PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I don't agree with that but even at that I'd take it over keepers who can't come off their line and an A.I that hits 10 plus low crosses a game then turns back on itself when through 1 on 1 to go to the wings.
You couldn’t score a goal in 1v1 situation. Two ways was to score a goal in 1v1 it was pass the keeper with balance or dribbling and lob.

I don't disagree with any of that. I'm not even hinting that 2018/2019's ML is better.

All I said was that PES6 ML was not particularly impressive at the time with its format (16 & 8 team divisions) and had plenty of stupid transfers of its own. It certainly did many things much better than recent offerings, but I never thought the off-the-pitch side of the game was strong back then... The gameplay made up for those shortcomings, and we filled in the blanks with our imagination.

The gameplay criticisms are regarding PES6 in particular. I think that version was the start of the decline of PES; it was a massive downgrade from PES5/WE9LE.
By less off-pitch details you mean : the opponent data screen where you could check all players matches and total goals/assists?The awesome records room where you could check goal/assist leaders hall of fame with tracked stats?The rating systems for gk/df/mdf/fw ?The club ranking which was more accurate?The League ranking system which was removed this year for no reason again?The other team info where you could check other teams injured players?The free training?The previous seasons history which came back just last year?

Has Konami said anything about the broken cpu AI? I mean even an acknowledgement would be nice. It is so blatant and obvious that video proof shouldn't even be necessary, just play the game offline against the CPU and the problems stick out like a sore thumb. Regardless, they have the video proof already. This is why I have very little hope that they will fix it. If they don't, I will definitely return or sell the game. It's a shame really because it does a lot of things really well.

By less off-pitch details you mean : the opponent data screen where you could check all players matches and total goals/assists?The awesome records room where you could check goal/assist leaders hall of fame with tracked stats?The rating systems for gk/df/mdf/fw ?The club ranking which was more accurate?The League ranking system which was removed this year for no reason again?The other team info where you could check other teams injured players?The free training?The previous seasons history which came back just last year?
In a game where, out-of-the-box, you'd potentially have Dynamo Kiev etc in your English top division...

I've already said I'm not arguing that ML is better in the latest versions, or has more details than previously, so I'm not sure why you're suggesting I meant this.

Has Konami said anything about the broken cpu AI? I mean even an acknowledgement would be nice. It is so blatant and obvious that video proof shouldn't even be necessary, just play the game offline against the CPU and the problems stick out like a sore thumb. Regardless, they have the video proof already. This is why I have very little hope that they will fix it. If they don't, I will definitely return or sell the game. It's a shame really because it does a lot of things really well.

they won't care its not a priority for them they have shifted their work towards online soon as I heard 'myclub overhaul' I knew offline would be given minimum dedication its basically a stick and paste

thanks for your loyalty guys sticking with us through the wilderness years while the game was on it arse here have a non tested broken ML

EDIT - I best leave it at that I have nothing positive to say of the series future and don't want to spoil it for anyone who is enjoying what they have released with constant flaming posts said my bit now

I’m annoyed with myself for buying this game.
Had another two awful games tonight. Spent most of my time looking at the timer hoping the game was ending.
I didn’t buy 17 or 18 and now I remember why.
All the old things I hated are still there and now we have crappy AI issue.
Waste of £33.00

I’m annoyed with myself for buying this game.
Had another two awful games tonight. Spent most of my time looking at the timer hoping the game was ending.
I didn’t buy 17 or 18 and now I remember why.
All the old things I hated are still there and now we have crappy AI issue.
Waste of £33.00
I understand completly what you are saying. I was on a same boat as you but I tried to change the way I play defence and that was made me to like this game more becouse I force them to make errors and see stuff from ai that I didn't saw before. Don't get me wrong, gameplay need to be patched about their obsession of wing play and broken manual headers but big plus really BIG that made this game good is how it feels when you create attacks and how your team responds to your tactic. I am really amazed about how good player individuality this game have but it's a big minus also that they don't show that when play against you. I wait for Pesuniverse OF v2 to drop and start master league but from what I read there will be unresonable transfer market activity so maybe my choice will be regular league. It's not normal how close this game is to be perfect and in the same time how far is from achieving that...

