way switching Advanced Shot circle off and keeping L2 thingy on?

Last edited:
Guys just a question

I opened the Thread as well but nobody has answered me

I will try here

"Hi to all guys,just a quickly question for you

Does anybody knows if Is possible to import player from Pes 18 into Pes 19?

I do a really easy example

So in Pes 19 we miss Ibrahimovic...so can we create a team in Pes 18 put Ibrahimovic or Weigl or players that we don't have anymore in Pes 19 that also get face and import this team into Pes 19?

Am i wrong or the data files should be the same?

Thanks for your answers :)

I failed to import PES2018 teams, so i had to edit everything from scratch. Reducing it to single players will be the same effect, i assume.

There may be certain converters on PC, but i am not into it.

I failed to import PES2018 teams, so i had to edit everything from scratch. Reducing it to single players will be the same effect, i assume.

Yeah as far as I know they are different type of files. You can't import pes18 stuff to 19

Last edited:
TTB just put out a video showing a gameplay patch created by the community which fixes the long shot issue. CPU taking a bunch of pops from long range including a sublime Messi goal that looked 100% authentic Messi. Goes to show how lazy Konami are. Also, I wish I had PES on PC

Understood

We lost a lot of faces :(

It Should be nice if Konami give us the opportunity to import team and players from the previous game

I do think the game play this year is really enjoyable - animation, pace, ball physics ,players weight etc, as well as visuals especially in licensed stadiums (PS4). I do agree with some of the constructive feedback from the community including the famous AI needs improvement issue, but I think it's being a bit overstated. I don't know if it has to do with the difficulty, controls or setup a user is using, but I have played many different cup mode games( Knoami cup, master Europe cup) and I have hardly seen the AI low cross frequent complains. I see AI score with some variety (could be improved for sure) ..I have seen the AI score shots from outside the area etc. On the pitch, I have to say game play is the best since the golden era IMO/

same here.

The only thing i did notice, is the stupid AI trying to dribble next to the line and stepping out. stupid easy free throws.
that is honestly the one thing that really stands out at the moment as irritating.
outer than that, i am having a blast with this game

Savage goal!
And I love your dribbling! This is one thing I really need to work on. I panic too much when I try some skill moves. I mainly use left stick.

Which is easier to dribble? I have it ON but even with this I cant get my head around skill moves.

Ps. About this aiming circle. It annoys me as well. But I think if you switch it off, it also switches L2 aiming "arrow".
Is there a way switching Advanced Shot circle off and keeping L2 thingy on?

I leave it on.
I hold the right stick in the running direction and move the left for a direction change and often the player does that Ronaldo chop which looks quite cool!
But sometimes it does that Roulette which I really hate lookign at :P .
There is a skill tutorial for PES 2019 but whew......dunno.....:

Advanced shooting works like this.

if you are running from left to right -----> then pushing the LS towards North West (NW) will aim bottom right hand corner, pushing LS towards South West (SW) will aim bottom left hand corner, pushing LS North East (NE) will aim top left hand corner and pushing LS South East (SE) will aim top right corner.

Then with power, power = trajectory/height, the more power you apply, the higher the ball goes, its also contextual depending how far out you are.
If you hit a shot to the bottom corner, from 25 yards and only apply a little power, it will be a weak rolling effort, if you applied 50% power, it would stay low but be a more powerful shot etc.

I have tried my best to draw out what I mean below

ojjqkk.png

29f3y2b.png

b3sbk6.png

11gkq5z.png

2pqnubm.png

zNaPMic

Bj8EupS

K0syUBg

ubtJM61

AZW0gD4

Last edited:
Savage goal!

Ps. About this aiming circle. It annoys me as well. But I think that if you switch it off it also switches L2 aiming "arrow".
Is there a way switching Advanced Shot circle and keeping L2 thingy on?
None of the stuff I did there was with skill moves, I'm not great at those either and haven't put much time into learning them and I've left auto feint on.

The touch with Pogba near the start was just a double-tap of R1 (sprint), can work well if you have space and someone is just sprinting at you, the stop/dragback is by holding R2 and the turn with Sanchez receiving the ball is a fake shot.