Playing ML on ps2 was no near near as realistic as it is now.

However it was far more rewarding, the currency was points which you had to earn by winning or drawing games, combined with a quick negotiations round it was tense trying to buy that one player who would make a difference.

The players you bought made a massive difference on the pitch, you had to trawl through the smallest of stats to make sure they were the best fit.

I’d even go back to 2012/2013 on the wii which for me were the last truly excellent games, I remember having Fellaini in my midfield and though there were technically better players than him his size and strength made a rock in midfield.

They are now making a master league which is losing its magic by trying to introduce realism made by people who don’t understand management, pick a favourite player, fans giving players nicknames, convoluted cut scenes, excessive loading screens, ridiculous statements that nobody in football would make.

Perhaps that’s why the old way worked, it was simplistic and made the sense of building a team an accomplishment.

Can someone explain to me why people say pes6 was worse than 5? And why it's seen as the start of the decline? I thought it was brilliant.

Regarding this year's game though, since reading the fantastic thread by @miguelfcp I have tried editing the PLA division into an amateur level league.

Now most players got 40s for all technical and physicals with each team getting a "special" player.

I noticed that in exhibition I can see the attack and defensive prowess stats as well as speed and explosive power really come into to play, BUT on master league it's a whole different ball game. Stats aren't as pronounced, it's really frustrating, its like a completely different game.

Then you have team spirit.. that stuff is garbage, plus I'm not certain which led it was but there was one with randomly generated regens, that were loosely based on players in the game which came with a report for example: A. Player reminds me of L. Messi... I think we should sign him.

Also.. Konami really really need to go back to using pass accuracy and speed, dribble accuracy and speed, shot accuracy and technique attributes...

Can someone explain to me why people say pes6 was worse than 5? And why it's seen as the start of the decline? I thought it was brilliant.

Regarding this year's game though, since reading the fantastic thread by @miguelfcp I have tried editing the PLA division into an amateur level league.

Now most players got 40s for all technical and physicals with each team getting a "special" player.

I noticed that in exhibition I can see the attack and defensive prowess stats as well as speed and explosive power really come into to play, BUT on master league it's a whole different ball game. Stats aren't as pronounced, it's really frustrating, its like a completely different game.

Also.. Konami really really need to go back to using pass accuracy and speed, dribble accuracy and speed, shot accuracy and technique attributes...
Because Pes 5 had slower pace and was less arcade game.

I bought PES 5 on PC that year it released. Remember it being good. I usually keep an eye on football games and there wouldve been a good reason that I went for Fifa the following year rather than PES6.

I wonder if there are any good PES 5 patches to bring that game up to modern standards.

Hi all! Long time lurker. Been playing PES since its 4th iteration. I find PES 2019 quite good. Anyone fancy a Pass supp. 1 game my PSN is wangczuk :D

I firmly believe that the root of all problems with PES is that we don't even know if our feedback makes it to the actual game developers. You've got idiots like Adam who are supposed to be our points of contact but I'm pretty sure they don't forward our feedback to the people that actually matter.
Yeah, sure, let's blame the PR guy. His job is to hype the game and you can't call him out for doing that. And it's certainly not okay to call him an idiot.

Adam's job is to promote PES, "brand manager" not be a sounding board for dissatisfied customers. Feedback certainly came to Konami, but the number of people who want MyClub improvements is far more than those wanting to focus on Master League and A.I issues. Even if your feedback went to the people that matter, that means nothing developers do what they feel not what the hardcore fans want.

Yeah, sure, let's blame the PR guy. His job is to hype the game and you can't call him out for doing that. And it's certainly not okay to call him an idiot.

When Adam ignores his customer base then it's hard to defend him.

He said he was committed to make PES what it was when he joined Konami but all he does is block and ignore people who give genuine feedback. It's not just him but at every level at Konami it seems they are ignorant to what's actually being fed back by the masses.