Generally I can dribble better against people pressuring me online with the likes of Pogba or even Lukaku because of their physicality - you can put your body between the ball and the opponent and almost go in a circle like I did against Umtiti in the video whereas smaller players would be bundled off the ball easily. I still don't think pressure spammers are punished enough by giving away fouls, though it's better than 2018.

The guy(s) behind the PTE Patch (PC) just made a fantastic point on Twitter.

Remember the PES 2019 Master League screenshots released back in July, where Liverpool's entire front-line were playing for (and top-scorers for) different clubs in season one?

ml010ub1c.jpg

Remember that the tweet (from @officialpes) was quickly deleted, and replaced with this one, where we were assured this was the "correct" screenshot? (Click the link, look at the language.)

NPOrhWk.png

Yeah, the "updated" screenshot was definitely photoshopped to hide the fact that transfers are still absolute dogshit though, wasn't it?

I know the manager here is a human manager - but the fact is they're aware this isn't what we want to see... Evidenced by the fact that they then photoshopped the image - and then reassured us that transfers are fixed. Knowing that they're not. I mean, this is blatant, guys.

Given the comments over the last few pages about Konami hearing and responding to our Master League transfer complaints, and claiming fixes... This is just evidence-tampering. Plain and simple.

I'm really shocked.

Adv. Shooting is maybe the best option in terms of controlling where the ball will go, because u can score headers more easily and low shots than in Manual (at least for me).

I played 300h in 2018 with Adv. Shooting. Really cool.

Now I intend to play all year FuMa :D

TTB just put out a video showing a gameplay patch created by the community which fixes the long shot issue. CPU taking a bunch of pops from long range including a sublime Messi goal that looked 100% authentic Messi. Goes to show how lazy Konami are. Also, I wish I had PES on PC

What a difference it makes when the CPU takes a random shot now and again and your not defending low cross spam constantly!

Still not seeing the AI sprint and dribble with the ball though, that's not a criticism of the patch maker btw, he's done more for gameplay here in 2 weeks than Konami have in 3 months since E3.

The guy(s) behind the PTE Patch (PC) just made a fantastic point on Twitter.

Remember the PES 2019 Master League screenshots released back in July, where Liverpool's entire front-line were playing for (and top-scorers for) different clubs in season one?

ml010ub1c.jpg

Remember that the tweet (from @officialpes) was quickly deleted, and replaced with this one, where we were assured this was the "correct" screenshot? (Click the link, look at the language.)

NPOrhWk.png

Yeah, the "updated" screenshot was definitely photoshopped to hide the fact that transfers are still absolute dogshit though, wasn't it?

I know the manager here is a human manager - but the fact is they're aware this isn't what we want to see... Evidenced by the fact that they then photoshopped the image - and then reassured us that transfers are fixed. Knowing that they're not. I mean, this is blatant, guys.

Given the comments over the last few pages about Konami hearing and responding to our Master League transfer complaints, and claiming fixes... This is just evidence-tampering. Plain and simple.
Yep. As soon as they released the new screenshot it was obvious. They really are a shameless bunch.

On a side note, I think I've come to terms with the fact that I'm done with the game this year. I put it in last night and had no desire whatsoever to play any mode, so ended up on training for a while. I just cannot enjoy it anymore.

a "like" for putting so much effort into finding stuff and analysing! :)
i really like to read on others opinions and compare them to mine.

A “like” that you liked it:)

Can not go back to basic shooting as scoring goals on advanced is so satisfying to me.

Had some really busy days and been off PES for a bit. Still played a couple of matches last night, and checked out P01 because I quite liked it in the demo. I have to say though, I saw some apparitions of PA1 from earlier PES games where AI felt that the game overrode my input and passed the ball in a different direction. So I will be sticking with manual passing. Still a lot of playing left to see which shooting method I will settle on. I like the advanced shooting but can't get a handle on headers.
I played a few games on PA1 last night to try different difficulties Vs others on manual.
And I think PA 1 is quite ok,had 76% passing,downside is that CPU gets higher pass than if I play manual Vs them.
Otherwise PA 1 is alright,game isnt though:)

Do you guys expect anything less from Konami? They always lie to us, and fob us offline players off with a mode that is shockingly unfinished. Not so much unfinished, just desecrated to the point of being a mess.