Adam's job is to promote PES, "brand manager" not be a sounding board for dissatisfied customers. Feedback certainly came to Konami, but the number of people who want MyClub improvements is far more than those wanting to focus on Master League and A.I issues. Even if your feedback went to the people that matter, that means nothing developers do what they feel not what the hardcore fans want.

Well they should be honest then and not make ludicrous statements like a 're worked ML with significant improvement and the AI who play differently depending on the team...its just lies

Then you have team spirit.. that stuff is garbage, plus I'm not certain which led it was but there was one with randomly generated regens, that were loosely based on players in the game which came with a report for example: A. Player reminds me of L. Messi... I think we should sign him.

More realistic pace, less arcadey, better player collisions, better ball physics, better roster out of the box.

I played 71 matches (20 min, Professional, PA0, Advanced through ball, basic shooting) that's almost 24 hours of gameplay and I keep finding new animations.

I'd like to share some situations I had in a match (sorry about the quality of the videos). The level of freedom when in possession is amazing, you can perform almost any idea you have in your mind. Everyday I have different goals and situations, randomness of this game is the best in the series.

Well they should be honest then and not make ludicrous statements like a 're worked ML with significant improvement and the AI who play differently depending on the team...its just lies
Exactly this. Regardless of his actual involvement, as soon as it comes out of Adam's mouth then he is endorsing those words.

ML is a joke. Adam himself claimed that his focus was on improving ML; we saw numerous soundbites and website features about an improved ML and esecially about improved transfers. We got nothing. He endorsed those claims that were false.

And that is 2019 alone. We need not get into years gone by.

Honesty in PR? I don't think you understand the nature of his job. Do you really feel FIFA/PES give honest accounts of their incremental yearly updates? - if they did none of us would buy the game. Tbf some teams play differently buy all try the low cross when they "want to score" it's clearly a huge AI problem that they simply haven't addressed, think it won't be solved until PES2020 then a new one will come along. Each year since PES 2008 there's been gamebreaking issues, even PES 2011 had the wing backs who wouldn't close down at all giving free crosses away all game long. PES 2016, low shot bug/keepers, PES2017 easy to dribble from def to attack and the headers.. PES2018 high through ball issues and no physicality.

The problem is the developers are working each year, and solving issues and creating new ones while delivering small updates/tweaks to gameplay. Looks to me like the development cycle means they can't solve the new issues in time, and release regardless.

Football games shouldn't be scared of holding off on releasing like AA titles have done, BF5, GTA5, Uncharted - to ensure that when the game comes out it doesn't have these bugs.

Also any mention from Konami of the supposed update with Ibrox/Celtic Park etc? that should have the patch... this is where Adam/Asim/PES fail, poor communication on updates.

Honesty in PR? I don't think you understand the nature of his job. Do you really feel FIFA/PES give honest accounts of their incremental yearly updates? - if they did none of us would buy the game. Tbf some teams play differently buy all try the low cross when they "want to score" it's clearly a huge AI problem that they simply haven't addressed, think it won't be solved until PES2020 then a new one will come along. Each year since PES 2008 there's been gamebreaking issues, even PES 2011 had the wing backs who wouldn't close down at all giving free crosses away all game long. PES 2016, low shot bug/keepers, PES2017 easy to dribble from def to attack and the headers.. PES2018 high through ball issues and no physicality.

The problem is the developers are working each year, and solving issues and creating new ones while delivering small updates/tweaks to gameplay. Looks to me like the development cycle means they can't solve the new issues in time, and release regardless.

Football games shouldn't be scared of holding off on releasing like AA titles have done, BF5, GTA5, Uncharted - to ensure that when the game comes out it doesn't have these bugs.

Also any mention from Konami of the supposed update with Ibrox/Celtic Park etc? that should have the patch... this is where Adam/Asim/PES fail, poor communication on updates.

I understand the nature of his job just fine.

Promote the game which he does but you simply shouldn't get away with blatant lies. He sat on couches on streams pre release bare face lying about the game and the content. Doesn't sit right with me.

Back
Top Bottom