Does anyone know if triple A rating means that you will only get paired with others using PA1 for example and that the search width increases if you lose rating (meaning that you get paired with PA2 etc). I get the feeling I play quite a few PA2 people in Divisions (it takes such a long time getting AAA btw, I have never dsc).

That PC mod (albeit not overly relevant to console players) has to be a sign that a fix can be sorted relatively easily... I mean its not a full rework of the game, so surely Konami can patch it.

Either way, the PC mod is potentially a selling point for me, the game TTB played on his channel just looked real nice to watch and a game id love to have. Im not expecting miracles or barnstormers every match, but footballs not like that. However if I get a nice variety, ill take it :)

That PC mod (albeit not overly relevant to console players) has to be a sign that a fix can be sorted relatively easily... I mean its not a full rework of the game, so surely Konami can patch it.

Either way, the PC mod is potentially a selling point for me, the game TTB played on his channel just looked real nice to watch and a game id love to have. Im not expecting miracles or barnstormers every match, but footballs not like that. However if I get a nice variety, ill take it :)
It's definitely an improvement, but that Messi goal - he acts pretty strangely before he hits it, if you ask me. As he receives the ball (beating the nearest defender and getting in-front of him) he turns sideways to face away from the goal, when there's plenty of space between himself and the last defender he could run into (to get closer to goal) - then sort of shuffles a bit before he hits the shot.

Definitely an improvement - but all I'm saying is, no community mod can TRULY fix the AI. It's got much deeper problems than that and IMO, the only people who will truly be able to make the game better is the developers. Whether they will patch it based on feedback remains to be seen.

Am i the only one that find player movement more free and smooth in 2018?In 2019 i feel i am more on rails to move forward to the fields and the most close control aninations from last year, moving only with L stick are gone.Even with L stick+R2,the player only turns towards the opponent goalpost or does a dragback move or an old school sidestep.
I dont compare the two games in otger aspects only moving and close control.2018 seems free (not as a bird).2019 seems that when you turn with the ball the player is like snapping frames.
As everybody says that game is more loose this year i am starting feeling crazy!

It's definitely an improvement, but that Messi goal - he acts pretty strangely before he hits it, if you ask me. As he receives the ball (beating the nearest defender and getting in-front of him) he turns sideways to face away from the goal, when there's plenty of space between himself and the last defender he could run into (to get closer to goal) - then sort of shuffles a bit before he hits the shot.

Definitely an improvement - but all I'm saying is, no community mod can TRULY fix the AI. It's got much deeper problems than that and IMO, the only people who will truly be able to make the game better is the developers. Whether they will patch it based on feedback remains to be seen.
I agree with you.
Having said that, if some random bloke can fix it within (not even) two weeks from release, then it must be relatively easy fix. Just a bit of messing with the code.
And look - this was (as far as I know) only supposed to fix shots from distance, but giving AI a little push towards centre has also minimized low crossing. All the problems we have this year are related (maybe apart of GK stuck on the line) and fixing one should also fix others.
They dont shoot coz they want to go to the wings, they dont dribble, coz they want to go to the wing quickest way possible.
At least thats the way I see the whole thing.

Am i the only one that find player movement more free and smooth in 2018?In 2019 i feel i am more on rails to move forward to the fields and the most close control aninations from last year, moving only with L stick are gone.Even with L stick+R2,the player only turns towards the opponent goalpost or does a dragback move or an old school sidestep.
I dont compare the two games in otger aspects only moving and close control.2018 seems free (not as a bird).2019 seems that when you turn with the ball the player is like snapping frames.
As everybody says that game is more loose this year i am starting feeling crazy!

All I can say is I ran the PES 2019 demo yesterday after a couple weeks off.

There was hype and expectation and great matchmaking that came with the demo.

Now that has worn off you will see that 2018 is a superior game to 2019.

Until PES 2019 gets a full fix with full leagues, 2018 is a better game than 2019.

I play FUMA and am enjoying my time vs COM without worries about lag cheating or unable to find opponent.

Back
Top Bottom